PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Jul 30

Jul 30

inFAMOUS 2 Comic-Con Panel Highlights

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Panels are typically the highlights of Comic-Con, but truth be told, they’re a bit of a pain in the arse. You end up waiting in a long line (sometimes for hours), fight for good seats with people who are squatting for the Vampire Chick Lit panel happening like 2 days later in the same room, and endure one or more of the following: difficult lighting/audio issues/off-topic Q&As.

Wouldn’t it be easier if all the good stuff was cut down into, say, 7 minutes and 53 seconds?

In this highlight reel of the inFAMOUS 2 Comic-Con panel, the Sucker Punch team talks about the creation of Cole and the changes he’s gone through since the first inFAMOUS (including his voice), how New Orleans is an influence on inFAMOUS 2’s setting of New Marais, and, the all important question of why Cole can’t climb chain link fences:

And round of applause for IGN’s Greg Miller – huge inFAMOUS fan and panel host extraordinaire. Nice job moderating, Greg.

One last bit of inFAMOUS-related business: tomorrow is the last day to register on inFAMOUStheGAME.com to get an exclusive PS3 theme. It’s made from concept art for the game and this is the only way you can get it.

inFAMOUS 2 theme thumbnail

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

cmdluke said:

July 30th, 8:12 am

I registered for the theme, but never received it. how do we actually get the download for the theme after we register?

DZORMAGEN said:

July 30th, 8:12 am

Beyond!!!

GameOverGreggy said:

July 30th, 8:16 am

<3 BEYOND!

reson8er said:

July 30th, 8:17 am

Beyond + Zombie Blogbneck = Win

daryl24680 said:

July 30th, 8:23 am

Can’t wait to receive my theme! Also, good hosting Greg!

DZORMAGEN said:

July 30th, 8:24 am

Nice Greg made a comment!! #3

theonecalledgsk said:

July 30th, 8:24 am

1 and 5:

The site states you’ll receive the code on or by August 31, 2010.

zekececil14 said:

July 30th, 8:28 am

Yes this is illrelevant, but are you guys going to get the details on Insomniac’s new game? They are supposed to announce it today, and i’m excited! *crosses fingers for new Ratchet & Clank*

cmdluke said:

July 30th, 8:29 am

7 – thanks. not sure how i missed that. =D

8 – I’m hoping for R3 or the new IP from EA partners.

nem0905 said:

July 30th, 8:29 am

i loved Jason Cottle as Cole >_> Eric Laden pffft <_<

Akibara12 said:

July 30th, 8:30 am

I smell infamous 2 dynamic theme :D

TorgoTime said:

July 30th, 8:31 am

Infamous 2! So good makes me wanna slap my momma!

Game-Sammich_Dan said:

July 30th, 8:32 am

BEYOWNED

Kirgandian said:

July 30th, 8:32 am

Great panel. It was especially good to see that someone from New Orleans actually commented on how similar New Marais and New Orleans are.

Oh and…BEYOND!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Rey Gutierrez said:

July 30th, 9:41 am

Yep, it was a great comment/question which made the final cut.

BlooodyCow said:

July 30th, 8:35 am

lol…glad to see that these guys are still having fun making games. inFAMOUS was the best game at E3 and hopefully the best game of 2011 if The Last Guardian doesn’t come out

dragonmagician said:

July 30th, 8:36 am

BEYOND!

IrishHater said:

July 30th, 8:37 am

I can not wait for this game or the Sly Cooper Collection. Maybe I should think about moving in with SP. I can get early copies from you, and I in return I can do odd jobs around your place. Might be better for the both of us, who knows…

tiger7758 said:

July 30th, 8:46 am

Awesome stuff. Can’t wait for the theme to arrive!

Enforcer_X said:

July 30th, 8:49 am

Still want the REAL COLE back!

sagejonathan said:

July 30th, 8:50 am

Hehe… i signed up at the website and imma get my new theme… MWA HAHA HAHA!!!!!! >_<

StargamerX said:

July 30th, 8:54 am

@8: I don’t think they announcing the game, just *when* they will announce the game. :P

Can’t wait for inFamous 2 and The Sly Collection! Sucker Punch is underrated in my opinion. They should be right up there with Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games.

XxNo0b_H8rxX said:

July 30th, 8:59 am

the only people who hated old cole were xbots who found 1 reason to hate the game…. please bring the design and voice actor back… if you want to change him, change him more on a level that you changed Zeke

zekececil14 said:

July 30th, 9:02 am

@21
no, its THE GAME! It supposed to be emailed through their newsletter, but i dont have a computer(broken) and my PS3’s crappy browser wont let me on my email.
@9
Their EA IP probably wont live up to their others because EA is crap! I HATE EA!

rdmorris1234 said:

July 30th, 9:07 am

I like the new cole’s look – no offense to old cole fans.

Kenshin71 said:

July 30th, 9:47 am

So what’s happening on the Cole design?

I read SP are changing him back more to the real Cole because the fans hated “Xtreme Cole”, so I hope we get a preview soon. The two clips of the original and sequel in that interview really showed how incongruous the new design was.

Busca-Cabezas said:

July 30th, 9:53 am

I also registered for the PS3 theme but have received no email or any info on how to obtain it… Any news or info on this matter?

Busca-Cabezas said:

July 30th, 9:54 am

Oh! I see… they will be emailed to us by Aug. 31st 2010? Is that the case?

Fluidshine said:

July 30th, 10:21 am

Oh god I can’t wait for this game. LOL at the guy who asked why Cole couldn’t climb chain-linked fences!

Wheresatom said:

July 30th, 10:25 am

Looking forward to this game!

Beyond!

ForgiveMyAim said:

July 30th, 10:56 am

I don’t mind that Cole grew hair but his voice is way less [DELETED]

narwhalSTAB said:

July 30th, 11:04 am

BEYOND

maverick34jjv said:

July 30th, 11:12 am

YAY inFamous 2!!! Would we get the theme through an e-mail with a code to download it?

TheGuardianFID said:

July 30th, 11:20 am

Great stuff guys, man I am itching for a Demo!!! P) 8)

AceOfSpades725 said:

July 30th, 12:07 pm

I can’t wait for this game! it looks awesome!

BEYOND!

G_i_g_a_n_t_o_r said:

July 30th, 12:28 pm

When I tried to register at infamousthegame.com it said I was already registered. I know that I signed up for the exclusive theme for the first Infamous. Will I still be sent the code for Infamous 2?

zekececil14 said:

July 30th, 12:32 pm

@21
Well, you were right. They were just announcing when they will announce the game. Here are their words:

And yes, we realize we’re announcing an announcement, and that we announced this newsletter announcement via a Twitter/Facebook announcement earlier this week. We feel a little bad about announcing the announcement of an announcement – but on the other hand, you’re excited and so are we.

G_i_g_a_n_t_o_r said:

July 30th, 1:21 pm

I like Cole’s new outfit. It still has a very urban feel to it. Real people are allowed to change their clothes, although I know it is part an parcel with the iconography of the character. Besides it probably is really hot running around in a leather jacket in the South.

The voice isn’t all that different. It is just a little less gravelly. Minor face changes due to better skills modeling on the PS3 are to be expected.

My one nitpick is the change from a blonde to a brunette. That was the one change that really made me wonder if I was seeing the same character during the trailer.

BlazeKush420 said:

July 30th, 1:48 pm

If you put mp in the game. Just co op.
and No Ps move or 3d support PLEASE.

Moriarty-IGN said:

July 30th, 1:49 pm

BEYOND!

QuietstormRB said:

July 30th, 1:53 pm

The first InFAMOUS was a great game. I’m really looking forward to the sequel. I wonder what pre-order bonuses Sucker Punch might offer and will there be an incentive for us gamers that have completed the first one?

mafia28 said:

July 30th, 2:39 pm

BEYOND!!!

SpyDudeFX said:

July 30th, 2:39 pm

Sounds great. Hope the theme is dynamic but I suspect its static. Can we get more effort on dynamic themes? I don’t even use static ones anymore.

GAM3R_16 said:

July 30th, 5:19 pm

Awesome! when are we getting the theme? BEYOND!!!

Zezzler said:

July 30th, 6:08 pm

when the first gameplay footage was shown, i was really impressed by how awesome the music was. i haven’t heard many people talk about it, but it was really one of those cool changes that stood out to me. I really hope you keep that in inFamous 2! also I really hope that the close up ‘hand-to-hand’ combat is made into a really in depth system that isn’t just tacked on. I think it has great potential.

That was an awesome video, can’t wait to see some more, and just a little BEYOND!

Enigma777 said:

July 30th, 11:29 pm

No one asked about Cole’s redesign?

Fail!

SarshelYam said:

July 31st, 12:23 am

@38

Why no 3D support? It’s a feature you aren’t forced to use and would only serve to beef up an already intense experience.

I could also see Move support if it was tastefully done in a non-required mini-game fashion outside of the main story. Something like a First Person shooting gallery that has the player, as Cole, shooting thugs in a Midway style carnival game.

Again, it’s not something that would be a requirement, but certainly a feature I’d welcome as a prospective Move supporter.

waypoetic said:

July 31st, 2:11 am

“Tomorrow” equals today and the theme is nowhere to be seen at the infamous site. Yeah.

lPHOENIXZEROl said:

July 31st, 2:58 am

I wish they’d stop bringing up Superman, it’s not the character’s fault or his power set nor is perceived lack of weaknesses (or limits) that have prevented the character from having good games. It’s the mostly terrible concepts and/or their terrible execution and a lack of good ideas on how to make it work, not to mention the issues licensed characters can cause and all the fun times that come along with that. It’s not as if there’s a long list of other good or excellent comic superhero games out there with licensed characters. The character has just never had the right developers behind making said game. It’s kind of sad that his best game is generally considered to be Superman: Shadow of Apokolips, again with the right team and concept driving it, there could be a good if not great Superman game.

Hell, look at Batman, a human character and all the crappy games that have been made out of a character doesn’t even have super powers. Or does everyone (understandably) just forget all the crap that came out before Arkham Asylum?

Limitations or no, it’s just an excuse.

CDubyahS said:

July 31st, 5:27 am

ALL I SEE IS ORIGINAL INFAMOUS SPAM WHERE IS MY FREE THEME WHAT A PAIN IN THE REAR I AINT BUYIN A PAIN GAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FUN AND NOT SO WEIRD/DIFFICULT I GAVE YOU MY FRIGGIN EMAIL NOW WHERE IS THE THEME???????????????

IrishHater said:

July 31st, 6:09 am

@48, and everyone else who does not know how to READ. This is cut right from the main page of infamousthegame website. Seriously is it that hard to just stop and READ!

“*Theme Voucher will be emailed to all inFAMOUS2 registrants by or on August 31st, 2010”

PAGE 1 2