Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 02

Aug 02

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Official Release Date and Pre-Order Pack

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

God of War: Ghost of Sparta logo

Spartan Army! Prepare to embark on a journey of lost worlds and discover the origins of Kratos as Ready At Dawn in conjunction with our Santa Monica Studio are thrilled to announce that the eagerly anticipated PSP experience God of War: Ghost of Sparta will hit store shelves on Tuesday, November 2nd, just in time for the holidays!

After walking away from E3 with 10 “Best of ..” awards, and the incredible first gameplay look of King Midas at the recent “The World That is God of War” discussion panel at Comic-Con, we felt that it was only proper that we offer a pre-order package that is fitting to the gods.

Starting today, pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta at any of our participating retailers and receive the ultimate DLC pack at launch.

The God of War: Ghost of Sparta pre-order package includes ALL of the following:

• Ghost of Sparta Original Soundtrack – Be part of the legacy, and relive the emotional soundscape of defiance and rage through the original soundtrack.
  • PSP Theme – Are you the ultimate God of War fan? Prove it with the God of War: Ghost of Sparta theme.
  • PS3 Dynamic Theme – Fully animated in constant motion, personalize your PS3 system with the official God of War Dynamic Theme.
  • PlayStation Network Avatar – Be one of the few to own the exclusive Kratos Avatar only available through this pre-order.
  • Legionnaire Skin – Discover the origins of the Spartan warrior as you experience God of War: Ghost of Sparta as Legionnaire Kratos.
  • EXCLUSIVE Game Directors Documentary – A full length featured video roundtable with all of the past and present Game Directors for the God of War franchise in front of a live studio audience, including: David Jaffe, Cory Barlog, Stig Asmussen, Ru Weerasuiya and Dana Jan.

Sounds like a lot? Here’s a cheat sheet for the entire DLC pre-order pack.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta details

Update: For those that have the PSP Go, have no fear! The same pre-order bundle will be offered to those who purchase the digital download version of God of War: Ghost of Sparta through the PlayStation Store from November 2, 2010 to November 9, 2010.

Additionally, fans can pre-order the ultimate PSP bundle in the form of the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Entertainment Pack beginning today as well. It will be available at all participating retailers for $199.99 MSRP.

Contents include:

• Black and Red Two-Toned PSP-3000
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta UMD Game– After God of War concludes, Ghost of Sparta begins with the story of Kratos’ ascension to power as the God of War.
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus PlayStation Network Downloadable Game Voucher – Before the events of God of War, experience Kratos’ journey during the 10-years of servitude to the Gods of Olympus in one of the most highly acclaimed action titles of all time!
  • Kick Ass – UMD Movie
  • 2 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

Every End Must First Begin …

For more details on today’s announcement, visit godofwar.com or spartansstandtall.com.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP

Add Your Own

TheLowlyThumb said:

August 2nd, 2:16 pm

wasn’t clear in the post, but if you pre-order the psp pack, do you also get the dlc?

BLEACH-Fan said:

August 2nd, 2:19 pm

Sony you guys are awesome keep them God of Wars coming you guys have no idea how much of a big fan I am PLEASE PLEASE!!! give us God of War 3 DLC!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSE!!!!!!!!

falconsfan07 said:

August 2nd, 2:27 pm

If we pre-order the PSP Bundle then do we get the DLC as well?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 2nd, 3:34 pm

Don’t worry. More info to come

QUINTISON said:

August 2nd, 2:45 pm

Can i get this deal on a downloadable code at amazon or do i need the disc. Having the go and a 16GB stick i’d rather simply take as many games with me as i can but would still like the swag.

arnoldmcguire335 said:

August 2nd, 2:47 pm

@91 it looks like the Piano Black and Radiant Red PSPs fusioned to become that. the buttons and back are of the Radiant Red’s while the front is of the Piano Black one.

QDOG8 said:

August 2nd, 2:50 pm

Ultimate God of War Bundle:
PS3 “slim”
God of War III (PS3)
God of War PS2 Collection (PS3)
Blood Red God of War PSP
God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP)

NESGamepro said:

August 2nd, 2:53 pm

@16 and 18

That’s exactly what I wanted to know, looks like I’ll be a first week buyer. Thanks Ken, the game looks great.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 2nd, 4:10 pm

Not a problem!

gbear240 said:

August 2nd, 3:08 pm

a psp god of war and kickass the movie for the psp to good to be true wait this is playstation so its always awsome and true of course

maddymad said:

August 2nd, 3:32 pm

News of the month! I can’t wait for this game!

Enigma777 said:

August 2nd, 3:34 pm

Good to see you’re not shafting the PSPgo owners like myself like a lot of other publishers do (Yea, I’m talking about you Atlus!).

I’m a huge GOW fan so this has been a day-one buy since it was announced, but now I’m even happier. Can’t wait to get my hands on the dynamic theme/avatar!

kratos1984 said:

August 2nd, 4:16 pm

sounds awesome! glad psp go owners won’t be left out. only problem for me is when i purchase ghost of sparta on launch i’ll have to wait over a month to be able to play it, cause i’m buying a psp go this x-mas don’t have the money yet. it’ll be worth the wait though!

Spideywebs said:

August 2nd, 5:14 pm

Awesome news. Any chance for a Kratos Playstation Home Avatar?

swagg4700 said:

August 2nd, 5:28 pm

I hope it comes out for pspgo

Kchow23 said:

August 2nd, 5:38 pm

if I buy God of War:Ghost of Sparta from the Canadian PSN Store… will I still get the pre-order bonuses? or is it US Only?

NotoriousGamer said:

August 2nd, 5:59 pm

There should be a PS3 and PSP bundle available to buy in NA.

PSP 3000.
PS3 white 320GB new eco friendly one from Japan!

oBlossom92o said:

August 2nd, 6:15 pm

if i pre order the psp bundle will i still get the DLC? i dont own a psp yet and it seems like a good deal but i’d hate to miss out on DLC.

ItaChu said:

August 2nd, 6:42 pm

I want that PSN Avatar ….perfect time to get a new psp ….if you announce a PSP2 now, I wont get it LOL

Wipeoutt31 said:

August 2nd, 6:46 pm

NO MORE UMD MOVIES!!!

Immak said:

August 2nd, 6:52 pm

Will this content be region-locked as well?
I bought the CE for GoW3 (with Pandora’s box etc), and even now I still can’t access the “Making of” content. The representative said it was region locked, and unavailable in my region. Of course, I saw it on the store a week later for 6 bucks, and confirmed from local friends that they were able to purchase.

That has left an absolutely horrible taste in my mouth. It’s a very bad experience for someone who dropped the extra cash on a Collector’s Edition. It was bad enough that there was basically nothing in the box except for vouchers, but then I couldn’t even use the vouchers? Horrible.

I’d like to know ahead of time if that will be different for this one. I hope so.

Devilkain2 said:

August 2nd, 6:59 pm

what places in Canada are the participating retailers? I try going to the site to search for them, but when I try and changing the country to Canada to view the retailers, it does not switch over. If you can help me this, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks :D

ninja0292 said:

August 2nd, 7:07 pm

I have a question… Can I download all the DLC content from my PS3?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 2nd, 10:37 pm

Yup. You should be able to access and download everything through the PS Store

dstith76 said:

August 2nd, 7:16 pm

IS THE DLC GOING TO BE AT GAME STOP OR JUST amazon.COM PLEASE GIVE THE INFO

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 2nd, 10:38 pm

It’s at GameStop, Amazon and Best Buy. Please check out http://www.godofwar.com and spartansstandtall.com for more info

TakeUrBestShot said:

August 2nd, 7:39 pm

I’m going to be so broke in November. I’ll be getting the Ghost of Sparta bundle and GT5 Collectors Edition on the 2nd. Then I’ll be picking up the Collectors Edition of LBP2 on the 16th. Christmas is coming early this year.

TJF588 said:

August 2nd, 7:43 pm

Exceedingly excited for this. I was worried it would be gaudy around the screen, but with a black face, this would go so well with my cell phone and DS Lite. Time to start savin’ up (thank goodness for a jorb!); c’mon, Amazon, make the preorders available!

bdawg923 said:

August 2nd, 8:01 pm

If I pre-order the God of War PSP Entertainment pack ($199.99) at Amazon, will it include all these pre-order goodies?

shrimpdude said:

August 2nd, 8:17 pm

I’d be first in line to preorder this if there were actual physical items instead of downloads. In fact, I’d pay extra for it too. But since it’s all download, I’ll probably drag my heels on this. I might even just download the game for free instead.

xuipid said:

August 2nd, 8:24 pm

My only problem is the game is $5 cheaper on Amazon for preorders. Yet the GO people must purchase through the PSN at full price. Not exactly being 100% fair to the GO owners Sony… Again we fall prey to pricing that is not competitive compared to the physical medium (which costs more to produce)

Sekoku said:

August 2nd, 8:44 pm

And for those of us that want to buy it digitally but aren’t on the Go, do we get this bonus during that same timeframe?

Okay, not buying it for a while then.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 3rd, 10:23 pm

As long as you buy Ghost of Sparta through the PS Store during the first week of launch, you’ll get the same pre-order pack

sith94 said:

August 2nd, 9:14 pm

Yep, I would like to know the same thing as Sekoku. As I will probably only be able to get it through the PSS.

NateDtail91 said:

August 2nd, 9:36 pm

YES! just bought a Psp Go and I’m very happy that i got it. This is just more happiness coming my way, thank you for the pre-order promotion information Ken Chan :D you truly made my day.

Roccococoide said:

August 2nd, 9:52 pm

Please, we need info regarding the GoS PSP entertainment pack. Will it come with the DLC given for buying only the UMD?

TallCrowe said:

August 2nd, 10:07 pm

I’m not one for pre-orders. Who knows what will happen between now and then. How will I balance that and Gran Turismo. I just don’t know if I’m capable of all that. Alright I said my piece. I guess I order it from amazon.

korgon117 said:

August 2nd, 10:17 pm

Hmm I recently got Peace Walker. Doubt Im gonna get this. But pspgo people, he did state how you can get your stuff too in the post. It might help if you just READ THE POST!

gdogg666 said:

August 2nd, 10:45 pm

question would we see a demo of the game?

incognito408 said:

August 2nd, 11:21 pm

If you get the PSP bundle do you get the the DLC content too?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

August 3rd, 3:31 pm

Check with any of our participating retailers for more information

SpyDudeFX said:

August 3rd, 12:19 am

Is the avatar and dynamic theme a definitive exclusive or timed? The wording on the avatar sounds like it’s a forever exclusive.

mjkaka said:

August 3rd, 12:31 am

what about ppl who already have psp3000 can they order GOW sparta from psn and still get the COO downloadble game voucher

defjedijam said:

August 3rd, 2:36 am

Very nice sounding pack of content for this new game. I like for once Sony isn’t acting like the PSPGo doesn’t exist and no one has one, I like it a lot better than my old 2001 or my girlfriends 3001. I’m happy I’m not being treated like crap by Sony for buying one any more. You guys have been making some really nice improvements to the store and this shows a really nice trend in treatment of not just GO users but all PSP users. Oh and for all those who thought the PSP was dead or dying between games like MGS: PW and GoW: GoS it seems the system is really only starting to be used to it’s full potential.

Thank you Sony and thank you Ken for the info :)

P.S.
Red and black PSP3000? Should not the color scheme be red/white?

digitalman123 said:

August 3rd, 7:58 am

Thanks Ken for the info!! Can’t wait!! Gotta pre-order this!! :)

Chance_Splinter said:

August 3rd, 11:51 am

Awesome! What do I get for preordering off PSN for my Go?

Chance_Splinter said:

August 3rd, 11:53 am

Oh, post 16. Sweet!

sith94 said:

August 3rd, 5:10 pm

So can my question be answered please. It’s almost November and I need to know now :P

syscoman said:

August 4th, 4:08 am

I am a PSP hardware collector. This bundle is just dandy and it’s mine!! :-D

dj128 said:

August 4th, 4:22 am

I plan on getting the PSP bundle because my PSp broke a few months ago.

HeidiPoe said:

August 4th, 8:10 am

Just to be extra sure: is the soundtrack DLC as well or is it an actual, tangible item?

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

August 4th, 11:02 pm

What about participating retailers in CANADA? Where do I have to order it from here?

Rainwater said:

August 5th, 3:45 am

Thanks for including us PSP Go owners in the pre-order bonuses. Really looking forward to this game.

koolkhai99 said:

August 5th, 12:00 pm

Hi Ken I was just wondering for the psp go owners who buy this game will the dlc codes be sent to their e-mail or will you just be able to instantly download them once you purchase the game bcuz if its instantly downloading the dlc that’s bad news for me bcuz my ps3 and psp have different psn accounts and i won’t be able to access the stuff i want on my ps3

iTofuMan said:

August 5th, 5:03 pm

This seems really cool. Ill admit im not the biggest GoW fan i played 1/2 and the psp it was really fun, but all this pre-order stuff seems temping to buy. Is there a price on the game yet? hoping the Psn version is cheaper than the umd atleast 5-10$ than the umd i hope. ill probably get this if its at a good price.

KBK11 said:

August 5th, 5:51 pm

Ken, will there be a demo released on PSN anytime soon?