Minecraft PS4

ModNation Monday: Title Update 1.02 Releases August 4th, Brings Improvements

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Aug 02, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation_Mondays

This Wednesday, August 4th at 2:00am (Pacific Time), the ModNation Racers Title Update 1.02 goes live improving many of the issues the community has been concerned about. On behalf of UFG, we want to thank everyone for supporting ModNation and being patient as we’ve worked hard to make it the best experience possible. If you didn’t see the patch details on the IGN last Friday, here is a run down:

Update: Title Update 1.02 for ModNation Racers unfortunately introduced an issue that affects online XP Races and XP Series. We’ve identified the cause and are quickly working on a solution to resolve the issue. We intend on updating the ModNation Community on the release of this fix as soon as possible.

Load Time Improvements
While there are still loads, you will see decreases in load times throughout the game.

New “Casual” Difficulty Mode
We’ve added a “casual” difficulty setting in the options screen.

Challenge friends in XP Series
We’ve added the ability to invite your friends to XP Races & Series.

No more “Hot Lap” Cheaters
We fixed a bug that allowed players to cut the track and post unbeatable times in Hot Lap.

Get into Online Races Quicker
Along with improved load times, we’ve removed the online game room from the ModSpot so you can get into the race faster.

Improved Server Stability
We’ve addressed issues to improve intermittent disconnects that players were experiencing.

Three Challenges now more attainable
We wanted to provide you challenges, but didn’t want to sacrifice fun. We found 3 challenges that proved extremely difficult and changed the conditions to complete them. This includes:

• Devastator takedown on Wild Run
  • Devastator takedown on Modobahn
  • Sideswipe 3 opponents on the cliff side on Fracture

The Tin Bucket Unlocked!
Finally this is an item is unlocked and available to everyone by default.

Collector Card Improvement
Now see all player creations in their entirety.

Improvements to ModNation Racers don’t stop here, we are still constantly listening to the community and are committed to making ModNation Racers one of the most enjoyable experiences you’ll have on your PS3.

New features on Community.ModNation.com

We added features to the Community site Community.ModNation.com to make the experience better too, including:

Race Logs
Check out your series and XP race stats here.

See your Favorites
Now view your favorite creators as well as others’ favorite creators.

Search for Friends
Search for other players using the new icon next to login.

Rep Check
Check out you reputation under each creation type.

DLC Voucher Codes giveaway!!

ModNation Racers

Stay tuned, I’ll be giving away some voucher codes for Nathan Drake, Ratchet & Clank, and Kratos DLC in the comments section.

Nukular and Kart available tomorrow!

ModNation Racers: Nukular

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, this week’s DLC is Nukular and Kart is finally available. They can be purchased separately or as a bundle from the PSN.

ModNation Racers: Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Creator: Donor

ModNation Racers: Green Monster Van

Tracks of the Week

Track Name: Arctic GP
Created by: dragon_Bremen

ModNation Racers: Artic GP ModNation Racers: Artic GP 2

dragon_Bremen says: “This track is based on Arctic mountains. It goes from ice-cold seaside to a high mountain peak. From the mountain peak, a big, nasty switchback goes to the finish. Be prepared to have a full action track with mean obstacles and jumps.”

Track Name: New York
Created by: Adie23

ModNation Racers: New York ModNation Racers: New York

ModNation Racers: New York ModNation Racers: New York

Aldie says Inspired by New York, this track has several jumps, traps and sights to see!”

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started week’s ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

• Monday: Mountain Madness by dragon_Bremen
  • Tuesday: Once A Scenic Drive… by StealthReborn–
  • Wednesday: Dawn Patrol, by maverick—07–
  • Thursday: Broken Paradise by lneon_Inoodle
  • Friday: Mystery Track of the Week
  • Saturday: Hurghada Morning by DjTechnics
  • Sunday: Gardens of Deception by ArgorokX

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

1,662 Comments   20 Replies

PAGE 1 2 3 4 34

+ jedi_webslinger on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Voucher code I meant…

+ Awesomness_Dude on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

I am so glad to see all of the updates. But I kind of liked the online game room.. gives people a chance to see your creations… I am happy they decided to fix the hot lap bug… although I did get the hot lap trophy, it made it impossible to beat those times.

+ Snamaro on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

I want the kratos mod and kart so bad =(, The patch is looking excellent great work UFG

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Kratos codes

667D-DLBB-KTLP
9A7C-Q6BK-P4ME
977T-7MB2-HD3Q
H7C7-34B3-CM9Q
L28A-KMBE-CCDK

+ Craazy on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Oh boy, I thought it was coming today but Wed. actually works out better for me so I am doubly psyched! and the new cart looks super cool I might have to pick that one up!

+ moriarty1975 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

U.S only? Booo!! ;)

+ TheAlbraskan on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Woot! Just got the first Kratos Code.

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Woot! This made my day. Awesome update. Can’t wait to play this game again.

+ ROFLdrg on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Can’t wait for the update! I just got ModNation Racers for me and my girlfriend. It’s going to be great doing exp races together! Would love to get a chance at the DLC, i’m a huge Uncharted fan and i wasn’t able to pick up the DLC with a pre-order when the game launched :(

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Ratchet and Clank codes

J7GM-E3BH-C6C2
PG4K-54BN-6G9P
JN33-K2B2-6NB8
AHNM-EHBJ-89P3
GJA5-R4B9-2JP7

+ QWin15 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Were the load time improvements done with additional hard drive cacheing? I’m only curious because I want to know if I’ll get even more improved load times with an ssd drive in my ps3 rather than the standard hard drive.

Thanks for getting out the patch, I actually haven’t removed the shrink wrap on my game yet because of all of the load time complaints.

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

Ramone Russell and UFG Thank you for making such a wonderful game.ive had so much fun playing since the launch. The load times were never really a big deal, but im glad all of the issues are being addressed with the patch,but There should be an option to choose the A.I or at least make to wear it choose other mods other than UFGs in a race when you are doing split screen o quick race etc. It would be cool to see our creations in a race. Because the only time you get to see them is when you play as them or when other play as them. Just a suggestion

+ Azfargh on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

Yeah man, give some DLC too… I miss a “mario kart 64″ battle arenas… that´s worth a 4 players splittscreen for sure! Please… read and think about my suggestion guys…!

+ papidj1 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

THANK U GOT CRATOS MOD! ;)

+ Jeigh on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

Now THAT is supporting your release. For those complaining, you should come try White Knight Chronicles some time. God knows there are plenty of problems with it and Level 5 hasn’t done jack. The “Announcements” hasn’t changed from the “server maintenance” message that was put up day 1, and I get the feeling they aren’t even doing that maintenance anymore.

+ FeistFan on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

I’m really looking forward to this patch. The load times don’t annoy me quite as much as the struggle to finish career mode — call me lame if you want, but I need that easy mode. And my kids need it more than I do — asking a 10-year-old to collect parts by playing through at that crazy difficulty level is just too much. Hopefully this will make the game more accessible to a wider audience (and I got MOST of the challenges done on “hard” mode!).

I’d love to see more of that DLC coming out — I wanted the mouse and the cheese car!

I hope there’s some “time savers pack” to download (yeah, for a fee) at some point that unlocks everything, perhaps even including some of the DLC. My kids are eager to CREATE even more than they’re eager to race. My six-year-old would spend hours creating karts and mods, even though she can’t drive down a straightaway without bouncing off the sides of the track — she’s having a blast, anyway!

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Mouse Trap is on his way, thx for the other suggestions.

+ StealthReborn– on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

Hey Russell, I just have a quick question. I have both the PS3 and PSP versions of Modnation and was told that Im supposed to get a special Mod character because I have both versions. Is this correct? Because when I look in my premium mod section, theres nothing that I don’t already have. Thanks for the help, and good to see the patch is coming Wednesday, cant wait! :)

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Nathan Drake codes

PPDM-QRB9-D55P
    HRLC-A2BD-LMAG
    4862-H8BH-LQP8
    P3DT-2BB6-RLJ6
    QT53-BGBT-4HNF

+ Darig0n on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Any more codes :/?

+ Ztnepres on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

:( the codes are taken so quick

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

I felt like we were pigeons fighting for bread crumbs.
Got the Kratos code. So happy!

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

so fast

+ Lytes on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Man, I wish there were more Ratchet and Clank codes :( Thanks for the update, now I can get creative faster! :D

+ aolix1 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

anymore dlc codes for kratos?

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

WOO GOT NATHAN DRAKE!!!

+ Craazy on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Got me some Drake…..wheeoooaaahhhh!

+ TheAlbraskan on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

And the bottom Drake code is taken. Thanks Russell. ;)

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Kratos codes

FLC9-CNBQ-FHHR
8PL8-Q4B2-7EAQ
GGE2-PEB5-TNFD
Q3TT-BRBT-Q2HG
PMFJ-QNB4-9RA8

+ ROFLdrg on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Aw man, i entered the code, it was like “Nathan Drake ModNation Racers!” I said “yes! i got it!” hit download “an error has occured” /sadface.

Any chance that maybe when these kind of things are done in the future the codes given out can be for multiple downloads instead of just one?

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

omg you guys are soooo fast
i thought i got the bottom one

+ AmbisDR on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

soooo happy tx UFG..russell i want the dlc of Ratchet & Clank please please….tx

ps: luv ps3, modnation rock…..

Ramone Russell's Avatar

HRGQ-FGBN-4AHD
49B2-4MBC-9G6C
EB5K-P7BT-68ND
JT5P-5ABJ-JAA2
HED5-37B5-ALHB

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Got me some Kratos as well!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

i still dont understand what you mean about “GAME ROOM”..you mean the place where you can see all the other riders anc chat alil b4 the race starts..if so..thats not a good idea..those people that complain about the loading times are ruining special features in the game..and are VERY UNPATIENT..i for one had NO PROBLEMS with the load times..i mean who ever thinks that a game with 6 or more CUSTOMIZED RIDERS and a COSTUMIZED TRACK can load in less then 30 secs is CRAZY >:/

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

I’m so stupid. I thought the Nathan Drake codes were Ratchet and Clank codes so I ignored it for a min and realized that it wasn’t what I thought. Now it’s all taken. :(

Oh well, this update made my day. I wish there’s more codes.

+ Mist_Shark on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Russell appears to have a sense of humor about where he puts the codes lol

+ bgardner on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

nice patch thanks

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

im too slow ughhh

+ korchie44 on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

I got Nathan Drake :D Thanks sooo much Ramone :)

…but any word on region lock removal!?

+ papidj1 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

PLEASSE MORE nATHAN CODES!

+ Lytes on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

SOOO CLOSE AGAIN, no RC codes again :(

+ Mitsorougan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

I hope I can get the DLC vouchers, I am only missing Ratchet and Clank. As for the update it sounds nice but the whole load time cut sounds fishy. If taking the online room away from modspot makes is shorter in load, does that mean we don’t get to see anyone in the modspot anymore? Secondly, when will you give the codes out to these commentators?

+ Amodrowsky11 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Nice I had trouble with that particular challenge
(that was the only one I didn’t get).

+ ironbuttchecky on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

it like fighting for the last piece of cake

+ mcswinning on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

It’s not fair…
Most of us are working this time of the day!

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

You can redeem the codes at playstation.com sign in choose account settings, you will then see the Redeem code option in the menus.

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

i can’t even get one fast enough, come on show me some kratos love

+ Ztnepres on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

yep so close. ever since sleeping pass preorder day, ive been regretting it. i wanted the rachet clank so bad.. had 2 in my checkout cart. :’(

+ Craazy on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

@89, you can access the store and enter codes from your web browser…..thats how I got a code!

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

I need Ratchet and Clank codes! LOL
This is somewhat exciting. Fighting for codes.
Got Kratos and Nathan Drake. Thanks for the codes.

+ Orangeninja1092 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

kratos plz…i was soo close

PAGE 1 2 3 4 34