Far Cry 4

ModNation Monday: Title Update 1.02 Releases August 4th, Brings Improvements

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Aug 02, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation_Mondays

This Wednesday, August 4th at 2:00am (Pacific Time), the ModNation Racers Title Update 1.02 goes live improving many of the issues the community has been concerned about. On behalf of UFG, we want to thank everyone for supporting ModNation and being patient as we’ve worked hard to make it the best experience possible. If you didn’t see the patch details on the IGN last Friday, here is a run down:

Update: Title Update 1.02 for ModNation Racers unfortunately introduced an issue that affects online XP Races and XP Series. We’ve identified the cause and are quickly working on a solution to resolve the issue. We intend on updating the ModNation Community on the release of this fix as soon as possible.

Load Time Improvements
While there are still loads, you will see decreases in load times throughout the game.

New “Casual” Difficulty Mode
We’ve added a “casual” difficulty setting in the options screen.

Challenge friends in XP Series
We’ve added the ability to invite your friends to XP Races & Series.

No more “Hot Lap” Cheaters
We fixed a bug that allowed players to cut the track and post unbeatable times in Hot Lap.

Get into Online Races Quicker
Along with improved load times, we’ve removed the online game room from the ModSpot so you can get into the race faster.

Improved Server Stability
We’ve addressed issues to improve intermittent disconnects that players were experiencing.

Three Challenges now more attainable
We wanted to provide you challenges, but didn’t want to sacrifice fun. We found 3 challenges that proved extremely difficult and changed the conditions to complete them. This includes:

• Devastator takedown on Wild Run
  • Devastator takedown on Modobahn
  • Sideswipe 3 opponents on the cliff side on Fracture

The Tin Bucket Unlocked!
Finally this is an item is unlocked and available to everyone by default.

Collector Card Improvement
Now see all player creations in their entirety.

Improvements to ModNation Racers don’t stop here, we are still constantly listening to the community and are committed to making ModNation Racers one of the most enjoyable experiences you’ll have on your PS3.

New features on Community.ModNation.com

We added features to the Community site Community.ModNation.com to make the experience better too, including:

Race Logs
Check out your series and XP race stats here.

See your Favorites
Now view your favorite creators as well as others’ favorite creators.

Search for Friends
Search for other players using the new icon next to login.

Rep Check
Check out you reputation under each creation type.

DLC Voucher Codes giveaway!!

ModNation Racers

Stay tuned, I’ll be giving away some voucher codes for Nathan Drake, Ratchet & Clank, and Kratos DLC in the comments section.

Nukular and Kart available tomorrow!

ModNation Racers: Nukular

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, this week’s DLC is Nukular and Kart is finally available. They can be purchased separately or as a bundle from the PSN.

ModNation Racers: Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Creator: Donor

ModNation Racers: Green Monster Van

Tracks of the Week

Track Name: Arctic GP
Created by: dragon_Bremen

ModNation Racers: Artic GP ModNation Racers: Artic GP 2

dragon_Bremen says: “This track is based on Arctic mountains. It goes from ice-cold seaside to a high mountain peak. From the mountain peak, a big, nasty switchback goes to the finish. Be prepared to have a full action track with mean obstacles and jumps.”

Track Name: New York
Created by: Adie23

ModNation Racers: New York ModNation Racers: New York

ModNation Racers: New York ModNation Racers: New York

Aldie says Inspired by New York, this track has several jumps, traps and sights to see!”

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started week’s ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

• Monday: Mountain Madness by dragon_Bremen
  • Tuesday: Once A Scenic Drive… by StealthReborn–
  • Wednesday: Dawn Patrol, by maverick—07–
  • Thursday: Broken Paradise by lneon_Inoodle
  • Friday: Mystery Track of the Week
  • Saturday: Hurghada Morning by DjTechnics
  • Sunday: Gardens of Deception by ArgorokX

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

1,662 Comments   20 Replies

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 34

+ riclucas on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

@189 Thanks! I’m pretty excited!

+ GoateeSox on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Russell, you are the man for doing this for us. Thanks. I know i haven;t got one yet but this is really cool!

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

@198 mind if I add you on PSN?

+ Ztnepres on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

i see there are plenty here that want drake. i really wanted ratchet.. id trade if i could

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

This is my first time doing this, trying to download codes from the PS blog. It’s actually fun. I bumped into this post via Facebook. LOL

+ rera121989 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

ANY MORE COMING IM WAITING

+ Nader-Abudiix on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

@186 congratz bro i hope you get something here :)

+ riclucas on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

@200 Go ahead, I always want more people to play MNR and LBP with!

+ GoateeSox on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

riclucas, my wife is baby crazy but we jsut got married in May and will be waiting a while. Congrats tho! gotta get some gaming now while you still can!

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

@202 if i get a ratchet ill let you have it. im here for kratos, but trying any of them

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

@ 205 I will after this, gotta leave redeem code screen up to get Ratchet, its the only one I’m missing

+ Ztnepres on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

@ 203 same i check here everyday but fb was what updated me to check again

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

@207 How are you going to let him get it, not trying to be pessismistic, just speaking in reality…

+ Mitsorougan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Sad panda, I don’t think they’re handing out anymore, if so then I guess better luck next time. :/

+ Endy911 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

I just love that feeling when you find out that the code you chose was still valid. I’m starving but I’d rather let my hunger pass than miss another Ratchet and Clank code.

I feel like I’m commenting too much, but I have nothing to do other than break my mouse from pressing the refresh button.

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

i meant if my code works before you dl it you can keep the code

+ rera121989 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

DAM THAT WAS INTENSE. I WANT TO GET AT LEAST ONE

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

but you can check it to see if it is valid first

+ flatout178 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Did Russell stop giving them out already? D:
Or is he getting some more? :3

+ Orangeninja1092 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

drake drake drake give me a drake please

+ Mag1z on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

This is great news! I’d love a Kratos or Nathan Drake DLC code! I been having so much fun with this game and can’t wait for this update!

+ Nader-Abudiix on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

hey russell whats up are your pockets empty ? no more codes lol

+ rera121989 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

He should hand out like 100 codes because we are like 200 on this page

+ Mitsorougan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

@214 The problem with that is that it’s all been picked clean by everyone else by the time you get to each and every code.

@215 As much as it pains me to say it, I think it’s over… :(

+ Hunter_xx_ on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

at least say that no more codes so I can stop staring at this page while hitting F5 lol

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

I HOPE THERE NOT EMPTY NEED THEM, WELL 2 OF THEM

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

maybe he has to generate them or something?

+ Orangeninja1092 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

more drake codes please

+ flatout178 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Maybe he’s getting a whole batch, I would be so happy if he posted 100 codes for each DLC :D

+ rera121989 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

put all 3 different mod’s codes in one post so we can choose and have an equal chance of getting one

+ Nader-Abudiix on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

@219 i think we are more then 200 lol XD even people that dont have the game are here lol

+ freakyzeeky on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

I’d be happy if it was one code for each mod that can be redeemed 1,000 times, lol

+ gillyallan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

I know its too late for this patch but PLEASE think about having a friends leaderboard for the hot lap of the day. If its now directly on the console then what about on the website. Love Hotlap but its a pain comparing all my friends scores out of the game. Patch 1.03 maybe ???

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

they should have had a code generator when you sign in, like for the air raid one, and just leave it open for a limited time,.

+ McMurphy78 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

These are great improvements! You have addressed all my concerns. Do you know if the region-lock lift is still on the table as a possible feature update as well?

+ gamergrl22 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

@230 agreed

+ radman123 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

i think its done

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Any chance of bringing back Air Raid? I got the game after the promotion was over… :(

+ Hooligantuan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

I agree.

Set up a generator, announce when it’s live for five, ten minutes.

+ irj0k3r on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

some playstation plus exclusive modnation dlc would be nice :)

+ onextreeme on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

All gone in just about 3 hours?

Seriously how about giving us that bought game release day some support! I didnt even get a chance at these. These should have been I dont know posted on the forums, or you guys could have some reserved or something.

No codes work so dont bother now. How many were there to be gone that fast? Uh frustration. Oh well off to play something else (MODnation is not a game I wnt to play right now).

+ Nader-Abudiix on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

hmm your generator is old lool takes 10mins to do 1 code

+ BIVIC2 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

somebodys pissed!!! lol

+ mJ_mSv on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

Will finally start playing it again, been waiting for this update for long!, I hope you will keep me going with many nice addons in future, something I especially want is:
-”Story” addon, with more trophies !
-”scenery” addon, anything! :), but something I miss is the ability to make loops on the track, and add some lightning effects, alike you place a light source to light up areas!
-great you did fix the xp earning so it would be faster, but what about the share xp earning, will it be fixed aswell?
(when other people remix you’re creation you was supposed to get some xp for it aswell, or am I mistaken?, as now it prevent people to make the creations remixable, but everyone would surely do it if they get xp for it aswell!
-And finally, looking forward to Modnation Racers 2! :)

+ badnewsliar on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

hey drumline i sent you a message on psn.

+ Hooligantuan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Like 5 per, hahaha.

Woo.

Let’s keep hitting the browser Refresh and they won’t post anything new. :D

+ Ed243 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

At least say if its over i gotta take a bath

+ Hunter_xx_ on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

lulz, I can’t stay here anymore, have to go with my little nephew to the kindergarden

+ Hooligantuan on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Yeah, you do.

+ NHDrumline17 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

please lets do some more! I just need ratchet!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 34