No Man's Sky

NEW Madden NFL 11 PSP Bundle

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Aug 02, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hey Everyone! It’s coming up on my favorite time of year…football season. Training camps are in full effect and I’m ready for my S.F. Niners to make another run at the playoffs – hopefully my fantasy team will too. Another great thing about pre-season is knowing there’s a new Madden NFL 11 available. We know many of you wait all year for the next iteration in this awesome franchise, so in preparation for the coming season, we’ve partnered with EA to offer a Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle so you can take the gridiron with you on the go.

Madden NFL 11 PSP Bundle

Available starting August 10, the Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle includes a Black PSP-3000 system and the Madden NFL 11 UMD game for $169.99 at most major retailers. Yes, $169.99. As most of you already know, Madden NFL 11 redefines the way you experience the game. From the all-new GameFlow system, which puts you in the helmet of an NFL quarterback to execute an authentic, situational game plan, one play at a time; a new playcall system, which reduces the 60 minute game times to as little as 30 minutes; 3-on-3 Online Team Play; Madden NFL Ultimate Team; play-by-play recaps from one of the most exciting voice in sports, Gus Johnson; and more, Madden NFL 11 is even more feature-rich and immersive than ever. Come August 10, the Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle will bring fans an incredible value from the handheld platform with the richest, deepest gaming experiences.

We’re seeing great momentum on the PSP front and for those of you looking for some new advice from Kevin Butler’s favorite protégé, your wait will soon be over. Marcus Rivers is really making his mark on PSP and we’ll have some great new videos and TV spots coming soon. In the mean time, for more of Marcus’ latest uploads, visit http://www.youtube.com/user/marcuspsp.

Boom! Let’s make Mr. John Earl Madden proud – don’t forget your Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle and start stepping your game up….I know Marcus already is.

40 Comments

+ mixedkidbx on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

my BLUE madden psp from last year is better

+ CDubyahS on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:07 am said:

CAVEAT EMPTOR- THERE IS NO AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH JOHN MADDEN!

I wonder why the product bears his name??!?!??!?

+ Ibrahack on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

yeah the blue from last year is sexier!

+ PullusPardusUS on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

Just plain black? Sony you guys need some COLORS!!

+ CrimsonPaw on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:55 am said:

Hmmmm, I wonder if this is an indication of a price drop; core system with brand new release for the same price of the core. I’m not a Madden fan, but I am a PSP fan and need a new system since my car seat decided to crack my PSP 1001’s screen earlier this year (yes, the seat was reprimanded). I wouldn’t mind getting a Go if it wasn’t so damn expensive.

+ Frejim on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

We need colors!!!! and memory!!!!

+ Lord_Orpheo on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

I’m a bit surprised there’s no color augmentation. It would’ve been a lot cooler has Sony made the PSP in this bundle brown and make it look textured like a real football. Missed opportunity but maybe the cost of producing something like that was too much.

+ CDubyahS on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:59 am said:

@7 the game itself is worthless. they should throw in a pigskin model.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Madden is GARBAGE. Please bring Backbreaker to the PSP! I’d buy that up with the quickness.

+ Jeigh on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

In before the Marcus haters. Oh, and I’ll wait for a God of War bundle if I need to buy new.

+ evildude683 on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

Black PSP, why not a yellow one like the ones they have in Japan?

+ Mosh_Pit on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

Lame.

+ gus_xl on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

Can we do the Metal Gear Big Boss Bundle again? Please?

+ AmericanNinja1 on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

Still no PSP Go Bundles…

+ joaryche on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

why not a blue 3000 model? or a voucher to skin the psp with your favorite team logos?

+ Train1999 on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

I already have a bundle from Madden NFL 09 with in my eyes was better and it had a little movie to boot. I already pre-ordered my PS3 verison of the game. So there therefore one week from today it’s Game On!!!

EA Sports it’s in the game!!!

+ Shinmigami on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

I am wondering at the psp go myself.

+ RandySore on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:01 am said:

Just black. Come on, you guys why not some unorthodox color. the Madden 09 bundle was the best “Blue PSP”.

+ ProjectInfiniti on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

1. Needs to be a color that ISN’T out in the states.

2. Dammit show more support for the Go by offering bundles like this or admit that you guys failed it!

3. It’s the same football game that’s been out for years & years!

+ RandySore on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:27 am said:

One more question. the PSP Cover seems a little changed. Uhh! I dare to say there is something fishy about this. like some more PSN support for the PSP. or you guys have not make up your mind about art cover designs.

+ TwinDad on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Bundles Fail.

Seems like you try this gimmick every 2-3 months.

+ Nathaneal16 on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

when are you guys gonna release a game with the PSP Go? next year do that and make the Go color blue. i’d definitely buy that.

+ SpiritThief on August 2nd, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

Why no PSPgo bundles??

Finally going to a PSP with the go but there’s been no support for it. So I haven’t got any PSP yet.

Not even for MGS. Whats up with that? Do you not want me to get one?

+ CDubyahS on August 2nd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

psp GO = PSP BLOWZ

+ dimaguire on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

psp go= freaking awsome

+ ProjectInfiniti on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

PSP Go = rich owner’s device

Gotta love the broke haters who want to be part of the scene.

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 2nd, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Madden 06 version 5

+ tj5678 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

Sony,

I really enjoy my psp, but it’s very disheartening to see special edition psp slim models with no accompaning psp go model. I have both a slim and go unit, of the two I prefer the go unit (hard drive, minimal load times, no need to carry additional games, better buttons and analog stick) but the support for it is poor. Having no special edition go units emphisizes how Sony views go users as second rate costumers. A blue or pigskin go unit may have sold like hotcakes, a green or camo (MGS Peacewalker) would have even been better. Thanks for reading.

+ tj5678 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

Sony/ John Koller,

Any chance of a 32 gb m2 card for my go system? My go’s HD and 16 gb card is full and my psn game library is in some serious need of additional space. Most of the premium psp titles are a gb or better; the 32 gb max doesn’t go to far. Thanks for reading.

+ polo155 on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

@30 i agree. i have over 31 games and like 10 movies and shows on my go and i have like almost 2gb left :(

+ SteeliestGuzman on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

this doesnt concern me at all i have psp camoflauge and its better than colors lol

+ crowsticky1234 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Don’t get it why Sony don’t support the PSPgo. All the bundles are all based on PSP, but all the PSPgo owners is 3 free games,ok, how about making bundles. A PSPgo included and a free voucher code of the selected game of the bundle and that’s it.

+ djnabc on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Man its just a psp 3000. Yall should have changed the color or make a madden psp go.

+ halofreak64 on August 2nd, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

lame madden 11 psp bundle and madden 11 ps3 bundle both with now new colors

+ oBlossom92o on August 2nd, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

wait, does the psp version have 3v3 online? either i’ll prolly get this since i’ve never owned a psp and want one.

+ jacob-813 on August 2nd, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

I might finally get a new psp now. My bday is 3 days after this comes out so I won’t have to use a broken one anymore. Yea!!! I would like it better with different colors though. Oh well

+ phade2blaq on August 3rd, 2010 at 3:26 am said:

Step ua game up ! LOL ! I love this Marcus kid !

+ pto95 on August 4th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

There should be the same for the ps3 but with some design on it like halo reach for the xbox

+ SUPERGAMER247 on August 7th, 2010 at 9:03 pm said: