PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Network Summer Sale: Fat Princess, PixelJunk, Chinatown Wars and More

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Aug 02, 2010 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Escape the heat, humidity and sunburns of summer with an equally sizzling PlayStation Network Summer Sale. Enjoy great gaming with big discounts on your favorite PS3 and PSP titles and new to this limited-time event – minis are on sale! Now you can download minis such as Tetris, Bloons, Dracula Undead Awakenings, Monsters Probably Stole My Princess, and Zombie Tycoon at discounted Summer Sale prices. Offer starts on 8/3 with normal Store publish.

PlayStation Store: Summer Sale 2010

When temperatures soar, you know it’s time to cool off and play some fun games. So, avoid the dog days of summer with titles that will entertain you all summer long. From PS3 titles like Fat Princess and PixelJunk Shooter to PSP games like Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and lots of entertaining minis, get ’em at our lowest prices during the PSN Summer Sale. Don’t miss out on the season’s biggest event!

PS3

Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
PixelJunk Shooter – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Groovin’ Blocks – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Madden NFL Arcade – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Wakeboarding HD – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.

PSP

The Eye of Judgment Legends – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
echoshift – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Patchwork Heroes – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.

minis

Tetris – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Dracula Undead Awakenings – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Monsters Probably Stole My Princess – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Zombie Tycoon – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Bloons – $1.49 sale; $2.99 reg.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Kchow23 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

will more games be added to the summer sale every week?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

No, offers are for (1) week only and start tomorrow 8/3 with the regular Store publish.

+ Johnmark on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

great price drops are always nice, but why on monday?

+ Anddo on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Some good deals there.. Tetris and Echoshift are mine!

+ gettinmoney662 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Oh wow, nice PSP sales, I might have to go get GTA: Chinatown and Lunar Silver Star. It just so happens that K Mart is having a deal on PSN cards too.

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Im stuck, I only have 4$ on my account any sugestions >.<

+ Korbei83 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

That’s a good deal on Chinatown Wars (and I would recommend it.)

I may pick up Tetris myself and maybe something else from the PSP list.

I love a deal.

+ mixedkidbx on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

hmmm i think i’ll pick up Fat Princess since it’s half off. I did wanna get that game, was just waiting for a sale. was hoping it would go to $5 but $7.50 is do-able.

+ APVangeliLHS on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Mmmm, some good PSP deals. I may pick up GTA.

+ Sindred on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Patchwork Heroes = mine.

+ DrBingogh on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

PixelJunk Shooter for $5 is a steal. Awesome game!

+ SpyDudeFX on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Good sale, are Plus subscribers getting even more discounts? $7.50 is great for FP and $4.99 for Shooter too. Two great PSN exclusives.

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

PS+ subscribers will see an additional discount on Wakeboarding HD.

+ DZORMAGEN on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

Fat Princess is a GREAT DEAL, I already have it, and still play it till this day. I bought it day one when it came out last year!

Monster (Probably) Stole My Princess is also a great buy!

Shooter should be FREE for Plus Members by now! That is the game I want, since I have not bought it yet. Make it happen Sony!

+ depward on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Everyone needs to buy:

1) Eye of Judgment Legends. An AWESOME CCG, the best I’ve played, in fact. It takes the PS3 EoJ and addresses all of the issues: no physical cards, story mode, great artwork AND online infrastructure play.

2) Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess. My favorite Mini title. So great, funny, and replayability.

3) Patchwork Heroes. Quirky as hell game and super fun. For $5, which several Minis go for, this is a no brainer.

+ FunkyTable on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

YES!!! I have been waiting for Fat Princess to go on sale FOREVER! I worried that Sony would no longer give non-plus members great deals. I am very happy to see that won’t be the case.

AWESOME!

+ TorgoTime on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

I. Want. Everything!

+ jvasq on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

damn you!!! i dont have a lot of money right now….ugh….fine ill buy lunar star…..i hate you…

+ whatisdelicious on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Sony, you’re learning well. Make sales a big event, not just something you tack onto the top of a regular PSN update. Half off is great, but learn from Valve too. They slash prices dramatically all the time. Spurs sales by a lot.

But again, this is great. Keep it up; don’t be afraid to do this more often. People like sales.

+ sepijooon on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

great deals , fat princess and pixeljunk shooter are great deal
i have both of them but those people who don’t have this game should consider it

how about psn+ users do we get anything special

+ KazeEternal on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Great deals, to bad I own most of them. But this is just the thing to finally get me to budge on buying Lunar for PSP.

When do these sales start btw?

+ xjordan93 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

wow these are great.ant wait picking up either fat princess or tetris and pixel junk…

+ ynp7 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Sweet price for Lunar Silver Star Harmony. If you haven’t played it pick it up, it’s great.

+ KiLLaNoiZ_P on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

getting fat princess for sure great sales will this be adding new games each week on sale

+ ProjectInfiniti on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

Ugh! I JUST bought Monsters Stole My Princess yesterday! I’m SO glad I didn’t buy GTA Chinatown at the same time!

I’ll definitely get that along with Earthworm Jim tomorrow, and (hopefully) Crash Team Racing if it gets put on the store finally.

+ Christian399 on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Where are the full game downloads? As in non-PSN/ DL games. I bought InFamous, Siren, Warhawk, Record of the Agarest War already. I know that I’m not alone in my like for digital releases, so let’s get the ball rolling please! :)

+ TwinDad on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

Considering Double dipping on Lunar to avoid the bad experience that we will name “UMD”.

Interested in Fat Princess. and the Princess Mini. But I think I will wait it out to see if PS+ will provide for free.

PS. Anybody remotely interested in Patchwork Hero or Pixel Junk Shooter, must purchase them.

+ sonofterry on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

When will Tetris be compatible with the PS3?

+ anotherdae on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Fat Pricess for PS Plus members! Make it so.

+ The1stMJC on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Damn it I’m broke this week, but screw it I will be picking up tetris and Chinatown wars

+ purplestream on August 2nd, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

are the prices going to be updated tomorrow?

+ Jeigh on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

Wait a sec… I didn’t know Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess had released! I remembered hearing about it awhile back, but I didn’t know it was out… Might be time to grab it.

+ GordoJones88 on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Can you please put Shatter on sale sometime soon. Thanks.

+ J-DOG15390 on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Can some of the realy old ps1 games be free.

+ Sir_Vague on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Is Zombie Tycoon compatible with PS3?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Yes it is.

+ gor1llap1mp on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Where’s castle crashers!?

+ mariosmaker on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

@ 33
It is not, I already made that mistake. (Man I wish I had a PSP)

Definitely gonna get Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess.

+ SpyDudeFX on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Oh yeah are we getting LBP full retail download tomorrow like EU is?

+ krae_man on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Shatter on sale? What are you nuts? It’s totally worth $8.

Anyway Jeanne D’Arc on sale please. You should probably also drop the price of Locoroco, $22.99 when the sequel is $8 makes no sense.

Overall You’re doing way better with the sales then when PSN first started(One Game on sale a week for 4 weeks in spring and fall and that’s it), but you still have tons of work to do.

Seriously just rip off Steam, revenue generation will go through the roof.

+ Lord_Rinja on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

Fat Princess for $7.49! Awesome. Sold.

+ sNsKid on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I bet Thrasher20 is going to pick up PixelJunk Shooter this week. lol

+ DiscoJer on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

Wow, GTA:Chinatown has gone from being 5x the price on the iPhone to only twice the price.

You really need to enforce some sort of pricing parity – part of what is hurting the PSP (and will hurt any potential successor) is the same exact games being on the iPhone for only a small fraction of the price they are on the PSP.

PSP owners aren’t rich, you know.

+ megamixer on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

“Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99″

I already own the UMD version of this game but at that price I can’t resist buying it in digital form! My Lunar fandom demands it of me :o

Now get Game Arts in gear regarding getting Lunar 2 remake on PSP! Oh and work with Vic Ireland to bring the Lunar 1 & 2 PSOne classics to the PSN store please! I’d (re)-buy ‘em up an instant!

+ colstripcapn on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

I’m interested in Lunar. You really need more Turn-Based RPGs. It’s a genre that isn’t being produced anymore, but there are buyers out there doing nothing but asking for them. If you build it, they will buy it.

+ awsome_robot on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Great job as always Ro! I hope to see your replies tomorrow for the store update blog. (If you don’t reply, nobody else will).

+ Mobstylez on August 2nd, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

These are some really good deals.

+ gameboy36 on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Not bad. Until when will these last?

Ro Hernandez's Avatar

+ Ro Hernandez on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Offers good through Mon., 8/9.

+ zxrayz on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

I would pick up WakeBoard and Tetris for these prices, but….. with the current firmware update screwing up so many machines I am not about to update and therefore no PS Store. Oh well.

+ Jvolel on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

So the sale starts on monday the 9th?

+ robertmc8 on August 2nd, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Can people learn to read fully? Offers good through Monday, August 9, 2010 for US & CA stores and open to all PlayStation Network users. All ready got most top 3 :). But thanks for sale anyway.

PAGE 1 2 3