PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Summer Sale: Fat Princess, PixelJunk, Chinatown Wars and More

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Aug 02, 2010 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

Escape the heat, humidity and sunburns of summer with an equally sizzling PlayStation Network Summer Sale. Enjoy great gaming with big discounts on your favorite PS3 and PSP titles and new to this limited-time event – minis are on sale! Now you can download minis such as Tetris, Bloons, Dracula Undead Awakenings, Monsters Probably Stole My Princess, and Zombie Tycoon at discounted Summer Sale prices. Offer starts on 8/3 with normal Store publish.

PlayStation Store: Summer Sale 2010

When temperatures soar, you know it’s time to cool off and play some fun games. So, avoid the dog days of summer with titles that will entertain you all summer long. From PS3 titles like Fat Princess and PixelJunk Shooter to PSP games like Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars and lots of entertaining minis, get ’em at our lowest prices during the PSN Summer Sale. Don’t miss out on the season’s biggest event!

Offers good through Monday, August 9, 2010 for US & CA stores and open to all PlayStation Network users.

PS3

Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
PixelJunk Shooter – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Groovin’ Blocks – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Madden NFL Arcade – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Wakeboarding HD – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.

PSP

The Eye of Judgment Legends – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
echoshift – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.
Patchwork Heroes – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.
Lunar Silver Star Harmony – $14.99 sale; $29.99 reg.

minis

Tetris – $4.99 sale; $9.99 reg.
Dracula Undead Awakenings – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Monsters Probably Stole My Princess – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Zombie Tycoon – $2.49 sale; $4.99 reg.
Bloons – $1.49 sale; $2.99 reg.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ dragon_night on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

please put a sale or permanent discount on the resistance 2 aftermath map pack…..or make it randomly free like the first games dlc

+ dragon_night on August 2nd, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

i finally wanna pick it up ..not just ps + only sales

+ Thrasher20 on August 3rd, 2010 at 12:14 am said:

PJS here I come.

+ Pathologus on August 3rd, 2010 at 12:23 am said:

valid for Europe, too?
prices? thx :)

+ oBlossom92o on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:18 am said:

thnx for including non ps+ members in this sale. i’ll prolly get Fat Princess.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:52 am said:

Nice summer sale! Looking into Fat Princess.

+ Gewaw-Magax on August 3rd, 2010 at 4:21 am said:

I want Braid for 7 bucks

+ Frostquake on August 3rd, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

Thank You Very Much for this Sale!! I have been waiting a very long time for these items to go on sale. Will pick up a PSN card today at Best Buy and plan to buy several items tonight.

Once Again thank you very much!

psn:frostquake

+ UGH_Gokou on August 3rd, 2010 at 5:47 am said:

I just bought MONSTERS (PROBABLY) STOLE MY PRINCESS… and it cost me the PRICE TAGGED… what happend with the SALE PRICE???? Can you tell me why I didnt get the SALE PRICE?

+ ViolentPhlegm on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

@ UGH_Gokou: The sale doesn’t start until the store publish which is usually around 5pm Paciific time. You pay whatever the ticket price is when you make your purchase. Try calling Sony and say that you bought the game thinking that you were going to get a discount because you thought the sale started at midnight or something. Not sure it will work, though.

+ UGH_Gokou on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

@ ViolentPhlegm : Thx… I thought that it will automatic made the discount when you paid for the game… :P , by the way I´m from Mexico, sorry if my english have a few mistakes.
I ´ll wait until night to see if the prices changed to the SALE price.
THX

+ akaKEYSERSOZE on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Great price for Lunar, I bought it for full price best game I have on my Psp Go,I would love to see the PSOne games on PSN.

+ rjejr on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

I don’t know if it’s been edited or not since publish but the article lists both when the sale starts: Offer starts on 8/3 with normal Store publish. and when it ends: Offers good through Monday, August 9, 2010

Of course it would still be nice if “normal store publish” could get a time. Any time at all would do. (Note to Sony: since the store almost never updates before 7PM EST pick that.)

Oh, and to commiserate with those who have missed sales in the past, I went to download Wipeout HD last night for free with my PS+ subscription but apparently that was first month only. Seems to me if Sony is going to sell a year long subscription and advertise what games are available then those games should, I don’t know, be available. I’m sure it would be simple for the system to check when someone signed up to see what they are eligible to receive. Well at least now I know and will download everything first night – and chew up Sony’s servers – whether I want something or not.

+ sapient2007 on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

I would like to take advantage of this sale however, I am out of the country without my PSP or PS3. I tried using the Media Go software but I do not see the new prices reflected there. Is there another way to buy these games?

+ Velzorn on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

Everyone interested in Fat Princess should definitely jump aboard with this sale! It’s a great online game, tons of fun. Even if you buy the new DLC ($4.99) that adds Pirates, Ninjas and Giants it’s only $12.48. Worth every penny. There’s rumors of another DLC being released this fall (Can you say zombies!).

Hope to see more sales. It would be great to see Braid, Flower or Savage Moon on sale.

+ waldowalso on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Crap, and I just downloaded Eye of Judgement Legends last night..oh well, not the first time I’ve been burned with this hobby…

+ ElektroDragon on August 3rd, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Gah! I logged on to buy Shooter and Groovin and they are still full price. Can’t you lazy people push out the Store updates early in the morning? Or at least, noon? ;)

+ fane1024 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

I was hoping Fat Princess would be the next free game for Plus members, but this is even better, because I don’t have to spend $50 to get it.

I’d rather buy things a la carte anyway.

Keep up the sales for non-Plus members and I won’t ever have to subscribe. ;)

+ fane1024 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

@Velzorn

All three of those games have already been on sale at half their normal price (that’s when I got them).

p.s. Sorry for the double post.

+ CrazedWarVet on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Um, is there a special link to follow for Pixel Junk Shooter? The Store is still showing it at regular price: $9.99. I was waiting for it to come down in price and $5 is perfect. But the store is apparently not on the same sheet of music as the blog.

+ Velzorn on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

@fane1024

I figured that. Just don’t see why it can’t happen again for newcomers or people that missed out like me.

+ wootbeers on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

I’ve been holding off on buying Fat Princess and I’m glad I did! Just bought it now. =)

+ andre_leite on August 5th, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

Hi everyone!

What it means Fat Princess – $7.49 sale; $14.99 reg.?

What is reg.?

Sorry, but I need help…

Thanks!

+ DragonSpirit76 on August 5th, 2010 at 9:07 pm said:

is there a way to find out whats going to be on sale next week?

+ HAL4WWE on August 7th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

The PSN store is listing Bloons at $1.99 while here, it says that the sale price is $1.49. What is the correct price supposed to be?

PAGE 1 2 3