PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Coming Next Week to PlayStation Plus: Red Faction Guerrilla Game Trial and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 03, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone! Just a quick message for the PlayStation Plus members out there. We are moving to a bi-weekly publish of PlayStation Plus content, so the next update for free, exclusive and discounted items on PlayStation Store will be Tuesday 8/10. Here’s a peek into some of the items that will be included in next week’s update. Also, this will be the last week that some of the free and discounted items will be available, so if you haven’t downloaded Fieldrunners or purchased some of the games and add-ons that are discounted for PlayStation Plus members, do so before next Tuesday.

Red Faction Guerilla for PS3: PlayStation Plus game trial

As a reminder for everyone else, there’s a special limited time introductory offer on PlayStation Plus: Get three additional bonus months of PlayStation Plus if you buy a 1-year package for $49.99. Check out the PlayStation Plus category on PlayStation Store.

PlayStation Plus: Highlights for 8/10

Red Faction Guerrilla from THQ – 60-minute Game Trial
Qore August Episode with exclusive demo of TerRover from SOE
PixelJunk Racers Second Lap – Early Access and Limited Time Discount exclusive
Aero Racer mini – FREE

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down 8/10:

Games
Fieldrunners – mini – FREE
Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted Add-ons
Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
King Zumo
MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video
Qore – July Episode

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ mao2107 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

well i downloaded everything i needed so far

+ DZORMAGEN on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Next week? What happened to this week? What are we getting this week? Also stop with these trials, I can do trails at EB Games (buy game used, and if I don’t like it return for full refund).

+ purplestream on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

wow some old stuff again. just to let everyone know. red faction sucks.

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Wish we could get that Demon’s Souls dynamic theme…

+ Trixzter7 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Boo.
I’ve been waiting all day to know what PS+ members were going to get and now you tell us it comes out next week!
WTF

+ The_Claw on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

is this seriously all ps plus is going to be? trials of old games? old psn titles? mediocre minis? discounts off old games? i got 15 months for 50 bucks….start giving us more recent titles or i wont be renewing my subscription.

+ Johnmark on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

so how much is red faction going to be, and why are you moving to bi weekly

+ b_HoB on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

What’s the reason for the change? Also, wasn’t there supposed to be a bigger ‘free game’ the beginning of each month (ie. Wipeout HD)? This is kinda disappointing.

+ bushisprez on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Red faction guerilla sucks

+ SPOOKULA209 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

tough crowd lol

+ kennyamr on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

BI-MONTHLY… not BI-WEEKLY!

+ purplestream on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

you can get red faction $10 used. lol

+ HeLLeVeN11 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Bi-weekly publish???

Ah come on!!!

+ Trixzter7 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Also why can’t we get a poll kinda like the eu.blog where we tell you what we want to have.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

You can use PlayStation Blog Share.

+ emiru69 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Red Factions is one of the best open world games I ever played but it’s quite old now, same with Super Stardust and Gravity Crash. Not really interesting stuff. What about next time having a less than a year old game/dlc ?

+ ElektroDragon on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Wait, you expect me to sign up for Playstation Plus when you are TAKING DOWN previous Plus offers?! I thought it would be cumulative. This is ridiculous. I was waiting to get Plus until a proper catalog of discounts/freebies existed for it. Now it seems that Catalog will only span 1 month. Pathetic, I am never getting Plus now.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

Some content and discounts are in Plus indefinitely. (Check out the deals on Midway games or PSN games/add-ons from TikGames-Creat Studios). Free games, PSone classics, minis and other limited time offer deals will rotate in and out.

+ Xulap on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Wait, so we won’t be getting anything for free on today’s store update? Not even a theme or avatar? :(

+ Sarno1605 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

this is for next week people! don’t worry the store will still update today and I’m sure their will be something NEW for PS+ members. Chill out people.

+ mywhitenoise on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

What is the point of PS+? You say this is geared to hardcore gamers…but hardcore gamers already own all the games you’re discounting.

It’s kind of a rip-off, and I hate how members have a “+” next to their username. I wouldnt want people knowing I wasted $50 on that service.
I was going to subscribe, but I think Im better off using that money on DLC the day it comes out, instead of waiting months for it to be discounted.

+ Pratypus on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

I wish we had Qore in the mexican PSN not having it is teh only reason stoping me from getting Plus, I feel we are not getting half the content we should (I say this because of Qore’s price)

+ Xulap on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

@ElektroDragon:

What did you expect? You wanted to subscribe late and get what we early subscribers got for free, and still keep getting stuff months after our subscription ends? Smart-[DELETED].

Of course you won’t be getting the stuff for a month that you weren’t subscribed for.

+ Midgetguy on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

I think the post should be made a little more clear, we have people concerned about when PS+ will update again, and how often, could we have a post that’s a little more clear?

I’m a little confused now to be honest…

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

New content will be added to PlayStation Plus every other week. There will still be instances when a special auto downloaded demo or other exclusive content that might align outside of publish days, but in general, Plus will be updated bi-weekly.

+ JetSetFuture on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Looking forward to the early access to PixelJunk Racers Second Lap, as well as the TerRover demo that comes with the August Qore.

+ V_Ben on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Wow. I wish I could get these deals in the UK :(

+ DrApollo on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Wow!…this is seriously lame…50$ and this is the thanks we get. I definitely will not be signing up for P+ if there are not some changes. Hopefully new game discounts like the Scott Pilgrim one. Most everything that’s offered for free or discount is stuff that is way old. Read these boards Sony…make some changes. P+ right now is a complete robbery.

+ mywhitenoise on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

@21 Midgetguy

It says it pretty clear in the blog. The Plus updates are going to be rolled out every other week (bi-weekly). This week there will be NO content, next week there will be, the week after that there wont be, the week following that there will be…get it?

+ Gnordy on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

I like idea of the 1 hour demo, but I assumed this would be for newer games. Just to clarify, will the demo program always highlight older games (ie infamous and Red Faction) or will it eventually include recent/new games?

+ xKOROSHIYAx on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

I don’t mean to bash here, but I have yet to see any value in PS+. Making people pay a subscription fee for discounts on old games makes PS+ look like nothing more than a glorified coupon club. In my case, I have all the PSN titles I already wanted. Where are the new features? Look at your competition and see what they offer their paying customers, then look at what Sony offers. In comparison, it just doesn’t even come close.

Until PS+ offers more, I am staying far away. I am actually surprised anyone has subscribed to it as of now to be brutally honest. Again, I don’t mean to bring the hate, just letting you guys at Sony know that a lot of us are holding out until we see a lot more value in the service.

+ SnwBuni on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Not happy. First I buy PS+ within the first month and you don’t let me have Wipeout HD for free because you removed it and didn’t tell anyone, now you go lax on updates. Not going to recommend to anyone. As a few others have stated, where is the bigger ‘free game’. You take out Wipeout HD and replace it with nothing other then a few cheep games and minis. Just really not impressed. Still bitter because I bought PS+ for Wipeout HD before the month was over and support does nothing to help. Ridiculous.

+ bball230 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Biweekly?? Playstation Plus needs to go forward, not backward. it is already very far behind. Add some new PSN features to PSN plus, auto downloads was a start, what else??

ugh, i will shut up if sony just brings cross game chat. My heart is getting tired.

+ ProfessorTripp on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

@ Midgetguy

Seems pretty clear to me: “…the next update for free, exclusive and discounted items on PlayStation Store will be Tuesday 8/10.”

+ anotherdae on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Not pyched

+ burnedearth on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

This game is AWFUL!!! Don’t buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasted $50 on this crap last year. Tell everyone you know to STAY AWAY from this game!!!

+ Hitman-Merc on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

haha you noobs got ripped off thats sony ps3 for you bunch of garbage old junk for discounted values playstation has turned into Wiistation3 a copy of Wii thats real garbage

+ SyphonFusion on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

The only good Red Faction game was the very first Red Faction for PS2 lol

+ Sarno1605 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

@26….Then why have I gotten stuff EVERY week so far? Hmmmm?

+ darth_soul on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

The “bigger” free game this month is “Critter Crunch.” It’s one PS3 game, at least one PS1 Classic, and one or two Minis each month. Critter Crunch is the PS3 game this month. Not every PS3 game is going to be a “Wipeout HD” because, frankly, the downloadable library of PS3-only games is a REALLY mixed bag.

For those concerned about items disappearing from the PS+ section of the store: They told us this up-front before anyone subscribed. That’s why they informed us that anything we downloaded through PS+ for free would be in our downloads folder, so that we could still access content that was free during our subscription, AFTER it has been removed from the PS+ storefront when its free month ended. If you are concerned about it, just do what I do: download whatever free stuff you haven’t downloaded yet, then just delete it. It will stay in your downloads history for access later if you so desire, as long as you have the subscription.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Grace Chen on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Thanks for the recap. Critter Crunch is a personal favorite of mine, btw.

+ darth_soul on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

As for updates every two weeks, rather than every week: Keep in mind that two of the weeks of Month 1 had almost nothing for PS+ subscribers, while the other two were more chock-full. This gives you two even more full weeks and avoids lackluster weeks where people will just complain like they did last month.

As for getting no value from PS+ yet, I’ve been tracking this (as an Economics teacher, as it would make an interesting case study on value vs. perceived value).

From the day PS+ launched, here are our actual stats:

Free Games (active subscription required): $65.43

Free DLC (active subscription required): $30.91

Avatars and Themes: $16.87 (approximate, since one was free with no paid equivalent on the store)

Discounts: $54.88

Video (Qore): $2.99

Other: 1 hour trial of InFamous; limited trial for some users for Hulu Plus; one week of early demo play for Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days; option to purchase Super Street Fighter IV 35-avatar bundle.

In other words, the total value thus far for PS+, if you take advantage of EVERYTHING has been . . .

$171.08.

+ stlthriot on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

Awww, bi-weekly… I enjoyed seeing little new nuggets of PSN+ items each week.

+ poweredbyzen on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:49 am said:

LOVE FREE STUFF! IT’S GOOD TO BE A PLAYSTATION PLUS SUBSCRIBER!

+ anotherdae on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

Wait, they took out WipEout HD? That was the main reason to get Plus! (so far)

+ PA_Kid on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

My god we yanks are a whiney bunch.

On the other side of the atlantic they get a single update a month with less stuff and everyone is still complaining.

We’ve already gotten critter crunch, kahoots, and syphon filter this “month” and next week we’ll get our trial, other mini, qore, and an early access/dicount opportunity. That pretty much covers the bare minimum they promised. And note the blog say “highlights” for 8/10. Pretty safe bet that they aren’t listing the dicounts for next week if nothing else.

Elektrodragon – if you aren’t a member the month the stuff is offered, you lose out. I will have wipeout on my download list forever and can play it as long as I’m a plus member but its not like you can sign up a year later and expect to get a years worth of content plus all the stuff you missed that the rest of us paid for access to.

+ kingpogo on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

wow how lame skippin a week meaning we only getting 3 weeks worth of content when it should of been 4 weeks sony does it againg

+ HelghastDancer on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

This is why I paid $50?
C’on Sony, do something good for PSN+ subscribers.
Everyone that I know that bought the service isn’t happy about it.
No one cares about full game trial.
We want more exclusive content for us, but not play old game witch there are a demo ages a go.

+ Sarno1605 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Thank you darth_soul. Seriously! at least someone gets it! :-)

+ MattyPHATty on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

I agree with everyone else, plus seems to already be taking a step back. Sad. Also, Grace, do you respond to anything, ever?

+ VincentVendetta on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

Who cares about discounts and Red Faction, PixelJunk Racers Second Lap is coming! Now THAT is some great news!

+ PushinNshovinMe on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

Red Faction is a brilliant game, but I already own it, same as inFamous.

+ eatthemall on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

great update

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

I don’t want to be a complainer but you HAVE to bring the game offers on Plus way up to date. If you’re targeting “hardcore” gamers why in the world would you offer a trial of a game that launched over a year ago? Anyone who is really into gaming has either tried it or bought it. I bought that game on launch and it’s an old hat now. I know that isn’t true of everyone but honestly. Get up to date with the Plus content. Old games & old add-ons. There isn’t a single piece of content that has been offered that I don’t already own or have bought months/years ago.

PAGE 1 2 3 5