PS4-Watch_Dogs

Coming Next Week to PlayStation Plus: Red Faction Guerrilla Game Trial and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Aug 03, 2010 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone! Just a quick message for the PlayStation Plus members out there. We are moving to a bi-weekly publish of PlayStation Plus content, so the next update for free, exclusive and discounted items on PlayStation Store will be Tuesday 8/10. Here’s a peek into some of the items that will be included in next week’s update. Also, this will be the last week that some of the free and discounted items will be available, so if you haven’t downloaded Fieldrunners or purchased some of the games and add-ons that are discounted for PlayStation Plus members, do so before next Tuesday.

Red Faction Guerilla for PS3: PlayStation Plus game trial

As a reminder for everyone else, there’s a special limited time introductory offer on PlayStation Plus: Get three additional bonus months of PlayStation Plus if you buy a 1-year package for $49.99. Check out the PlayStation Plus category on PlayStation Store.

PlayStation Plus: Highlights for 8/10

Red Faction Guerrilla from THQ – 60-minute Game Trial
Qore August Episode with exclusive demo of TerRover from SOE
PixelJunk Racers Second Lap – Early Access and Limited Time Discount exclusive
Aero Racer mini – FREE

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down 8/10:

Games
Fieldrunners – mini – FREE
Super Stardust (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)
Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, original price $9.99)

Discounted Add-ons
Super Stardust HD Team add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Super Stardust HD Solo add-on Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, original price $4.99)
Resistance 2 Aftermath Multiplayer Map Pack (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, original price $3.99)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
King Zumo
MAG S.V.E.R Dynamic Theme
MAG Raven Dynamic Theme
MAG Valor Dynamic Theme

Video
Qore – July Episode

+ JAX_ on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

@darth_soul

so why is SONY now announcing it as a bi-weekly content?
if you’re happy with that’s fine.

I would not reccomended it and I will not renew it.

+ reekeecast on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

I’m getting more dissapointed with my ps+ subscription as weeks go by.

If this goes on, sony will probably get a lawsuit in their hands soon. :(

This makes me sad.

+ Anddo on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

At this point I’ll never sign-up. I bought a PSN card in perpetration for today’s update, only to read this… And on top of that next weeks update looks like crap.. No thanks!

When Sony stops serving leftovers that’s when I’ll step in the dinner line.

+ Shinra_Soilder on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Red Faction, huh?
Interesting. Looks like I have a have a game trial to test out.
PS+ is working out great so far. Since I haven’t bought a lot of the games offered, it truly is worth it for me. I like this little update on when offers are going to get taken down.

+ fane1024 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Grace,

Thanks for posting (some of) next month’s content before the current month ends and for giving us a warning as to when the current content will be removed. Keep doing so and you may actually convince me to buy Plus.

As it stands, I already own most of the offered content.

+ Anddo on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

@98, you’re aware there has been a demo out for Red Faction for months now, right? The game has been discounted many times over. I’ve seen it for as low as $19.99… Why bother?

+ mike98nuno on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

So I bought ps+ when it came out I bought the 3 months ans I think this is my last month before I have to re new it and if this is what we will keep getting I think its a waste of money We should get more free stuff

+ JinZX1 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Bi-weekly eh? I think it’d be better to go with discounted items one week, and new exclusive content the following week and just alternate.

As for Red Faction Guerilla, that game is awesome. Never played anything like it, and that’s a good thing.

Really would like to see discounts on full games like inFamous and Red Faction. The trials are cool and all, but you can get the games used for far cheaper than $30 or whatever the pricing on them is. Maybe PS+ subs can get discounted full games?

I’ve never played a mini, so I can’t really complain there.

And some beta access to DC Universe Online would be totally awesome. I registered over at whatever the site for the beta is, but I’m really hoping that PS+ subs will get access to the beta regardless…maybe even a little early!

+ ExPresident on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

If this is going to be a coupon club Sony then I highly suggest you start putting newer titles up there to lure people in. I bought the $50 plan for the additional three months and I’m a big Sony supporter but as some others have said, if my plan was up today I doubt I would renew it.

I’ve enjoyed the content I’m getting and I already had Wipeout HD. But getting Critter Crunch as the ‘big’ title this month compared to Wipeout? Give me a break, it doesn’t compare.

I readily admit this is only month two but typically programs start big to get as many people as possible and then slowly die out, not saying that should happen but thats typical. We better start seeing some “big” things or your gonna see some “big” drops in subscriptions when people need to renew.

+ phinnv8 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Who cares, where the actual new features to PS+

-cross game voice chat
-new web browser with good flash
-Netflix, ESPN, etc built in
-context sensitive PS button
-auto-sync trophies

+ KVD_by_Kraven on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

I think it’s just funny to read all comments. By all the problem I’m starting to think that PS has a huge under-age fan based market. I got plus cause I wanted to and I just wanted to try free stuff from time to time. Of course, I’m guessing if you think $50 is a big investment you should never use that money and put it in a bank. $50 is nothing, most of the games everyone has are more than $50 meaning that if you go out and use all your precious $50 you are getting… 1 game. While if you put it in + you are getting many different stuff.

Stop whining, grow up, get a good job and wait till $50 doesn’t seem like the amount of money you had for your 1 month allowance. For me $50 is less than why I can potentially spend in 1 night out.

+ beamersball on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Keep it weekly.

+ robertmc8 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

We better see some kind beta invent soon :). People just need get grip plus it’s only a month old give it chance to grow. Here Idea Sony Get a Video plus discounts too. 6 bucks for HD movie way to much. On Direc Tv They have HD movies for $4.99 I think Video store should do this also. SD movies should be at $2.99.

+ Anddo on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

OMG, KVD, you’re like sooo much better than all us :Rollseyes: You sound like an adult (lol) most adults would tell you it’s not about the money but rather the principal. If people don’t see value in the service don’t knock them for having an opinion.. Get a job, how original…

+ King_Bobo on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

My word – I actually bought Red Faction: Guerilla today. It better not be cheaper on the Store than I paid! :P

+ krae_man on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

When does the 3 months free offer end?

+ GT-420 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

I think they could go a long way towards making people happier with a free movie or video on occasion. Decent stuff too, not the crap that nobody is downloading already.

+ IrishHater on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:20 pm said:

@ darth_soul

I was not aware of that, thanks for the info. I will still be waiting for Zen Pinball though :)

+ toology01 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

yea i must say im a bit disappointed with PS Plus as well. I like to give Sony the benefit of the doubt because I am a Playstation fan (aren’t we all, were reading this blog), so I bought PSPlus day one but so far i am regretting it. I haven’t gotten a single thing that I don’t already own or am even interested in except for the $1 savings I got from the fat princess DLC.

Still holding out for cross game chat. Some other REAL FEATURES would be nice too. Voice messages would be nice. An app store for pandora, and other cool apps to thrive on. (Sony could make 1st party strategy guide apps for their games and easily charge $10 a piece, just an idea). Put these 3 things on your todo list and the PS features really blows the competition out of the water.

+ MOE-GUNZ-JACKSON on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Not as P****d off as others but I am feeling a bit disappointed.

+ Shinra_Soilder on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

@100
Well, a demo is one thing but game trial is a bit different.
Like it’s been said: You game data transfer’s from the trial to the purchased game. Since it’s a perk on PS+, I might as well give a try. If I like the game then I’ll go buy it if not then oh well. No harm done.

+ Dardantuan on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

I just recently picked up a brand new copy of Red Faction PS3 at Target for $13. A quick scan of Ebay and Amazon show that you can get it for around $10 fairly easy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the full retail PS3 games that are starting to show up on the PSN for download are priced reasonably. I hope you guys are smarter than to handle the pricing in the same way Microsoft does with their Games On Demand…

+ KVD_by_Kraven on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Well, when you pay money for a service you expect something in return. But you should never invest money on services you are not entirely willing to afford. If you buy a 7 days cruise in the Atlantic, you need to be sure that money is something you are ready to give out without being completely sure of what your level of satisfaction with the service you are buying will be.

If you are not sure you are able to give up $50 for +, then don’t get it and don’t come to the blogs and endlesly complain about it. Also if you add the fack that PS usually won’t reply to your complaints in the blog, then you probably just have extra time in your day.

Most post are making so much emphasis on the big $50 you paid for the service, as if just some mere $50 entitles you to be treated as a king. It’s like going to a $5/night hotel and expect to be treated as if you where in the Marriot or something.

+ diablo103 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

why are you guys doing trials of such old games. As your premium customers shouldnt we be treated with new games that maybe we havent tired before. There was a demo for this game…it sucked.

+ AwRy108 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Wow, way to offer freebies that most PS3 fans have already owned for months now. *JEESH*

+ tlwizard81 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

Thanks for the update Grace. I for one am a big fan of PS+

Question: Do you have any clarification on the Creat DLC that was offered free and whether or not that remains ours after the subscription lapses? The PS+ info that was disseminated said that all free dlc would be ours forever, but when I purchased the Creat DLC for free through the Store it said that the content would expire when my sub lapses.

Any info would be great, thanks!

+ SpyDudeFX on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Can we start getting SCEA produced exclusive dynamic themes for Plus? EU Plus offers SCEE produced content, whereas we have been offered old dynamic themes that were previously sold.

+ DJ_DTM on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

STOP THE LIES, you can’t put the word “FREE” on something that obviously costs $50.
Do you people or robots or whatever you are at Sony seriously think ALL PS3 owners are stupid enough to fall for that?

It’s not “FREE” but it is a “LIE”

Stop it.

+ sNsKid on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I really don’t see why PS+ subscribers are getting early acess to PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap when it’s just an updated version of PJ Racers. 2nd lap is already out in Japan and Hong Kong. As if the wait hasn’t already been long enough, people who already bought Racers have to wait even longer. I guess it’s good that I am a PS+ subscriber. I still can’t help, but feel bad for those who don’t in regards to 2nd Lap.

I really think full game trials should be for newer games. I didn’t like the Red Faction demo so I’m definitely going to pass on the game trial and save some bandwidth. I am curious as too how much RFG is going to cost via PSN when it’s dirt cheap everywhere.

+ BlazeKush420 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

No there is another zen pinball table coming out.
About ghost and stuff.
I already got Mars.

+ guitalex2007 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

People, the term biweekly is even used for payrolls! It means every two weeks.

It can also mean semi-weekly, yes, but are there TWO TUESDAYS PER WEEK for the store to update? Brains, people. Use them.

+ D-Squad3 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

So instead of weekly, it updates every other week now? Wow epic fail, there isn’t that much of great stuff coming out each week, now I have to wait every other week for stuff that isn’t that great? lol you guys can kiss my subscription good bye after it expires.

+ mywhitenoise on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

“bi-weekly means 2 times a week. bi-monthly means 2 times a month. so you have either made a mistake or you owe us stuff 8 times a month. that seems unlikely so im pretty sure you meant bi-monthly.”

lol, you’re an idiot. Bi-weekly means every other week, semi-weekly means two times a week. Grab a dictionary.

+ morph147 on August 3rd, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

sigh bi weekly? well so far sony has given me another reason NOT to get the playstation plus

+ Rahabib on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

so what happened to Castle Crashers? Its been submitted for over a month now.

+ sNsKid on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

PS+ is really for a family with very little disposable income who can enjoy new games for “FREE” and at a discounted price. There is value in it. If you strongly feel that PS+ isn’t right for you then it’s probably not. I would like to know of some other place where I can spend $50 and get 15 months of early access, free, exclusive and discounted content.

Welp, I am going to go play some SSF4. Ciao.

+ Barnolde on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

I loved inFamous and really liked Red Faction, but these aren’t the right games to put on “PS3 Legacy” or whatever it’s called.

Games with more multiplayer content seem better suited for digital downloads. For example, why isn’t a game like Unreal Tournament III on there? Or LittleBigPlanet? That’s already available in Europe. Seems like a no-brainer, especially with LBP2 coming out soon.

+ CapinChronic on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

I have one word for you Grace “Betas” coughs* KZ3! ^_~

+ ozzmosis1981 on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

its funny 99%of people with plus like it the other 1% want the world for free the people with out it are just finding somthing to wine about you get it or you don’t stop whinning no one wants to hear it playstation plus keep up the good work

+ invalidid on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Is it me or are download speeds for firmware, game updates, etc pathetic. Sounds like there’s some ridiculous amounts of speed throttling. Is extra bandwidth given to plus subscribers. And no its not on my end.

+ Blkant on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

I have to admit I have been disappointed with plus this month. Last month I was happy and thought it was a good deal but this month seems to be severely lacking. But then again I am sure some months would be naturally slower than others… Would like a beta though already :P

+ percast2 on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

May I make a request ?

Can you verify that the release dates for content on the PS+ is going to be ALWAYS bi-weekly ?

Is just I don’t want to have false expectations about the service I’m paying.

And also, why does EU Plus users get better titles and variety than US users get ?

Thank you in advance.

+ KwietStorm on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

PS3 users are the worst. Absolute worst. All you people do is cry like starving babies all damn day. It’s passed pathetic. I’m sick of having to wade through these comments from spoiled people with entitlement issues everyday.

+ RoboCop2010 on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Now you see my frustration? I regret paying $50 for crap.

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

Who cares, where the actual new features to PS+

-cross game voice chat [not needed
-new web browser with good flash [browser works
-Netflix, ESPN, etc built in [read updates
-auto-sync trophies [no

+ Volchise7 on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Wow week after week its a big disappointment glad I was able to get my 50$ back.

+ Cirran on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Wow what a bunch of whiney, greedy americans. EU PSN+ Gets updated once a month and we get less stuff. I’m also happy with the stuff i get.

Nice update. Keep up the good work.

+ Corvelay on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

In September, Europe PSN+ is getting the full season of Sam & Max 3 and Oddworld : Abe’s Oddysee. Is there any chance the US PSN+ will get those? For the first month, Europe and US were almost identical, but for the second month, they’re completely different.

+ Cirran on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Wow look at all the greedy little grumpy children. I WANT I WANT I WANT GIVE GIVE GIVE ME ME ME.

Grow up.

+ RoboCop2010 on August 3rd, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Mostly everyone on this blog is complaining. Only a few are happy. We are not greedy. We want to get our money’s worth. :D