PS4 - Transistor

Pulse 8/3 Edition Now Available

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Aug 03, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

It’s been way too long since we posted on the PlayStation.Blog about each new edition of PULSE. Moving forward, we’re hoping to get the word out every couple of weeks when Christina and the crew publish another edition. The 8/3 edition hits the PlayStation Store later today in full HD or for your PSP. You can also watch a small version of this show right here and in the original programming section of PlayStation.com.

This edition includes details about the PlayStation Network Summer Sale with 50% off 15 popular titles, demos for Mafia II and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, and the Top Ten game and movie downloads of July. As for new video releases, check out Kick-Ass, Repo Men, and Clash of the Titans.

We’re also firing up a mailbox for your questions, suggestions, and comments. Send us your PlayStation related questions and comments to pulse@playstation.sony.com and we just might answer your question on an upcoming edition.

Thanks for downloading and watching.

PAGE 1 2

+ remanutd5 on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

love the show but i think it should be longer with more info on games , exclusive interviews from sony’s First Party Titles , exclusive news and more about playstation

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

Thanks for the support, remanutd5. If you want more of a deep-dive into titles, consider checking out Qore, if you haven’t already.

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

2nd nice

+ the_ghost__NL on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:16 am said:

remanutd5 i’m totaly aggrre whit you

+ scorpio182 on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

isnt thats what qore is for?

+ RoecraticA on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

Cool,pulse is awesome.

+ joseph2411 on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

Release the Kraken! lol

@1 @3 I agree on Pulse being longer with more info on game releases and news, about having interviews and more stuff on games that is why Qore is also available.

Does Repo Men have the same soundtrack from the Resident Evil Afterlife trailer or was i just imagining things?

+ G1283 on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

alright! gigidy! so getting fat princess now that it has 4 player coop and plus the plus add on discount. its mine now! bring it. thx psn

+ TwinDad on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

I like this show. It’s nice to get a quick look into what the PS Store will have available and what’s hot.

I don’t know what finally kicked Sony in the pants, but I love the feedback email. Listen to the people.

+ Enforcer_X on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

Love Pulse!
I like the length it makes for a quick download, even at 1080p and covers a lot of things that interest me.
Keep up the good work!

+ odin_final on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

thank you for a brief yet full of information pulse.
Great new edition, keep up the good work christina and the team behind the show of course ^_^.

+ krae_man on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

Hi Kevin,

Is Episode 27 of Qore coming today or next week?

Are day one subscribers whose subscriptions expired with episode 26 going to be sent a discount offer by email again(hopefully for PSN Plus)?

+ monyking on August 3rd, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

I like this. I think this is one of those perks for being part of the Network of Playstation fans.

+ madness23 on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

Any chance ever Qore will be available through Remote Play?

+ poweredbyzen on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

release the wallet! time to go spend money again! :D

+ lyfestory on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

well, since my PS3 has died for a 2nd time, i think i have to watch Pulse here… cause i love this show… and Christina..: )

+ footballrule on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

I like how this is acually free. I watch every episode in the Playstation Home theater since the episodes come in Home before the PS Store gets it.

+ nickjd331 on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

I like watching Pulse every fortnight. However it would be nice to be able to use the EU store instead.

I realise that release dates differ across regions and that would make it rather difficult, but i’m sure something could be done. I don’t mean a whole different show etc; such as Qore/FirstPlay, but a unified show that shares features across regions, perhaps just leaving out bits that are irrelevant for the region.

+ Mies2000 on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

Other great outfit, Other great episode!

If their are people out there, that haven’t been watching, you should be!

+ artform-fazeone on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

Pulse is a wicked show… Hopefully we will see a full episode about playstation HOME on Pulse… The Pulse show gets a 11 out 10.. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE.. $_$

+ anotherdae on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

Comment revise (doh):

I like having Pulse in the Home theater as well. Great place to see some new content every week. Maybe switch up the host every now and then like G4 does.

Vote for me for The Tester:

+ Potocus on August 3rd, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Hey Guys love the show, but since the firmware update (3.41) I have been having lot of issues with my PS3 which I wasn’t having before last week. I think by far that is way more important any input as to when this is going to be looked after by SONY and when can we expect a resolution to this issue that for what I can see thousands are still experiencing?

+ OmegaThousand on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

Hi kevin, It’s a marvelous show, I download all the episodes to my psp for watching them with my wife and friends, also I begin to check out qore since last month and is the best and most exclusive approach to new games and news in HD. Thanks for the continuous feedback from sony and PSN.
Regards.

+ Jisatsu_Kiddo on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

it’s just random bad luck.. now people stop posting games did this, firmware did that.

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

Wait.. i though Mafia 2 demo was on 10th of aug?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

That’s the expected release date for the demo, correct. The “coming soon” graphic is obscured just a bit by the logo in this video player.

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

in-depth look of kane and lynch, played the demo and most awful game of the year by far…damn i think i will skip quore this month, even if its free for ps plus.

+ BigAnt18 on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I’m a big fan of both Qore and Pulse, it’s nice to see the spotlight on Pulse just in case someone missed it. I enjoy the little summary of all things playstation since I always miss something. It did sadden me a little when Qore became a PS+ thing since I’ve been paying for Qore yearly but whatever you got me PS+. Keep up the good work humans! :)

By The Way….. Christina has some sexy legs and I’m guessing wardrobe noticed lol. Whoever picked her as the host did a great job, she’s a natural.

+ NESGamepro on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

It’s a good show, but I have to admit I watch most of it at 1.5x speed.

+ Chuckbait on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

Do you have to lie in your titles? New episode of pulse is not “now available”

The Store doesn’t update for another 6+ hours?

**To actual fans of Earthworm Jim…DO Not buy EJ HD… The original voice of Earthworm Jim was…the same guy who does the voice for HOMER SIMPSON…..This game does not have the same voice. You can download the demo from the UK store… or just dl the demo later today. When you highlight the game on your xmb, you are greeted to the *new* voice of Earthworm Jim.

And obviously it sounds horrible.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Pulse is indeed “now available” right here in the blog. It will be available in HD and for PSP with today’s regular Store publish.

+ TwinDad on August 3rd, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I can only imagine the amount of creepy emails that are going to get addressed to Christina, if the comments on the blog are any indication.

+ myfrozenscars on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Dear Mr.Furuichi

Will that TerRover demo she mentioned be a playable demo????

+ colstripcapn on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I see turn-based RPGs still fill two of the top 10 slots even several weeks after release.

Any idea why Sony is dragging its feet in brining more of this obviously popular genre to the PSN? I realize you can’t really control third party develpers, but take Legend of the Dragoon for example, that is a Sony title and many ask for it every week.

+ spacefox00 on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

Kevin, can I make a small request that maybe you could pass on to others higher up or take into consideration yourself?

It would be great if the US blog got info about when each month of PS Plus would start and end, like the EU blog does. I was caught by surprise when Wipeout HD was removed in less than a month, and didnt manage to get it. It would be great if the US Blog also gave the schedule for the following month(s) like the EU blog does. Maybe you could ask whoever runs the US blog to do something like that? Information about when content stops being part of PS Plus right now is very vague for us US users.

+ DarkRecoil on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Pluse would be so much better if Christina hosted it in her underwear.

…any chance guys?

+ rbanke on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

“here download this ad!”

nah…

+ wtGp on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

dammit Christina, release the Kraken NAO!!!!!

+ Jvolel on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

ok sooo the summer sale is only for playstation plus? Because I see fat princess for $14.99 in the playstation store not for $7.99.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

The Summer Sale goes into effect with today’s Store publish.

+ Jvolel on August 3rd, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

edit: nvm lol I didn’t see the date in the other post.

+ MiltonMafia on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

@31
LMFAO and agreed

+ arha2 on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Will Playstation Plus members gain access to the Mafia 2 demo earlier than August 10th?

+ Amitiel on August 3rd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

@28 Dan Castellaneta was only the voice in the cartoon series, not the games

+ MIA_Philly on August 3rd, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

What happened to the LBP update? I thought the marvel DLC was every monday yet I don’t see anything on it anywhere.

+ Shinra_Soilder on August 3rd, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

Wow. The Pulse is on the the blog now. ^_^

+ Ahmay on August 3rd, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

Christina,

I noticed that your hair is more awesome than usual!

+ wareLORD on August 3rd, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

HELP PLEASE!!! section 8 needs a update to remove hacks posted on ING.COM like “GOD MODE” this is killing the game play 4 real players and unfair aswell STOP THE HACKERS PLEASE!!! i hope to see this fixed soon REALLY SOON!!! please do something!!!! “REMOVE GOD MODE” and other “HACKS”

+ xoiea on August 3rd, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

gotta love the monthly Pulse-fix, btw I hope she doesn’t take this the wrong way, but I’m noticing she’s packing a few pounds.
did i just curse myself.

+ iamR3Dsuave on August 4th, 2010 at 1:21 am said:

Love pulse nicee

+ kazukikatsuhito on August 4th, 2010 at 4:09 am said:

uhh first off i enjoy watching pulse, and its amusing and is good in giving out intel in the PS store… i wouldn’t download if christina wasn’t the host haha , i downloaded every pulse episode,but i still would download it ehh, the people behind pulse your doing a great job in helping us playstation users and as you christina,your always looking wonderful,i’m looking forward for advances on pulse in the future,thank you.

+ renegadesquad on August 4th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

i do agree too. it should be a little bit longer. If nnot then you should make some more episodes of Qore free.

+ lbpfan2010 on August 5th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

can u make a lbp 2 demo?

+ Random99567 on August 5th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

hi will they make a new turok game for ps3 alot of people play turok on ps3 and want new maps and weapons please try 2 make a new turok. turok is auwsome. so please try 2

PAGE 1 2