Final Fantasy XV

Aug 05

Aug 05

LittleBigPlanet 2: Adventure Trailer Revealed

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

I know you have been clamoring for more information about LittleBigPlanet 2. As always, Mark has keeping you in the know with FAQs on some of the features of LittleBigPlanet 2, as well as some of Sackboy’s new abilities that you’re dying to try out. Then last week at Comic-Con we announced our launch date and preorder goodies!

Excellent, yes, but what about the story mode, you ask? Let me just say this: if you enjoyed the story mode of the original LittleBigPlanet, then the new adventure you and your Sackboy (or Sackgirl) are about to go on will blow you away. Get ready for an all-new adventure, with an amazing new cast of characters that will take Sackboy on an “out-of-this-world” adventure.

A mysterious and terrible evil, The Negativitron, is out to destroy Craft World. The “Alliance” and our brand new Adventure trailer await you…

I know you’ll have more questions for us, so hit us up in the comments below and we’ll tell you what we can. Look for LittleBigPlanet 2 to hit your favorite retailer on November 16th, and as Mark mentioned, the Collector’s Edition is very limited — reserve your copy today.

Add Your Own

talamasmex said:

August 5th, 11:13 am

Any Online Multiplayer Details? xD

Spyroluver88 said:

August 5th, 11:15 am

I didn’t think you could improve on LBP since it was already amazing…I should never have doubted you…lol

I reserved my CE!! I cannot wait until November! Thanks Mm!

gosox said:

August 5th, 11:20 am

AWESOME

Pjk7777 said:

August 5th, 11:22 am

:O I CANT WAIT!!!!!! And btw, do you have any news on that Sepheroth costume/Final Fantasy (Or Kingdom Hearts) pack yet? I cannot wait to go and order the collectors addition, but I wanna know if I should faint when I play it at first or when I’m fighting the Negativitron as Sepheroth!!!!! And what’s the deal with the creatinator? How does it work? And sorry if I’m asking too much but was that The Enterprise I saw???

ScampSixteen said:

August 5th, 11:23 am

Will the collector’s edition come out in the uk?
Will it also contain the same stuff?

QuietstormRB said:

August 5th, 11:25 am

I must admit that I overlooked LBP. I thought it was just for kids boy was I wrong as an adult gamer I’m really having lots of fun with LBP. This game looks fantastic!!! The first one is a great game as well but it looks like the guys and gals at Media Molecule went into overdrive. This is a first day buy for me.

Kchow23 said:

August 5th, 11:27 am

campaign DLC this time? some people don’t have the time to make levels

Daojones said:

August 5th, 11:32 am

@89 I knew it sounded to good to be true! Oh well. :D

Finaldeath1689 said:

August 5th, 11:37 am

I preordered the first LBP, and preordered the LBP 2 CE as soon as i found out about the bookends and stuffed sackboy.

I wonder if the people like me who preordered both get a secret added bonus :P

Justp94 said:

August 5th, 11:41 am

Collector’s Edition = Sackboy Plush that imma carry around all the time!
Collector’s Edition = Funky Costumes and Avatars to show my LBP Dedication!
Collector’s Edition = The only organization i have of my games!

<3 you LBP! LOL

PowerGasp said:

August 5th, 11:45 am

LBP2 is going to be my very first time bothering with the ‘Limited Edition’ of a game! Great bundle and the Tron Legacy costumes are just too awesome.

SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!

tommy7154 said:

August 5th, 11:48 am

OK the bookends are not made of cardboard. What ARE they made of?

mikemichaelmic said:

August 5th, 11:49 am

Great to hear that the collectors edition will make a canadian release Mick! That made my day, and now I have a HUGE smile on my face!! Thanks for that :)

rhansen2 said:

August 5th, 11:50 am

What’s the song in the trailer? I loooove it and it better be in the game lol.

saab01 said:

August 5th, 11:52 am

Cant wait for the game. I wish November would come sooner.

OU73R_H34V3N_08 said:

August 5th, 11:55 am

Collector’s Edition is going to be amazing! Those “game-ends” are neat, and all that DLC! Any chance for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World costumes? My 2 favorite things coming together, LBP and Scott Pilgrim. I could die happy ^_^

Atomika14 said:

August 5th, 11:55 am

Already reserved the Collectors Edition the day it was announced!

killer_beast12 said:

August 5th, 11:56 am

I cant take it anymore. IF WE DON’T GET A DEMO FOR THIS SOON, NOT A BETA, BUT DEMO SOON I AM GONNA LOSE IT. SO Mm FOR THE SAKE OF MY SANITY, EVERYONES SANITY! PLEASE GIVE US MERCY WE PLEAD FOR MERCY, JUST GIVE US A DEMO WHERE WE CAN CREATE WITH THE NEW TOOLS. I’M AT THE EDGE OF TEARS!!!!!!!!

GuitarrassDeAmor said:

August 5th, 12:01 pm

I already pre-ordered the collector’s edition on Amazon. One thing that gets me though is that I am not creative enough to do anything in this game. I created a L4D copy in the first one, but felt limited before the paintgun came out. Then when that came out I made it better…but it still sucked. Thankfully others can pick up the slack…

snake4308 said:

August 5th, 12:01 pm

I’m just wondering about how you can customize sackboy in this……

Is it me or do I see sackboys of different shapes and sizes….if so more details plz?

Either way the CE is mine!!

killer_beast12 said:

August 5th, 12:01 pm

I have watched this demo about 10 TIME ALREADY! PLEASE WE NEED A DEMO. AND IM NOT THE ONLY ONE BEGGING FOR IT!

TheGuardianFID said:

August 5th, 12:08 pm

Already pre-ordered my CE, I can’t wait!!! 8)

mikemichaelmic said:

August 5th, 12:09 pm

I can’t wait to buy the CE when it gets released in Canadian stores!!! HAZZAH!!!! The CE IS MINE!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA :D

zombie9 said:

August 5th, 12:09 pm

If I buy LBP2 they will make a GOTY eddition and then I get left out in the cold. Making (levels) and giving free costumes and level kits. Not happing again I will wait for the GOTY eddition I did pre order LP2 CE but I plan on doubling my money on EBAY:)

U can fool me only one time no more.

mpyr said:

August 5th, 12:09 pm

Will any of the downloadable content from the first LittleBigPlanet be usable on LittleBigPlanet 2?

mikemichaelmic said:

August 5th, 12:10 pm

@ mpyr

All of the downloadable & content unlocked from LBP1 will be there on day 1.

Biggz124 said:

August 5th, 12:20 pm

LBP2 Beta anytime soon, Mick?

scorpio182 said:

August 5th, 12:22 pm

Pefrect timing my bday is nov 15th :)

Ropiplup said:

August 5th, 12:24 pm

Any collectors edition in Mexico or Canada??

BigPoppaB said:

August 5th, 12:29 pm

Will LBP skins EVER go on sale?

I’d love to buy some.. but at $2 each its kinda steep and would really add up.

If at $1 each, id instantly go back and buy 10 lol

lilyphoenix said:

August 5th, 12:37 pm

I was going to order a collector’s edition, so I went to bestbuy.com because I assumed since they had the preorder bonus, they’d have the CE. Also, I have a gift card I need to use. I’ll order it on amazon right away if you promise me best buy won’t have it. I’ve seriously been searching for it on Best Buy twice a day. :'( Please relieve my compulsiveness! This is like having a super exclusive party and only inviting 2 of your 3 best friends! BTW, you have great taste in music, but I don’t know what this one is…

Israel1948 said:

August 5th, 12:42 pm

Where’s our FF7 costumes!?

maverick34jjv said:

August 5th, 12:42 pm

LBP2 is going to take over the world and put other games in the dark
Anything on a BETA or a DEMO?

Morphweasel said:

August 5th, 12:52 pm

EU Collector’s Edition/pre-order goodies? Please tell us!

maverick34jjv said:

August 5th, 12:55 pm

PLEASE TELL ME LBP2 HAS ICE!!! It looked kool

Destiny89 said:

August 5th, 1:09 pm

Seriously cant wait! amazing!

Kirkpad said:

August 5th, 1:15 pm

Meh, looks like DLC.

ww2_honor said:

August 5th, 1:19 pm

Media Molecule has the most creative people I have ever seen. I seriously can’t wait to get my hands on it and see what I can create. They are the developers I\ look up to as an aspiring game designer. And also they have the best music in all of their trailers =). I for one am pumped!

sa3vis said:

August 5th, 1:23 pm

I Love It! But Id really Like to see if you can make an RPG sort of game. That would be fun Since me and my friends love playing those together such as the PS2 game Champions of Norrath. Please let me know.

yoo_sergio said:

August 5th, 1:33 pm

WOW! It’s great! I can’t wait more!!! Will the Collector’s Edition be available for Mexico? I hope it does! I really want that Sackboy and the DLC! And here in Mexico they don’t sell PSN cards, so I can’t get the DLC ¬¬!

iMaciPod said:

August 5th, 1:41 pm

MM j’ais pas un la beta de lbp1 mes j’aimerais avoir la beta de lbp2 jais juste une game et c’est lbp1 et bientôt lbp2 je suis un fan de lbp cest la meilleur game de tout les temp.

jais une ps3 dans mon salon et une dans la chambre de mon fils et celle de mon fils elle ni lie plus les blueray j’aimerais ça avoir lbp sur le psn canada pour que mon fils puisse jouer a lbp sur ca ps3 merci.

taco-man-1 said:

August 5th, 1:44 pm

I really dig this new little big planet game but I must know, the new one is going to be a platformer for games right? So if so will they have a mode that has first person in an area where you can see through eyes of your sackboy or girl and live out games like from Modern Warfare, Bioshock, and such as other games which could be a whole new new experience for gamers of the Little Big Planet generation?

sTaB_u_N_uR_i said:

August 5th, 1:51 pm

It will be avalible in canada.

Dont tell me that, tell shop owners that.

Every place iv called have said the same thing.

“Were taking pre orders for the normal edition but havent heard anything about a collectors edition.”

Iv got a bad feeling im going to miss out on this.

sigh.

Kirkpad said:

August 5th, 2:07 pm

“So if so will they have a mode that has first person in an area where you can see through eyes of your sackboy”

Therein lies why LBP2 will only be filled with mini-games. If you want a puzzle game, an RTS, a first person shooter, a brick-breaker; go buy the games that perfect those genres.
Don’t buy LBP2 thinking you’re going to get the same polished brick breaking gameplay as Shatter. Don’t buy LBP2 thinking its going to have racing as efficient and precise as PixelJunk Racers. Don’t buy LBP2 expecting Gundemonium Collection quality.

Buy LBP2 and expect half baked games with dumbed down gameplay mechanics. Seriously: buy the game genres that you enjoy, not what others tell you to enjoy in simplistic form. I say buy LBP2 if you enjoy PLATFORMERS.

darkninjaonizuka said:

August 5th, 2:22 pm

I cant wait for this to come out i hope there will be a kingdom hearts add on please LBP creators make this xD lol

angelspawn77 said:

August 5th, 2:24 pm

That game looks so sexy! I want it NOW! I will be purchasing the awesome CE of the game!

Livehunter187 said:

August 5th, 2:26 pm

What happened to the september release date i take it that the game got pushed back to november now????

ww2_honor said:

August 5th, 2:32 pm

@Livehunter187 Well the first LBP came out in November ’08 so I think they want to stick to that month.

Draden6436 said:

August 5th, 2:36 pm

MICK!!?? :)
Hi,
any chance of the collectors edition available here in MM UK for day 1 or are we gonna have to wait for months like with the GOTY? Please tell me the good news :D

Gooddaysfall said:

August 5th, 2:52 pm

This game is going to be awesome! Does all DLC we bought for the first one carry over to this one? Oh I have another question but its off topic its about Pre-ordering Medal Of Honor….ummm So no matter where I pre-order Medal Of Honor I get the limited edition correct?