Uncharted 4

TerRover Demo Comes to Qore Tomorrow

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Aug 09, 2010 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hello, PlayStation World! I’m back to share our most exciting news of the year. We’re thrilled to let you know about our upcoming PlayStation Network exclusive, TerRover. We’ve been working hard on this one for a while, and we’re eager to let you get your hands on it and discover the engaging gameplay for yourselves.

TerRover

You can do just that with the free demo of TerRover available with both versions of Qore tomorrow. Plus, you can watch the (hopefully not-embarrassing) interview with me at E3, chatting it up with Veronica about why the game is so much fun.

The TerRover is a cute little robot buggy with a big smile and warm heart in need of your help to find a new planetary home for him and his friends. The TerRover’s controls aren’t quite like anything else out there. His head slides back and forth across his body as you change direction. One button press places his head under his body to turn him over. And most importantly, the left stick lets you pivot your TerRover up and down from either end. You’ll need to master this skill in order to save the TerRover population!

TerRover

TerRoverTerRover

You get weapons and tools, too. Choose from various chassis equipped with rocket launchers, magnet cables and more. They’ll come in handy in tight spots, and assist in collecting all the mechanical parts scattered about and discovering the numerous secret areas and hidden passages. You’ll find yourself aching to come back and explore every inch of every level.

We’re very eager here at Creat Studios to find out what you all think of our newest game. Sony Online Entertainment has been incredibly supportive, and they’ve helped us make the best game we can. As always… a big, big thank you to all of our fans out there. We simply could not what we love without you. Please drop by our website, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, as we want to know what you think.

TerRover

PAGE 1 2

+ BurntOrange32 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Lots of stuff to download tomorrow…

Mafia 2 demo, TerRover demo, Scott Pilgrim, Pixeljunk Racers 2nd lap….

This is going to be a good Tuesday!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Indeed it is, BO22. I’m excited about Scott Pilgrim, too. Please let us know what you think of TerRover!

+ CapinChronic on August 9th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Sweet can’t wait to download all these goodies tomorrow :D

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

Right there with you, Capin. Hope you enjoy our demo.

+ poweredbyzen on August 9th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

can’t wait for tomorrow!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

I’m noticing a trend here. We’re all on the same page, poweredbyzen. Enjoy the demo.

+ CapinChronic on August 9th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

TerRover is a full game or just a demo?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

The demo will be available tomorrow in Qore on PSN. The full game will be released shortly.

+ addyjones1234 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:13 am said:

I know this is the US blog, but, any info on UK/EU offerings? Maybe in PS+ or FirstPlay?

Thanks and game looks great :D

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Thanks for the kind words, addyjones1234. I’m not sure about the timing of the demo’s availability in Europe. But the demo and game will be launched there when the game is ready.

+ Bilouze on August 9th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Will the demo be on the European store tomorrow as well ?

+ CapinChronic on August 9th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

LOL.. Sorry you answered my question in your comment above my bad :/

+ ihatereading369 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Hmm Madden comes out tomorrow so I’ll probably have my hands pretty full… but it looks like I might have to make some extra room if this is as good as it sounds.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Maybe I’m a bit biased, ihatereading369, but yes… it is as good as it sounds. Maybe better, in fact!

OK, I am biased. But the demo is free and we’re all eager to know what you think. Please drop us a line after you check it out.

+ AmericanAce on August 9th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

What’s the price?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

As soon as we know, AmericanAce, we’ll let you know.

+ igniteryan on August 9th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

So this is available in the single episode too? I’m a Plus member and hoping to get this demo

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Glad to know that you’re looking forward to it, igniteryan. Enjoy!

+ DZORMAGEN on August 9th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

Tomorrow seems like a fun day to be a PS3 owner! Color me happy! :)

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Consider yourself colored, DZORMAGEN. Pick a color from the images above. Do you want Mechanica blue, Acor yellow or Volcanus red?

+ KC-alpha-14 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Does this game come with awesomeness?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Extra awesomeness is added, free of charge!

+ Dirtman11 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

LOOK LIKE PIXEL JUNK I LIKED THAT I M GONNA TRY THIS

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

We’ll take that PixelJunk comparison as a compliment, Dirtman11. We’re big fans of the folks over at Q-Games. Please let us know how you like our demo.

+ FORMIK on August 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

I like the art direction and control scheme. I wonder what features will be available in the game?

On a side note: Creat Studios, put some avatars in the store and allow users to show support for your great games.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Thanks, FORMIK. We’ll be detailing all of the features of the game when we get closer to release.

I’ll let our teams know that you want some avatars. We’re always happy to show our fans some love, especially if they want to send it right back.

+ CapinChronic on August 9th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Thanks for answering everyones questions Scott you kick ass :)

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Thank you, Capin. I’m just thrilled to be able to chat directly with you all. And we love Sony for helping us do just that.

+ ORRE141 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

itz look a funny game

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Funny, yes, ORRE141… and FUN!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Awww, TheMissingLink… you’re too kind. But thank you! All of our greatness comes from our fans’ support. So our greatness is your greatness.

+ Trieloth on August 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Hell yeah this game is gonna rock! It has a cool look to it. I cant get enough of these 2D’ish games. Gonna buy this and any other games you fellas create. Thanks

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Thank you, Trieloth. We’re thrilled that you like what you see. Please let us know how you enjoy the demo.

+ zopi-san on August 9th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

I’m definitely going to try this out.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

Thanks, zopi-san. Hope you like it!

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

The art in the bottom screenshot actually sort of reminds me of the really abstract style of the backgrounds in Super Paper Mario.

I’ll give this a trial run. If it’s good; hopefully it won’t get overlooked amid the other things being released tomorrow.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Cool observation, PuppetShoJustice. I’ll pass your comments on to the team. Have fun with the demo, and pass along your impressions.

+ DrApollo on August 9th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

How do we let you know what we think…do you want us to just post our comments in this blog?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Sweet question, DrApollo. There’s a whole bunch of ways to do it. Indeed, you can post right here. Or, you can go to our website (www.creatstudios.com), our Facebook page (facebook.com/CreatStudios) or Twitter (@CreatStudios). We like to be accessible, and we’re always eager to know what our fans think and what else you would like to see. We take our feedback very seriously.

+ Dracorius on August 9th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

This looks so pretty. Watching the videos of it right now!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Thanks, Dracorius. It plays even better than it looks. :-)

+ polo155 on August 9th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

And today is the last day to get the Other Games by these guys on the PSN so check em out while that sale is on!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Very true, polo55. A whole bunch of our titles are still discounted on PS+, and Wakeboarding HD is 50% off for everyone! Thanks for the support.

+ androvsky on August 9th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

Having a wide variety of “it reminds me of…” comments is probably a good thing. For me, it looks like Gravity Crash. Which is also a good thing. I’ll definitely try out the demo when it becomes available outside of Qore. :)

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Another compliment by comparison. Everyone here loves Gravity Crash. We hope you enjoy the demo, with our without Qore.

+ SpyDudeFX on August 9th, 2010 at 9:38 am said:

Game looks great, can’t wait to try the demo. BTW would love to see Interpol DLC, some more dynamic themes like Cuboid and MagicOrbz and some premium avatars. The avatar you use now should be sold.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Thanks, SpyDudeFX. Please let us know what you think of the demo.

I’ll pass the suggestions along to our teams. We seem to have some demand for avatars today. This will give our folks plenty to think about for the week.

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 9th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Looked up some gameplay videos. I don’t feel quite right commenting on gameplay that I haven’t touched myself but I will say this: The art is interesting enough that I think it warrants the creation of themes/dynamic themes. Having a couple of the little guys roving (rovering…?) about my PS3 desktop would be pretty slick.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

Very cool idea, PSJ. I cannot comment on what else our team has in store, but I’m sure they’re thinking of something like this. Stay tuned!

+ jipmg on August 9th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

thank goodness that ps plus includes QORE!

this demo looks great

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Glad that you’re looking forward to it, jipmg. We want to know what you think of it.

+ SpyDudeFX on August 9th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Yeah Scott, it’s kinda sad that a year later we have avatars from just six or so different games. You have many great IPs to work with, Mushroom Wars would make some nice avatars and a dynamic theme. So I look forward to seeing some! Thx

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

We appreciate your interest, SpyDudeFX. I’ll chat with the team and hope to have some news soon.

+ Rytteren on August 9th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

whooaa just found out that i own 6 of your games. did not know you had a hand in hamster ball, digger HD, smash cars (love the dlc)mahjong tales.. stil playing the hell out of magic ba.. orbz and cuboid(thanks for making us make levels).

ohh why dident Mushroom Wars have online multiplayer. this is one of the best games on psn. make a sequel.

now do i give you more of my money ;)

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Rytteren, you’re a regular hardcore fan, and didn’t even know it! Welcome to the wonderful world of Creat Studios. Thank you for all of your support. We are very happy that you have been enjoying our games, including Hamsterball.

As for Mushroom Wars, your request is shared by many, many fans. While I can’t discuss exactly what’s coming, I can tell you that you will be very pleased.

+ Daniel_Gonzz on August 9th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Looks awesome.

And Hello!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Thanks, Daniel_Gonzz. And hello to you, too.

+ SpyDudeFX on August 9th, 2010 at 9:55 am said:

Oh yeah on Mushroom Wars, the Comrade trophy is a major no no lol Please do not do offline multiplayer trophies especially ones that require 100 plays.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

I’ll pass it along to the Mushroom Wars development team. They’re always eager for player feedback.

+ jabbzhutt on August 9th, 2010 at 9:56 am said:

Those of you looking for some gameplay videos of TerRover, here’s a link to some vids on gametrailers.com http://www.gametrailers.com/game/terrover/13255

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on August 9th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

wow… thanks allot… please stop making awesome games, I can’t afford it :D

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

Oh no… XxNo0b_H8rxX has figured out of secret plan to bankrupt you all!!! At least if you’re gonna go down, we want you going down with a PS3 controller clutched in your hand.

+ SpyDudeFX on August 9th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

It’s so rare for official replies on the US Blog, that I have to ask: What about PS Home content? You have so many great titles, you should have your own space in Home. Check out the PixelJunk Museum space for an idea and content too. Shirts, posters, etc.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

We’ve chatted about it, SDFX. So don’t be shocked if it happens one day. Stay tuned.

+ F-minus on August 9th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

I cant wait to take this game/demo for a spin tomorrow, but
i think we have some bigger fish to fry at the moment…

Whats for lunch? & Who’s buying?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Please let us know what you think when you do try it, F-minus. As for lunch, I’m hoping for sushi, and you’re buying.

+ Curtisio on August 9th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

This looks cool – just wich your post would have a video. Guess we’ll have to wait.

+ TomHoang on August 9th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

So we annual Qore subscribers don’t get anything extra over Plus members?

+ almighty-slayer on August 9th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Can’t wait to try it :D

Creat, you continue to be the awesomest people in the world :)

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

Maybe we should frame that in our office:

“Awesomest People In The World”

Then again, it will give our developers big heads. Let’s keep that our little secret, ok?

And thanks again, almighty-slayer.

+ almighty-slayer on August 9th, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

You all have big heads anyway.

Where’s the bacon game? :D

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Uh oh… the bacon game has leaked! ;-)

+ nerdmanwhippy on August 9th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Eh doesn’t qore cost money? If it does it means I won’t be trying the demo, but It’ll be a day one purchase for me regardless when it finally does come out. Looks tight. Any kind of loose date and or price set for it yet?

+ CrashSpyro on August 9th, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Will the demo become available to everyone else around whenever the game is released? Thanks.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Yes, nerdmanwhippy, Qore is a subscription-based download.

I can’t comment on a set price or launch date yet, but we’ll let you know very soon.

Thanks for your interest and the kind words. We’re very glad to know that you’re planning on purchasing the game. Our team has been working very hard for a while, and everyone is very excited.

+ Aluria1328 on August 9th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

Hell of a birthday month for me you guys give me more gifts and discounts than my entire family(via PS+) thanks for making my birthday month super awesome now if that dang ps3 remote would fast forward me to tomorrow i would be even happier FYI if you don’t have PS+ go get it it comes with a subscription to Qore plus if you buy a year you get three free

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

From one August birthday to another, I’m glad you’re having such a great month. Enjoy the demo!

+ TomHoang on August 9th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

So by “both versions” of Qore, do you mean Annual Subscribers and Plus Subscribers? Or do you mean Annual and single episode purchases?

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

+ Jetup on August 9th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

I love you guys (CreatStudios)
Now we all demand a game centered around bacon :D

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

We love you, too, Jetup.

But I cannot confirm nor deny any involvement with bacon. ;-)

+ footballrule on August 9th, 2010 at 10:50 am said:

Woot, glad i’m a Plus member, free Qore with a demo! :)
Can’t wait!!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Thanks, footballrule. We hope you enjoy it.

+ gillettjoe on August 9th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Thanks for replying to so many comments, would be nice if others on the US blog followed your lead.

Can’t wait for tomorrow, TerRover looks like a nice download.

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Thanks so much for reading all the way down here. I can’t speak for the others, but we love to chat with our fans and customers. How else can we know what you wand and like?

+ plaztiksyke on August 9th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

Does the game have 24-bit HD audio? This is PS3, after all :) Creat seems to make their audio levels really loud, both in-game and XMB to compensate for lower quality. We want the dynamic range 24-bit HD audio gets us, not just the loudness :)

In the screenshots, the glow from the eyes doesn’t appear to have any lighting effect on the surrounding graphics. Was a lack of lighting and shader effects a conscious choice?

Glad to hear about local co-op! Let me put in another vote for local co-op for Mushroom Wars, and another vote higher quality audio when Mushroom Wars gets patched!

+ Scott Hyman on August 9th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

Plaztikstyle, thanks for the questions! Great stuff.
    I’ll have to check with the dev team about the audio and the lighting choices. And I’ll be sure to pass the suggestions along to the Mushroom Wars team.

PAGE 1 2