LittleBigPlanet 3

PlayStation Move Event Hits PlayStation Home + Top Gun, Star Wars & More!!!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Aug 11, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

This Thursday, August 12th, the gates to the Presentation Podium re-open to celebrate the release of the upcoming PlayStation Move motion-sensor controller. And we are inviting you all to take part in this exclusive community event, only available in PlayStation Home.

Playstation Home: Move Space PlayStation Home: Move Mini Game

Kicking off first thing tomorrow morning, visitors to the PlayStation Move event space will automatically be granted a unique PlayStation Move controller outfit that will serve as your key to access the full event experience. Don your outfit, grab three of your friends, and commence the team challenge: Coordinate with your team to earn new versions of the controller outfit (denoted by the color variants) until you unlock the ultimate prize, a PlayStation Move outfit complete with the iconic fully animated multi-colored orb. Also available within the space is a limited-edition multi-color PlayStation Move controller outfit that is packed with all-new emotes for your avatar!

Week two of the Empire Strikes Back 30th anniversary celebration continues with more Star Wars costumes – including the Boba Fett Mandalorian outfit (along with Han Solo and Luke Skywalker costumes). While you are in-world eating up all that special Star Wars content, be sure to visit the Central Plaza kiosk and pick up the Yoda Ears (available for free for one week only) and, of course, head to the recently-released Star Wars Cantina and experience one of the franchise’s most famous scenes PlayStation Home-style.

PlayStation Home: Star Wars PlayStation Home: Star Wars

And for those of you who are lucky enough to be attending Star Wars Celebration V this weekend in Orlando, FL, be sure to say “hi” to our friend GlassWalls, who will be hanging out at the PlayStation Home booth (he’s easy to identify – just look for the bright pink hair!)

Paramount Digital Entertainment has just announced that Top Gun – the video game based on the 80’s iconic hypersonic film – will be making its debut on PlayStation Network on Tuesday, August 17. It’s a free-flying combat shooter featuring Maverick, Iceman & the rest of the Top Gun fliers, scripted with new dialogue and combat scenarios by the film’s screenwriter, Jack Epps, Jr., and features two single player & five multiplayer modes (Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Top Gun, Bombing Run & Capture the Flag).

PlayStation Home: Top Gun PlayStation Home: Top Gun

Those of you who purchase Top Gun before August 24 will receive a free limited-edition flight suit for your PlayStation Home avatar. And that’s not all – on Monday, August 16th, at 5:00pm PDT (8:00pm EST), Top Gun screenwriter Jack Epps Jr. will be on-hand in Central Plaza to celebrate and chat with you, the PlayStation Home community! To participate, simply wear your new Top Gun avatar t-shirt, available when you watch the exciting new game trailer in the PlayStation Home Theater this Thursday, August 12th.

PlayStation Home: Sneak Attack PlayStation Home: Sneak Attack

Also releasing this week into the wide world of PlayStation Home is a brand-new game for your personal space (Solitaire), a host of art (Patient Zero, Vlad the Impaler, and Blackbeard artwork from our friends at LOOT! and Sideshow Collectibles), clothing and furniture items from the soon-to-be-released Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (download the demo now from the PlayStation Network), the new Ocean Bubble aquarium, clocks (courtesy of Mass Media), and the hilarious new “Sneak Attack” items (free “traps” that you can place in your personal space that can be used to trick your friends – upgrade these with sound banks that change the gags and also come with special virtual items).

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ polo155 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Very nice and im loving the Starwars Space’s Band!! Home Is Great!

+ Munkeez on August 11th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

I Like To Move It Move It
I Like To Move It Move It
I Like To Move It Move It
Ya Like To (MOVE IT!)

+ Mercenary09 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Very Nice update Home Team! Solitaire for apartments is awesome and looking forward to the Boba Fett Suit. Are we going to get a Darth Vader one by any chance?

+ nickolas82 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Locust!
consider linking home avatars with PSN account someway please!!!!!!

+ UNCyrus on August 11th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Continuous solid weeks of Home content. Nice

+ polo155 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

has the last set of code been displayed in the Central Plaza?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 11th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Not yet! Stay tuned…

+ zekececil14 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

I cant wait for Move, and I cant wait to use it with LBP2!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 11th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

You and me both!

+ unspacy on August 11th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

awesome update getting the star wars stuff are we going to see anything from star trek other than the costume you got with the movie or game from the latest one when those where available im both a star trek & star wars fan

+ KoalaAteYoBaby on August 11th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Why does Lucas Art have to charge so much for their costumes? :( Isn’t Lucas one of the most richest men in america? He should pay his developers more, not make us. I’m not buying anymore Lucas art until they decide that $10.00 CAN for a light saber is too much :(

+ MEGATRONEVIL on August 11th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Very nice update indeed.

+ polo155 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

cant wait to see the new e-notes,.. but new notes without an update, humm thats good to see. Real nice update this week.

+ Digital_Sorrow on August 11th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

Darn it! how long do i have before this goes away? I’m on vacation and i really want to be part of an event. I always have something come up when something cool happens on home. sorry for rambling.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 11th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

You have some time yet. Just hurry up and get back in-world as soon as you get a chance!

+ DeathStrike35 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

I wonder how the personal Solitaire game will work with a boombox and a pooltable and a trigger happy game all in one space active item limits hurt!

+ Blkant on August 11th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Any chase we will ever get the Demon’s Souls content Japans home has?

+ loadstone007 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

@12
You’re on vacation and still visiting the PS Blog? My guess is that you’re with you’re family. (*cue high-pitched laugh*)

;)

+ loadstone007 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:27 pm said:

…I meant: with YOUR family.

+ Shin-Ra on August 11th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

Any PS Move functionality planned for Home?

+ Majin47 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Just realized what’s missing in Home: Blasters. Blaster in hand as well as holstered or over a shoulder. Racks in personal spaces.

Could also do with some $2 instead of $5 lightesabers, a rack collection at $1 each if you’re going to ask for $5, but that’s just me.

+ deadjam421 on August 11th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

Awesome!!! Ive been waiting for the return of the presentation podium for a long time. Its one of my favorite places. I’m wondering about these new emotes… will they be a prize or can we buy them? Also, do the new emotes only work while we wear the Move costume?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 11th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

The emotes only work with the Move costume. This particular version of the costume is a paid-for item. All the other versions (including a fully animated version) are rewards.

+ artform-fazeone on August 11th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

The Home update saga continues.. This is a wicked one.. a 11 out of 10.. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE..

+ bushisprez on August 11th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

Boba Fett costume= Massive Costume SALES!

+ HoIlyWoodCeIeb on August 11th, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

no no no I do not believe wat ma eyes be seein dats so sweet is like his hair be on fire I gotsta get me dat hair how much it be do u kno star mon? is lyke his head be dipped in da fire O_O and lyke dats so cool but it kinda reminds me wen ma gurl ms. brit spears has gotted her hair removed u kno everyone be thinkin she shaved her head but no no she has lighted it on fire so yeah stop da rumors dats what her hair looked lyke for a minute man I want dat fire hair how much it be locust mon

+ LeoMindfreak08 on August 11th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

HOME: FREE STUFF FOR PSN PLUS MEMBERS !!

+ realzoe123 on August 11th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

i dont get it isnt star wars supposed to be about saving the galaxy (key word=wars)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on August 11th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

This is all very cool stuff indeed, loving the flame hair and hope thats for both the guys and the gals. That Move space looks awfully familiar, think I seen it int he UK. Well Home looks alot better than it did a year ago, i just wish you could do something about the LAG that happens in Central Plaza, makes it hard to do fast combos of dance Moves. Come to RnC if you want to see what I mean. I’m there nightly.

p.s. when are the micro r/c hovercrafts/cars coming? and party voice chat.

+ WaveLightning777 on August 11th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Update is overall win.

How much will Top Gun (and thus the flight suit) cost?

+ bigdaddyellis40 on August 11th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

pretty sweet dude. I predict everyone that buys something will be wearing a boba fett costume. lol

+ footballrule on August 11th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Is that Move costumes going to be a freebie outfit? Also, will there be anything related to the Move there that we can purchase?

+ footballrule on August 11th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

How much will Top Gun be? I’ll most likely buy it. :)

Great update btw!

+ fisapo on August 11th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

Thank You Sony, Finally the PS3 is officially supported in Brazil!

The Price is great, for US$1130.00 you can the newest model PS3 Slim 120gb

Good price ahn!? American people should visit Brazil and get this bargain

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 11th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Make a God of War III space

+ kcasa on August 11th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

got my move already having fun with . we got it thru houseparty.com and getting ready for are move party

+ KazeEternal on August 11th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

To think the money for this could have been spent on a PS2 emulator. What a waste.

+ Y2David on August 11th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Looks like another awesum update LS

+ axeguy on August 11th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Hey Locust_star , look its cool that you and your team are giving people so much fun with the star wars, move, Disgae, Uncharted, Indiana Johns outfits ETC ETC, BUT! you guys have to think that not everyone (including me) enjoy some of those outfits, take this as constructive criticism, I WOULD LOVE IT if you update for example the THREADS STORE with some cool nice outfits for people like me and others to wear, or maybe how about the DIESEL store? its been there without any changes since Home opened, thats kinda sad lol , but like i said just take this in consideration and as constructive criticism, i love the job that all of you guys are doing in Home, making it fun and enjoyable, thank for your time! =)

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

@ 26 The suit is free if you buy the top gun psn game before aug.24th you get it as free limited edition outfit

+ gearhead32 on August 11th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

@ 26 Id like to know how much Top Gun will cost i cant find out anywhere im guessing 9.99

+ Lord_Rinja on August 11th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

Hey Locust. I’m glad we are finally getting an official Luke costume (I mocked up my own using a Blue Light Saber, Lockwood Hair and the Snow Speeder Suit). As usual, I will also be looking forward to Solitaire as I try to get my hands on any type of game possible. BTW, I didn’t get to message last week but the Cantina is quickly becoming my favorite hangout. The music is ambient and I feel like I am in the movie.

Ok, so here is my questions for the week: Can you ask Santa Monica to give us some Fat Princess Costumes and Statues for our Personal Spaces. I need more stuff to go with my throne for a future project and I purchased Fat Princess last week during the Summer Sale. The game is so awesome, that I picked up the PSP version as well. Also, if they make these costumes, can we please have more portable weapons. I like the lightsabers but they don’t fit with every costume. I would like to see simple stuff like swords, axes, sheilds, bows, whips and morning stars that can be held in your hand (not sheathed.)

Thanks for the update. I can see you guy are really working your tails off. I’ll be sure to pick up some more Star Wars stuff and the Solitaire game this week. Keep up the good work :-)

+ CaptFrost on August 11th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Boba Fett? BOBA FETT?

Oh, my inner nerd just went absolutely insane. PlayStation Home, I have returned.

+ Francision69 on August 11th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

This is a great update!

+ Feral_Dragon on August 11th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Boba Fett is cool, and guys also get Luke, so what`s for girls?

I think Jawa and Ewok costumes would be hilarious, especially if they made your avatars small when you put the costumes on. I would love to see a bunch of short Jawas and Ewoks wandering about Home! Especially if they walked like in the movie too.

I want a JAWA COSTUME! *pouts*

They`re my fave things in Star Wars since I was a kid, them and Darth Vader. Adorable Jawas in their ginormous Sandcrawler bein all shady and selling robots and making cute sounds xD

+ Ninja-KiLLR on August 11th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

will there be move mini games and stuff in Home once the move launches? its probably yeah just looking for it to confirmed

+ DigitalDevilSaga on August 11th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Look at all those limited-time only freebies to collect in Home! How exciting, see you all in home tomorrow!

+ darkan12-nl on August 11th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

yes! you are invited Locust_Star.

great update again. thank you

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on August 11th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

I love the cantina but the place laggs too much!!!!!
I WARN ALL STAR WARS FANS DON’T GO TO WARDROBE section while in the star wars cantina You will be trapped longer than Han solo was in the “Empire strikes back” LOL
but seriously someone should fix this problem.
Will there be the old ben kenobi outfit????

+ DCS-Tekken on August 11th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

I always wanted a Jaster Mareel costume on Home. YAY! We getting it Tomarrow. YAY!

+ diablo103 on August 11th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

you should have held an event like this for playstation plus

+ KATO-LEE on August 11th, 2010 at 6:20 pm said:

i going to be pissed if the boba fett costume is 1 piece but ill still buy if it is

+ digitalman123 on August 11th, 2010 at 6:24 pm said:

OOh. Another reason to get Move. Might actually buy it now.

+ Tutiquen809 on August 11th, 2010 at 6:50 pm said:

PLEASE I NEED NEWS ABOUT THE PSP SMARTPHONE???? SONY + ANDROID? I REALLY HOPE ITS TRUE. AND HOPE IT COMES TO TMOBILE.

PAGE 1 2