Driveclub

August 17th: New UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins and Dynamic Theme

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Aug 12, 2010 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

While this may not come as a surprise for some of you – as part of Naughty Dog’s continuing support of our multiplayer community, we’re glad to say we’ve got some new UNCHARTED 2 DLC on the way real soon!

Like, next week soon.

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Chloe

On Tuesday, August 17, the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins pack will be available for purchase with the PlayStation Store. After the last two sets of multiplayer skins we released, we heard that you wanted more Sully, more Chloe and more Elena (among many, many other things) – and that’s exactly what we put into the pack. Not to neglect the villains team, we also threw in two enemy characters from UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune – Dillon and Mac – who complete the set we started with Blain and Dutch.

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Sullivan UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Dillion

UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Mac UNCHARTED 2 Multiplayer Skins: Elena

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack includes the following multiplayer characters:

• Heist Chloe
  • Borneo Chloe
  • Borneo Sullivan
  • UDF Sullivan
  • Winter Sullivan
  • Wetsuit Elena
  • Dillon
  • Mac

On the same day, we’re also releasing an UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme for your PS3. As you can see from the screenshots and the embedded video, the Dynamic Theme features a scene from Chapter 15 – Train Wrecked, when a critically injured Nathan Drake is high up in the mountains, stumbling through the snow away from the train wreck he survived to recover the Phurba Dagger.

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skin Pack will be released on the PlayStation Store on August 17 for only $2.99 for the 8 skins. The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Dynamic Theme will be released on the same day $2.99 as well.

PSN: UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme PSN: UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Munkeez on August 12th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

I love the kind of support you give this game

+ BLEACH-Fan on August 12th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Is there anything Naughty Dog cant do? lol :)

+ Zezzler on August 12th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

wow, those skins are cheap compared to the other ones released before! i might have to pick those up.

+ Ashend on August 12th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Looks fun,certainly wasn’t expecting more Multiplayer skins, and its a fairly nice set, and nicely priced as well. Might be the last thing I get before going to college, thanks. I hope this means we still have more DLC yet to see.

+ JaKhris on August 12th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

That’s great news, I’m really looking forward to this. :)

Keep it up Naughty Dog!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Thanks!

+ Heisem on August 12th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Any promotion for plus members?

+ StrykerIsland on August 12th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Does the Dynamic Theme change at all depending on the time or date?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

No, it unfortunately does not. What you see in the video is pretty much what you get

+ Hunter_xx_ on August 12th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I already have too many skin, put another guest character like Kratos and you have a buy

+ EatDeath on August 12th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Oh this is awesome. No bundle with both Skins and Theme?!

+ Bris_Blade on August 12th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Keep up the good work ND :)

+ mouldernet on August 12th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Me Wanty Dynamic Theme Now! :D

+ bnogradi28 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

omg I love this game to death
just got a gamer gasim

+ NJShadow on August 12th, 2010 at 9:11 am said:

There is a VERY good chance I’ll be buying this dynamic theme. Other dynamic themes could learn from this. =)

+ BigBangBear on August 12th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Would love a promotion for Plus members although I doubt it will happen. Great to see the continued support for this game. Always enjoy popping it back in now and again.

+ dehumanizer_666 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

hmm looks cool and all but the theme is really boring.

+ Kane22_ on August 12th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

I will be getting this i have all of your guy’s dlc and i don’t plan to stop getting them cause i really enjoy what u bring but it would be cool if u put jax in the game that would be cool:).

+ Dengarde on August 12th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Any chance we can get more more images? Because I can’t remember what UDF Sully looks like.

+ yazter on August 12th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

No stupid MP trophies please. Thank you.

+ Daddio66NJ on August 12th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Only Dynamic theme I will be buying, I loved both games.

+ Dragonzblaze on August 12th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

im so buying the dynamic theme its pure awesome ty ND

+ joseph2411 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Dynamic theme is awesome!

+ Pelaez_1 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Totally buying both. Hopefully you can release more dynamic themes? I’d love to see the streets of Nepal!

+ BlooodyCow on August 12th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

any chance of bundling the theme and the DLC for 5.99?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

There are no plans to bundle them together, sorry.

+ DZORMAGEN on August 12th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

Wow, great price, and really great that the Devs. are still working on this title. One of my favorite games. I wish you guys add Kratos as a skin one day!

+ scorpio182 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:28 am said:

Looks cool.

@24 why the bundle? it’s $3 each?

+ NoobHunter91 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

I knew this game would get more stuff.. Keep it up! Love uncharted

+ BlooodyCow on August 12th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

@24 scorpio182
why not?
I only have about $6.50 in my account and would like to buy both but $6.50 will not cover both after tax

+ BlooodyCow on August 12th, 2010 at 9:32 am said:

@Arne Meyer
Thanks for the response Arne Meyer.

+ Mysticist on August 12th, 2010 at 9:33 am said:

I appreciate the continued support, believe me. However, I wish you would put more effort into the load times. I’ve bought the add ins so far, but what would make this game stand above the rest is a load time similar to a Call of Duty type game.

+ Korbei83 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Love the theme. Definitely gonna pick it up. Can’t wait to hear about what you guys are working on now… (Big mystery, I know.)

+ Dengarde on August 12th, 2010 at 9:36 am said:

Oh THATS UDF?

Guess it was Borneo Sully that I couldn’t remember. Thanks, Arne!

+ kowhoho on August 12th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

If you use amazon’s downloadable service you will not have to pay tax, though I’m not sure if they sell DLC.

+ kowhoho on August 12th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Oh and as far as this DLC goes? I’ll buy it to A) Support a brilliant dev team and B) to enjoy Elena’s wetsuit sexiness!

+ mywhitenoise on August 12th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Ive been playing this game again, and LOVE it. When I’m finished with the single player, I’ll probably buy the 2 map packs.

I cannot wait for the third game! It’s got a lot to live up to, but I have faith in Naughty Dog. I loved the first game (bought it day 1), but you guys truly made something special with Uncharted 2.

+ Ekisperto on August 12th, 2010 at 9:45 am said:

Finally more skins for Sully!! I once asked you about this, we got tired of getting so many Drake skins while Sully and Tenzin have just one, but now we’ll be able to choose 4 skins for Sully. What’s up next, Arne? Hatless Tenzin maybe?

+ StrykerIsland on August 12th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

Dynamic Themes are great, but I really hope that one day Sony unveils a plan to open them up to greater resources. It’s obvious the file size needs to be microscopic in order to get them in there, I’d love to see more varied, less repetitive themes where you can look forward to random goodies each time you turn on your system.

It’s tough to justify paying 2.99 for one single repeating animation.

Uncharted still rocks the house though, keep up the good work folks.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

We’re actually no limited to filesize but rather the amount of memory/processing we can use to run all the various effects — fog, scrolling, 3D, animation, snow, etc. It’s just a matter of learning how to squeeze more and more out of those limited resources. But for how “simple” our theme looks, it’s still relatively technically involved — our snow and fog are actually full particle effects.

+ Atomika14 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

That theme is so sweet!

+ JetSetFuture on August 12th, 2010 at 9:51 am said:

That’s one very “cool” dynamic theme. (Did you see what I did there?) I’ll make sure to get it in time for winter.

+ RikanMel on August 12th, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

Could you people please add to that sidekick skin pack a double money experience? That would be like the icing on the cake!!!

Thanks for the continuous support for the game!!!

+ igniteryan on August 12th, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

big fan of the game but the theme SUCKS. Drake stumbling through snow. Yay! Amazing!

No. You could have done something else, for example gunfire scenes or scenery. Instead we get a bland animation of Drake walking through snow. Looks like this was made in an hour, no offense ND.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

This actually took us several weeks of work to get something that looks great quality wise and has all that we’re trying to do with it — scrolling, the Drake model and great animation, the particle effects of the fog and snow. Definitely wasn’t easy by any means.

+ AZ929 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Holy Cow! Did the wetsuits say “Ottsel” on them in Drake’s Fortune? I can’t believe I didn’t notice that before.

+ Camdog916 on August 12th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

OMG! That is FREAKING SICK! I can’t wait.

+ BigBoss712 on August 12th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

Those look great, nice theme too.

+ r-nice on August 12th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

I like the theme but creators have to remember that PS3 text is white when they’re creating these themes. I see so many that would be good except they have white where the words are which ruins it because you can’t see.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Since the text is always white, that’s what we were looking at when developing the Dynamic Theme — so we made sure it was readable. Even though our theme has relatively light colors, you can definitely see the menu text.

+ TallCrowe on August 12th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

I like the theme.

+ TomHoang on August 12th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

About time you gave us an Uncharted Dynamic theme!

+ TomHoang on August 12th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Wow, next Tuesday? Thanks for not making us wait a month in advance *cough* stimulus package *cough*.

Also, will they be sold as a bundle?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

+ Arne Meyer on August 12th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

No plans for a bundle – sorry!

+ IrishPete333 on August 12th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

I never buy Dynamic Themes, but I think I will buy this one just to support one of my favorite developers! Keep up the great great work you people at ND are doing.

+ bobnaydaflac on August 12th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Hi i am 53 been gaming since 1978 and this is one of the best games i ever played , hope there will be part 3 sometime soon tks

PAGE 1 2 3