PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The Drop: Week of August 16, 2010 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Aug 15, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

If you have a secret personal collection of Cabbage Patch Dolls and Care Bears, does PlayStation have a treat for you! The Kylosian & Segramites people invite you on an adventure on your PSP, as you adventure through seven distinct worlds. Also, you’ll be able to hunt dinosaurs this week. Wait, what?

The-Drop-Main-Header

Only PlayStation can make Kylosians, Care Bears and Psychopaths make sense in one sentence when we reveal this week’s new releases. Strap on your Sony Walkmans and join me on this week’s The Drop.

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

PlayStation 3

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days With a new visual style inspired by documentary films, you play as the self-medicated psychopath Lynch in the sequel to the 2007 Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. The psychotic duo find themselves in Shanghai’s dark under-belly fighting the criminal underworld and corrupt police forces, while they fight to keep their sanity in check. You can download the demo now on PSN.

Toy Story 3 Hybrid Premium Edition Pixar delivers the original Toy Story film in high definition while packing in Toy Story 3: The Game, all on one single Blu-Ray disc. Emperor Zurg is my personal favorite villain, and having him as an exclusive playable character on PS3 in Toy Box mode gives me a perfect excuse to don my black cape and conduct my symphony of villainy.

PlayStation Network: Top Gun

PlayStation Network

Top Gun – Jack Epps, Jr., the original Top Gun screenwriter, maintains the attitude of the classic 1980s pop-culture film when he returned to write the Top Gun video game. Dodge missiles and return enemy gunfire while piloting your F-14 Tomcat to the sweet nostalgia of “Danger Zone.” Senior Game Designer for Doublesix, Ollie Barder will be on the blog tomorrow with more details. Stay tuned.

Tom Clancy’s HAWX 2 Demo –There’s an alternative for all your air combat needs. Ubisoft evolves aerial warfare with Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X 2 demo, putting you in the pilot seat of an ultra-sophisticated aircraft. Dominate the skies early when the demo drops on Tuesday.

Joe Danger Demo Not convinced that Joe Danger is a must-have PS3 exclusive? You’re in luck — you can download the free demo Tuesday, and brace yourself for awesome.

Ys SEVEN for PSP

PlayStation Portable

Ys: Seven Begin your adventure in Altago City and trek all the way to the Holy Precints of the Wind where the Kylosian people worship the Great Wind Dragon. Sounds pretty epic, huh? That’s because Tom Lipschultz of XSEED Games gave us a one-on-one guided video tour of their ambitious portable title earlier this week. Make sure you ask him about the Segramites, I hear they’re big on lava and brimstone.

PlayStation minis

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunters This new PlayStation mini from Tatem Games is redefining big game hunting by letting players explore huge non-linear locations as they attempt to track down a variety of dinosaurs. But if you’re not careful, the hunter can become the hunted! The full game includes 15 dinosaurs across five environments including pine forests, muddy marshes and rolling hills.

PAGE 1 2

+ Insomnia999 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Great work, Rey.

I hope you guys get Seed Studios to post on the blog about Under Siege. The game looks like it could very good!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on August 16th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Yes, we’ll have the devs of Under Siege on the blog pretty soon. I hear they’re working on some great RTS and PS Move support features.

+ koma1tose on August 15th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

Where the beta’s for plus? i hope i dont have to wait to halloween. tired of trick or treating with scea.

+ MainEv3nt_69 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

isn’t the NHL 11 demo coming out Tuesday?

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 15th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Change the name The Drop sounds like a discount store

+ Antonisbob on August 15th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Woohoo! HAWX 2 demo!!!

+ BigBangBear on August 15th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Really like this new feature and will be looking forward to it each week from now. Keep up the great work.

+ OnesOwnGrief on August 15th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Yep, now I am sure we will start seeing more Blu-ray releases packed with the game as well. This is definitely a nice start for a good game.

+ OnesOwnGrief on August 15th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

Well, I meant Blu-ray movies.

+ gold5225 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

@1 I too am looking forward to hearing more about Under Siege. Especially now that it is supported by PlayStation Move!

+ Kchow23 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

near movie + game on one Blu Ray… looking forward to the Joe Danger demo

+ Kchow23 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

neat*

+ AWESOMEgamer875 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

I might get Top Gun, its pretty good on my iPod Touch.

+ The_PC_Gamer on August 15th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

What about NHL 11 demo???

PLEASE don’t tell me it will be PSN+ only…. =[

+ digitalman123 on August 15th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Toy Story 3 Hybrid Edition? Ooh. Another reasons to try it (Zurg’s another reason!).

+ gdogg666 on August 15th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Ys: Seven all the way!!!

+ Fluidshine on August 15th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Yeah I can’t wait to hear more about Under Siege! I don’t usually play those kinds of games but it looks like a really cool real time strategy game.

+ LuIGi09 on August 15th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

when r they goin to come out with tomba on the PSN please

+ Silvercube on August 15th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

Is the Toy Story 3 Hybrid Premium game available in stores? I can’t seem to find it online anywhere.

+ Chuckbait on August 15th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

I’m interested in what the Playstation Move mini games will be in Toy Story 3. Yey e yey.

+ jelly_bean on August 15th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

@Silevcube
Take a look at Best Buy’s site: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Disney+Pixar+Toy+Story+3:+The+Video+Game+Collector's+Edition+Bundle+-+PlayStation+3/1094535.p?id=1218220378567&skuId=1094535&st=toy%20story%203

Release date will be August, 17th… I will buy it for me also… Great deal for US$ 64,99 ;)

+ jelly_bean on August 15th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

Silvercube, sorry for mispelling your nick name :)

+ jelly_bean on August 15th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

Look for the Toy Story 3 combo at Best Buy… Release date is August 17th ;)

+ Thrasher20 on August 15th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

Nice Toy Story 3 bundle

+ xxnike629xx on August 15th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

nothing interesting as usual…

+ Potocus on August 15th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Hi Rey,
I’m not sure if you can help but is there any way that the team can investigate all these much related issues after Firmware update 3.41? URLS: (http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Updates/3-41-Killed-my-PS3/td-p/45984232/page/12, http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Updates/No-disc-after-3-41/td-p/45997944/page/7) There have been very similar reports of hundreds having this same issue after we (yes, including me) updated to the latest firmware update. Where BDs, DVDs or Games do not play, skip, freeze or return error code: 80029906 (and nope can’t blame the discs because at least BD movies work perfectly fine on BD Movie player) I will much appreciate if you take this into consideration and forward to the appropriate teams so that this issue can be investigated further, I refuse to believe there is a problem with the Bluray drive when it was working perfectly fine hours before this update or that it casually happened to me when the same reports can be found in the forums above.
Please let me know if there are any questions you may contact me directly through my PSN account (POTOCUS) I’ll much appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.

+ AJC3317 on August 15th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

dang if that toy story bundle also came with toy story 2 i would probably get it

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 15th, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

Top Gun, how much $? :)

+ Sancho45 on August 15th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I’ll have to pick up the Toy Story Hybrid some time before too long. And thats so savage that Carnivores is coming out as a mini. I had that game on PC years ago. I wonder if you will be able to use the same cheat codes to get all the guns and be able to fly and run super fast.

+ megalodonshark on August 15th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

what about the psone classics period? here we sit playing hit and miss all year long waiting for classics games, and i get the feeling sony does not want to really try very hard at all.
sony itself has tons of 1st party games they did themselves back in the day, and yet we see hide nor hair of them, what really gives guys?

+ Deak1124 on August 15th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

Rey, where in the world are gaming’s most notorious criminals, Kane & Lynch? Dog Days is easily this week’s biggest retail release.

I get it, they are too crazy to make The Drop.

I’m glad a Joe Danger Demo is finally happening. I heard it’s good, but want to make sure before purchasing.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on August 16th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Deak1124, you’re right! Just added it in. Thanks for the heads up. Kane and Lynch 2 was moved up a week early.

+ retro25 on August 15th, 2010 at 8:13 pm said:

What, no Psone classics this week? Awwww maaan!!!!(looking forward to Ridge Racer and/or Gex 2)

+ Bearsharktopus on August 15th, 2010 at 8:14 pm said:

no Vagrant Story? :(

+ OneFate on August 15th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

Carnivores huh? Awesome. Sounds like a port of Carnivores 2, right? I like the sound of porting old PC games to the Playstation Store as minis. Maybe we’ll get Descent next. I’ll cross my fingers.

+ GJD21 on August 15th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

Why doesn’t Sony just give us the schedule for the next month, instead of this BS

+ phinnv8 on August 15th, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

Where is Castle Crashers?

+ TorgoTime on August 15th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

I can’t find info about this Toy Story Hybrid anywhere and this is the first time I’ve heard of it

+ TheHakku on August 15th, 2010 at 9:23 pm said:

It’d be really awesome if they got the rights to include the classic NES Top Gun as some sort of bonus unlockable. :]

+ BlazeKush420 on August 15th, 2010 at 9:37 pm said:

I hope for that new Zen Pinball table on Tuesday. =)
If not im going to be pissed. Been waiting for the next one since Mars.

+ valley428 on August 15th, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

Top gun looks pretty cool

+ jacob-813 on August 15th, 2010 at 10:27 pm said:

If the top gun on the ps3 is anything like top gun on my iPod, it’s a must get. I just had my bday on the 13th so I am finally able to buy stuff again. Yea!

+ WhiteF8ng on August 15th, 2010 at 11:03 pm said:

obviously the dino game is made for PSP. No way that had PS3 in mind looking the way it does…

+ TreverUndeadXpdX on August 15th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

still no Blacklight: Tango Down. -sigh-

+ Destiny89 on August 16th, 2010 at 1:08 am said:

im glad that a demo is coming for Joe Danger. i have the game since day one but im glad to see a demo coming up because more people will try it out and because i remember before the game releases the company said that once the game is successful they’ll make a demo. really glad it did well :). Joe Danger, Flower and DeathSpank are few examples of how PSN has amazing games

+ zombie9 on August 16th, 2010 at 5:57 am said:

Uncharted 2 multi player skins also!!!!

+ JongJungBu on August 16th, 2010 at 6:41 am said:

It’s too bad Ys Seven releases tomorrow. I still haven’t beat DQ9!

+ GT-420 on August 16th, 2010 at 6:54 am said:

Why is PLUS not included in these announcement?

+ GT-420 on August 16th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

I forgot + is now bi-weekly. Will the next Drop include PLUS announcements?

+ brianace on August 16th, 2010 at 8:15 am said:

If you don’t like Joe Danger, I hate you.

+ megachevpro on August 16th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

SAme stuff. But I cant wait for next week! Its going to be my birthday! Hope I get lucky! Please put AWESOME stuff.

PAGE 1 2