PS4-The Order

Dead Nation: New Zombie Survival Guide Trailer

David Bull's Avatar + Posted by David Bull on Aug 16, 2010 // Associate Product Manager, SCEA

With zombies coming at you from every angle in Dead Nation, you’ll need to know the basics of surviving the zombie apocalypse! Watch the Zombie Survival Guide below:

Dead Nation offers up a variety of weapons to tackle the different zombie types that are after your brains. The combination of the Rifle’s power and accuracy is effective for taking out the big zombies coming at you from a distance. Use your Shotgun when entering tight alleyways and crossing bridges to ensure you stop anything coming at you. Surrounded by a horde of zombies? Whip out that SMG and spray those bullets all directions. And of course there’s my personal favorite: light ‘em up with the flamethrower and watch as a single burning zombie turns into a walking forest fire!

PlayStation Network: Top Gun

Now don’t forget to use the environment and your secondary weapons as distractions. You can fire at vending machines and watch the zombies run towards the spitting cans dispensing from the machine making themselves easy targets for you and your SMG. Now imagine laying a mine down in front of that machine before setting it off: Zombies will rush right up to it and then BOOM!

PSN: Dead Nation - Gameplay

There will be droves of zombies coming after you in Dead Nation. Use the strategies mentioned above in your arsenal but remember: How you take out the zombie apocalypse in your quest for the cure is up to you. Stay alive and happy hunting!

PAGE 1 2

+ BurntOrange32 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Is this coming out soon?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

Dead Nation will be coming out this fall.

+ Psykopathic on August 16th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Looks pretty cool but a lot like that other zombie game that came out a while ago on PSN.
Apocolyptic Something or something like that.

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Other zombie games previously released on PSN were arena-based but Dead Nation has a story-driven campaign, lots of weapon upgrades and many zombie types. It’s a very beefy game with a ton of depth.

+ gor1llap1mp on August 16th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

release date?

+ jpbslayer on August 16th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Wow another zombie game to go with the 10 already on psn -

+ Frazz on August 16th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

I only need to be told when.This game looks great and I cant wait to get my hands on it.I just hope its this year

+ sNsKid on August 16th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Would love to know when this is coming out. >.>

+ x_D0RC_x on August 16th, 2010 at 9:14 am said:

Release date? Local and online co-op? How much?

Need answers for these!

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

All answers to your questions will come through later blog posts. Stay tuned!

+ heycheri on August 16th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

I definitely think this article should include information like, “This game will be available on the PSN”, etc etc.

Unless they haven’t decided that yet.
… Or something.

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 9:31 am said:

Yes, Dead Nation is coming exclusively to the PlayStation Network.

+ heycheri on August 16th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Also, just checked out the reviews.
And to people whining that this game sounds like every other Zombie game out there — uhm, DUH??? Zombie games have been chewed up and regurgitated in different forms for years now. Just chill out and enjoy the gameplay, rather than the story.

It looks like it’s gonna be an original game to me! I definitely haven’t seen anything like this. Not with those graphics, anyways. And that diversion (like shooting the car to distract the zombies) seemed like an interesting tactic.

But it’s just a trailer!
The actual video game will probably (or hopefully, really) have more!

+ DZORMAGEN on August 16th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Typical Sony, just like teasing us! With no street date, or price!!

+ CartBlanche on August 16th, 2010 at 9:21 am said:

Dead Nation has one of the the best looking flame-throwers I’ve seen in any recent game!

+ Thegodslayer on August 16th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

maybe this game would be out already if this company wasnt making more than one game. way to make us wait for everything sony

+ dleo_70 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

“… another zombie game to go with the 10 already on psn -”

Yes, but this time, this one looks like one I will actually buy.

+ Berae on August 16th, 2010 at 9:40 am said:

Give us a damn release date, its been too long. I want to play it now. Thank you

+ darkwing75 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

any idea how much is it?

+ TheWarOrphan on August 16th, 2010 at 9:43 am said:

Whats that secret number 4 at 1:17??

+ T-Jani on August 16th, 2010 at 9:44 am said:

Has this game got status updates? Don’t know if that’s the right word but what i mean is like Modern warfare 2, it tells you what levels your friends are playing, different modes etc..
example (DEAD NATION playing co-op in New york) If not please add this feature its very useful.
Thanks.

+ LUGIEZ on August 16th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

These graphics make this zombie chaos quite sweet. And then watching one newb zombie put a rocket in its mouth before it explodes is something I didn’t expect, but enjoyed immensely.

+ TheWarOrphan on August 16th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

he said beefy game! you that means its $14.99. time to charge my psn account for castle crashers and zombie nation!

+ Link01 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

I just wan’t to know the price range and length… btw, is there online and offline multiplayer?

+ Rhino136 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

Man the PSN network just decided to shoot out games I want to buy this fall. I’ve already decided to skip Scott Pilgrim for now, Shank is coming soon, then Castle Crashers is getting close, then Dead Nation. Thats a lot of $20 PSN cards I need to buy.

+ gumi42 on August 16th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Looking good, I have been waiting too long for this. SuperStar Dust HD was awesome, hoping this will drop early fall and not late fall. Please before the October onslaught of games.

You said story based but is the game more like an arcade game with lives and score, or more like an RPG with one life and some stats or loot?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

Yes, we’re also very excited for the final version of Housemarque’s latest masterpiece.

The game will lean further on the arcade side with lives and score but will also include stats and loot.

+ MiiAmigo on August 16th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Sounds like something I’d take for a spin. Demo please.

+ plaztiksyke on August 16th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

A question about the rendering: why don’t the flaming zombies emit light on the ground underneath them? Everything else looks great, including the muzzle flashes on the gun, but that missing detail stand out to me.

What’s the load you guys are putting on the SPUs right now? Are they all active?

Can we look forward to 24-bit HD audio for the explosions, collisions, and things?

+ VJKdotCC on August 16th, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

NOT AReNA BAsed???

THAT”S WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR!!!!! :)

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

Yay! Thanks for the feedback. :)

+ NeonReaver on August 16th, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

This is the first trailer that really peaked my interest about this game. Housemarque really needs to show off more gameplay in these trailers. I hope that it will be 9.99. Will there be a demo?

+ AlexDrelles on August 16th, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

If any of the magic that’s in Super Stardust finds it’s way into Dead Nation this could be the definitive zombie game for the PSN. I’m excited to see what these guys have been spending their time on.

+ Gitaroo on August 16th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

tell housemarque they need better anti aliasing…..

+ GAM3R_16 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

Definitely buying this day one just because SSHD was that awesome… & because the game look like endless fun!

+ Dardantuan on August 16th, 2010 at 11:03 am said:

The graphics look great, but so far it too closely resembles the other multiple twin stick zombie shooters I already own on PSN… I am going to need a demo to convince me this game is different enough for me to purchase. Zombie stuff, especially in video games lately, is becoming so passe. They fail to excite or shock me much anymore. Just sayin’.

+ AAAChampions on August 16th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

i love the vending machine distractions. can you release details on how one would obtain a new weapon in the game? whether it be a pickup found or an upgrade gained?

any multiplayer confirmed yet?

David Bull's Avatar

+ David Bull on August 16th, 2010 at 11:27 am said:

There are weapon shops at every checkpoint where you can purchase new weapons and upgrade the ones already in your arsenal. Different types of armor can be purchased and upgraded here too.

Currently there is two-player offline co-op but the team is looking into what else is possible.

+ Denuq on August 16th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

been waiting forever for this, cannot wait…..BRAINSSSSSSSSSSS

+ Caudill on August 16th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

Game looks awesome, I’m always up for more zombie killing, will be a day one purchase for me.

…Now if only I didn’t have to wait until sometime in the fall to do so :(

+ MGO_Count on August 16th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

I can’t wait! why is the wait killing me >_<

+ S_Y_N_1_S_T_3_R on August 16th, 2010 at 11:41 am said:

This game looks fantastic! If it has online multiplayer me and all of my friends will buy this.

Please, please, please include online mp. Perfect scenario would be a team of 4 (you and 3 online friends).

+ gumi42 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Thanks David for the response. I like that kinda arcadey but with stats and loot too!!!!

What about in-game music? Nothing better than wasting zombies to some good death metal or psuedo slamdancing blue-grass.

Either way it sounds like a day-one purchase for me.

+ MadMeat001 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

the trailer doesn’t work to me, do it need flash upgrade?

+ polo155 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

saw the post and was like nahh, decided let me READ and Watch the video… WOW THIS IS MINE!

+ sHELLsHOCK619 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I Wish For A Survival Mode….To Add Replay Because once u do the story twice its boring……And Add Online to this Game!!!!!.. Or I Cant Purchase It For My Reasons

+ Edd on August 16th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

I WANT THIS GAME

+ T3mpr1x on August 16th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

Played this at E3 with a member of the development team at Sony’s meeting room/lounge. The lighting was really impressive, as was the stability of the engine. The framerate didn’t dip even with hundreds of enemies on screen. You could definitely see the SSHD influence in the control scheme, it handled very nicely! Can’t wait to review this.

+ SuMizzle on August 16th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

S-s-s-old! Now give us two player ONLINE co-op and I’ll name my next child Housemarque.

+ chrisishizu on August 16th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

It´s kinda like Age of Zombies but in 1080p and some improvements

+ Atomika14 on August 16th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Can’t wait! It’s looking even better than before! I want it now!

+ KwietStorm on August 16th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Huge mistake not having online coop. I can’t understand how soo many of these games are built perfectly for it but don’t include it. This looks so much better than Zombie Apocalypse, and that game had 4 player coop. This might get passed on by a lot of people.

+ spunnups on August 16th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Online Coop Please!

+ Biggz124 on August 16th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

3D-ready?

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 16th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Ummmm…. way to kill with anticipation there. That looked so freakin rad that I can’t wait for this to come out. Day 1 buy for me. Thanks Housemarquee!

Off topic
btw: to everyone!

I know that its a crappy port but i just bought Bayonetta for $19.99 brand new at Best Buy. They’re having a special on it this week. Just got a copy of it. hope its good
*fingers crossed*

+ Blkant on August 16th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

I hope there is a halloween mode or something, pumpkin heads, something… I want a game to finally use holiday themes again…

+ rspzeke on August 16th, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

looks GREAT!…we need a demo :)

PAGE 1 2