Tearaway Unfolded

Aug 16

More $9.99 PSP Favorites in Time for Back-to-School

John Koller's Avatar Posted by John Koller on Aug 16, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! Recently, we announced a number of great new PSP packs will be available this year – the Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle was made available earlier this week, the InviZimals PSP Entertainment Pack will be available this October, and the God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Entertainment Pack will be in stores this November. Now, we’re taking the action straight into back-to-school with a ton of other great games for just $9.99 (MSRP).

Back in June, we debuted the PSP “Favorites” software line, a value line that brings you a great selection of your favorite PSP titles at an even greater price – $9.99. We’ve added more games for you to choose from, some of which are already available now and others that are coming soon, such as Burnout Legends, Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded, Capcom Classics Collection: Remix, Dark Stalkers: Chaos Tower, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Medal of Honor: Heroes, Sid Meier’s Pirates! and many more. To date, we have nearly 25 PSP “Favorites” available in the library and you can expect this number to grow well into this holiday season. Soon, games included in the PSP Favorites library will have “Favorites” on the packaging. Make sure to look out for it when you’re at your local retailer. Here’s a quick reminder of what games we previously announced:

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Silent Hill: Origins
  • The Sims 2
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
  • The Warriors

Now that school’s back in session, Kevin Butler’s favorite protégé is at it again. Starting today, you’ll be seeing the latest Marcus spot on TVs nationwide. Here’s an early look at how Marcus will help you from getting schooled…

You can check out more Marcus videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/marcuspsp.

With great games like Madden NFL 11, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep and InviZimals coming this fall, as well as a whole slate of engaging $9.99 titles, this holiday promises to be a fun one for PSP owners.

Let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

71 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ Tidus755 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

Marcus is the reason I miss KB so much

+ LakerZombie on August 16th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

@Tidus755…agreed. Theres a reason why the KB ads have been so successful. He can act. Marcus is supposed to draw in the kiddies but i’d rather see a KB jr. of some sort appealing to the kiddies. Come on Sony!

+ megamixer on August 16th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

They should have a PSP Favorites section in the PS Store so all of these nice (and future) favorites games can get some more attention. :)

I hope Sony adds Parappa the Rapper to this lineup. The games old and a port of the PS1 classic to boot. Yet its still over $20 on the PS Store! Same with Loco Roco 1 & Patapon 1 and more. Keep that favorites train rolling guys!

+ Chapulin140 on August 16th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

$9.99 SUCKA!! lol

+ JongJungBu on August 16th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

I agree that Sid Meier’s Pirates and Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony ought to come out as PSP Favorites on the PSN Store. Particularly the latter’s awful load times. Unfortunately, I have most of the PSP favorites in this list, but there are a couple I have yet to play that I might consider sooner or later for that kind of price.

+ Tarheel_Mark on August 16th, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

So when’s Marcus going to get his own Twitter feed?

+ PSmonkey on August 16th, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

Jeff Rubenstein,
If the $9.99 game listed above is Williams collection. How come it still is not on the store. =(

My PSP Go is crying for Williams collection (I had Gottlieb the same day it hit psn).

+ iTofuMan on August 16th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

why isnt Crisis Core on that list it was a great and awesome game? hopefully we see it on the Psn soon since its almost been a year since the psp go has been out and havent even touched it in months.

Seriously though you guys really need to stop dissing the ipod since most of the mini’s are just that. Now i am not bashing the Psp. its just that you guy barely support the psp (eg. Games rarely get released in general and good games dont get released on the Psn for psp go users mainly) how about instead of wasting money on LATE advertisement put that money for devs to get their games out on the PSN its sad to think that the Psp Go is a PSP that doesnt even play psp game!

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 16th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

I’m always looking to get some decent PSP games on the cheap. Keep ’em coming.

+ bazelgolem on August 16th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

lol The guy playing “Josh Rose” is the stoner from one of the Jack-in-the-Box commercials!

+ triple_lei on August 16th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Alright… I give up… I’ll just re-purchase WipEout Pure for $15.99…

+ Monetep on August 16th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

I’ll still don’t know why i haven’t played patapon 2, this is a good chance to get it!

+ lm_The_Boss on August 16th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

lol @ people who want KB Jr. I guess you dont like Marcus because he’s black

+ gameboy36 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Wait, the Invizimals entertainment pack will include a PSP?

And I might get Silent Hill, thanks.

+ polo155 on August 16th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

@37, whats wrong with Marcus?

+ MadMeat001 on August 16th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

maybe i will try silent hill during school day

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 16th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

As a marketing device, I find Marcus inoffensive. That said, all of my portable gaming/film-viewing is done on the PSP.

+ MadMeat001 on August 16th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

making fun of the iphone haha, i am sure it wouldn’t air in Canada.
you talk to your grandma, of course i do!

+ MadMeat001 on August 16th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

if i ever bough an iphone or ipodtouch it would be only for their game.

+ LilBayArea on August 16th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

lmao.. was wonderin when marcus was gon show up agian.. 9.99 sucka.. you cant ignore that.. :p

+ Thrasher20 on August 16th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Resistance Retribution?

+ Madkiller32k on August 16th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Patapon 2 is 10 bucks but not Patapon 1, why???

+ Kchow23 on August 16th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

LOL funny stuff… happy I got my PSP Go few months ago

+ scorpio182 on August 16th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Now we are talking!!!!! lol

+ Sekoku on August 16th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

That’s nice…

When is Front Mission 3 and Vagrant Story and Parasite Eve 1/2 and Einhander coming to the US store?

+ cywulf21 on August 16th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

@58 I like Patapon, but if you get Patapon2 there’s no need for the first one, simple as that. Patapon2 has all that the first one had plus lots more stuff, best PSP game hands down :)

+ APVangeliLHS on August 16th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

That commercial was kinda funny…

However the slogan should be “IT ONLY DOES EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE.” Like the PS3 version, but with an extra word tacked on…

Just sayin…

+ HongoXIII on August 16th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

Great commercial, but who knew it would send people into rage on a site like Kotaku. XD Handheld games (PSP or DS) will always be way deeper than almost all games on the App Store.

+ remanutd5 on August 16th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

i have just beaten MGS: Peace Walker WOW what a game !!!, im working on MediEvil Resurrection, Jack and Daxter The Lost Frontier and ModNation Racers after i beat those games i think i will get Twisted Metal Head On before Valkyria Chronicles drops on PSN , hey John when are we getting the God of War Ghost of Sparta demo on PSN ? come on , i want to play it so bad !!!!

+ jwood87 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

PLEASE reduce the price for assassin’s creed bloodlines for the PSP… You can buy the UMD for 17 dollars on Amazon.com or walk into any gamestop and buy it for 20 dollars. You guys have it up there for 40. Come on guys please update this!

+ DiscoJer on August 17th, 2010 at 2:40 am said:

How about adding all older Sony titles to this line? I mean, seriously, you have Untold Legends, one of which was a launch title, still at $15. (I have the UMD, but I want to buy it on PSN because of the terrible loading, but I’m not paying $15+ again for it).

Yes, I realize it’s SoE, but you people at Sony need to realize you’re on the same team and play well together.

And while dissing the iPhone is fun, perhaps you could convince Square Enix to put their PSP games up on PSN, not the iTunes store (Final Fantasy 1&2, and the PSP remake of FFT…)

+ Lucky13X on August 17th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

I just wanted to say Thank You for this Sony. Due to this program, I started out with a PSP and three games for $100. That was about four to five weeks ago. Now I have over 22 games and counting. I believe I have almost all of the $9.99 games you have put out so far(many of which were at this $10 price for the past 3 weeks before yesterday’s announcement), besides the following which I will try and locate for purchase soon.

•The Warriors
•The Sims 2
•Manhunt 2
•Pinball Hall of Fame

+ Lucky13X on August 17th, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Btw, the commercial was great. Keep it up.

+ gambit_gamble on August 17th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

The psp needs more new good games, and where the hell is final fantasy 7: final crisis core for the pspgo you need to fix that now!!!!!!!!!!

+ SaintInWarPaint on August 21st, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Agreed lovin cheaper games, can’t stand marcus, cocky little turd is all he is i don’t wanna think of street trash when i play my psp.

Worst part of it is WHERE THE [DELETED] DID HE COME FROM!?!

Literally it’s just all of a sudden some dumb cocky kid shows up in the world.

+ martymcflurry on September 2nd, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

When the 3DS hits, Sony’s going to need a lot more than a kid who doesn’t even appeal to core gamers to sell PSPs. Why they chose this Marcus kid, I don’t know. The people who are interested in PSPs are core gamers, and those Marcus ads don’t make me want a PSP over an iphone, droid, or even a DS. Sorry Sony, you have a great home console, but you need to work on your handhelds.

+ dreww3 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

lol dissin the iphone :P

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

all right, cool, more great games for cheap prices

+ Sonicfan11589 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

any chances of soul calibur broken destiny and street fighter alpha 3 max going down in price?

+ headwing45 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

Well… you mentioned Kingdom Hearts, so I gotta ask, is it buy-able on the PSP GO?

+ zerolaff on August 16th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

Lame Castle?

+ TomHoang on August 16th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

I haven’t seen these Favorites in stores yet. I’d rather get the UMD than a digital download.

+ Onvertic on August 16th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Some of those titles like Sid Meier’s Pirates! and Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony are UMD only. Why dont you add them to the ps store? Also, why Manhunt 2 and The Warriors are $14.99 on the ps store not $9.99?

+ SpeedRacer1955 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:17 am said:

Great Commercial but I might have used “Fool” instead of “Sucka” since the phonics for those hard of hearing could confuse it with the “F” bomb slang. But if that is what it is then it is to be what it is…

+ MakulaTolkien on August 16th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

“Pinball Hall of Fame” as in PHoF: The WILLIAMS Collection?

John Koller's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 16th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

It’s the Williams Collection.

+ polo155 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

all i kno is i love my PSP Go and i hope more support comes to it for apps and browser.. i use skype on it as my main phone phone over a year now since i started using a ps3, wish they update the skype app too so i can text

i love my PSP Go and i hope they add Books to the comic app netflix, HuluPLUS AND MLB to SP Go’s xmb or make it Remote Playable…

I Love My PSP Go and Actually watch HDCTV and my DVR from it via LocationFree LF-v30

+ CurmudgeonGamer on August 16th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

Which version of Pinball Hall of Fame? The Williams Collection or the Gottlieb Collection? I already have the Gottlieb Collection on my PSP Go, but would immediately buy the Williams Collection if it would just go up on the PS Store!

+ Insomnia999 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Hey John,

Why no motion control in the navigation controller? The Wii does it. I want core Move games with dual motion control!

When are we going to receive the top requested features on PS Blog Share?

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

That was an awesome commercial. I don’t see why Marcus would get any flak for speaking the truth! I mean the psp is a seriously awesome machines with so many good games. Those are some awesome deals and he seems to be the perfect person to finally shut the naysayers who believe the psp has no games. I’m going to go download silent hill: origins now……

+ arnoldmcguire335 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

Well more game for my pocket. still wondering if Patapon 2 is available as a UMD (since I saw the box for it at Best Buy that Friday and it shows the UMD logo)?

PAGE 1 2