Street Fighter V

Aug 16

More $9.99 PSP Favorites in Time for Back-to-School

John Koller's Avatar Posted by John Koller on Aug 16, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! Recently, we announced a number of great new PSP packs will be available this year – the Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle was made available earlier this week, the InviZimals PSP Entertainment Pack will be available this October, and the God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Entertainment Pack will be in stores this November. Now, we’re taking the action straight into back-to-school with a ton of other great games for just $9.99 (MSRP).

Back in June, we debuted the PSP “Favorites” software line, a value line that brings you a great selection of your favorite PSP titles at an even greater price – $9.99. We’ve added more games for you to choose from, some of which are already available now and others that are coming soon, such as Burnout Legends, Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded, Capcom Classics Collection: Remix, Dark Stalkers: Chaos Tower, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Medal of Honor: Heroes, Sid Meier’s Pirates! and many more. To date, we have nearly 25 PSP “Favorites” available in the library and you can expect this number to grow well into this holiday season. Soon, games included in the PSP Favorites library will have “Favorites” on the packaging. Make sure to look out for it when you’re at your local retailer. Here’s a quick reminder of what games we previously announced:

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Silent Hill: Origins
  • The Sims 2
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
  • The Warriors

Now that school’s back in session, Kevin Butler’s favorite protégé is at it again. Starting today, you’ll be seeing the latest Marcus spot on TVs nationwide. Here’s an early look at how Marcus will help you from getting schooled…

You can check out more Marcus videos at

With great games like Madden NFL 11, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep and InviZimals coming this fall, as well as a whole slate of engaging $9.99 titles, this holiday promises to be a fun one for PSP owners.

Let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

71 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ evildude683 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

What about fat princess?? damn!

+ CrimsonPaw on August 16th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

Looks like Sony’s starting to wisen up to the price game. It would be nice to get some more PSOne Classics in the mix as well (I’m looking at you Tenchu and G-Police), but most of all can you give us the PS Store ratings on the PSP Store? I’d like to be able to see what the users think of games before I buy them.

+ DWeezy91 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

I’m not a huge fan of the PSP commercials, but even I gotta say that you guys hit the nail on the head this time.

+ Vu_Prime on August 16th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

How about some Hot Shots Tennis: Get a grip!? Love it but I kinda don’t wanna pay $20 for it. Yeah I’m cheap but then again I ain’t gettin a hard copy for downloading it am I?

+ Korbei83 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Step Yo Game Up and start mandating PSN releases for PSP Go.

+ polo155 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

opps! i mean for 2 1/2 years* But i just read other comments John, are you serious that these titles are mostly UMD? I soarly hope not tho there no titles i really ant from that $9.99… i pay whatever price for what i want but i need opions… games for downoad seriously should NOT be same price as UMD and box art… at least $5 to $7 off at the least i use media just as much as i game, i’m loving the New Archos mini computer type PMP and its a excelent replacement for my psp go but im not trying to do that but im finding my eye wondering JOHN so shake ya [DELETED] plz, thank you.

+ TheAlbraskan on August 16th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

I have to admit, that commercial was pretty good. Might also look into Patapon 2 now.

+ polo155 on August 16th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

@14 i believe Patapon2 is available via PSN, a copy of the Demo was on my PSP Go when i bought it #@launch

+ Hellman on August 16th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

Take a note sony all games should be $20 bucks or less! This is a good move but way to late. When you release the psp2 make sure the games are cheap and you’ll see an increase in sales. Why do you think the iphone games are doing so good? They are mostly under 5 dollars.

+ Blaketoberfest on August 16th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

I bet Steve Jobs is going to be so mad when he sees this commercial, lol. :P

+ CDubyahS on August 16th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

kewl buy em all for less than 8 PS3 ripoffs

+ depward on August 16th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Huge fan of the PSP. However, being a 28 year-old, this “Marcus” marketing angle doesn’t speak to me whatsoever.

+ MG_Raiden on August 16th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

When Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters??

+ KazeEternal on August 16th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Holy [DELETED] you guys salvaged this character…. I take back what I said. keep it up. Push this sucker across all age groups please.

+ hush404 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

Love cheap games. Hate Marcus.

+ saintaqua on August 16th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

I’m 28 and I thought he was funny.
But if he called me and was that mean I think he’d hurt my feelings. :(

I wish all PSP games were cheaper, I just find it hard to spend $40 on a handheld title these days. Though I’m definitely getting KH BBS!!

+ perrandy on August 16th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

this last commercial made me lawl really hard.however,now that you are posting here mr koller i’m gonna say that please improve or add a new browser for the ps3 because the one that we have right now just plain sucks.

lastly, nice to see those price drops.too nad that we dont have an rpg game in that package..oh well :0

+ LakerZombie on August 16th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

Anyone else notice the “iphone” guy is the same guy from the Jack in the Box stoner “taco” commercials :) Look up JIB taco commercials and its the same dude lol…..oh ya and nuts to Marcus…having him prop the PSP makes me think the PSP is just for kids ……sony thats not a good thing :(

+ JDWRudy25 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:26 am said:

two things, wtf is up with the LocoRoco 2 case? and i love that the new ‘favorites’ label doesnt clutter up the box art! now about those red ps3 cases…..

+ asimm1 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

Yeah S9.99+TAX

+ Demonhunter84 on August 16th, 2010 at 9:41 am said:

$9 is perfect for PSP Favorites, handheld games cost alot now a days up to $40. I might look into getting a PSP later on this year with your new Favorites being $10. Makes me want more older titles to be discounted to $9.99.

PAGE 1 2