PS4-The Order

Available This Fall: New PS3 System Models Featuring 160GB & 320GB Hard Drives

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Aug 17, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! If you’re like me and use your PS3 to store all your favorite digital content, larger storage capacity is a must. This fall, we’re introducing two new models of the PS3 system– a 320GB PS3 system, which will be included in the PS3 Sports Champions Move bundle; as well as a 160GB PS3 system, which will be available as a standalone. These new higher capacity models will continue to offer the same advanced features and functions of the current models, but with approximately 33 percent more capacity and at compelling price points.

PlayStation 3 - 160GB Model

The 160GB PS3 system brings you more storage for the same price as the previous model — $299.99 (MSRP) — and is shipping to retailers nationwide now. The 320GB PS3 system will hit store shelves on September 19, in conjunction with the launch of PlayStation Move. It will be part of the PS3 Sports Champions Move bundle, which includes one PlayStation Move motion controller, PlayStation Eye camera, a copy of Sports Champions on Blu-ray disc, and bonus Blu-ray game demo disc– all in one complete package for $399.99 (MSRP). The value included in this bundle is incredible and we know this will further add to the exceptionally high demand for the new platform.

PlayStation 3 - 320GB Move Bundle

These new, larger hard drives mean more room for storing all the great content that PlayStation offers: thousands of games, movies, TV shows, as well as your personal photos, videos, music and so much more. There’s never been a more convenient, cost effective way to join the PlayStation family and bring the future of entertainment into your living room.

Next month is set to be a historic one for us here at PlayStation – you’ll be able to pick up high capacity PS3 systems and come September 19, you’ll be able to purchase PlayStation Move, the new and innovative motion gaming experience for the PS3 system that delivers the most realistic and immersive high-definition gaming experience ever created. The future of gaming has arrived and PlayStation is the force behind these innovations.

Enjoy!

114 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ trainedkillerA1 on August 18th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I still think the origional 60gb ps3’s are the best, why do people keep buying new consoles just because they have a bigger hdd. Just buy a bigger hdd and replace the old one. ???

+ Gman_Eddie on August 18th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

what is the price tag on the 320gb model?

+ x_SolidSnake_x on August 18th, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

Buy that, or do what I did, buy a new Lap top HDD 500GB o-0 it’s easy to do, just youtube it and see.

+ mickyski on August 18th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

This is great!Its to bad i can get it since im broke!Watch out cause you have competition now.Xbox 360 made Xbox 360 S(Slim)basically copying us.

+ Aeolus426 on August 19th, 2010 at 2:03 am said:

thanks a lot SONY now i regret buying my ps3 and i’ve had it for less than half a year ^^

+ jaserious on August 21st, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

How about actually dropping the price instead of always adding HDD space and keeping the price the same?

I’ve been without a PS3 for over a year now ever since my 20GB model got the ylod. 360 has been more than enough in the mean time.

But I’ll buy it again once it hits the sub $300 price. At this stage of the generation your the only console to still be in the $300 range. We should be seeing the PS3 hit the $250 range by now….

It be awesome if you guys did something similar to the 360 slim and sell one for $199 with a very small hard drive. I could just throw in my own 250 GB hard drive I already have in it.

+ xanthene–x237 on August 21st, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

Where is the white 320gb ps3.

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on August 21st, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

I kind of feel ripped of because bought be 80 Gig Ps3 when it was about 400 Dollars and now for the same price You get 320 Gigs, PS Move, DUALSHOCK 3 cont., Move Demo, PS Eye, and Sports champion. :(

+ el_anti_zs on August 21st, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

hi, why my army of two the 40th day stops when i browse online games? help please…

+ HanX37 on August 22nd, 2010 at 11:03 pm said:

What is the point of upgrading your PS3’s hard-drive which is never fully used ?
Sony – Are you trying doing sth st*p*d like MS’s Xbox360 ?
I could understand why Xbox360 HD needs more capacity ’cause its games could be installed in hard-drive for balance of its weakness. But PS3 is different story, Bluray disc run without any problems so far, SO why keep making another ones with bigger HD ? Why not making PS3 with backward compatibility ? There some PS2 games I’d like to try out, and I know that there are alot of people would like this idea as much as I do. Why can PS games be played on PS3 but PS2 games cannot ?
To me, I owned 120GB PS3 and newest Xbox360, there is no reason to buy something having same function like old ones. It’s a waste of money, guys !!! Or Sony, if you’re gonna produce new system, shall you take notice of CPU and GPU or function next time, HD is fine with 250GB, don’t add more for the sake of the Earth. (*_ *!

+ Vu_Prime on August 23rd, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Blows my mind why they keep upping the storage. Why not just drop the price point and let the user decide when they want to upgrade their HDD. Isn’t that the reason the PS3 has an easy access HDD slot? I think most people would rather pay $50 less for a smaller HDD than more for a bigger HDD. Total backwards thinking Sony. Totally backwards.

+ Dbzlotrfan on August 27th, 2010 at 7:33 pm said:

Release a 320 GB version WITHOUT move. Some of us don’t want that piece of crap.

+ venezuela52 on August 31st, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

UNCHARTED 3 (where is drake from hint from the game)

+ coolkid509 on September 4th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

i dont see y they dont make a ps3 with the hardrive removebele so they can just by an extra harddrive be mutch betteer and u could take yr harddrive up yore frends (=

PAGE 1 2 3