Driveclub

gamescom 2010 Live Blog

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 17, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

I’m not in Cologne, Germany, for gamescom. You’re not either. But that’s OK; James Gallagher from PlayStation Blog Europe is – and he’s liveblogging today’s PlayStation press conference for all of us.

The event gets underway at 9am Pacific/noon Eastern/6pm CET.

Once the press conference is over, the fun begins – make sure to refresh the Blog at approximately 11:30am Pacific to see some of the trailers James was just describing to you.

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

YES!!! RESISTANCE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DaveedT13 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

No Uncharted 3… :( …but happy for Resistance fans! Ratchet and Clank with coop is not a bad news at all if you ask me, IGN confirmed that it’s supports coop online AND offline, a BIG step in the right direction on PS3!!! :) (coop games, online AND offline are too rares on PS3)

+ Cobra1 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Any chance you guys are ever going to give us details on GT5 or are we just buying blind?

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

I almost thought for a second there when they showed Ratchet & Clank that they canceled plans for Resistance 3. I was really sad for a second, but then they announce it!
Will we be able to download that trailer sometime soon?
WooHoo that totally made my year!!!!!!!!
RESISTANCE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TripG on August 17th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

I still don’t get the fuss about 3D or Sony’s insane belief that everyone who just bought HDTV’s in the last few years is going to drop another 3, 4, 5, or 6 grand on a 3D TV! Good lord, doesn’t this company read economist magazines to see that the demand and trend line for adoption is incredibly low. We still can’t even get blu-ray to penetration levels of DVD. Why cater to a market size that is less than 4% of the total gaming market?

+ Ji66saw on August 17th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

HELL YES!! THEY MADE COLE BACK INTO HIS OLD LOOK!!! I wonder if they’ll keep the tatts tho

+ SkateZero246 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

wow I guess I wasn’t the only one who jumped to conclusion that resistance 3 wasn’t getting announced sry IG i’ll never doupt you again

+ TheGuardianFID on August 17th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Great job James, thanks for covering the conference, R3 and R&C FTW!!! o_O 8)

+ Sly_08 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Now release that Resistance 3 Teaser dammit!!

YOU ARE TESTING MY PATIENCE :P >_<

+ lenandude on August 17th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

RESISTANCE 3! YES! YES! YES! Man… Good job at trying to fake us out by announcing the new Ratchet and Clank first… I almost thought there would be no R3 announcement there for a second.

+ DaveedT13 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

@tripG : I agree, that (economics) and the fact that 3D is still a “gimmick” in a sens like the 3D 20-30 years ago. We still can’t see the 3D model, the “3D” effect don’t add informations to the image, we don’t see the “side” of the objects thrown at us, it’s hard for our brain because it’s “false/faked reality”, that and the fact that we just entered HD with more details in our image…and the 3D adds blur, yeah, definitely, and hardware will sometime have to lower the resolution to be able to render the multiples 3d images so…we’re going back in graphics…I’m really not into it before a REAL innovation in 3D…

+ tiger7758 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

How’d you get all the posts ready so fast? were they written ahead of time?

+ ICU-KILLA on August 17th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Yes I got what I wanted R3 is coming I hope thery take it back to the R1 type set up.

+ ICU-KILLA on August 17th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

I will have mt 3D TV very soon it will Be the new Sony 3D TV LED at lest 50in so I can play Killzone in 3D and hopefuly R3 In 3D

+ TwinDad on August 17th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Of course they were pre-written. Check out the bottom of his Gamescom live blog post. It said come back at 11:30 to see what they talk about. They knew what was going to be shown. No good would come of keeping your PR people in the dark.

+ vinchia on August 17th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

the trailer for resistance is on kotaku

+ JSC31994 on August 17th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

i kinda found this boring i thought the were gonna talk about the PSP2 or something new we WEREN’T expecting. The only thing that i found kinda cool is the co op ratchet game and im not a big ratchet fan im just a real big fan of co op adventure games.

+ Thrill_Kill on August 18th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

Great information, however, the only thing that has surprised me so far, was Mass Effect 2 finally coming to PS3. You guys need to think smart on this one, and get both Mass Effect games on one Dual Layered BluRay disc. Give it a slightly different name, as was done with Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma by Tecmo. And add some slightly updated graphics (for the first Mass Effect), nothing major, just some tweaks.

This kind of game would sell double the amount for sure, even at a $69.99 cost for a “special edition”. Most people want to experience the first Mass Effect before the second one, and playing it on the PC is not entirely the same. Please try to make it happen.

And lets hope Resistance 3 is like Left 4 Dead with 4-6 player campaign online AND offline, but in the Resistance world. That would make for a great change, and the trailer makes it look that way.

+ afiaz53 on August 27th, 2010 at 6:15 am said:

when is the gamescom media briefing coming to playstation store.

PAGE 1 3 4 5