Final Fantasy XV

Aug 17

Aug 17

inFAMOUS 2 gamescom Trailer

Wilson Cheng's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

We’re really excited to share with you the stunning new gamescom trailer for inFAMOUS 2. It has all the things you could want: new looks of New Marais, monsters, running pedestrians, and an electrified Cole being in the center of it all (who by the way should look a little more familiar. Check it out below!

Add Your Own

Zee_009 said:

August 17th, 1:00 pm

Sucks to be sucker punch. Forced to change a major character design back to the way it was before. Gonna be a great game though. I hope Cole still has that cool jacket of his…

Ashend said:

August 17th, 1:19 pm

D: I can’t comprehend all the ‘New old new/old old new’ stuff, but I’m glad you’ve changed it back, I know some people liked it, but there was something more likable about his old look and attitude that felt better considering the enemies and setting he was placed in.

His new look was nice, but after reading the ‘Ben Affleck’ article on Destructoid, the new Cole lacked some originality that he had and felt to mainstream like all these other characters hopping on the ‘Uncharted’ band wagon.

salar_teymourii_ said:

August 17th, 1:25 pm

it’s good old cole is BACK but i loved the new cole more than old cole

jabman025 said:

August 17th, 1:35 pm

glad the old Cole is back, never liked the “backstreet boy” Cole. I the old voice actor comes back as well.

dojikyo said:

August 17th, 1:38 pm

Oh, hey it is the generic gruff Cole. Because that look wasn’t played out by Alec Mason, his brother and the general in Red Fraction. Or Nathan Hale in R1 and R2. And so forth.

Just out of curiosity, since there is already a hipster Cole, how about letting people play as that, either as a skin or a morality unlock? ie. Evil or rather Punisher Cole is the grim, bald space marine, while your friendly neighborhood Cole gets the hipster look. It’ll allow advertising to use both versions.

sagejonathan said:

August 17th, 1:43 pm

Still pumped for this one!

SeanScythe said:

August 17th, 1:56 pm

@ #49 mixedkidbx STFU!

Cole can evolve his powers but they don’t need to redesign the character to someone else. They don’t change Kratos, Snake, Rachet, and all the others into someone new. They can change their cloths and give them different hair but not the way the character looks. Imagine if they did that with Drake each game, you wouldn’t have the same attachment to the character.

NOTNERT_7268 said:

August 17th, 1:56 pm

I hope the game has an online mode. They should make it similar to Uncharted 2’s but make it significantly more user friendly to get into the matches.

Jeigh said:

August 17th, 1:56 pm

The funny thing is that no ones really upset about the change-back itself- they’re upset that the people who hated the new Cole got their way. It’s the Anti-anti-Hipster-Cole group.

However, the look was actually a minor matter for me, compared with the voice change. All the same, clearly they put some effort into appealing to their fans and, knowing what I do about game design, I know that is no small matter. ‘Course, if they just threw in some quick introduction-animation-scene about Cole switching bodies through some magical mumbo-jumbo (maybe he was close to death or something), they could’ve explained away the whole matter. Hell, they still could. Honestly, I’m not certain that’s what they had in mind from the beginning- I have trouble believing they’d believe people wouldn’t have had a problem with that kind of change. People stop watching entire shows when voice-actors are changed.

NOTNERT_7268 said:

August 17th, 1:57 pm

very true but the original cole looked very generic

MrSignal said:

August 17th, 1:58 pm

Ya guys mind putting in new Cole as an alt “skin”?
Sorta like how Jaks goatee was optional.

Despite some of the more vocal haters, Some of us were okay with it seeing as it was very plausable. Considering the situations of course.

Otherwise, glad to see a little bit of this new city.

Blkant said:

August 17th, 1:58 pm

You guys are awesome for listening to us, Thank you! :)

Also, if hes in New Orleans, maybe he can visit FL too? :P There are no games set here :P

FireDragonGod said:

August 17th, 2:02 pm

OLD COLE IS BACK HOPE THE OLD VOICE IS 2

mangairee said:

August 17th, 2:16 pm

Yeah, I actually wasn’t too upset with the new Cole but whatever. Looks good

digitalman123 said:

August 17th, 2:19 pm

Yes! No new Cole! Come on! What’s the release date??

MassacreBlade94 said:

August 17th, 2:29 pm

YES!! Old Cole and Lightning storm are back! Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Senoq said:

August 17th, 2:43 pm

WoW! This trailer gives me goose bumps! The song fits perfectly The environment and the textures looks so bad [DELETED]. Can’t wait to play the game!

drdre74 said:

August 17th, 3:16 pm

This is what I like to see. A studio that listens to feed back from fans and does the right thing. This the Cole that we all love and I’m glad he’s back from the grave.

ajritchie said:

August 17th, 3:55 pm

Old Cole FTW!!!

Thanks, Sucker Punch, for listening to your fans. My faith in you is renewed. This is back to being a pre-order, pre-paid, take a personal day purchase!

Also can’t wait for the Sly Collection.

Destiny89 said:

August 17th, 4:35 pm

Amazing job guys, cant wait

clupula668 said:

August 17th, 4:39 pm

I am so glad you listened to us. I now promise to buy this first day (I had been thinking of not buying it at all, with the new design, but now that that’s fixed, I’m back onboard).

A bit off-topic…is there going to be a blog post about the PS3 Mass Effect 2 that just got announced today?

wanethemane93 said:

August 17th, 4:44 pm

As a New Orleanian and a Sucker Punch fan, I can’t wait for this game. First, to continue Cole’s adventure. I know that Sucker Punch is make a great game. Second, I can’t to explore the city that is inspired by New Orleans. Keep up the good work guys and can’t wait to play inFamous 2.

Keysersoze10033 said:

August 17th, 4:47 pm

The real Cole is back! Bring it on!

wolfzero1 said:

August 17th, 4:52 pm

glad the old Cole is back, I didn’t think the new look really fit the character, but I can see how some people might. the trailer looked pretty cool & I liked the song used in it.

koma1tose said:

August 17th, 5:03 pm

HEY WHAT HAPPEN TO MY ABILITY TO LISTEN TO MY MUSIC ONLINE. WHAT DID SCUMBAG SONY STEAL FROM ME NOW . I WANT ANSWERS ! I WANT ANSWERS ! I WANT ANSWERS!

CaineBartle71 said:

August 17th, 5:18 pm

I got an idea to settle this: What if we get old Cole for being evil and new one for being good. But being as this old Cole had blue in his lightning it seems as though we are stuck with old cole. But that’s ok :)

gdogg666 said:

August 17th, 5:24 pm

F yea now did i see distroyable enverement? :D man sony u guys r gunna make a guy even more broke in 2011 lmao lucky for me my bday is in dec so all bday money will be going to alot of thoses games dead space 2 infamous 2 the now mass effect 2 man ive lost count lol

BurningHerpes said:

August 17th, 5:45 pm

I’m so happy the made cole look like the old cole……that other cole just looked like drake

explosive78 said:

August 17th, 5:45 pm

One of the greatest trailers ever. Who was that song by?

Orgigami said:

August 17th, 5:49 pm

I dunno guys…I liked the new cole…it made sense that his hair grew out, he was on the run. The shirt was awesome too, simple and left clear indications of where his arms and head were, allowing easy point recognition in the more hectic moments of the game.

I liked all of his tattoos, those alone added alot more depth to the character, the various bike messenger tattoos helping to define his free spirit.

Also his pants were freakin’ [DELETED].

I’ll still buy your game in a instant, but I would personally love to see his original look released as DLC or something.

Maybe as a series of unlockable costumes? I saw some of the drawings done up by massive black, and I gotta say, there were some creative costume and accessory choices that would’ve been interesting to see pan out.

Good luck with the game guys, but too bad about the new Cole in my eyes,

Being a Cole myself, I liked the fact that he slowly but surely was turning into a carbon copy of myself. =D

-J Cole

Kenshin71 said:

August 17th, 5:54 pm

How about SP give a good reveal of the Cole design? I’m happy SP listened to the fans. The Xtreme/Drake Cole should stay in the dustbin of history. It was a bad decision to change his look to unrecognisable as the Cole in the first game.

Zinacef said:

August 17th, 6:29 pm

If I wanted to see art – still shots with accompanying music, I would’ve gone to a museum or art show!

Blkant said:

August 17th, 6:40 pm

Wait, this isn’t The Animals version, who did this version of The Land of the Rising Sun? I think I like it a little more.

Bris_Blade said:

August 17th, 7:26 pm

So excited for this game!! 2011 can’t come soon enough.

Wheresatom said:

August 17th, 8:38 pm

Thank you Sucker Punch! Glad to have the character that I bonded with through several playthroughs back.

Can’t wait to play this game!

KilledInSilence said:

August 17th, 9:55 pm

am I the only one who hated the first Infamous Cole? He looks like a pedophile criminal… now he looks like a hip pedophile criminal.

Kenshin71 said:

August 17th, 9:59 pm

Actually I just saw some gameplay footage with the new Old Cole and he still doesn’t look right. He looks like an angry cancer patient, a bit too thin and kind of mean looking. :(

maverick34jjv said:

August 17th, 11:15 pm

Why don’t both the new Cole and Old Cole be placed in the game? At the beginning of the game, let the player choose.

zaster100 said:

August 17th, 11:59 pm

@mixedkidbx you dont change your man characters face in a series look at any tv show with fighting as the show goes on they get more abilities or skills you cant say they need to do this cause they changed this even i comic books the character stays the same if they get new powers

Rass1968 said:

August 18th, 1:29 am

Where did you see the old Cole? The old one had really short hairs but this one?

lulzkiller said:

August 18th, 4:01 am

amazing trailer, looks like it’s gonna be an amazing game

Seiven said:

August 18th, 6:46 am

Glad to see they went back to the older style look…the “new” Cole looked like a boy band member…glad the “new new” Cole looks like the “old” Cole…wait…yeah that’s right =P

XxTH3IFxX said:

August 18th, 8:36 am

wow after seeing the new cole i dont like how they changed him back after getting used to it i like him with the hair… i hope they have his hair as an unlockable or something cuz it wasnt bad. his new clothes look kinda hoboish in this vid tho. LOVE INFAMOUS 1! CANT WAIT FOR 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XxTH3IFxX said:

August 18th, 8:37 am

@maverick34jjv I TOTALLY AGREE

striped_man11 said:

August 18th, 9:25 am

I liked the original Cole but Thought the new cole was overall better voice and all. The new new clothing is terrible jeans and a t shirt? His english looking chaps and blue shirt were better.

iamlorddrift said:

August 19th, 12:42 am

I find it’s ridiculous how much people are complaining about how he looked.
First, people complained about the first design, so Sucker Punch changed it. Now, people are complaining about the new.
Does it really matter how he looks? I mean, i doubt anyone here wouldn’t purchase the game because the character design wasn’t to their liking. Most people here are commenting about the character than the game-play, which i find stupid. Cole has changed. Deal with it.

djoboy said:

August 19th, 5:50 pm

just him the jacket he looks odd or do what ever

D0ughb0y211 said:

August 19th, 6:26 pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

djoboy said:

August 20th, 1:12 pm

just gave him back his jacket those clothes make him look weird and head seem more bigger when compare to his body. But the trailer looks awesome because it already a day one buy for me so yea

DirjelJunshin said:

August 20th, 4:59 pm

Hahahaha

In the logo, the Cole silhouette still has hair.