PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Killzone 3 gamescom Multiplayer Trailer

Steven Ter Heide's Avatar + Posted by Steven Ter Heide on Aug 17, 2010 // Game Director, Guerrilla Games

These are exciting times for Guerrilla. It only seems like a couple days ago that we showed you the first glimpse of Killzone 3’s campaign mode. But here we are, more than two months later, ready to give you an exclusive taste of the multiplayer mode ahead of our gamescom press demo.

Killzone 3’s multiplayer mode adds heaps of new features to the strong fundamentals laid by its predecessor, creating a fresh multiplayer experience that everyone can enjoy. It offers 2 new game modes, a new matchmaking system, vehicles, Brutal Melee attacks and more ranks, abilities and rewards than you can shake a stick at!

The trailer contains never-before-seen footage from one of the multiplayer levels, called Corinth Highway. It is situated on the edge of Pyrrhus, the city which was nuked by Visari in an attempt to decimate the occupying ISA Forces. Now, a handful of surviving ISA and Helghast troops find themselves fighting for every square inch of remaining infrastructure in this broken city, while on the other side of the Pyrrhus River a new theater of war is already developing. The Corinth River level demonstrates a number of exciting multiplayer features, including Exoskeletons – the first of several player-operable vehicles in Killzone 3.

Enjoy this Killzone 3 multiplayer trailer, and please let us know what you think in the comments!

114 Comments   1 Reply

+ OpticaL_FibRe on August 17th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Am I the only one that doesnt like all this extra rubbish they have added? Why do mp’s need vehicles to be good?

+ SAV-L on August 17th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

think I need to change my shorts

+ GAM3R_16 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Was that the exoskeleton from Killzone 2 in the multiplayer? Awesome!!

+ HappyCakeOven on August 17th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Oh hi.

+ PushinNshovinMe on August 17th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

I was holding my breath for Mechs in KZ2 MP, thought your Exoskeleton mech was sweet in the campaign, just didnt get enough of it.

Well hopefully not much has changed with the MP, was my favorite since Warhawk.

+ Force_141 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

looks epic, only have one complaint, NEW GUNS!!! all ive seen is the wasp, dont get me wrong that thing looks awesome, but can we plz have some new normal guns, cuase i havnt seen any so far

+ mvazquez122 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

OMG!!!!GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DESSILATOR on August 17th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

vehicles??? well that pretty much seals the deal on me not getting this game. you dont add vehicles to online shooters. why? because then maps are huge and force you to go across the whole thing on foot if you miss it.

also that trailer is terrible. way 2 much orange to see anything.

+ AngelMayLaugh on August 17th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

Oh look, modern warfare coated with Killzone graphics. Hopefully mechs and jet packs won’t be necessary to win, and hopefully able to be turned off.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on August 17th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Can’t wait for that beta.

+ SoFRESH200 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Just AMAZING. Can’t wait for the BETA!!!

+ Force_141 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

@ Optical_fibre

I agree, the vehicles arent necasary, and impact many multiplayer games negatively (like COD WaW) but i dont think you should worry too much about the mechs shown in this trailer, cause while they do look very powerful, the player is still very venerable, he isnt hiding behind a shield of armor like a tank, its a mech, which means u can still shoot HIM (not the vehicle) easily, it was shown in the trailer when he two shotted the guy in the mech

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on August 17th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

Hell yeah! That MP trailer got me hyped up. Hooray for Jet Packs and vehicles where you can kill the operator if you are a good shot. Can’t wait until Killzone 3.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

wow this looks GREAT!! I can’t wait for this game! I played KZ2 to death so looks like this game will be getting the same treatment!

+ MKJ93 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

no one said it was going to be THIS epic!

+ GibbShift on August 17th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

This looks incredible. The music is so tense and that always get me pumped up. Please, please, PLEASE tell me you guys are gonna bring back Supply Drop in KZ3. That would totally make my day.

+ Kchow23 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

multiplayer looks awesome

+ phinnv8 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

Things I would need before KZ3 could take me away from something like Black Ops or BC2 Vietnam…

1) Fixed controls, they were hard to get used to them in the first game. And if friends came over to see it they hated them. Just make them like BC2.

2) Lower player counts or bigger maps. 32 player was a cluster F, why not have 16 or 24 with the same sized maps, and a little better graphics or smoother framerate?

+ littlescotty3000 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

i gotta [DELETED] have it…that game is so mine as soon as it comes out…that trailer omg…was awsome…GIMME, GAME DAMN IT!!!

+ MadMeat001 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

NEW IP TO BE A 2D SIDE-SCROLLER SHOOTER???? A MAN CAN DREAM

+ formerroadie on August 17th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Where is the resistance trailer!!!!????

+ remanutd5 on August 17th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Motorstorm Apocalypse and Resistance 3 trailers please

+ JDog09 on August 17th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

OMG!!!! This is by far my most anticipated game of 2011! I plan on upgrading my home theatre system just for this game! Not sure if If I wanna spring out for a 3D TV though…thats a little too much. But anyway…Great job Guerrilla and I cant wait to get my hands on it in 2011.

+ TheGuardianFID on August 17th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

DUUUUDE, just, DUDE, FREAKING INSANE, Guerrilla, YOU ARE THE MAN, ahem, you know what I mean, ahem, sorry!!! 8)

+ alfian2 on August 17th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

where is the Mass Effect 2 news??

+ Biggz124 on August 17th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

that’s the teaser for Resistance 3, I beat klimt on both sites.

+ BlazeKush420 on August 17th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

+ Losingrip on August 17th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

Not in love with mechs and jetpacks…

+ gillettjoe on August 17th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

Praying for a beta invite to play this on my new 55″ 3DTV with 7.1 surround. Lets see if PS+ pays off.

+ Jeigh on August 17th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

My only request is that the lobby provides information: in KZ2 you had no idea how long the matches were, which weapons were included/removed and several other things (that I can’t remember at the moment).

+ TwinDad on August 17th, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

I’m tired of the FPS games. Seems like one comes out every few days. I did however like the knife, that seems like a new element.

Seem like some folks are going to have a good time.

+ tim_AZNPx0 on August 17th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

Can’t believe that we can now use the mech suit in multiplayer. The CQC scenes look awesome. Seriously can’t wait for next year.

+ MadeInBrazil__ on August 17th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

AWESOME! MIDNIGHT LAUNCH PARTY I’LL BE THE FIRST IN LINE, YES!

+ nightcrawler102 on August 17th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

Oh gee…vehicles and jet packs..hope the MW fans dont spill into this game and spam the [DELETED] out of it.

+ Enigma777 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

OMFG!!!!

GOTY!

+ JKar275 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

I’m very happy to see that we’ll be able to use Exo-Skeletons and jetpacks in multiplayer. Thank you very much for listening to the people on the official Killzone 2 forums who asked for vehicles in multiplayer.

+ republiccomando1 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

Is the cover system going to be implemented into multiplayer?? I was really disappointed when the excellent fps cover system in the campaign wasn’t in mp.

+ T-Jani on August 17th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

Please have have game status like MW2 or ModNation that tells you what modes your friends are playing. This is so important.

+ smokey_vols on August 17th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Great trailer but we want to see some plain on-foot action. I want to see how the game controls. I’m very excited that the game is going to have faster controls like you guys have said. Let’s see some of that action, please?

+ smokey_vols on August 17th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

Also a suggestion: you’d don’t need to add voices to the video to make it sound as if someone is playing. “Knife!” and “Alright, that’s mine!” just are out of place. Just show the video and let the gameplay do the talking.

+ thegriefer on August 17th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

OMG LOOKS LIKE EVERYTHING I WOULD HAVE WANTED FROM KILLZONE 3S MULTIPLAYER!!! GOOD JOB, PLEASE HAVE A BETA!

+ Torgo on August 17th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

breathe, breathe

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Ok, I’m better OMG now…

+ explosive78 on August 17th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Mech suit and jetpacks!!! A tear just dropped.

+ Nivek245 on August 17th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

Daaamn it loos so awesome!!!!!!! the graphics are incredible and that MP loos really fun, you can even use the jetpack? sweet
I cant even imagine how it will look in 3D

+ Zilas on August 17th, 2010 at 5:33 pm said:

O_O

+ Theory99 on August 17th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

Very lovely graphics as usual. I seen some screenshots of multiplayer, looks so damn awesome (they were high res and the sky of Helghan look so beautiful and alien).

Now, I can see there’s no health bar but that’s alright, no need for a health bar in multiplayer. It clutters the screen.

I see we can have a few more perks? Again, Guerrilla wants variety, so I’m alright with that. Plus more rewards, and ranks etc. sound very promising.

The killfeed isn’t in the trailer. The killfeed let’s us track how many points we have based on the kills we get and the like.

the StA-52 has a scope there I see, perhaps a revision of Killzone 1 scope?

I look forward to utilizing the vehicles and jetpacks in this game as long as the users are not hard to take out.

Other than that, great trailer, I hope the framerate is smoother, so that the animations aren’t choppy like in KZ2 sometimes.

Keep up the good work =)

+ Theory99 on August 17th, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

Oh my bad, I mean the Killfeed lets us see who we have killed and others who have killed each other.

Sorry.

+ XsAirJordans on August 17th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

i knew when killzone 3 came along that it would be the only online shooter i would be playing, and this trailer just adds another notch in confirming that.

+ Dare_N_ZX07 on August 18th, 2010 at 1:04 am said:

OMG!!!!!! please make an interview with Guerila Games about MP! oh and Can you ask them will there be a Character customization as well?
please ask them that… I want character customization so bad!

it would so awesome to make custom ISA/HGH soldiers :D