PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Resistance 3 from Insomniac Games Coming Exclusively to PS3

Marcus Smith's Avatar + Posted by Marcus Smith on Aug 17, 2010 // Creative Director, Insomniac Games

Marcus Smith here. I was the Project Manager of Resistance 1 and 2 at Insomniac Games, as well as a co-host of Insomniac’s “Full Moon Show” podcast during our Season 2 “leading up to Resistance 2 launch” episodes. I’m excited to make my PlayStation.Blog debut, thrilled to know that by reading these words, I’m wasting the time of hundreds if not thousands of people.

Wearing my new hat as the Creative Director on Resistance 3, I wanted to stop by and finally announce the game that Kombo.com has dubbed, “the worst-kept secret in gaming.” We were very excited to finally OFFICIALLY announce Resistance 3 at the PlayStation press conference at gamescom in Cologne, Germany. While we aren’t revealing too much at this time, we did want to share this live-action teaser that should set the mood for what’s to come.

We won’t be gone for too long — the team has been hard at work over the last two years developing Resistance 3, and we’re excited to have extra time to ensure that this game lives up to the expectations we’ve all got for it. To make sure you hear all of the latest news, follow us on Twitter @InsomniacGames or hit our website at www.insomniacgames.com and sign up for the community and newsletter.

139 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WillAllon on August 17th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Will we have offline co-op this time? Nonetheless, im looking forward to your 2 new games :)

+ cool_trainer on August 17th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

You guys got us pretty good there, I almost thought Resistance 3 wouldn’t be announced. I can’t wait for this, it will be day one for me.

+ D-Squad3 on August 17th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Finally! I can’t wait to see more!

+ Darkdoom123 on August 17th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

Great stuff.

+ Blkant on August 17th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

This looks somewhat more like R:FoM and less like R2… I’ll hold off on giving up hope just yet, but the live action trailer does seem darker and grimier like R:FoM.

+ yazter on August 17th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

Will there be mind-numbingly excruciating trophies like Resistance 2′s “Killing Machine”? It’s probably one of the most hated trophies on PS3. XD

Or so I hear.

+ gbear240 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

whoa why anounce it so long after the billboard was put up still whoa

+ JKar275 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

@Marcus: Thank you for this great news! A few questions that I hope you will answer about resistance 3:

1) Will we be able to carry more than 2 weapons at a time (just like in RFOM)?
2) Will there be any vehicles to drive/pilot in the single-player campaign or multiplayer modes?
3) Will the online co-op have more than 3 classes and 30 levels for each class?
4) What improvements have beenmade to the competitive multiplayer?

+ davidbadass13 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Finally…
Now show an actual in-game trailer

+ Blkant on August 17th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

@yatzer

You clearly never saw warhawks trophies, they may seem innocent, but just try and get them all. You’ll beg for death before you earn them :P

+ MaKTaiL on August 17th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

YAY, Day 1 for me.

+ loadstone007 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:02 pm said:

Even though I bought the first two Resistance games, I thought there were OK – nothing more. The only thing that made me buy it was that they included co-op gameplay (a disappointment that in R2 it was left out of the main campaign).

Include local co-op in the main campaign please!

+ jgnyy32 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

I have the first two games and love them. cant wait for this to come out. hope to hear more news next month!

+ GJD21 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Will Nathan Hale be returning?

+ MrMondayNighttt on August 17th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Great trailer but please please please have CO-OP in the Main Campaign!! We need more CO-OP friendly games on the ps3!! Go for xbox’s jugular!!

+ BigBoss712 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

My favorite shooter returns! hopefully it will be more like fall of man.

+ zekececil14 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

R3, R&C! Whoa, let me take a breath Insomniac! I have all the R&Cs, but sadly none of the Resistances. Thats set to change!

+ halowars7 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Looks kinda like a Left 4 Dead Type of scenario, Should be Epic!

+ JumpMan33 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

Do Want!

+ BurntOrange32 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

Incredible

+ SGTquig on August 17th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

Can’t wait for R3. I hope it is a dark and sinister looking as the trailer (or at least like R:FoM)!

+ SGTquig on August 17th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

@ #12: Only if his head regenerates.

+ remanutd5 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

i want to play it now!!!!!

+ MegaSurg on August 17th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Seizure much? lol

+ harley_ladybird on August 17th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

I’m with WillAllon on the offline co-op…. although I still will be getting R3

@SGTquig: lulz!!!

+ yazter on August 17th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

@8 Yes I know about them, and indeed Resistance 2 looks far more forgiving in comparison. XD I’m all for challenging trophies, but not grindy ones like 10,000 kills (unless you consider patience and unemployment to be ‘skills’) =)

Anyhow, I’m still playing Resistance: Fall of Man and that’s still going strong., I’ll keep an eye on this one though I need to see more first.

+ zombie9 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Resistance 3 from Insomniac Games Coming Exclusively to PS3.
Insomniac Games WOW made my day:)

+ JoeDierte on August 17th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

This will be a day one purchase if 4 player co-op of campaign is available (teaser eluded to it). Also it must have a 2 player VERTICAL split screen co-op campaign just like the original.

I know… beggars can’t be choosers. ;)

Thank you Insomniac!!!

+ Britton1207 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

That looks awesome. i love R1 and R2. I find the world fascinating, and I hope more books come out. The first book was really well written and I enjoyed it a lot. I’m more of an Insomniac fanboy than a Sony fanboy, so i know you guys won’t do me wrong.

if you need a beta tester..look no further. i beta’d R2, although i didn’t get to play it as much as I wanted.

+ Hooligantuan on August 17th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Cool video, bro.

+ JoeDierte on August 17th, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

“beggars can’t be choosers. ;)”

But your consumers can! lol

+ mouldernet on August 17th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Day 1 purchase for me…now, what 1 day with that be? (Release date/time frame, please?)

+ MGO_Count on August 17th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

“in case you missed it” of course we missed it. Add a Live Stream Next time!!!!!!

+ whitwhit on August 17th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

that teaser was great cant wait to buy this game!

+ bigmac237 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Looks like its going the be kind of Like Left 4 Dead with the survivors and those will be the main characters and probably also continue the story of SRPA and be a multi character thing like Call of Duty. Looks Great!

+ NEJI64 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

How are y’all asking and demanding for stuff on a teaser trailer.

+ Kchow23 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

Please bring back a Narrator

+ Airwalkinman17 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

This!
This trailer has the vibe and atmosphere from fall of man that I long for. Thanks Insomniac games. you guys rock and thanks for stopping by. Much appreciated.

+ Kane22_ on August 17th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

AH yes co-op hopefully in the campaign. please insomniac please have a good campaign for R3 cause i thought R2 campaign was not as good as it should’ve been. but anyway looking forward to both your games:)

+ jenotron on August 17th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

Bulletstorm gameplay I seen today at the EA event looked more like what Insominaic have tired to aim for with Resistance. The poor judgement in creating worthless, over in minutes “epic Boss battles” were you would fire off a single laark missile one of the R2′s biggest mistakes. Waste of development time and awful gameplay decision.

The colour palete, far too bright. Radioactive vivid In your face comapred to the well chosen washed out scheme of Fall of Man. No weapon click wheel, here’s a shogun, ok I can guess which enemies around this next corner.

Online, horrendous. The it,s got 60 players boast was quickly muted by fans when they discovered the complete mess and terrible accomaning multiplayer maps. Co Op was beyond stupid, hold your finger down on the trigger, no skill whatsoever. Empting thousands of bullets into monsters that barely react to the damage.

How Resitance 2 got favourable reviews makes no sense. Everyone hated it including all my clan mates from the first gam.

+ viguru on August 17th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

I second all suggestions to add back in co-op (lets all chant: coop, coop, coop!!!), me and my son finished the first one together, but on second one we had to take turns which sucked! So put us BOTH down for 2 votes to get coop in R3 plz :D

+ TheGuardianFID on August 17th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

ALL KINDS OF AWESOME, SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! 8)

+ poodude on August 17th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

This announcement made my day, I can’t wait for the game!

+ BlooodyCow on August 17th, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

BEST NEWS EVER….WELL FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF…BUT STILL BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!
FOR THE LOVE OF CAPTAIN RACHEL PARKER, PLEASE MAKE RESISTANCE 3 MORE LIKE RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN AND LESS LIKE RESISTANCE 2….And yes, I am aware that my Caplock was on

+ spunnups on August 17th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

Hey, can we do a Q/A with Insomniac about their new announcements? I have a ton of questions for them especially regarding R3.

+ Hard_2_Handle_45 on August 17th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

Let’s just hope that it will be better than Resistance 2. That had to be one of the worst story lines ever. Not to mention the multi-player was horrible. If I shoot someone in the head with an explosive bullet I expect them to die. Not walk it off. Plus it was easy for people to use mods to cheat in the game. Truly a bad game. Hopefully, they will go back to the original and make a good game this time around.

+ mew_frenger on August 17th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

that was an absolutely amazing trailer!

looks like the franchise is heading in a new direction, looks more left4dead-ish. which is prabobly a good idea, theres so many military shooters out there, this could be rly refreshing for the series.

either way im rly excited for this title. and r&c coop was a brilliant idea, looking forward to that aswell.

+ PushinNshovinMe on August 17th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

As long as you guys keep the Online Co-Op, you will remain in my good graces. R2′s Co-Op was a highly creative take on a Monster Hunter style gameplay in a western Shooter, just brilliant.

I still play R2 Co-Op to this day.

+ PushinNshovinMe on August 17th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

I thought R1 was cool, for a launch title. I don’t understand the preference for it over R2, but I wouldn’t mind either way for R3 as long as I get my R2 Co-Op.

+ jvasq on August 17th, 2010 at 4:04 pm said:

oh my god. wow. that was sooooooo awesome!!!! man i loved resistance 1 n 2 n i will for sure get this. was that a teaser trailer or the opening cinematic for the game?

PAGE 1 2 3