PS4-The Order

Resistance 3 from Insomniac Games Coming Exclusively to PS3

Marcus Smith's Avatar + Posted by Marcus Smith on Aug 17, 2010 // Creative Director, Insomniac Games

Marcus Smith here. I was the Project Manager of Resistance 1 and 2 at Insomniac Games, as well as a co-host of Insomniac’s “Full Moon Show” podcast during our Season 2 “leading up to Resistance 2 launch” episodes. I’m excited to make my PlayStation.Blog debut, thrilled to know that by reading these words, I’m wasting the time of hundreds if not thousands of people.

Wearing my new hat as the Creative Director on Resistance 3, I wanted to stop by and finally announce the game that Kombo.com has dubbed, “the worst-kept secret in gaming.” We were very excited to finally OFFICIALLY announce Resistance 3 at the PlayStation press conference at gamescom in Cologne, Germany. While we aren’t revealing too much at this time, we did want to share this live-action teaser that should set the mood for what’s to come.

We won’t be gone for too long — the team has been hard at work over the last two years developing Resistance 3, and we’re excited to have extra time to ensure that this game lives up to the expectations we’ve all got for it. To make sure you hear all of the latest news, follow us on Twitter @InsomniacGames or hit our website at www.insomniacgames.com and sign up for the community and newsletter.

139 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ TrueStoryGuy on August 17th, 2010 at 8:32 pm said:

What is that at .59 seconds? It’s past the bush, and it moves.

+ Tutiquen809 on August 17th, 2010 at 8:45 pm said:

WANNA PRE-ORDER IT RIGHT NOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ pontarokun22 on August 17th, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

Finally!!
This news mede my day!!

+ likedatkilla on August 17th, 2010 at 9:36 pm said:

The Teaser so characters that can come back.
Pause at 0:50 You see the scar on his face. Only one Character in Resistance series had a scar the same location.
“Joseph Capelli” Take a look
The same guy you know that is still alive.
Gametrailers video of the teaser states the game release Q1 2011, while back a site released it for pre-order
Releasing 3-24-2011
The Billboard shown was for the movie Battle: Los Angeles – which is due out next March.
The Logo, well I think we all know that city.
What I believe.
Pause at 0:26
the girl with dark hair mostly to be Rachel Parker from resistance Retribution + FOM, but since her hair wasn’t short it could be the girl at 1:40
Guy with the hat, the one leaning (not the one in blue)
He is James Grayson also from resistance Retribution
Steven Cartwright could be the guy in blue.

What I want is the weapon wheel, somebody to tell the story, and most fav. Co-op Campaign, maybe online too.

+ likedatkilla on August 17th, 2010 at 9:36 pm said:

I MUST HAVE NOW!

+ Cenafan1046 on August 17th, 2010 at 9:45 pm said:

Screw Infamous 2 and all those other games that were announced (maybe except for Killzone 3). THIS is the game I have been waiting for two and a half years to hear about. Resistance 1 and 2 were great. Can’t wait for this one.

+ phatmercado on August 17th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

@ 77
I think the lyrics of “Masters of War” is more relatable to the universe of Resistance than “House of the Rising Sun,”(IMO).

I loved the teaser. It even got my wife’s attention! Can’t wait for more info and gameplay.

+ WakizashiM on August 17th, 2010 at 11:17 pm said:

Please let the MC be female. Please. I want me some strong chick.

+ supersaiyan500 on August 17th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

WTF is that thing that appears at 0:59?? Looks like that old stalker model from the first resistance :D Heck yea!!

+ DonnyG on August 18th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

My wife and I can not wait!

+ extermin8or2 on August 18th, 2010 at 12:15 am said:

theres a widow maker in their im certain, after the pider close up look behind the tree’s!

+ Deathwish88 on August 18th, 2010 at 12:21 am said:

This attracts me for so many reasons. But most importantly those were civilians with guns!!! I have faith in you guys… Just drop a date on me

+ SgtRufus on August 18th, 2010 at 2:31 am said:

Please….just take your time with this one. R2 had a lot of great ideas that just didn’t get implemented as well as they could have….most likely since they were rushed trying to meet a release date. And please don’t just re-use the graphic engine from the previous game like R2 did. Build something new….R1′s graphics just won’t cut it anymore.

+ MyUncle_Socks on August 18th, 2010 at 2:57 am said:

Wow Sony is killing M$ 1st. Mass Effect 2 now coming to PS3 and now Resistance 3 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One are coming! 2011 is a year for the PS3 for sure……

+ odd69 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:32 am said:

DAY ONE buy!!! I’m still playing R2 like crazy,mostly co-op which was the feature that stood out the most for me, i hope it returns in R3!!!!

+ taipan_samurai on August 18th, 2010 at 4:51 am said:

Will be getting this 1st day. Only co-op game worth playing. If they can keep co-op with 2 log ins it will be a must have. Co-op offline would be cool.

+ ICU-KILLA on August 18th, 2010 at 5:09 am said:

I can not wait till this comes out will buy day 1

+ r-nice on August 18th, 2010 at 6:21 am said:

Resistance 3!

Here’s hoping they go all in the on the Resistance 2 style co-op. I believe that’s their best bet for a long lasting online community.

+ Trieloth on August 18th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

Oh hell yeah! Resistance 1 got me into online gaming. Cant wait for more resistance!

+ VectorRaven on August 18th, 2010 at 7:31 am said:

Kchow23 | August 17th, 2010 at 3:35 pm
Please bring back a Narrator

THIS THIS and yes THIS!! This was one of the things that made the first game so awesome [The female soldier].
Great trailer. Really sets the mood.

+ Lucky13X on August 18th, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

Great trailer. Now get it up on the Playstation Network so I can download it in HD.

+ MadeInScotland on August 18th, 2010 at 8:20 am said:

Soooo…..any survivors????

+ gumi42 on August 18th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Awesome trailer, please put it on the store, I want to see that on my TV @ home in glorious HD. Loved the first two games can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next.

+ dehumanizer_666 on August 18th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

gonna pass on this game, the 2nd resistance was garbage.

+ Suicide_Surfer on August 18th, 2010 at 9:50 am said:

that doesnt look like zombie hale or capelli

+ MadMeat001 on August 18th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

can’t wait for some gameplay!
4 player co op? the teaser teased me this

+ WillPG1212 on August 18th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Thank you, i personally can’t wait for this one.

+ dahum20 on August 18th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Resistance Franchise are my favorite FPS games everrrr
i’m soooo happy about this news…yaaay

but for Resistance 3 plzzzz bring back the gun wheel & offline co-op mode & the story telling…just like R1 & it well be Perfect!!

+ salar_teymourii_ on August 18th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

can’t wait for this game i want it nowwwwwwwwww.will have multiplayer on this game?

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on August 18th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

awesome, I love R2, just missed a few things from RFOM: carry many weapons, vehicles and 4 player offline competitive

+ sharpshoot on August 18th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

I wonder why sony has not bought Insomniac yet

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on August 18th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

yes fuk yea resistance 3

+ MIGHTY_MOI on August 18th, 2010 at 5:38 pm said:

This is the first time i actually comment on the blog but hearing the news about Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank all 4 one I just had to let my excitement out

+ Colonials55 on August 19th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

This should be a tight game! I never played 2 though…..Was that good as one?

+ JONBOS on August 19th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

I have loved this game since the beginning. The first game I got with my PS3 60gig. RFoM was amazing with its compelling story, unique weapons that you can take out at any time in the game, and Co-op mode that me and my sister owned in. (Or I did) When R2 came out I looked at the reviews and I was furious! They had to be like all the other shooters out there and only have two weapons at a time, and no campaign Co-op! I liked RFoM because it was different from all the others, that’s why I loved it! Bring back that same concept please!!!! Don’t you dare even think about bringing R2 again, I didn’t even think about buying it. Common Insomniac, be different! That’s why we love your games.

+ Blaze1701 on August 19th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

this game will be a day one buy for me. i hope there will be an offline co op for the main campaign with FOUR players (although i would be content with just two) i have yet to buy R&C or Resistance but i think i might now!!! cant wait!!!!

+ Donham420 on August 20th, 2010 at 12:53 am said:

Rfom is the BEST! shooter on the ps3 still to day.Plz make R3 like Rfom

+ mcdeadriner123 on August 22nd, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

can we gett another map pack in te meantime till R3 would also be cool to see a few more weapons upgrades as well, but r2 really goooooood!!

+ kingbows on August 24th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

game will be great,can’t wait. i have and love and play the first two to this day. will preoder from gamestop when i can.
i just hope they bring back co-op campaign mode and the ability to carry all of the weapons you collect. Hale dead? or will he somehow be revied.

PAGE 1 2 3