Those of you who have always wanted to attend gamescom — one of the largest gaming conventions in the world — will finally have your chance this Thursday, August 19th when the gamescom event space launches in PlayStation Home. Get a sneak peek at upcoming PlayStation titles, play games with your friends, rack up exclusive rewards, and experience the excitement of the show floor — all in our gamescom event space!
Week three of the Empire Strikes Back 30th anniversary celebration continues with even more Star Wars items releasing into the ever-evolving world of PlayStation Home. We’re talking AT-AT tables, a Probe Droid chandelier, and even a Wompa skin rug. And if you really want to show the world how much of a Star Wars fanboy (or fangirl) you are, you can pick up the “Everything” Empire Strikes Back 30th Anniversary bundle, available (along with a ton of other awesome Star Wars content) from the LucasArts store in the PlayStation Home Mall.
Visit the Costumes store in the PlayStation Home Mall and transform yourself into a bonafide PlayStation Home superhero or supervillain. Choose from the Red Raven and Epsilon Viper costumes (available for the guys) or the Nocturne and Wild Scarlet costumes (for the gals). Grab the bundles at a super-low price and then take to the streets of PlayStation Home where you can wow civilians with your newfound super-gear!
Speaking of rounding out your PlayStation Home collection — be sure to visit the PlayStation Home Mall to pick up Scott Pilgrim t-shirts (available in the Threads store) and the new Lockwood items (pictured below and available from the Sodium store).
While you are at it, head to Central Plaza, where you can get a free Subway Fiery Footlong t-shirt and watch a special video of the Los Angeles Clippers’ own Blake Griffin, airing in the PlayStation Home Theater. Join the Subway Fiery Footlong Frenzy and you could win PlayStation games and hardware before they appear on shelves. You heard me – you can be the first of all your friends to own LittleBigPlanet 2, LBP2 Collector’s Edition, Gran Turismo 5, GT5 Collector’s Edition, PlayStation Move hardware and software bundles, and the Invizimals PSP bundle. Simply collect game codes at Subway restaurants and enter on SubwayFreshBuzz.com. There’s literally a prize every minute!
Top Gun the video game has launched on the PlayStation Network. To celebrate, we’re offering you a chance to win the game, the movie and two exclusive Top Gun t-shirts for your PlayStation Home avatar. Join the Top Gun Scavenger Hunt, being held in Central Plaza starting tomorrow, August 19th. Check out the official Rules and Regulations at the end of this post, and be sure to download the Top Gun game from the PlayStation Store before August 24th in order to receive a free limited edition flight suit for your PlayStation Home avatar!
Before I head out of here, I’d like to bring your attention to a new game that VeeMee (makers of the London Pub personal space, Pool personal games, and other hit pieces of PlayStation Home content) will be releasing in the very near future. Think: Scrabble…but this time you wear your answers.
Here’s how it works: Pick up the AlphabeTees Game Pack (made up of the 26 words of the Alphabet including some punctuation) from the PlayStation Home Mall. Each day a new question will be shown on the Central Plaza Jumbotron. Get together with your friends to form the answer, take a photo, and then upload directly to the AlphabeTees competition entry portal (located under the Central Plaza Jumbotron).The winning entry will then be shown on the Central Plaza Jumbotron screen the following day so that everyone in PlayStation Home knows just how skilled you are!
To get everyone into the swing of things AlphabeTees will be giving away a free sample pack of 5 letters from the AlphabeTees game point in Central Plaza. We’ll update you with more details (including release dates) on this Blog, so keep your eyes peeled.
See you in Home!
PlayStation Home Top Gun Scavenger Hunt Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void outside the 50 United States, Washington D.C. (“D.C.”) and where prohibited. The following promotion is intended for viewing in the 50 United States and D.C. only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of, and located in, the 50 United States or D.C. and are at least 13 years of age at the time of entry. To enter, you must have a PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, a valid PlayStation Network account, a valid PlayStation Network ID (“PSN ID”), internet access, a copy of PlayStation Home installed on your PlayStation 3 system and a valid registered PlayStation Network e-mail address.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The PlayStation Home Top Gun Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal United States residents 13 years of age or older on or prior to August 19, 2010. Prize winners or prize winners’ parent or guardian (if the winner is under the age of 18) may be required to sign a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability within 14 days of prize notification. By acceptance of prize, winners agree to the use of their name and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to return the affidavit within the designated time frame will result in disqualification. Employees of the Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (the “Sponsor”) and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
2. SPONSOR: Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 East Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, CA 94404.
3. TIMING: The Promotion begins August 19, 2010 12:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends August 25, 2010 12:00 p.m. PDT (“Promotion Period”).
- a. First Place Prize: The Sponsor will award the First Place Prize to the entrants who send the first 30 emails, containing the correct answers to the 5 trivia questions that are received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period. First Place Prize winners will each receive vouchers for a copy of Top Gun the video game, a copy of Top Gun the movie, and 2 PlayStation Home virtual Top Gun t-shirts (1 male blue t-shirt and 1 female grey-shirt) all downloadable from the PlayStation store (ARV $25.97).
- b. Second Place Prize: The Sponsor will award the Second Place Prize to the entrants who send the first 20 emails after the 30 First Place Prize winners containing the correct answers to the 5 trivia questions that are received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period. Second Place Prize winners will receive vouchers for a copy of Top Gun the movie and 2 PlayStation Home virtual Top Gun t-shirts (1 male blue t-shirt and 1 female grey-shirt) all downloadable from the PlayStation store (ARV $10.98).
- c. Participation Prize: All other qualifying entrants who submit entries during the Promotional Period but have not won the First Place prize or Second Place prize will receive a voucher for 2 PlayStation Home virtual Top Gun t-shirts (1 male blue t-shirt and 1 female grey- t-shirt) downloadable from the PlayStation store (ARV $0.99).
Vouchers will be delivered to winners 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if prize is unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions allowed.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
- Log into your PlayStation Network account and launch PlayStation Home application.
- During the Promotion Period, make your way through PlayStation Home to view the Top Gun posters. There will be 5 Top Gun posters, each poster containing 1 trivia question.
- Answer the 5 trivia questions.
- Submit your answers to each of the 5 trivia questions by sending an e-mail to HomeContests@playstation.sony.com with “Top Gun” as the Subject line. Include your PSN ID in the body of the e-mail along with your answers to the trivia questions.
- The Sponsor will award the First Place Prize to the entrants who send the first 30 emails, containing the correct answers to the 5 trivia questions, that are received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period.
- The Sponsor will award the Second Place Prize to the entrants who send the first 20 emails after the 30 First Place Prize winners containing the correct answers to the 5 trivia questions that are received by the Sponsor during the Promotion Period.
- All other qualifying entrants who submit entries during the Promotional Period but have not won the First Place prize or Second Place prize will receive the Participation Prize.
- Limit 1 entry per person and e-mail address. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. All winners will be notified via e-mail. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs or other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Promotion. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules will be automatically disqualified.
6. General: By acceptance of prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, parent companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use/misuse of the prize. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Neither Sponsor nor its affiliates, subsidiaries, division or related companies are responsible for any damages, taxes (federal, state or local if any), or expenses that winner might incur as a result of entering or participating in this Promotion or upon receipt or use of prize.
7. WINNER LIST: To obtain names of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to PlayStation Home Top Gun Scavenger Hunt Contest, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd. 4th floor, Foster City, CA 94404. Prize winners’ name request will be fulfilled within four weeks. Requests for winner list must be received by September 8, 2010.
8. RESTRICTIONS: Void where prohibited or restricted by law.