That’s right, later this Autumn MAG will offer full compatibility with the PlayStation Move! This added support means that users have another way to experience the most ambitious first-person shooter out there. Pinpoint accuracy and easy access to all of the game’s mechanics ensure that players of any type — be they hardened veterans or new recruits — can enjoy a shooting experience unlike any other.
But PlayStation Move support isn’t all we’re working on. Because our upcoming content is so important to the game and its future, we want your assistance to make sure we get it right! With that notion in mind we’re pleased to announce that, one week from today on August 24, we’re inviting existing MAG owners to take part in the all-new MAG Beta program!
What are you going to play and test, you ask? How does this hit you?
- Escalation Game Type — battle it out with all three factions at once on three never-before-seen maps
- New Weapons — each PMC has access to three new guns (9 total) for added firepower
- Clan Deploy — a highly-requested community feature that allows clan leaders to launch games with up to 128 clan members in a single match
- Updated Skill Tree — enjoy more customization than you’ve ever had before with new skills and an improved progression system
- In-game Economy System — earn “credit points” by completing objectives and killing enemies to purchase new weapons and gear
- Additional Character Slots — Create a persona for Raven, Valor and SVER on one account for maximum testing flexibility
To participate in the new MAG beta, all you have to do is download the client software from the PlayStation Store when it becomes available next week, insert your MAG disc into the PlayStation 3, sign-in to the beta client and… BOOM! You’re good to go. Reminder: You must have the MAG disc in your PS3 in order for the new beta client to work.
Amazingly, today’s announcement only scratches the surface of what’s planned for MAG’s future. That’s why we’re updating the Official MAG Blog constantly over the next few weeks with new and more detailed information of what you can look forward to, including a post today that explores, in detail, the complexities of our new Escalation game mode.
As always, the entire team at Zipper Interactive would like to thank you, our fans, for your feedback, loyalty and enthusiasm. Your continued support is what makes MAG what it is today, and it’s what inspires us to keep striving to make it better.