PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Move in Washington DC Next Week

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Aug 18, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Next Tuesday, we’ll be bringing PlayStation Move out to the nation’s capital to show to some local and national media outlets. But why should they have all the fun?

movemeetupdc

We cordially invite you, the PlayStation community in the Washington DC area, to go hands-on with PlayStation Move a month before it starts showing up in stores. We’re going to outfit Current Sushi & Lounge in Dupont Circle with final or near-final versions of Sports Champions, Kung Fu Rider, echochrome ii, Start the Party!, Tumble, and some brand new tech demos showing what the future of motion gaming may look like.

Attendance is, of course, free, and we’ll pick up the tab on hors d’oeuvres and drinks (for those 21 and up). And all attendees will score the much-in-demand PlayStation Move tee.

Here’s what you need to know; be sure to read and then RSVP:

Our previous Move Meet-ups have been a great time – but they’ve taught us that showing up early is a good idea.

Now, does anyone have a connection to get the President to show up?

PAGE 1 2

+ SolidPlisken on August 18th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

how about one in Houston? :)

+ godsdice on August 18th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

Is socom 4 gonna be there?

+ footballrule on August 18th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

Lets get some MAG PS Move gameplay there, okay? :p

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

I don’t know if it’ll be ready in time…

+ ManaKnight on August 18th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

OMG, I live in the D.C. area and have been wanting to meet up with PlayStation for YEARS. I don’t like sushi, but I’m tempted to go.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

You don’t have to eat the sushi. Promise.

+ gmoney0505 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Great that Sony is going to another city other than New York and Seattle. When will Sony start giving the south some love like Atlanta or Miami?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

We really wanted to bring it to ATL this time, but weren’t able to make it happen, unfortunately. Hopefully we’ll be able to return to the south later this fall. Fingers crossed.

+ BlooodyCow on August 18th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

@gmoney0505
New York
yeah, having only one blog meet up in NY is showing NYC a lot of love.

+ MadMeat001 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

no r.u.s.e.? it suck to be them

+ DJnal05 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Awwsome ill be there!!

+ polo155 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

Anymore NYC Dates?

+ ManaKnight on August 18th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

@gmoney0505, Sony did Orlando once.

+ jacob-813 on August 18th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Darn I was just in DC and I just got back to CA Wow i missed it.

+ Xuchilbara on August 18th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

South FL on the Meet-Up list next? I hope so

+ sharpshoot on August 18th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

If you dont like sushi there is always free adult drinks :P

+ Kornkid52 on August 18th, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

Any info on the PAX meet-up, would be nice

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

We’ll be announcing next week!

+ LUGIEZ on August 18th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

haha, notice link says location is on Earth. So for those who were about to make the trek to Earth 2 next week look again! Personally I’m glad because Earth 2 is annoyingly far; it would take at least 2 hours with these asteroid showers around Orions belt. Good thing I noticed! It’s all in the details boys and girls, all in the details. lol.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Dude, Earth 2 is sooooooo far. I’d hate for someone to drive all the way out there for nothing.

+ spectro on August 18th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

Any word if you will have a meet-up at MLG in Raleigh next week? I couldn’t clear my schedule to volunteer to help work it but would love to attend a meet-up!

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

We’re not planning anything in Raleigh.

+ AlexLucard on August 18th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

About DC got something. It’s always LA and NYC that gets gaming events for some reason even though EA, Bethesda, and several others are based here (Including us!)

Looking forward to attending and covering this. Now the question is whether or not to bring Prinny with me.

-Alex Lucard
EIC, Diehard GameFAN

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Looking forward to meeting you. And yes, as long as it doesn’t explode.

+ Blkant on August 18th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Come down to Florida again would you?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Quite possible, as I have a trip scheduled down there this fall.

+ Jeeves_Tremor on August 18th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

Thats it, now you MUST come to Toronto.

This is too good of an opportunity to pass up, especially during the amazing weather.

+ xaos on August 18th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

Good job with diversifying the meet up locales, but you really could take better advantage. Oh look, meetups in Tahiti, Cancun, Rome; just trying to help you doggle those boons.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

My boons could use some serious doggling :)

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 18th, 2010 at 5:21 pm said:

Myself and “Nosdarb” will be there. See you guys next week.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:22 pm said:

is that a code? Bradson? Make sure to say hi.

+ Darki643 on August 18th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Sweet. And it’s close to 2 Metro stations. I’ll definitely be there.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:23 pm said:

Great, see you there.

+ Edd on August 18th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

Come to Oregon please! Preferably Eugene…

+ DaMann22 on August 18th, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

YEAHHH!!! ATL love. If you guys do it in the south (other than florida cuz there not really the south) then ill be there without a doubt. Just if you do it in September dont do it on my wedding day or subsequent honeymoon cuz i dont want to have to cut that short. J/P.

+ digitalman123 on August 18th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

LBP 2 has got Move right Jeff? Will it be there? Do you know if some mini-levels in LBP2 are Move compatible? Will you come to Chicago? Is President Obama trying Move? Will you answer me? Question mark?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:23 pm said:

We won’t have LBP2 there, I’m afraid.
    Stay tuned on Chicago.

+ Ramage on August 18th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

OMG PSBLOG I LOVE YOUUUUU!!!! Totally going to be there for 1. Move 2. Sushi 3. Drinks

Who all from the blog is going to be there Jeff?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

It’s just going to be me, Rey and Sid have some other stuff going on that day.

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 18th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

careful w/ that sushi, it’ll make you move in ways the PS Move didn’t anticipate..

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:24 pm said:

oh boy, it’s come to this.

+ Blkant on August 18th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

@ Jeff’s reply to Florida

Glad to know your considering it then, thank you. :)

+ zekececil14 on August 18th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

Ok, since we are on the topic of Move, WHERE IS THE PlayStation Move EVENT IN HOME!!!! It was announced, but never happened. Whats the deal?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:25 pm said:

That’s a good question – please pose it in the Home post and Mr. Locust_Star will have a better idea than I.

+ Zinacef on August 18th, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

What about the North East, e.g. New England where the brightest minds live?

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:25 pm said:

We were just there!

+ kenny-1995 on August 18th, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

Come TO London!!!
Nothing gaming related happens here!
Why do i have to live here, when im 18 or 21 i am leaving this place and livin the vida loca in america.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

I wonder if SCEE will do something?

And London is awesome, not sure that it’s dramatically better here. Well, maybe :)

+ letherclad on August 18th, 2010 at 8:21 pm said:

SWEET, just sent my RSVP, I couldn’t make it to the NYC one glad I can make this! Can’t wait!

How early should we show up? I’m pretty notorious for over estimating and showing up ridiculously early to concerts and things like this.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:27 pm said:

I think 30 mins should do it. I’ll tweet out if there’s a ridiculous line.

+ spunnups on August 18th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

About time you come to DC. I’ll be there, full of vodka of course.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

you and me both, brother.

+ Jeigh on August 18th, 2010 at 9:04 pm said:

On a somewhat related note, please talk to Sega about getting Madworld on this thing- no reason that game game should go unappreciated among a sea of casuals.

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:27 pm said:

I’m going to be there Friday for Valkyria Chronicles II. They won’t make it just because I ask, but it’s never stopped me before.

And how is this somewhat related again?

+ Vex_Doppel on August 18th, 2010 at 9:54 pm said:

Hey Jeff, when you coming to the midwest? We like games here too.

+ Kodaime on August 18th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

I would love to go but college starts on the 25th for me and it would take 1 hour 16 mins (according to google maps)from Maryland. One day Playstation…I’ll be at a meet up! It’s a promise! T_T

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:28 pm said:

Yes yes, school is important. Or something.

+ NewYork214 on August 18th, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

Come to long island. not worth going to the city for a meet up. need to come to the island. bring some playstation to suffolk county lol

+ Jeff Rubenstein on August 18th, 2010 at 11:28 pm said:

When I get a vacation home in the Hamptons, i’ll just invite everyone over.

+ SS_keyblade on August 18th, 2010 at 10:52 pm said:

Still waiting for Florida. Mainly the Central Parts *Cough*Orlando*Cough* :]

+ MXZBladEon on August 19th, 2010 at 12:31 am said:

Sounds sweet, shame i cant attend.

any plans on a Australian meet-up?

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 19th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

Nosdarb is my buddy’s PSN ID. /shrug

First name backwards isn’t terribly creative but we will indeed say hi.

+ EmperorLawlight on August 19th, 2010 at 1:20 am said:

Hey watching Killzone 3 with Move is disappointing – the reticule isn’t centred. You have to drag it across the screen to turn. So disappointing. Oh well, the game will still be awesome with the DS3 ^_^

+ Jakeman14 on August 19th, 2010 at 1:37 am said:

hey u guys coming to Seattle for PAX right? i cant go to Pax but hoping u guys will be here i just turned 16 today and hoping for some move time befor it comesout

+ fedex682 on August 19th, 2010 at 5:02 am said:

Sony, Please do release the tech demos of the playstation move on PSN. It will be so awesome for us to be doing all the things we have seen in the tech demos so far!

+ Philaroni on August 19th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

Any chance you can bring Move to the Mall of America in MN where I live? I think that be a great place to demo it. The Mid North never gets any gaming love.

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on August 19th, 2010 at 5:24 am said:

Sony’s going to DC because OB wants his dildo Move lamo! Take a hike SCEA!

+ CDubyahS on August 19th, 2010 at 5:25 am said:

I wish I could attend I am handicapp all i can do is sit and play PS3 all day. I wish I could get free t shirt I lost 0 pounds with wii fit. Please invite washington and central va media to the event.

+ CDubyahS on August 19th, 2010 at 5:30 am said:

lol i lost 50 pounds with wii fit typing suffers from my handicap. i lost 100 more by diet. be active with ps3 move-sports champions and see how much you can lose. ps3 has the advantage-no “scale” no weight limit

+ Elite_Killer_07 on August 19th, 2010 at 5:49 am said:

Not to be a nag, but why not visit your hometown Philadelphia. It would be awesome to have a meetup here.

But i know you dont control these things.

+ firecar350 on August 19th, 2010 at 6:16 am said:

yes but no. yes cause i live in baltimore, only an hour away. no cause we have to go to someones house in the evening. this sucks. i have been waiting my entire life for this. by any chance can you do the same thing over on an other tuesday?

+ SirTrigalot on August 19th, 2010 at 7:20 am said: