PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Castle Crashers Coming to PSN August 31st

Dan Paladin's Avatar + Posted by Dan Paladin on Aug 19, 2010 // Art Director / Co-Founder of The Behemoth

Hello to the glorious PlayStation.Blog! I’m here today to present you with the gift of a release date. After many months of certification, we’ve finally secured an actual day for the USA, Canada, and Mexico release of Castle Crashers on the PlayStation Network. This gift is Tuesday, August 31st!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve been working on Castle Crashers for the PSN for about a year and a half. In that time I’ve had the fortune of meeting everyone at tradeshows and lots of people will ask me, “C’mon, what is taking so long?” I have to say that we’ve felt the same way — our whole team’s goal is to make you all happy so we want to share it right now!! We’re super antsy. But like all of our games, we can never rush anything as it’s necessary to make sure that every little piece is airtight. And fun!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve teamed up with some other sites to give you a full list of contests for a chance to win free stuff. Be on the lookout for these dates as we inch closer to the release. Perhaps something wonderful will be obtained?

Also, we’re going to be at PAX from September 3rd to the 5th (booth #3102) so come on by and check out both Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater. We are building a four-player Castle Crashers arcade cabinet which you can use at the show! Look out X-Men/Alien vs. Predator/Simpsons — we’re coming after your distant memories!

love,

Dan

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ digitalman123 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

Hm. Maybe. Looks good.

+ Kchow23 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:02 am said:

FINALLY!

+ boxmyth on August 19th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

Bought it for 360, got rid of my 360, will buy it again for PS3.

+ Majin47 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

Hey! We all made it past 2012!

What? Its still 2010?!

Boy, is my clock messed up or what…?

+ robertmc8 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Finaly people would stop crying about when this gaming coming out :).

+ Schobeleth on August 19th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

FINALLY YES! One of the FEW reasons why I wanted to get a 360, now I can just get the superior version on the PSN. Sooooo happy, I love you guys at Behemoth and Newgrounds, simply brilliant.

+ Revelboy on August 19th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

ABOUT TIME!!!

+ NHDrumline17 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

Two questions:

1. Price? I’m guessing about $15?

2. Any discounts/exclusive content/avatars for PS+ users?

Can’t wait to play it. thanks guys!

+ Thakrib on August 19th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

YES!!!! Don’t sell out of stuff at PAX before I get to the front of the line…happens every time to me :)

+ Kelly Revak on August 19th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

come early cause we WILL sell out of everything! probably not on the first day. probably. ;)

+ KSPRAYDAD on August 19th, 2010 at 11:10 am said:

$14.99?

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

yes yes, shall be that number or within a cent of it.

+ Canto4 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Will it have custom soundtracks?

+ BLACK-DOOM on August 19th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Well that was unexpected but I’m happy all the same to see that title coming to PSN, now I want to know if we will also be getting Alien Hominid?

+ cool_trainer on August 19th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Thanks can’t wait to get it!!!

+ trapper12 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:13 am said:

Can’t wait to buy this game on the PS Store when it comes out.

I have one question though. Will this game feature online co-op?

+ Kelly Revak on August 19th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

of course!

+ mike-yazuka on August 19th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

So when can we expect it up on the EU store then?

+ Kelly Revak on August 19th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

We are still in submission for that region. But we will certainly announce when we have a date!

+ Metroid133 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

I’ve heard good things about this, and seen some videos. It looks good to me. Day 1 download…maybe? I’m out of town that day for the most part, and when I get home I plan on playing Metroid: Other M. After that though maybe I’ll download it. :)

+ evildude683 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

look like fat princess, is it similar?

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

they play very differently from one another! you are welcome to try out the demo and see how you like it :)

+ BigBoss712 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Yay! a release date, thanks a lot! the wait is almost over. :)

+ chaoszero14 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Yes!!! Getting this first day!

+ Kanuckle_Head on August 19th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Thank god. Just finished Scott Pilgrim and even though it was amazing and super fun, the whole time I kept thinking ‘I really want to play Castle Crasher now’. And it’ll soon happen!

+ VinCubed on August 19th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Excellent it’s coming out on my birthday. Happy birthday to me!

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

haha, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! yesssss!!

+ x-former on August 19th, 2010 at 11:21 am said:

What’s the price? Especially since we had to wait over a yr for it to come?

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

it should be anywhere between $14.99-$15.01

+ jonathan_val on August 19th, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

YAHOO !!!!
I CAN DIE HAPPY!!!
THANKS DAN, BEHEMOTH IS THE BEST!!!

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

thanks! I electronically hi5 you.

+ BlooodyCow on August 19th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

let me guess
$15
No in-game music
No youtube support
No multiple PSN ID sign-in
No demo

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Why so glass half-empty? I have some yes for you;
    Yes on $15
    Yes on in-game music
    Yes on demo

+ TorgoTime on August 19th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

I will do a naked dance to celebrate this awesome news!

+ Berae on August 19th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Looks fun, ill probably get it.

Can you come post a video here on the blog?

+ MapleStory on August 19th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Ahh, finally! Day 1 purchase, the moment the store’s up!

+ John-117 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Getting this the second it comes out! You already have my money, hopefully it’ll be worth the wait!

+ xAllanKx on August 19th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiii finally castle crashers on ps3 im happy :D

+ Destiny89 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

Epic news, im getting this

+ zamboni_steve on August 19th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

I’ve been looking forward to this game for a long, long time. Thanks for the news, and for constantly being in touch with your fanbase via updates.

I’ll be buying this the minute it drops. It’ll easily be the best $15 I’ve spent on PSN to date.

Also…please keep us informed of your contests. I’d love the chance to win anything from The Behemoth.

2-D beat-’em-ups are the greatest!

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Thank you, Steve! Sorry about the wait!

+ gdogg666 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

damn it sony come on now that im broke u pull this on me :( come on sony but glad it is coming and we have a date now ill eventally beable to get it unless if u guys want to give out free codes like to poor ol me :D

+ mikemustillo on August 19th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

From the moment it was announced on 360 I was hoping that one day it would find its way to my beloved PS3, can’t wait !!!

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 19th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

What is this game? and why is everyone so excited?

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Castle Crashers is a 2D sidescrolling 4 player beat-em-up adventure with RPG elements. You start as one of four knights with an elemental power and unlock more characters as you go, level up, and find new weapons and pets to help you along the way.

I wouldn’t tell you whether you should be excited or not, since I’m biased – but it has won some awards including: 2008 XBLA game of the year, 2008 XBLA Best Co-op Mode, XBLA Best Original Game, IGF Innovation in Visual Arts, IGF Audience Award, IGN Editor’s Choice award, Wired.com’s Top 5 Xbox 360 Games, and is rated #1 out of all XBLA games by its users! :)

+ MainEv3nt_69 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

so does that mean BattleBlock Theater is coming to PSN?

+ Globox_82 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

awesome, will get it when it gets released on EU PSN

+ narwhalSTAB on August 19th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

I’m gonna give you my monies.

+ Rusty-Chrissi on August 19th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Will it give avatars for the PSN?

+ BlooodyCow on August 19th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

@35 MainEv3nt_69
yeah, 2 years after it is release on the xbox 360

+ KongWen on August 19th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

GLORY BE!

This is the one game that made me half consider getting a [expletive], but now I finally don’t have to! Thanks Behemoth! I really would lurrrrrve getting something like Alien Hominid HD on PSN, and uh… basically everything else you’ve ever touched. *heartz*

+ DarkRecoil on August 19th, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

Dan, Castle Crashes is BEGGING for a PSP version like PS3 PSN heavyweights, Fat Princes, PixelJunk Monsters, and Modnation Racers games.

…all those games above have done extremely well when updated for PSP, probably due to the high parity/similar philosophy between PSN games and PSP games.

Please consider :)

+ Caudill on August 19th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

FINALLY! The wait has been torture. Day one purchase.

Now you guys should get to work on BattleBlock Theater for PSN ;)

+ SirTrigalot on August 19th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

+ top-gun908 on August 19th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

YESSS! The wait for this game is finally over! I have had the game on 360, and love it. Day one purchase!

+ pokeystaples on August 19th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Does this game support four player splitscreen?

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Yes, it does support four players at the same time locally, but, it is not split-screen as you’re all around one another. It does zoom a bit when wandering off from one another.

+ Chuckbait on August 19th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

I noticed that you ignored the question about custom soundtracks…… You’ve been hard at work with this game for a year and a half, yet somehow you forgot to include CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS!

I hope there are custom soundtracks, but considering that you are charging 14.99 for a game that cost that much almost 2 years ago shows that infact you do not care about your fans. What other reason could be given for the non-inclusion of custom soundtracks?

+ Chuckbait on August 19th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

With Shank, and Scott Pilgrim (which is freakin’ awesome btw) CC may just have to wait on the backburner…. Until i am bored with shank.

+ Kirkpad on August 19th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Any comments on the news that the PS3 has been hacked… again? I’m getting sick of hearing people who want to play games for free.

I support platforms that are actually secure, like PSN. If PSN games remain secure, I’ll support the developers 100%. Actual customers should never be punished for the work of pirates, and that’s why I love the PS3: there is none.

Like Castle Crashers, who would want to steal that? It’s AWESOME.

+ Dan Paladin on August 19th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

Well, first of all, I’m not personally certain how much that is happening, or if it’s under control/out of control or what. But, regardless – we can’t let people who are legitimately wanting to play our game suffer because people out there might be hacking their hardware.

Someone always ruins it for everyone, I guess, except in this case! We will ship the game no matter what :)

Thanks for the concern!

+ Zemus101 on August 19th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

I’m pretty excited to pick this one up. I’m hoping it’s as epic (if not more so) as Scott Pilgrim The Game was. As you can see here I had (and am still having) fun with Scotty P. http://robert-chapman.blogspot.com/2010/08/scott-pilgrim-vs-world-game.html

Looking forward to see what this Castle Crashers stuff is about!
Thanks for putting in all your hard work.

+ BlooodyCow on August 19th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

@Dan Paladin
So a game that pride itself on co-op don’t have multiple PSN ID sign-in?
Still don’t understand why Sony haven’t make this feature mandatory for all games release that has co-op

PAGE 1 2 3 5