Spider-Man PS4

Aug 19

Aug 19

Castle Crashers Coming to PSN August 31st

Dan Paladin's Avatar Posted by Art Director / Co-Founder of The Behemoth

Hello to the glorious PlayStation.Blog! I’m here today to present you with the gift of a release date. After many months of certification, we’ve finally secured an actual day for the USA, Canada, and Mexico release of Castle Crashers on the PlayStation Network. This gift is Tuesday, August 31st!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve been working on Castle Crashers for the PSN for about a year and a half. In that time I’ve had the fortune of meeting everyone at tradeshows and lots of people will ask me, “C’mon, what is taking so long?” I have to say that we’ve felt the same way — our whole team’s goal is to make you all happy so we want to share it right now!! We’re super antsy. But like all of our games, we can never rush anything as it’s necessary to make sure that every little piece is airtight. And fun!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve teamed up with some other sites to give you a full list of contests for a chance to win free stuff. Be on the lookout for these dates as we inch closer to the release. Perhaps something wonderful will be obtained?

Also, we’re going to be at PAX from September 3rd to the 5th (booth #3102) so come on by and check out both Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater. We are building a four-player Castle Crashers arcade cabinet which you can use at the show! Look out X-Men/Alien vs. Predator/Simpsons — we’re coming after your distant memories!

love,

Dan

Add Your Own

Edwerd said:

August 19th, 12:11 pm

14.99 after 2 years while scott pilgrim has been out a week and is 9.99. i just dont understand..

August 19th, 12:23 pm

You’re welcome to try out the demo and see if you feel the game is worth the price of admission! Castle Crashers does support 4 player online play for versus and co-op.

Sn1perdeluxe said:

August 19th, 12:14 pm

I’ve been waiting for this to come out for so long.

I was about to get Scott Pilgrim today, as seeing how awesome the movie was, but now this. T_T, what shall I dooooooooooooo.

jeffsmither said:

August 19th, 12:17 pm

Is the Alien Hominid in it? If so, how would you unlock it, or is it unlocked from the start?

August 19th, 12:25 pm

Yes! Alien Hominid does appear in the game, but how you play as him is top secret FBI info for now.

Vu_Prime said:

August 19th, 12:17 pm

Good God finally!

August 19th, 12:26 pm

I knowwww, whew!

Trieloth said:

August 19th, 12:18 pm

2D FTW!! Its about *** **** time! I hate buying dl games on my xbox cuz I dont like the controller and there confusing point system. Thanks for getting this on the psn asap.

August 19th, 12:26 pm

Thanks for being patient with us! :)

AngelMayLaugh said:

August 19th, 12:18 pm

I don’t think that’s enough content for a two year wait. I’ll see if my friends pick it up, but I usually don’t buy timed-exclusives. I barely have any multiplatform titles.

that_sterlin_kid said:

August 19th, 12:19 pm

Awesome! With my birthday being August 25th, I’ll be sure to ask for a $20 PSN card just for this game :D Perfect timing!

August 19th, 12:27 pm

haha PERFECT. thanks for the support and happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your gift!!

Zookey said:

August 19th, 12:22 pm

Does this mean your next game is coming to PS3 too since you mentioned it in the release?

AwRy108 said:

August 19th, 12:23 pm

…and my sole reason for wanting to buy a 360 just lost out to PSN. Can’t wait for Aug. 31st!

DZORMAGEN said:

August 19th, 12:24 pm

*runs and buys another PSN Card* and *really mad at himself for getting PS Plus (1 year)*

E-DOGG said:

August 19th, 12:26 pm

8/31/2010 perfect thats will be my b day also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 19th, 12:28 pm

YES so many birthdays! I love it!

DZORMAGEN said:

August 19th, 12:27 pm

Oh yeah, can you please list the trophies here? I want to know how many, and also what we have to do in order to attain them, and how many bronze, silver and gold there are! Thank you!

GT-420 said:

August 19th, 12:28 pm

Yay A DEMO!!!!!!!!!!!! This just proves you guys have superior intelligence.

The_FPS said:

August 19th, 12:37 pm

Pure Awesomesauce! Second 1 buy for me.

ArmorForVictor said:

August 19th, 12:40 pm

what about all the DLC CC has gotten on the 360 will that stuff be included in the full game for the PS3 on the 31st version or will we have to buy the DLC later?

August 19th, 3:08 pm

Wouldn’t want to make you wait for what’s already implemented, would we? All previously playable characters will be available in the PSN version.

grashopper said:

August 19th, 12:40 pm

My birthday is too early :( You’re welcome to sneak me one on Aug 23rd though. I wont tell *wink wink nudge nudge*
Really looking forward to playing it! Can’t wait.

PuppetShoJustice said:

August 19th, 12:45 pm

I was honestly starting to worry that PSN had declined your submission and decided not to say anything about it out of fear of offending those of us who were very much looking forward to this day.

Day one purchase for sure. Cheers, guys.

I do agree the timing is unfortunate what with Scott Pilgrim having just released and at a cheaper price-point though. >.>;

JonJonXD said:

August 19th, 12:45 pm

I’ve been waiting for this release for so long. I’ve played through the game with friends on their 360s…can’t wait to get a copy for myself and test out the new modes as well as play online co-op :D

SUPERGAMER247 said:

August 19th, 12:47 pm

BEST.DAY.EVER. this morning I won little big 2 from the subway fiery frenzy fire drill and castle crashers is coming out now all I need is castle crashers vs. sackbots
(and maybe the uncharted 2 fortune hunter’s edition, come on subway)

KongWen said:

August 19th, 12:52 pm

I don’t see anything unfortunate about Castle Crashers coming out so soon after SP, since the latter game is all style and no substance, whereas CC is a great original property with tons of great content and gameplay balance. SP was disappointing to me, even at $10. CC will finally cheer me up after that disappointment.

phinnv8 said:

August 19th, 12:55 pm

Jeez about time! Day 1 purchase for me. Between Castle Crashers, Mass Effect 2, and Netflix built-in all coming soon, Xbox is losing all their exclusives lol.

Now if only we could get a PS3 firmware update to add the top 5 PS Blog Share features :-/

Vabor said:

August 19th, 12:55 pm

A birthday present for me!!! YES! Thank you Dan and crew!

Capt-Fury- said:

August 19th, 1:05 pm

Hey Dan, who is the guy at Behemoth HQ that I have to beat to get some Castle Crashers avatars on PSN?

Kornkid52 said:

August 19th, 1:06 pm

Got it for 360 but will buy it for ps3 just have 1 question. Will the 2nd player locally be able to sign into there account like Resistance 2 and Littlebig planet. Please answer.

DeadCell34 said:

August 19th, 1:08 pm

Great to see its finally here. I’ve been waiting on this one. Kinda glad I held off on Scott Pilgrim and saved the little bit of cash I have in my account, now I’ll just get this :)

Now if only Dead Nation would come out.

WhiteF8ng said:

August 19th, 1:11 pm

Played the 360 version nice to see its been revamped for PS3. Don’t know if I’llget it day one but I will eventually. I’m kinda anticipating Shank more than this. And I got a Naruto game to preorder.

Zer0_SP said:

August 19th, 1:12 pm

Thank you so much, Dan. I love Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, and can’t wait for BattleBlock Theater xD. I have a question, sweet and simple: Does the online multiplayer work? I bought CC day 1 on XBLA and was disappointed to find the online broken. I know **** happens and I patiently waited 3 or 4 weeks for the patch. Even after the update, I still couldn’t get it to work. So, please tell me this year-long wait means that the online play is near perfect. Please. PLEASE???

zombie9 said:

August 19th, 1:16 pm

@50 Blooodycow
you have 2 trophys who is going to listen to U.
2nd none of that stuff makes a good game.

koma1tose said:

August 19th, 1:25 pm

are there any exclusive modes in the PS3 version because i dont think thats right , it should be less ???

August 19th, 2:04 pm

yep! Volleyball mode is brand new as well as the insane store, and jumping in at any time at the map-screen locally.

G_e_N_e_R_i_C said:

August 19th, 1:26 pm

will this be available on amazon psn day one cause there’s a lot of stuff not available there for the psn

August 19th, 2:05 pm

we’re working on getting that one confirmed for launch day, but if not, it shouldn’t be too far off.

Golds said:

August 19th, 1:26 pm

as we need the simpsons/xmen/moonwalker cabinets to watch out

I think and hope you really consider this comment..
Behemoth needs to remake those games with the crashers engine.
I dont think it would be hard to get the licenses for those

(maybe even do a remake of Trog.. that claymation dinosaur game that was amazing in the arcades)

i will buy crashers on the 31st. PS3 FTW!

koma1tose said:

August 19th, 1:30 pm

@68 jonjonxd this only has local co op no online co op and it has online multi

August 19th, 2:07 pm

If I’m reading this right I’m happy to say you are mistaken, as Castle Crashers supports up to 4 players simultaneously online or offline, co-op and versus.

Link01 said:

August 19th, 1:32 pm

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheWarOrphan said:

August 19th, 1:35 pm

you guys aint worried about shank coming out a week before cc? i think i will get both anyway!

August 19th, 2:45 pm

I’m not worried about my baby! It is all grown up now and carries weapons.

No but really, I think all games on PSN (or any downloadable space) can co-exist happily together. Any quality games will be given attention by gamers no matter what, so in my view, no developer has to worry! :)

dsigns209 said:

August 19th, 1:38 pm

So how about battle block theater coming to PS3 also?

aztex08 said:

August 19th, 1:39 pm

are we getting the 2 dlc packs in the game as well

SilverBlade51 said:

August 19th, 1:41 pm

OMG! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! It’s about time!! I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this moment! LOVED it on Xbox, but my Xbox broke down (typical RROD). I just bought a $20 PSN card. You guys already have my money.

BEHEMOTH FTW (For The Win)

Keyo321 said:

August 19th, 1:44 pm

what were the dlc packs for the 360 version? additional characters?

Edwerd said:

August 19th, 1:55 pm

touche

John_Oval said:

August 19th, 2:10 pm

Sweet! Ive heard about this game from my xbox buddies but never got a chance to play it, im glad we finally have a realease date!

Good job guys!

plaztiksyke said:

August 19th, 2:13 pm

I seem to remember that this game is rendering in 1080p native; is that still the case?

Any additional music over the XBLA version?

Any losslessly-compressed or 24-bit HD audio assets that take advantage of the PS3’s unique capabilities in this area? (I hope everything is at least 320kbit/AAC and not the awful MP3 crap we’ve been getting on PSN lately.)

If there aren’t HD audio assets built-in, will there be a separate paid add-on to get them?

Is there a platinum trophy? If not, what’s the breakdown on gold/silver/bronze?

Will Battleblock Theater release on PSN and XBLA in the same quarter?

This is a day one purchase for me; I hope that N+, Space Giraffe, and some of the other great XBLA games all eventually make their way to the PS3 with 1080p and HD audio :)

Brosive said:

August 19th, 2:17 pm

*In Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson voice* Finally! The Behemoth has come back to PlayStation.

koma1tose said:

August 19th, 2:17 pm

thanks for clearing that up for me , now i can buy it 8)

sawao_yama said:

August 19th, 2:18 pm

Amazing. Dan you and your team are one of a kind. To many whiners here. Now I’m just waiting for battleblock to come out on the xbox. Beat em up month FTW!!

August 19th, 2:52 pm

Thanks sawao_yama! I am very proud of the team we have!

Rhino136 said:

August 19th, 2:29 pm

Oh yes finally, best news I’ve had in a while. Been waiting for this game for a long time. I’ll be buying this day one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 19th, 2:55 pm

Thanks for being so patient with us Rhino136! I’m confident you’ll find it worth the wait, as we’ve treated this one with care!

mikedo2007 said:

August 19th, 2:36 pm

Alright, I’ve been hearing about this game for sometime, nice to see it got a release date.

MarvelAssassin said:

August 19th, 2:43 pm

y, I’ve been waiting for this game for awhile!

MadmanV10 said:

August 19th, 2:51 pm

This price point is utter fail. Good luck selling any at all to begin with.

I can’t wait for my PS+ discount and a permanent price drop.

August 19th, 2:54 pm

Sorry to hear you feel that way, I hope you at least give the demo a few minutes!

Agent321ghost said:

August 19th, 2:51 pm

this is so awesome! i always loved the games The Behemoth made :D

lobotomies4free said:

August 19th, 2:59 pm

something for plus subscribers…