Watch Dogs 2

Aug 19

Aug 19

Castle Crashers Coming to PSN August 31st

Dan Paladin's Avatar Posted by Art Director / Co-Founder of The Behemoth

Hello to the glorious PlayStation.Blog! I’m here today to present you with the gift of a release date. After many months of certification, we’ve finally secured an actual day for the USA, Canada, and Mexico release of Castle Crashers on the PlayStation Network. This gift is Tuesday, August 31st!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve been working on Castle Crashers for the PSN for about a year and a half. In that time I’ve had the fortune of meeting everyone at tradeshows and lots of people will ask me, “C’mon, what is taking so long?” I have to say that we’ve felt the same way — our whole team’s goal is to make you all happy so we want to share it right now!! We’re super antsy. But like all of our games, we can never rush anything as it’s necessary to make sure that every little piece is airtight. And fun!

Castle Crashers for PS3

We’ve teamed up with some other sites to give you a full list of contests for a chance to win free stuff. Be on the lookout for these dates as we inch closer to the release. Perhaps something wonderful will be obtained?

Also, we’re going to be at PAX from September 3rd to the 5th (booth #3102) so come on by and check out both Castle Crashers and BattleBlock Theater. We are building a four-player Castle Crashers arcade cabinet which you can use at the show! Look out X-Men/Alien vs. Predator/Simpsons — we’re coming after your distant memories!

love,

Dan

Add Your Own

heartgamingmufin said:

August 19th, 9:42 pm

WHEN WILL THE DEMO COME COME OUT

DZORMAGEN said:

August 19th, 9:49 pm

Can you people stop asking when the Demo comes out! Read the f**ken replies! It comes out same day as game!!

AdmiralCrunchy said:

August 19th, 9:51 pm

Hey Dan how much space will this game take up on my HDD cause mine is almost full and it will be a while before I can buy a bigger HDD :(

Dan Paladin's Avatar

Dan Paladin said:

August 20th, 2:47 pm

Should be approximately 150 MB

EggySong85 said:

August 20th, 1:43 am

I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about this game but sadly scott pilgrim beat you guys to the punch for me. Although CC looks like it offers a lot more features, I don’t really feel like spending $15 for another beat-em-up when I just spent $10 on a different one. I am looking forward to trying the demo, though. Maybe when there’s a price drop or a sale I’ll be more willing to part with some cash in my economically strained wallet. Thanks for bringing it over, though!

flashpal said:

August 20th, 3:41 am

Haha i cant wait!! i got Scott Pilgrim and the movie was EPIC!! also i’m gonna get Shank and Castle Crashers! plus my Birthday is the 29th haha that really is alot of birthdays in August

rjejr said:

August 20th, 5:24 am

I think the people complaining about the $15 price are the same people who would be complaining if the price were $10 but there was no online. Online costs money. People keep clamoring for it but don’t want to pay it.

Plus, if you’ve waited 1 1/2 years already, wait another 3 months until the $7.49 1 week sale or another 6 months until the permanent price drop to $9.99. I’ll be waiting for the PS+ sale myself.

Chuckbait said:

August 20th, 5:32 am

I would love to buy Alien Hominid on the PSN. Will I have to wait another 2 years for that one to come out? All joking aside, I will be buying castle crashers (i like custom soundtracks) – but please bring Alien Hominid HD to the PSN… I’ve wanted that game since it came out on Gamecube…. PLEASE..?

SpyDudeFX said:

August 20th, 5:41 am

Any plans to offer a Plus discount? 25% would be sweet otherwise likely won’t buy the game. $14.99 is on the high end of PSN title pricing. If you haven’t considered Plus pricing, you have a week to do it ;)

Dan Paladin's Avatar

Dan Paladin said:

August 20th, 2:48 pm

We have no current plans to offer a plus discount, as the game is brand new :)

ATLRoAcH said:

August 20th, 8:17 am

Yeah, any chance you can offer us PS Plus playas a discount? A $3- $5 discount would be cool.

Nithorias said:

August 20th, 8:26 am

Yikes, at last a release date sweet, I’ve been waiting so long for this awesome game. I think I’m gonna start counting the days now until the 31st lol!

AwesomeTex said:

August 20th, 8:30 am

Will you make alien hominid HD also for the PSN.

XxDannZxX said:

August 20th, 9:03 am

curious if the game will come with all the downloadable content i already purchased on xbox or whether i will have to wait and pay for the necronomicon pack??? that black knight dude was my all time favorite playable character(other than the all time favorite blue knight) and if i do have to wait, how long will i have to wait. will there be any ps+ advantages???

phinnv8 said:

August 20th, 9:24 am

Day. One. Purchase.

Is there a place (maybe your website) where we can get actual changes from here and the 2 year old 360 game? I know there is the Volleyball but anything else? Tweaks, etc? Some of us are double dipping.

reekeecast said:

August 20th, 9:33 am

When will PS+ users be able to get discounts on NEW games? You know, to make our $50 worth a little.

Emerald_Swords said:

August 20th, 9:39 am

Hi, question here.
Will the online component be fixed? I have the game on the 360 and the online is almost unplayable with the horrible lag.

KaiserSosate said:

August 20th, 10:28 am

I really want this game but I guess I’ll have to wait until I can get my ps3 fixed. I was hoping this would come out sooner or hopefully later in the long run. I really enjoy your games Dan Paladin.

soursight said:

August 20th, 11:25 am

Quick question Dan,
Will i have to buy the disc at a store or can i download the whole thing from the PlayStation Store?

Dan Paladin's Avatar

Dan Paladin said:

August 20th, 2:50 pm

Hi! We have no physical copies of Castle Crashers, it is download only.

jiggastafarian said:

August 20th, 12:05 pm

you people complaining about the price are seriously whiners. ive purchased the game twice and all dlc twice as well for girlfriends and my xbox. now you are getting a new mode and the dlc already built into the game for $15 and youre crying about it. i will definately be buying it for my ps3 again and i wouldnt of cared if it was $20. im currently unemployed and still dont care about the price. one of the best games i have ever played in my life. worth every penny and i look forward to the 31st with intense anticipation of finally being able to throw away my 360 since this game was the only reason i still have it. gold skulls ye be mine once again…

wii_will_rock_u said:

August 20th, 1:53 pm

Wow, they honestly want to charge us 14.99 and its been out for like 2 years on Xbox live…

Da_iLLeST_n00b said:

August 20th, 2:37 pm

awesome this game looks like a lot of fun and i heard great things about it. will buy first day!!

Surfaced said:

August 20th, 4:38 pm

Thanks for replying so much Dan, you’ve hit 50 replies so I don’t really expect you to do many more.

Certainly looks like an excellent game and many of my friends speak highly of it.

Just please, please don’t do anymore timed-exclusivity contracts with Microsoft Game Studios. That stuff is extremely agitating and every summer we have to put up with more of it; for example this year its LIMBO and Lara Croft.

Thanks.

SilverPR said:

August 20th, 5:44 pm

Dear Dan Paladin:

I’m not unfortunate that I fell the way I feel, I’m just been real. Your game is great, there’s not doubt about it. But I believe in digital media been treated like physical media in terms of value over time (the older the IP the cheaper, unless rarity becomes apparent). This IP is 2 years old, and has online features and a bag of chips. But some like me feel 14.99 is too high for a 2 year old game, even with the new features that I believed will be great for the game. I just will need to see reviews and hear (podcasts) the opinion of some media outlets to see if the price is worth it. (that at the end I thinks the majority will agree with)

AnotherTrex said:

August 20th, 8:07 pm

Oh i love this game D”=…. For my bad luck i living in Venezuela and here we can’t buy PlayStation redeem cards or more stuff like that T-T… I really want this game T-T… slkjskjdkdsj T-T… Anyway, maybe if you put the game in Amazon i can buy it =”)… I love uuu Dan D:! You are a inspiration for me… And for you i become in an ‘Artist’ *___*…

PD: Sorry for my bad english, i speak spanish xd…

freddyrivas said:

August 20th, 10:18 pm

August 31 of this year?

DarkOne_PR said:

August 21st, 2:13 am

Castle Crashers!!!!!! WOOT! Thanks guys! and btw! i saw u wrote down that we need to try too Battleblocks theather!? YEAAAA! Damn Guys thats 30 bucks ur going to shell out of me! JAJAJA but ILL DO IT GLADLY! I was wishing for Battle Blocks Theather to Come for PSN! Thanks guys a lot cant wait for both! Behemoth Keep the good work!

SarshelYam said:

August 21st, 8:50 am

Man I really hate to look a gift horse in the mouth. I mean, I love this game and own it on 360 and I’ll be buying it for PS3 as well, but…

…I was REALLY hoping to see “Crashers” version of Kratos in the mix. Damn, my hopes & dreams are dashed once again.

I may be the only one, but put that in the queue for a possible DLC pack. The PlayStation Heroes Crashers Pack would be mighty nice! It could include Kratos, Sackboy, Ratchet, Jak…Sly…the possibilities are endless!!

tennorsaxman said:

August 21st, 9:01 am

when does the demo come out?

oh_DANG1 said:

August 22nd, 9:26 pm

When does the demo come out?

FreshaSaurusRex said:

August 22nd, 11:45 pm

I absolutely loved this game on the 360 so I’m definitely buying it on the PS3 as soon as its up. I just want to know about the DLC on the 360, will we get that too?

PhillyTheCat said:

August 23rd, 3:30 pm

looks like it would be very entertaining. was hoping it would be psp3000 compatible. unfortunately for me, I do not own the ps3 yet. If I see anyone dressed up as santa this holiday, I will be sure to ask him for the ps3 bundle… lol :D

Finaldeath1689 said:

August 23rd, 7:04 pm

Already own this on my 360, was a great game and lots of fun, but now it is near impossible to play since noone wants to play with people who didn’t do the 256 glitch.

Not sure if i want to pay for this again, but i may consider it if there is enough new content that wasn’t in the 360 version to warrant paying full price for it again.

TAGlennan said:

August 26th, 6:48 am

Can’t wait until this reaches the European/Australian stores!

Already bought this on my Xbox, but am buying it again Day 1 so that I can play through again with my PS3 friends as well (I’ve convinced them all to buy it day 1 too).

Congrats to the amazing team at The Behemoth for bringing over the best game on XBLA to the PSN, and I hope to see BBT make its way to the PS3 sometime too =D

CalebJThe1st said:

August 26th, 6:42 pm

I am shocked at these rants about pricing that trolls are posting! Castle Crashers is an absolute marvel in the gaming world. I have not played a beat-em-up as good as this one in all my life! I spent all of last Summer trying to get everything in this game, and eventually did. It took me so long to get all of the obtainable items and beat insane mode that I finished some $60.00 games before I finished this! The replay value is through the roof, fantastic artwork throughout, relatively long story mode (very long on insane mode), and absolutely perfect music choice and gameplay make this a must buy. I’m just glad they don’t charge more! $15.00 for a game this great is a steal in my opinion.

Hatori1181 said:

August 27th, 7:40 am

so here’s the $1 million question:

Has the ending changed?

because…. damn….

Oldschool newgrounds users know. They just know….

plaztiksyke said:

August 27th, 9:15 pm

Everybody’s questions got answered except mine :(

zappaz69 said:

August 29th, 1:53 am

So, no PSP love, huh?..

adamsk822 said:

August 29th, 4:25 pm

im sooooo pumped for this i played all the time at my friends

Soulreaper_Rukia said:

August 29th, 7:38 pm

I’m buying this the minute it comes out,… Thank you for not keeping it exclusive to xbox, as i don’t have an xbox. :)

ADAMPwns said:

August 30th, 4:24 pm

Hey Dan, loved Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers, both excellent games. I was just curious as to if the demo will allow us to try out the new “volleyball mode”? I’ll more than likely be purchasing it day one either way – but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance.

IkariAllen said:

August 30th, 4:30 pm

Any news on Alien Hominid coming out on PSN or just Castle Crashers?

reaper337_ said:

August 30th, 7:18 pm

why everybody complain about this game being 2 years old… it’s not a retail game it’s a downloadable game. it’s not like buying a 2 years old used game at a store. Yeah scott pilgrim was 10$ so? this game has like 42 stage, online gameplay and some other stuff while scott pilgrim got 7 stage and 6 character…don’t think i hate scott pilgrim because i get and i LOVE this game.

anyway thanks The Behemoth to bring this game on the PS3 i was waiting for it since it was announced.

leo9891 said:

August 30th, 7:43 pm

I love that you guys included the Multiple PSN ID Sign-In feature. That is a big plus. I wish that was included on CoD:MW2 so everyone (except player1) isn’t a “Guest”.

I noticed that the Multi-PSN ID Sign-In feature was also in Scott Pilgrim. Keep that up!

Definitely going to buy this tomorrow, I have played it on the XBLA and loved it. The XBOX wasn’t mine though so ever since then, i’ve been dying for the PSN release so I can play it once again!

Maxgrounds said:

August 30th, 9:09 pm

What time does it come out i WANT IT NOWW :D

Maxgrounds said:

August 30th, 9:44 pm

Looks awesome

denicola101 said:

August 30th, 10:25 pm

man thise looks so cool

Maxgrounds said:

August 31st, 12:03 am

Finally

austinite04 said:

August 31st, 4:43 am

Hey, I’m all for companies making money, but $15.00 for every single psn title thats released lately is just mind blowing.. I’m a PS+ user I want to SAVE the $100’s of dollars I was promised by ol’ Jackie boy (Jack Tretton) in e3… SO, either offer a PS+ discount or at least a TRIAL demo or this PS+ thing was a complete waste of $54.11 (I get taxed 8.25% in TX) also, I just got LBP 2 pre-ordered.. My money always goes to console exclusives before multi-platformer’s..

Maxgrounds said:

August 31st, 7:35 am

Whents it gonna be readdy?

jonathan_val said:

August 31st, 10:55 am

EliteZombie_x said:

August 31st, 11:04 am

will the dlc be included within the game, or will that be future dlc that has to be bought?