PS4-The Order

Gran Turismo 5’s gamescom Announcements

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar + Posted by Chris Hinojosa-Miranda on Aug 19, 2010 // Producer

Guten Tag Gran Turismo fans! We’re coming to you semi-live and sort-of on-location from ze lovely German city of Cologne, site of this year’s gamescom, with a quick update on the latest news on Gran Turismo 5 and some of the features we’ll have ready for you come November 2nd. Below are some brief notes on these features, but for a more detailed break down, brand new screenshots and some cool historical bits, visit the official Gran Turismo website.

B-04_MainView

Single Player Career Modes: A-Spec and B-Spec
In A-Spec, you are the driver and it will be your driving skills that decide where you stand on the grid.

B-Spec, you are the Team Director, and your job is to study the competition and properly play to your driver’s strengths to come out on top. Winning will be a team effort, with every race a chance to improve your driver’s technique and help him develop into a top-tier driver. This is a brand new style of racing.

G-01_Finder

Garage: A Virtual Rolodex for Your Rides
Gran Turismo 5 gives you the chance to own over 1000 hyper-detailed cars, and the Garage section will be their home, complete with numerous easy-to-use categorizing tools that would make Melvil Dewey rethink his system.

T-03_BodyChassis

Your personal collection will come from a couple of different areas, two of the main ones being Dealers (for new cars) or Used Car Dealers. But regardless of where you purchased, every car will be more than welcome to enter the Tuning Shop for body and suspension kits, exhaust systems and more performance parts than you can shake a stick at.

My Lounge: Virtual Track Days, Anytime, Anywhere.
Gran Turismo 5’s new revamped online system takes the essence of spending a day at the track and recreates the same level of excitement and competition in your game room (minus the smell of burnt rubber and bald tires).

C-02_MainMenu

Course Maker: Unleash your Inner-Architect
Be inspired by Gran Turismo’s 70 track variations to generate a super-hybrid course or come up with a dream course the likes that no one has ever seen before …

PiazzaDelCampo_PDI RACINGKART100_002_1080 PiazzaDelCampo_PDI RACINGKART100_010_1080

Kart Racing: A Pro-Driver’s Training Wheels
A large majority of real-life professional drivers had their start on karts, as they are a perfect way for first time drivers to learn racing theory and seasoned pros to hone their skills … and the same goes for Gran Turismo drivers. Gran Turismo’s Kart racing mode gives you a chance to experience this kind of training (virtually of course ) … click here for a preview of what is in store for you.

The items above are brief blips on a much more robust breakdown (complete with screenshots) available on the official Gran Turismo website.

See you online! Tschüs!

+ digitalman123 on August 19th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Track creation? What are you ModNation? Still, it looks O.K., but I’m not really into racing games that aren’t kart-racers. You may begin pelting me with tomatoes now.

+ Kabunkie on August 19th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

We had the chance to watch the game in 3D today at gamescom… looked pretty stunning!

+ Rios on August 19th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Forza 3 has around 405 cars, GT5 over a thousand, 200 of which have been modeled down to every bolt every stitch in the leather, basically to a degree Forza only dreams of. If your interested in second best then Id say definitely pick up Forza, if you want the best racing simulation ever made, Id say be in line November 2nd.

+ thefjk on August 19th, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

I have to say, this game looks amazing!

+ ZaZeeMan on August 19th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

To several people here:

Quit being such tunnel vision fanboys. The so-called interiors of GT5’s standard cars are generic black frames and I’m pretty sure there will be no damage to them either. For a game that has been in development for almost 6 years, this is pretty disappointing and takes away from an authentic experience when you bounce your car off of a corner.

Other than that, this should be an amazing game, but I’m still unsure if it will dethrone Forza, which has nearly 500 cars (including DLC) with fully detailed interiors and damage (no body panel loss though)on all of them.

+ Eule_Colla on August 19th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

Course Maker!!! That’s unbelievable!!! NICE JOB!!! Best then ever!!! WOW!!!

+ Carl-G on August 19th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Hopefully there will be no big game installs with GT5?

Forza 3 is CR*P

+ F-minus on August 19th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

@ Chris Hinojosa-Miranda

-Every time more details are let go… My jaw drops, The bar keeps getting raised, i cant see the bar anymore, its to high.

ALSO… on a side note….
Have you ever tried a “GLAZED…Jalapeno+Cheddar Sausage Kolache” Its AMAZING!!! Ask your local donut place if they will glaze one for you, they may or may not… but if they do… :) yum

+ Craazy on August 19th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

I told my wife today that I will bend space and time to make sure that I get this game…….everything you posted here reassures me that I will indeed have to do that (if necessary)

+ NO_FEAR on August 19th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Vroom, vroom

+ scorpio182 on August 19th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Wow, that’s some great news. I think it’s time to pre-order this game!!!!!

+ MILOSHI on August 19th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

i already pre-ordered this, cannot wait for GT5 i’ve waited 5 years! its going to be the best driving game on the market, Forza has nothing on this

+ KSPRAYDAD on August 19th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

@55 I’m ‘pretty sure’ you have zero idea what you are talking about.

+ BruDragonz296 on August 19th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

day one purchase

+ ZAANOS on August 19th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

@ 3 someone is in denial!

+ zerosumgamez on August 19th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

@GordoJones88 why are you posting here if you think Forza is betta? obviously you are liking GT so much that you have to come up with some reason. No we got it. Thanks <3.

+ madeup6 on August 19th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

@KSPRAYDAD Well said my man.

+ F-minus on August 19th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

@55

WOW…. I think even the person of highest power behind “Forza” and Microsoft 360 would get on a private jet, drive up to your house in a Bugatti, get out, kick down your door, and smack you…. than put your 360 in a bag and turn it on and have it melt infront of you.

+ dc4daniel on August 19th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Years I’ve waited for this game and its finally getting close. Not a huge fan of the B-Spec mode from GT4 but track editor and kart racing sounds cool. I’m eating a lot of subway in hopes of scoring this game early lol.

PS: I have Forza 3, and its not cutting it. The career mode is linear and boring. The game does not even compare to GT4 on PS2.

+ wasim007 on August 19th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

junk box 360 owners LOL. even Gt4 looks better than flopza3 –8 cars on track and just 100k poly per car. also flopza3 mega flopped in sales. not even 1.5m in WW sales

+ polo155 on August 19th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

@68 LMAOOO

+ Yoinazek on August 19th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

MOAR!!!!!!!

+ knabbelhoutje on August 19th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

one thing hurry up
i cant wait when i see this :D:D:D
but i have also a question
when i see that piqture of a evo with al that options
if its posible than when i have got a golf ore a civic for example in the game, that i can change the front bumper/rear/ side skirts?????

+ LilBayArea on August 19th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

any word on in game custom music.. that my buying tipping point..

+ dimaguire on August 19th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

KARTRACING!!!!!!! OMGZ!

+ jqtaxpayer on August 19th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

So many features! Hopefully the broadened focus hasn’t compromised the core mechanics of the game… :-/

+ DZ_Zeus on August 19th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

I am already drooling … Gimme a break … I can’t wait til Nov…

+ Pelt_Hunter on August 19th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

Cosmetic in GT5? They really did add everything… I never thought we’d get visuals representing upgrades.

+ Burnboy24 on August 19th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Any more info for the Nascar part of the game?

+ MarinoBrea on August 19th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL POLYPHONY DIGITAL AND KATSUNORI YAMAUCHI!!!!

ARIGATO GOZAIMASU YAMAUCHI-SAMA!!!

AND SONY TOO!

+ ZaZeeMan on August 19th, 2010 at 4:07 pm said:

You guys are funny.

+ wolfzero1 on August 19th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

cool, the kart racing looks like fun

+ NeoGuardian86 on August 19th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Please finish the game already….

+ GAM3R_16 on August 19th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

Did xbox 360 fanboys just create a PSN account to bash GT5? I mean just google them ZaZeeMan & GordoJones88. A thumbs down on comments feature on the blog is necessary, off to PS Blog Share!

+ KILLZONE79 on August 19th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

this game is going to be huge, so much content to play with :)

+ nc20fan on August 19th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

Finally get to put the G27 to good use. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

+ Chubbaluphigous on August 19th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

What I have been wondering for years is, Will The Stig’s track times be posted and updated so that we can try to beat them on the Top Gear track? Will the “regular priced car” be in the game so that we can test our times against celebrities?

+ interceptor007 on August 19th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Custom music would be awesome…

+ fuzzyclutter on August 19th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

LOL … has been awhile hasnt it ? thats ok …. some devs doent spend enough time.

+ madeup6 on August 19th, 2010 at 5:48 pm said:

@ZaZeeMan Wow do your god damn research. What the hell are you talking about? Those 800 cars have damage. 800 cars alone is more than Forza.

+ noobpwnr795 on August 19th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

I saw somewhere on a preview that this game will also have damage in the final creations of the game. Is this true?

(sorry if it is I’ve missed the other updates on the game)

Also what about Nascar being in the game, will all the nascar tracks be there or only a few?

+ Jerel on August 19th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

Will the US get the Titanium Blue PS3 console bundled with the Special Edition of Gran Turismo 5?

I want it soo bad, but I’m afraid to import systems. :(

+ Tetsumura on August 19th, 2010 at 7:13 pm said:

I’m in awe of what Kazunori sensei and his team have accomplished.

The physics are amazingly realistic. I played the Time Trial demo to death.

The graphics are almost better than real life.

The number of tracks is heavenly, plus we can make even more!

We get a THOUSAND cars without having to spend hundreds to get them all, and even Standard cars look great.

RACE MOD RETURNS!!

Now, if only the Master could squeeze in a Livery Editor… ;)

I do love the livery painter in Forza 3, but for anything else, it’s Gran Turismo all the way, always has been, and always will be.

Dang… and you guys have MOAR TO REVEAL?! I’m gonna become a hermit this November… ;D

+ Tetsumura on August 19th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Oh, and I forgot one of the best parts: we can use the racing wheel of our choosing! Logitech provides some of the best racing wheels out there, and I own two! Unfortunately, they aren’t compatible with a certain other system… oh well.

+ Thrasher20 on August 19th, 2010 at 7:30 pm said:

OMG. YES~!!!

+ NorthernLitez on August 19th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

Holy #&$$* that looks great! Good thing I already have this preordered. Hmmmm, game of the year 60+ 10/10 scores…I can see it now.

+ Glacier928 on August 19th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

Polyphony Digital has put so much content into this game that i’m surprised everything is fitting on a Blu-Ray! I have my collector’s edition pre-ordered and cannot wait until November 2nd!

+ DigitalWolf333 on August 19th, 2010 at 8:42 pm said:

Here what i know about the GT5 liveries,

According to a GTplanet interview with good’ol kaz, its something that not in, but they might work on it.

But you can modify body components for weight reduction like carbonfiber changes. And hopefully modify for aerodynamics.

The rest is GT auto stuff…

+ Skv007 on August 19th, 2010 at 8:51 pm said:

Are you guys trying to bankrupt every other racing sim developer?
because you guys just pulled a full house..
I’m speechless.
Gt5, as it stands, looks like the sum up of ALL the racing games released this gen.. and still.. the sum is less than GT5
*sighs*

I think I’ll have to buy 10 copies of this game.. because this is the only racing game i’ll be playing for the next ten years!

+ CapinChronic on August 19th, 2010 at 9:07 pm said:

I just pre-ordered my SE copy today…. November just can’t come fast enough!! I want it NOW!! ;)