GTAV PS4

LittleBigPlanet 2: Community Updates + LBP2 gamescom Highlights

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 20, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

Welcome Sackboys and Sackgirls! It’s been a few weeks since our last recap and, with gamescom underway, there are lots of new LittleBigPlanet 2 updates to share.

HOT LittleBigPlanet 2 interviews from gamescom (thanks GameSpot)

• Introducing the Creatinator with some frosty goodness.

• Welcome aboard the new U.S.S. Sackboy Spaceship! Play arcade games, experiment with reverse-gravity, and level link to watch cutscenes.
  • Alex tells us how to make a top down racing game from the new Music Sequencer (MIND BLOWING).

Raw footage from the gamescom demos

New on the PlayStation Store

LittleBigPlanet 2: Marvel costume pack

• PS3: All 20 Marvel Sackboy costumes and level kit now available (plus new EPIC wallpaper

LittleBigPlanet PSP: Men in Sacks

• PSP: Robin Hood: Men in Sacks DLC (You know you need some new tights)

Random images from the week

LittleBigPlanet 2: PLAY magazine cover

• Magazine cover awesomeness…

LittleBigPlanet 2: Light Writing

• Light writing goodness (cool stuff @Jac_sin)…

LittleBigPlanet 2: Mt. Sackmore

LittleBigPlanet 2: Pod

• OMG, LBP POD!!!

60 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Useless_Person on August 20th, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

It’s torture having to wait until November to get LBP2! Any news on when we can expect the beta?

+ dragonmagician on August 20th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Is the Collector’s Edition really going to be available in Canada? I don’t see it in any retailers yet, and I’m super excited to preorder (my first CE if it is actually available to me).

+ Richasackboy on August 20th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

I have one question for you guys over at the Playstation Blog:

How do I enter the E3 Remix Challenge? I made a remix, tried posting it as a video response, but it hasn’t been approved yet. I tried messaging Mm but they said it wasn’t their business. I’m going to finally try you because I’ve got nowhere else to turn… :(

How can I enter?

+ Carl-G on August 20th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

I can’t wait for LBP2 :P

+ gat2020 on August 20th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3

+ BigBoss712 on August 20th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Evil cupcakes, can’t wait! x)

+ BlackIce16 on August 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

LBP 2 takes “play,create,share” to a whole new level!!!!!

+ Darkedson on August 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

i don’t mind you guys taking money out of my wallet but damn sony, do you have to be so good at it.

+ Axecution on August 20th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

God that was cool…

+ DZORMAGEN on August 20th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

Are the Plus members going to get into Beta or not? We need answers now!!

+ LittleBigPodcast on August 20th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

Thanks Mark! Mt. Sackmore FTW!

+ plaztiksyke on August 20th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Will any of the graphics engine enhancements in LBP2 be back-ported to LBP1? Same question for limited Move support?

Since it’s been said we won’t be able to import LBP1 story-mode content into LBP2, it would be nice to have the updated renderings, models, etc.

+ zekececil14 on August 20th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

I have a couple things.
First, OMG, LBP POD! You guys should start selling pods liie that for retail.
Second. Where is the PlayStation Move event in Home? It never came after it was announced to come a week ago.
Oh, last thing. Got any LBP Beta news? Maybe people who pre-ordered the Collecters Edition (like me) could get a beta code! Please, Pretty Please!

+ MainEv3nt_69 on August 20th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

when are retailers in Canada going to start to take pre orders of the LBP2 Collectors Edition?

+ TheAlbraskan on August 20th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

I like how people are assuming that MM would give out the LBP2 beta keys for those who’ve got pre-orders for the LBP2 CE. As cool as that would be, it just sounds unlikely to me.

+ Curtisio on August 20th, 2010 at 3:06 pm said:

I’ll say it again- I can’t wait for this game!!

Any chance the game will come out early?

I might as well put in a plug for my level: Montezula’s Revenge… check it out!!

+ GAM3R_16 on August 20th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I can’t see Sackboy’s face?! is this one of those thing where you have to believe in Sackboy in order to see him?

+ marlyt on August 20th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Only on Playstation! LBP Rulz!!!

+ Demonic_Clown on August 20th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

I had my Collector’s Edition pre-ordered since the first day.

+ Rene_Led on August 20th, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

I don’t really see this diffrent from Lilttle Big PLanet one.
If I could get this for free, like my cousin did from that subway game, then I wouldn’t mind but other than that, does not really look call that diffrent from the 1st one.

+ wolfzero1 on August 20th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

the racing look fun

+ MiSSery– on August 20th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Aw.. is this beta thing going to happen? I need my LBP fix guys.. seriously! This article only deepens the pain! Ayyy.. my darling LBP! Can’t you hear it? It’s calling for meee! >:[

+ Hooligantuan on August 20th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I’d really like it if our hand items could be used as weapons to hit stuff. Hittin’ stuff is good ol’ fashioned Platformer goodness.

+ sheckler24 on August 20th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

for all of the canadians i am also canadian and i pre orderd the colectors editon through eb games (online) u justt to pay a 20$ shiping fee still onley 100$!!!

+ sheckler24 on August 20th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

aha sheskler 24 24th comment!

+ Zezzler on August 20th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Will the Story mode be fully voice acted?

+ zekececil14 on August 20th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

@20
Imagine I punched you in the face! Imagine it hurts! Now say owwwww! Finally, imagine I spit in your face and yelled “Dont! You! Ever! Talk! Bad! About! LittleBigPlanet 2!”

+ SUPERGAMER247 on August 20th, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

good thing i won lbp 2 from the subway fire drill yesterday its free and comes early! :) good luck to anyone else who trys to win the fire drill contest ( you have to be be really fast or have fiber internet ( I dont have fiber) also it seemed harder today i didnt win :( )

+ yoo_sergio on August 20th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

Please give information for a CE in Mexico!!! I want some DLC and plushie goodness :)!

+ yoo_sergio on August 20th, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

OMG!!! THEY REALLY TOOK MY GRAVITY IDEA!!! WOW… guys… you’re my idols :’)!! Please give information of the CE in Mexico and I’ll raise up a statue and an altar for you!! :D I would start the MM religion :D!!!

+ dusek on August 20th, 2010 at 7:24 pm said:

this is AWESOME!! Creatinator is awesome! the physics are amazing and it looks WAY MORE REAL!!

LBP RULES!!!!!!

+ Berae on August 20th, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Already preordered. Its gonna be nice!

+ ProjectInfiniti on August 20th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

i’m crying in anticipation! littlebigplanet 2: NOW!!

+ corbin1xo on August 20th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

i want it now

+ Rene_Led on August 20th, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

@27zekececil14
Yeah I imagine you would not even dare attempt to hit me in the face.
All im saying is that LBP2 does not really look any diffrent from LBP 1.

+ Argetlam350 on August 20th, 2010 at 9:36 pm said:

@ 35 Rene_Led

With all the new stuff in it how does it look anything the same as LBP1? I mean I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion on matters but look at all the new stuff with in it. You can make your own music, sackbots, jump pads, new equipment, better camera views for cutscenes, levels with levels, and so much more.

It may have the same sackboy and same type of gameplay look but with all the new things in it I would say it is different from LBP 1. You can say it isn’t but I think it is.

+ papidj1 on August 20th, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

Leave Rene_Led Alone!
At least we can enjoy the game he won’t buy!

+ papidj1 on August 20th, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

Mm took the creatinator idea from a level called “play a level in creator mode” from LBP1

+ Argetlam350 on August 20th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

@ 37 papidj1

I was just saying my ideas of the game on why it doesn’t seem to be the same as LBP 1 at all. I never said he had to go along with it or anything.

If he doesn’t think that it is any different from the first. All right that’s cool. It’s his opinion.

+ zachygd on August 20th, 2010 at 11:19 pm said:

going to be a Great!! game, i have the first one greatest hits goty its great. love it, cant wait till LBP2 comes out.

+ Darkpen on August 21st, 2010 at 1:06 am said:

Oh…. oh my god.

The music sequencer…. oh my god.

+ zekececil14 on August 21st, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

@39
Opinion or not, he is still blind to the world around him! Most of the younger children are.

+ AwesomeTex on August 21st, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

Is there going to be any DLC when it comes out.

+ Zezzler on August 21st, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

I just watched the Music Sequencer Video. Its FRIGGING AMAZING!
LBP2 = WIN

+ digitalman123 on August 21st, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Evil cupcakes! Can we have disgruntled cookies and angry pie too? LBP2=:O + :)

+ Rene_Led on August 21st, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

@36 Argetlam
Thank you for giving me an honest straight answer unlike other people on here that are bashing that I hate the game. I for one never said I disliked LBP, its just im in no hurry to get this one since it seemed fairly identical to the first one.
So I see that in this game you can now make arcade-like games?
Hmm alright

@42 27zekececil14
I don’t see what is your problem. I gave an honest opinion about this game you’re just trying to pick up an argument.
I attend college now so I don’t have the time and luxury of playing video games like you do anymore so sorry I am ‘blind’ to the world around me

+ RLx3 on August 21st, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

@2
I’m in basically the same position here, ebgames.ca hasn’t updated their site so idk.

+ zekececil14 on August 21st, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

@46
I got mad because in MY eyes you basically dissed this historical change in the way we play a game. You said it wasn’t that much differant from LBP 1, or in other words “Unneeded.” You are blind because it is very obviouse this is VERY unique. I can create my own music, movies, racing games, FPSs, you name it. Those are not just levels, they are GAMES. That was not possible in LBP 1, therefore how can it be the same or nearly the same? Your comment was like walking into a bar and yelling FUK YOU! to everyone you saw. In this case you walked into a fanboy blog and said “Your game is not that great.” You may have thought you were giving an honest opinion, but in reality you were just bashing the hard work of the good people at Mm.

G’day to you sir!

+ sonicman95 on August 21st, 2010 at 11:14 pm said:

i was getting it but all of a sudden my ps3 got the yellow light of death and i dont want to buy another one WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO!?

+ Rene_Led on August 22nd, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

@49 well you can get it fixed if you under warranty but if not.. you more better off buying a new ps3
But here try this link: