Horizon Zero Dawn

Aug 23

Aug 23

Beta Feedback: How You Helped Shape Medal of Honor’s Multiplayer

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, EA

The Medal of Honor beta is now closed and we want to thank you, PlayStation fans, for supporting us! The turnout was tremendous and we could not have asked for a better experience.

Medal of Honor for PS3

It is always great to do a true beta like this, because at the end of the day, this game is for you, the gamers. We received some amazing feedback and opted to extend the beta to make sure that we were able to hear as much of it as we could. Twitter, Facebook, and our forums have been blowing up with comments and we have been taking many notes.

We have learned a lot, and we wanted to take this opportunity to run down some of the major changes/fixes we have made to the game as a direct result of your feedback.

Improved Hit Detection

This was a very big issue and came up many times in the forums. We are glad to say that hit detection has been vastly improved. We really tightened up the mechanics and essentially, wherever the bullet hits on the body — that is where the hit registers. It is even possible to shoot and have the bullet go between someone’s legs – it is that precise!

Weapon Pickups

Out of ammo? No longer do you need to find an ammo crate. Find the nearest dead enemy/friendly and pick up their weapon. And remember, the knife knows no ammunition, so if you really want to be Tier 1 — pull out that bad boy and start slashing your way to victory.

Medal of Honor for PS3

Support Actions Balanced

We heard the outcry and we have made adjustments. The support actions were tweaked and are now more difficult to achieve. There is always a fine line between what is too hard and what is too easy, but we think we have balanced it pretty well. It is just not fun when you are getting nailed with rocket and mortar attacks every 20 seconds.

Unlock Tree Expanded and Balanced

Your ascension to Tier 1 status will now be even more eventful. The unlock tree has been expanded for every weapon, providing an extensive series of choices.

Crash Fixes

Every beta has its crashes and the Medal of Honor beta was no different. We know it is frustrating, but it is all part of the beta process. The good news is that we have fixed the crashes and resolved a number of connectivity issues.

Major Graphic Overhaul

The graphics have been overhauled and upgraded. We are happy to report that the game looks even more spectacular than before.

Weapons

The weapons are essential to gameplay, obviously, and we made sure to concentrate on getting them right. The list is long and the changes are many. From zoom spread to damage inflicted, rest assured that every weapon has been modified.

These changes and fixes are just the tip of the iceberg. As we move toward the game’s release, we continue to improve the game every single day.

Make sure you follow us on Twitter, fan us on Facebook, and visit us at the official website for up-to-the-date Medal of Honor news and information.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Klass1K said:

August 23rd, 7:08 am

Let’s get an organized weapon selection.

As in Battlefield 2 where you had several classes with specific weapons for that class. Or just shorten that and have all AR’s in one class, LMG’s in one class, Snipers in one class, SMG’s in one class.

MoH right now has all different kinds of weapons in very few classes with light machine guns and sniper rifles together.

Let’s get bigger maps too and ones that aren’t linear like BFBC2. Let’s have depth, this is next-gen gaming afterall isn’t it?

Klass1K said:

August 23rd, 7:11 am

Also another complaint I have. Less make the time longer to have airstrikes actually strike.

Calling them in and then having them strike that area under 2 seconds is ridiculous.

LightAce said:

August 23rd, 7:11 am

Wow those are some major fixes. Thanks for listening. This is a day one buy for me!

Crimson_Ryan said:

August 23rd, 7:12 am

Glad to hear the improvements! Some people out there just refuse to believe it’s a beta and go off on some half-witted tangent about how the game sucks and what-have-you before they’ve even played anything from the final build!. But the improvements are definitely welcome.

I’ve got my beard growing strong waiting for this game!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

Matthew Pruitt said:

August 23rd, 12:43 pm

Keep growing that Tier 1 beard!

IrishHater said:

August 23rd, 7:12 am

I am so happy with the fixes you talked about in the above post. You guys heard the comments from your beta users and addressed them which is what every company or developer should do. I give you a round of applause. I already have it ordered and paid in full so I am 100% day 1 no matter what. So this news is music to my Tier 1 ears.

whatisdelicious said:

August 23rd, 7:12 am

Cool. Thought the beta was fun sometimes but had a lot of issues. Good to see that it was used properly.

somethingatt said:

August 23rd, 7:14 am

Yeah like you couldn’t have picked up on these without a BETA…¬_¬

Nice attempt to make the BETA and gamers involved feel relevant though.

Rytteren said:

August 23rd, 7:15 am

preordert for the forntline HD game :)

Parrrott said:

August 23rd, 7:18 am

That’s awesome. Basically everything I complained about in the beta has been fixed, although I would still like to have the option for different control schemes, such as using R2/L2 to shoot/aim. Still a day-one purchase, though. Thanks for listening! I thoroughly enjoyed the beta, despite its flaws!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

Matthew Pruitt said:

August 23rd, 12:44 pm

Unfortunately, all betas have flaws — that’s just the nature of the beast. However, when it’s all said and done, it’s very rewarding because of the direct player feedback.

HaLe_2_NaTHaN said:

August 23rd, 7:18 am

No Destruction? No Thanks!!! Give me destruction or give me death.(by 2.0 preferebly)

V_Ben said:

August 23rd, 7:19 am

thats quite the laundry list of improvements! well played :)

MGO_Count said:

August 23rd, 7:30 am

Don’t fail me here. I love BFBC2 and all the current-gen FPS games.

I know how to play em, own em and win em.
MoH has potential, but looking at these fixes, it seems that it’s going in the right path.

Zinacef said:

August 23rd, 7:35 am

Why not fix the fact that you keep dying every five seconds of gameplay!

FoX__Hawk said:

August 23rd, 7:43 am

I am so happy with the fixes

hjason1 said:

August 23rd, 7:44 am

It’s good to hear that you made the changes it needed…
This is an icon after all..

Now lets fix bfbc2 guy’s..
The hit detection in bfbc2 is not great, every since you fixed the lag it went down hill.

Also to sony, what you don’t want ps3 systems on your sites anymore?
Well just change the name of your blog, and forum to something else then.
Because now the ps3 can’t sign into the blog, nor can it read messages on the forum yet..

Please fix these issues asap thanks…

cjdunn said:

August 23rd, 7:44 am

Nice! Honestly, I was underwhelmed by the beta and will sorely miss destruction, but these changes help a lot. Hooray DICE.

wtfbolton said:

August 23rd, 7:44 am

Wow, I look back on the many issues I commented on your guys beta, and it looks like you covered nearly most of them. I’m glad you guys were able to look into the issues and at least attempt to solve them thoroughly. I look forward to the release of this game.

solace357 said:

August 23rd, 7:47 am

Day 1 purchase. I like what you guys are trying to do here. Wish you’d show more on the single player!

Matthew Pruitt's Avatar

Matthew Pruitt said:

August 23rd, 12:45 pm

More single-player is coming SOON!

jc18378 said:

August 23rd, 7:48 am

Awesome news, I really hope they fixed the zoom option on the sniper rifles. I hope the graphics look just as good as the campaigns!

m101dream said:

August 23rd, 7:53 am

How about knowing where your getting shot from , also you get killed in seconds give a chance .

mrpaulryan said:

August 23rd, 7:55 am

What about the fact that every time you try to aim as you shoot, you end up knifing instead? That’s the whole reason I never bought the game.

Vincent_Kavaldra said:

August 23rd, 7:58 am

Ah, Medal of Honor. The beta I was playing when my PS3 bricked. Good memories.

FUCHIPATAS said:

August 23rd, 8:07 am

Cool to have played the BETA, but I agree with m101dream and mrpaulryan concerning lack of killcam and knifing while trying to aim respectively.

tidus808 said:

August 23rd, 8:12 am

You are very welcome! :)

Santesyu said:

August 23rd, 8:16 am

Will most def get this, and I hope this game does well better then expected.

token_12 said:

August 23rd, 8:23 am

FINALLY! Some great fixes. WOO WOO! I hope they fixed the setting to where you don’t have to adjust them every time you load up the game..

FUCHIPATAS said:

August 23rd, 8:24 am

I found it way too similar to BF:BC2 Multiplayer, and yes I know DICE developed both.
That’s my problem with it.
I will only buy if the Singleplayer is excellent and of decent length.

El_Hoardo said:

August 23rd, 8:26 am

Weird… I always found the support actions to be underpowered. I don’t think I got a single kill using them.

moriarty1975 said:

August 23rd, 8:34 am

So is buying the game the only way of getting MoH : Frontline? Any chance of it been put on the store at some point?

KidCommando said:

August 23rd, 8:41 am

Just thought it was more of the same. Maybe I am just burned out on tactical fps though. To me, BF:BC2 is a far superior game.

military war first person shooters are just getting stale it seems.

nenous said:

August 23rd, 8:45 am

When i saw that apache gunship in action i knew its was a day1 buy, just an amazing looking game.

viguru said:

August 23rd, 8:46 am

Thanks for listening and giving us such a wonderful experience, I preordered it at least a month or more ago @amazon :)

poodude said:

August 23rd, 8:53 am

THANK YOU! I was really put off by the beta, but after seeing these fixes I’ll go pre order it when I go to pick up my copy of Halo: Reach.

Hitman-Merc said:

August 23rd, 9:00 am

haha FNG’s noobtubes…!! are you kidding me with those pictures?

Canto4 said:

August 23rd, 9:07 am

will there be a demo before release

CrapForce said:

August 23rd, 10:16 am

I still dont trust this game (in being good) so another online demo
will make me decide.

Another thing you guys only listen to your fans in the beginning but after you let go. Look what happen to Battlefield BadCompany 2 people want NEW maps but you guys just wont listen and give them a new mode with old maps! We want NEW maps before vietnam,people are going to get bored of playing BFBC2 in old maps and will put it aside then there will be no one to buy vietnam.

mark1955 said:

August 23rd, 10:25 am

@PaulRyan: I had the same issue with the R3-Melee’ attack with the controller, I would use the R analog stick to move my aim and if I tried to fire/Strafe while doing that I would get the knife melee’ attack and would get killed since I was not close enough to do any damage (when I was aiming across the map at an enemy or even from one side of building. I hope they get that fixed or let us modify the controller with presets like MAG so that you can move the melee to another location on the controller. That would take care of the problem, melee’ should not be on the analog sticks since they wear out and the R3 would be the first item to fail.

R_Pizz3l said:

August 23rd, 10:31 am

I would like to have it when you shoot, the shells just don’t get small and go through the ground I like seeing a pile of shells when I’m done shooting like in Call of Duty that’s really the only complaint I have

Destiny89 said:

August 23rd, 10:33 am

I liked the beta, killstreaks were a bit annoying to use tho

PunchoThaBoss said:

August 23rd, 10:43 am

EA> Activison

Good to hear all the things you guys fixed. 1ST DAY BUY NOW.
I’m also looking forward to Battlefield: Bad company 2 Vietnam.
I’m glad you guys put betas on the PS3. I wouldn’t have gotten BFBC2 or any Battlefield games period if it wasn’t for that BFBC2 beta.

Good Job EA!

Mercenary09 said:

August 23rd, 10:44 am

This comes out on my birthday so that makes a great game even better!

jimfear said:

August 23rd, 10:53 am

you said that the game look even more spectacular i guess you mean even more like battlefield bad company?

plaztiksyke said:

August 23rd, 11:26 am

I found the environments way too constrained, almost like an on-rails shooter, but without the fun of being an on-rails shooter. I hope there is a story from the perspective of innocent citizens who are losing their lives during the carpet bombing.

I hope DICE gets back to Mirror’s Edge once this game ships.

CapinChronic said:

August 23rd, 12:33 pm

Who needs MOH when I have MAG.. I’ll be passing on this.. Time to play a little MAG!!! Zipper > DICE

micco12 said:

August 23rd, 12:52 pm

So I read somewhere that every pre-order gets the L.E things. Can somebody proof this because I pre-ordered “Medal of Honor” and not the same prized L.E.? PLEASE ANSWER!

koma1tose said:

August 23rd, 1:10 pm

if anybody has trouble signing in the blog with their ps3 , all u got to do is loggin when u get on the page press triangle n go to tools and turn javascript off , now refresh the page u should now see the boxes to put email n pass before signing in turn javascript back on . . . text from my ps3

koma1tose said:

August 23rd, 1:12 pm

why is comment on moderation when im giving info so u can loggin using the ps3

Dinsdale1978 said:

August 23rd, 1:27 pm

Glad to see that changes are being considered. I had some doubts with some of the glitches and early impressions, but after being in the beta and seeing how things are progressing, I am glad to have a pre-order in on this title.

Now to convince my clan to join me in getting beardy with it.

FerrariThugs said:

August 23rd, 1:30 pm

Thanks to Bad Company 2 for setting the bar
every game now a days needs to have
1) Destructible buildings
2) Vehicles
3) Bigger maps

If a game doesn’t have all of these, it’s not good.
Therefore I won’t be buying this game.

ATOMS11 said:

August 23rd, 1:38 pm

Thanks guys for the opportunity to play in the beta! The game is shaping up to be a competitor in the intense world of FPS’s. A must buy for me!

PAGE 1 2