Minecraft PS4

Shank on PSN Tomorrow, Costume Unlock Code for PlayStation.Blog Readers

Jamie Cheng's Avatar + Posted by Jamie Cheng on Aug 23, 2010 // Co-Founder, Klei

Hello again, everyone! I’m Jamie, co-founder of Klei, doing one final PlayStation.Blog post before the game launches on PSN tomorrow! You can see my previous articles on the PlayStation.Blog, and watch the Shank launch trailer below.

Over the last few days, we’ve been announcing the Shank Costumes over at the official Shank blog, and divulging how to unlock them on our Twitter account.

Jeff asked if I could divulge one unlock criteria especially for PlayStation.Blog readers, so obviously I complied. The costume I chose was one that’s close to impossible to stumble across.

So, today’s special is costume number 8 — the ANY-S costume!

Unlock Criteria

After completing the single-player campaign, input a slight modification to the classic Konami code: up+up+down+down+left+right+left+right+circle+x.

As you can guess, these outfits are odes to our own geeky fantasies. Naming them was a fun little exercise. Did you know that “Droid” is trademarked? I didn’t.

And with that, I’m off! Enjoy the launch trailer and let me know if you have any questions! As usual, I’ll lurk in these forums as well as the official Facebook page.

+ necroticart on August 23rd, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

For an indie studio you guys have visually done an amazing job. I hope you plan on releasing a demo soon so as many gamers as possible can try your game

+ Frostquake on August 23rd, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

Thank You Very Much for a Single Player game…as I don’t Play online and I don’t like Co-op!!! This game was made for me!

+ DeadCell34 on August 23rd, 2010 at 7:26 pm said:

I don’t understand all the people wanting it free or discounted for PS+ members. Yes, you paid for a description but that doesn’t mean to get EVERYTHING on sale or free. Besides, this is a new game…. give the game devs a chance to make some money first.

+ GhostX1984 on August 23rd, 2010 at 7:31 pm said:

Aww yeah! Shank Tomorrow. I will be refreshing the PSN store like crazy waiting for this game to be put up. It seems to always be updated in the evening.

Love the style! Thanks for the free soundtrack as well!

+ Thrasher20 on August 23rd, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

Looks really fun

+ maxim2boobles on August 23rd, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

why is it difficult to have online co-op in a game?

+ DethLocke on August 23rd, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

I just want to say a very big “Thank You” to Jamie Cheng for responding to my earlier comment. It really means a lot to me that you would respond to a negative concern about your game, and I feel that is very important, and extremely rare.

To what you said, it makes more sense now that you pointed out the game is focusing on a single player experience, and the co-op was just an added extra (unlike scott pilgrim). Because of this, I will highly reconsider this game : )

Jamie Cheng's Avatar

+ Jamie Cheng on August 24th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks DethLocke! Happy I could clear things up.

+ Chance_Splinter on August 23rd, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

Just wanted to say Shank has been… well, #1 on my downloadable-games list since I saw a trailer around this time last year. There are not enough gorgeous, lovingly-animated 2-D action-platformers, I say!

I was absolutely thrilled when it got picked up by EA for distribution, and it will be bought, downloaded and played without the perusal of a single review.

Here’s to you, Klei! Congratulations. It’s been a long time coming.

+ XenoNative on August 23rd, 2010 at 9:28 pm said:

and to think i was about to add money to my ps wallet to get gtaIV: ballad of gay tony. jus hope the ps store update get updated before i leave for work.

+ Deadkittyninja on August 23rd, 2010 at 9:32 pm said:

Man for some reason I forgot this was coming out tomorrow :(
I just had $50 on my account and spent most of it leaving $23 so I could get Castle Crashers next week. Looks like I’ll have to wait a little while to get this. :(

+ Benmo316 on August 23rd, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

Shank looks like a blast, can’t wait to get it tomorrow!

+ Letters2Kay on August 23rd, 2010 at 10:29 pm said:

I DID know “Droid” is trademarked. All the Android print ads and even the radio ads mention that the term “Droid” is TM Lucasfilm, Ltd. Lame. :/

+ Agent_Arenas23 on August 23rd, 2010 at 10:30 pm said:

wow, no online co-op sucks. they should definitely make this an online co-op game cause then everyone will get it cause it looks bad ass and Scott Pilgrim should’ve been online in the 1st place also.

+ Agent_Arenas23 on August 23rd, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

& p.s, I love EA, they are really good at making games and I wish they would make a really good madden next year cause Madden 11 kinda sucks, sorry to say that cause I love Madden & It hurts for me to say that but hopefully they will make NBA “Elite” better than Live 10, way to many glitches in that game

+ spatsnaz on August 23rd, 2010 at 11:10 pm said:

Seems like great fun! Hopefully it does well for you guys!

+ modchipz on August 24th, 2010 at 1:10 am said:

nice trailer! :)

+ bgenius on August 24th, 2010 at 3:09 am said:

I wish it had online, but I will get the game none the less. Not every game I play has to have online. As long as the single player is good, then I will enjoy the game

+ jimmyhoffa82 on August 24th, 2010 at 4:32 am said:

i would like to applaud you for your honest replies, on top of your honesty i also think you game looks kick [DELETED], ill buy it!

+ Freditor on August 24th, 2010 at 5:12 am said:

Hi there!

Just to make sure: will this also be released for the European store?

+ SKeRJ on August 24th, 2010 at 5:22 am said:

I will buy an extra copy to keep for myself for everyone who cries about lack of online co-op!! You spoiled spoiled kids .

+ TaMpA_bLaCk on August 24th, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

Sweet! This is going to be my first game I buy off PSN. I have bought plenty of add-ons but this is my first game. Shank looks awesome! Also PSN’s Necromachina coming in a few months.

+ schiz-o-phren-ic on August 24th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

When exactly does the store update? They have a specified time in which games are put up ?

+ hush404 on August 24th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

Kewl, thx.

+ BiezulbubBill69 on August 24th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

If this game was $10 and had ONLINE coop, then I’d buy it. But since it’s doesn’t, I will be downloading this off a friend’s name and I’ll save my $15.

=)

+ PZEV on August 24th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

jeez, having PLUS is a blessing and a curse. I can’t buy anything that’s not on discount because I’m paranoid about being gyped in the future. I wish PLUS members could be notified, “will be discounted in future” or “Will never be discounted”. Otherwise, some games I’ll never play because they may or may not be discounted in the future.
Or, if PLUS members can get some kind of compensation for games already purchased, that would make us happy.

+ codename_W on August 24th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

so, the single player story is different than the co-op ?

Jamie Cheng's Avatar

+ Jamie Cheng on August 24th, 2010 at 10:53 am said:

Yep! The singleplayer campaign is the main storyline, while the co-op campaign tells the backstory and events leading up to it.

+ marlyt on August 24th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Yes, finally a new game to play when I’m pissed off. I can’t wait!!! Take that Fallout 3.

+ Freditor on August 24th, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Jamie, just to make sure: will this also be released for the European store?

Jamie Cheng's Avatar

+ Jamie Cheng on August 24th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

Yes, though the EU store is updated on Wednesdays (tomorrow)

+ Freditor on August 24th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

Yeah, I know… unfortunately :)

Looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

+ awsome_robot on August 24th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

How can I purchase the game? I keep getting 80023102/can’t add funds since early monday. I was told it was maintenece but seems more like a renovation.

+ xuipid on August 24th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

@76 and reply

wow that’s an intelligent way to do co-op. kudos. If the game were in my price range I’d pick it right up!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

ok it’s the 24th how bout ya put up Shank so we could BUY it allready…HUH!!!!! OMG!!! You people take forever!!! And I’m sick of it! As soon as it hits 12 am for the psn where ever it resides is when the new games should be up for sale, cause the 24th started 15 hours ago here in new jersey!!! Where the F is SHANK????!!!!????

+ AmirAbd on August 24th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

I need my dose of Shank, update PSN. UPDATE!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

I mean ya shoulda just said the 25th comes out Shank cause in like 7, 8 hours it will be the 25th!!!! I mean really guys get your multi billion dollar money makeing scheme together!!! See what I’m sayin you got people so pissed and anxious to give you our MONEY that were beatin down the door to give ya our hard earned MONEY and ya cant even get a game out on time!!!!! Holy [DELETED]!!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Hey, show us the game like 8 months before its gonna be out then on the day that it is suposed to come out……..take FOREVER!! Just go “type..type.type.type…type….type..type”..ok its on the psn…done!! Or no??

+ Bodude69 on August 24th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

So everybody is asking, and because I’m anxious to play it, I’m going to ask does anybody know when the US PSN store will update? Because i’d rather have a specific time then check every 5 minutes ahaha. *going crazy*

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

I wanna know how many game hours is the single story mode and how many for co-op being that their suposely different, and did the single lose game time being that the co-op is the start of the story.In other words is the single story shorter now because the co-op is part of the story as well? Like would the single story have like 4 or 5 hrs of gameplay if co-op was not part of the story? and say now its only like 2 or 3 hrs because the co-op has like 2 to 3 hrs of different story gameplay, or did that not matter???

+ JTMoney989 on August 24th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

can we get our shank on please…what takes soooo long to get a game on their if yall wouldnt have that “whats new” crap i dont think itd be as much of a hassle.by the way the whats new crap is the worst addition to the ps3!! i hope they get an update to do away with that god awful advertising schtick!! it suks

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

Hey jtmoney989 you can shut off that “whats new” thing your self bud!!Go to settings,system settings,display[what's new] on or off. Come on now!!

+ Freditor on August 24th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

MVN73… chill. Seriously. Go watch a movie or something, it will make the wait seem shorter. Also, the store always updates this late.

+ charlie1983g on August 24th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

What time??? Im waiting and nothing

+ JTMoney989 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

Turning off the whats new still doesnt take into fact that thats 1 more thing they have 2 update besides the website b4 they can update the store. And yes mvn73 it is off [DELETED]..its just a worthless advertising mechanism that is stupid and unwanted by most owners almost evry1 i know has it off!! who with me !!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Now What????????????????????

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Well 5 1/2 hours away and it will be the next day the 25th and STILL No SHANK….ummmmmm..thats awesome.

+ JTMoney989 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Turning off the whats new still doesnt take into fact that thats 1 more thing they have 2 update besides the website b4 they can update the store. And yes mvn73 it is off ..its just a worthless advertising mechanism that is stupid and unwanted by most owners almost evry1 i know has it off!! whos with me !!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

But fair is fair and I do live in NJ so its 6:40pm here and it is ONLY 3:40pm PSN time so it has ONLY been 16 hours out of the 24 that are in a day and STILL no SHANK?? Nope I tried to make you guys seem ok but…NOPE its not ok!!!!!

+ MVN73 on August 24th, 2010 at 3:47 pm said:

Im not buying it!!!!

+ charlie1983g on August 24th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

i dont see anything clear, do you think is the wait worth? how many hours of game??

+ JTMoney989 on August 24th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

Shank website says the psn store usually updates around 3pm (psn time) so it should be within an hour r so because they are already an hour late…calm down peeps..calm down!!

+ Freditor on August 24th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

It’s already out on US PSN. Use the search feature an stop whining!