LittleBigPlanet 3

AlphabeTees Coming this Thursday to PlayStation Home + the Best of the PlayStation Home Community!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Aug 25, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

Last week we offered you a preview of a brand new game known as AlphabeTees – a social trivia game exclusive to PlayStation Home. The reaction from the community was, to say the least, incredibly positive. Your overwhelming enthusiasm is the reason why it brings us such pleasure to announce that AlphabeTees will be releasing this Thursday into the wide world of PlayStation Home.

AlphabeTees Poster Lineup

AlphabeTees takes the standard trivia game to a whole new level. Think: Scrabble (or a crossword puzzle) that requires teamwork, with you and your friends using clothing to answer VeeMee’s trivia questions. Here’s a quick overview of the AlphabeTees game play:

• Buy the AlphabeTees Game Pack from Central Plaza (or Threads in the PlayStation Home Mall).
  • Look out for questions on the Central Plaza Jumbotron screen.
  • Find friends who own the AlphabeTees game pack.
  • Solve the question by lining up with your friends and spelling out the answer using the AlphabeTees shirts.
  • Take a photo of you and your friends spelling out the answer using your PlayStation Home camera.
  • Upload your photo at the AlphabeTees game point in Central Plaza (simply go to the AlphabeTees kiosk, open the browser, and upload your photo!).
  • Keep your eyes on the Central Plaza Jumbotron, where the winning photos will be displayed the day after the question has been posted.

To get everyone started, VeeMee will be giving away a sample pack of 5 letters from the AlphabeTees game pack to all members of the PlayStation Home community. Get yours this Thursday, August 26th from the AlphabeTees game point in Central Plaza.

We’ve been seeing a lot of people turning into crime-fighting guardians of the community (and even a few nefarious archnemeses) ever since we released the first round of our PlayStation Home Superheroes and Supervillains costume packs last week. This week, we add some new characters into the mix – Captain Inflame-O, Sandman, and The Cyborg. Add these characters to your collection by visiting the Costumes store in the PlayStation Home Mall this week (while you are there, be sure to check the Sodium store for updates – a full list of content can be found under the Latest Update tab in your Menu Pad come Thursday morning).

PlayStation Home - CaptainInflameO PlayStation Home - Cyborg

PlayStation Home - Sandman

My good buddy GlassWalls has put together a list of some of the top sites, enthusiast media, podcasts, and other assorted projects that come from our most hardcore and loyal community members. When you can’t be in-world but need your PlayStation Home fix, we recommend you check out these offerings and support the efforts of your fellow community members.

PlayStation Home Today
One of the longest-running user-operated PlayStation Home sites, complete with a robust social networking feature, a PlayStation Home community news feed, and much, much more.

Gamer Indepth Podcast
One of the first podcasts focused on PlayStation Home. A fantastic resource for all PlayStation Home community members – the G.I. staff specialize in delivering relevant content, kept fresh with regular updates.

HOMEstyle Magazine
An incredible undertaking, the widely-applauded HOMEstyle magazine is affiliated with the PlayStation Home Today site and is packed from front to back with PlayStationHomeToday.com. Check out their newest issue (#7) today.

Gamer Knights

Another Home-centric podcast that is a must-listen for all PlayStation Home fanatics. Gamer Knights is connected to the mega-popular Gamer In-Depth podcast.

PS Talent
The brainchild of some of the most creative and dedicated PlayStation Home users, PS Talent is perhaps best known for their Machinima videos. These guys and gals have put a lot of effort into this site. We highly suggest taking a stroll through their Video Vault.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 12:07 pm said:

Not much of an update this week.

+ BlooodyCow on August 25th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Yeah, so I log into HOME yesterday because apparently I unlock HOME contents from RDR. Yep, HOME is still crap and still in BETA after 3 years

+ Copper_83 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Am I wrong or is there no “T” T Shirt?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 25th, 2010 at 12:56 pm said:

Don’t worry – there will be a “T” t-shirt in the game pack.

+ Trixzter7 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

When is the Trophy Room coming?
But other than that I guess it’s a good update.

+ zekececil14 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

What happened to the PlayStation Move event? It was announced to come the next morning after the announcement, but nothing! What happened?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 25th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Good news! We will be releasing the Move event on Thursday, September 2nd.

+ irs5761 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

What’s next week update

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

This alphabet contest seems cool..kinda wish it would come in other colors besides RED.I think it would be AWESOME if they let us customize a t-shirt or sweater now thats something im sure the PS HOME Community would be interested in ;)

+ cuterena on August 25th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

No Q, no T…..

And, no female costumes?

+ S-E-G on August 25th, 2010 at 12:16 pm said:

finally we can say stuff without being censored

+ SpyDudeFX on August 25th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Is there a prize for getting posted on the Jumbotron? And for people wondering PS Move Event space launches on 9/2 and the shirts bundle is $2.49 lol

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Where’s hearitwow’s 5 minute HomeCast reference?

+ nissangtr261 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

we need a new IREM update there hasn’t been one in months. Japan already has 6 spaces. if its a matter of releasing the games that represent the spaces then give us Spelunker, Pachipara 15 or even more R-Type games. we need more IREM content in Home.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on August 25th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

There is an update to the Irem Square this week as well!

+ xokimberlyox on August 25th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Yes, why are there no female costumes this time?

+ zekececil14 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

@10
Thank you, and how did you come by this information?

+ Kirkpad on August 25th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

That game sounds really tedious and time consuming. And it costs… money?

+ phatso64 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

where’s my topgun flight suit ? i spent $15 on a game that’s not worth 5 , can i at least have my outfit ?

+ HFarnsworth on August 25th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

I’m going to have to unleash my latest invention if that sand fellow gets loose. Behold! A team of mutant, atomic supermen version 2.0!

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on August 25th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

sony since today is my birthday do i get anything special for ps home :-)

+ Haskell420 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

very cool indeed. Now comes the hard part, findign people you can trust to show up etc..

+ stardeth on August 25th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

In reference to the hero costumes, please understand that this is no slight on any particular group of people, but the first hero looks more like his name should be Captain Flaming —O.

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

Home has definitly lost its way with me, clothes clothes clothes spaces spaces, all this but NOTHING for media, there no voice chat/party chat, Cant play your your own music or movies that I, THATS RIGHT THAT I BOUGHT FROM PSN in hopes one day i will,, trust me id rather buy the BLU RAY but figure i spend to support but Home’s direction is a complete 360 from ANYTHING WE Thought. i have a powerful cell processor blu ray beast to play puzzles in a Hi Def World. lol

THIS IS VERY SAD HOW HOME IS DOING SUCH BASIC STUFF… SOOO MANY IDEAS SUBMITTTED AND THE BABY STUFF IS GIVIN, I HONESTLY BELIEVE THIS APP WILL GET BACKED UP AND DELETED SOON.

THERE WAS SOO MUCH STUFF THAT THIS CURRENT STAFF SAID THAT HAS NOT FLORISHED AND NO ONE HAS A CLUE AS TO SONY’S PLANS FOR HOME AS THEY REVEAL NADA.

HOME HAS WENT THE WAY OF THE CRITICS, I HOPE I CHANGES BUT LOOK AT THE LAST COUPLE OF UPDATES AND THE WHOLE FEW MOTHS BEFORE, NOTHING ON MOVIES/VOICE/MUSIC. TRUEY SAD/VERY BORING NOW AND YES I HAVE FRIENDS BUT THEY ONT EEN GO IN CEPT FOR 1.

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Look’s like I’ll be spending my extra gaming cash on facebook games again for this week. Nothing good on PSN and Home. Until I see better content and features I’ll just pass.

+ TheUndertaker85 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:43 pm said:

This looks like a really terrible update. If this is the route Home is going then I think it’s safe to say it won’t last much longer. Where’s many of the key things Home was meant for? Even things to bring more functionality to Home that’s already available on the PS3? Video playback, web browsing, music support… So much is missing from Home.

How about some clues as to if Home will ever support the Move? A conference call setup so multiple people can voice chat at once outside of personal spaces or club houses? Jeez… It’s time to get the ball rolling for Home, not just throw out more pricey virtual crap.

+ Jeigh on August 25th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

Yeah, the trophy room was really a cornerstone of the whole experience. This thing is on the PS3 for a reason, but even with the game-themed spaces, it seems to be free-floating, independent from the PS3 as a whole or, at the very most, connected by limited threads. What I do in KZ2, FFXIII or inFamous doesn’t affect Home, and nothing I do in Home affects any of those. This thing needs to get tied down the the pillars of the entire PS3 universe rather than trying to stand on its own.

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

I want to see Move support for PS Home for things like placing furniture around in your apartments, targeting objects and viewing profiles, point and click at on-screen keyboard to type etc… etc…

+ Jeigh on August 25th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

@ polo155

I couldn’t even stand to read your comment- it’s hard to take your seriously when you use caps lock. I guarantee you no one at Sony does either- they probably won’t even read your comment, let alone respond to it.

+ Powie on August 25th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

What happened to the Move event space?

Please fix the controls too, it shouldn’t take 3 or 4 tries to get your Avatar to dance. This has been an issue since public launch of home.

Meh another crappy update for Home, PS+.

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

@22 WAS YOU WATCHING ME TYPE, SAME EXACT GRIEFD!! HOME IS GETTING VERY VERY BORING NOT EVERYONE WANT BASIC RUN AROUND STUFF ALL THE TIME, HUNTS AND PUZZLES ON SCREEN IS NOT ALWAYS THE MOVE, BBOORRIINNGG AND LOCUST SAID TO ME AND I STILL HAVE THE MEWSSAGES ABOUT WHAT TO DO TO SUBMIT MY MUSIC FOR HOME THEN AFTER THAT TIME DATE I BELIEVE HE BLOCKED ME ON THE FOURMS LMAOO I DONT SEE HIS ICON UNLESS IM NOT SIGNED IN LOL. I BEEN OVER THAT BUT FIGURED HE DO GOOD WHEN HE FIRST CAME ON BOARD AFTER CYD WAS HIRED THEN HE CAME.

VIDEOS/MUSIC/BROWSER NOT HI DEF PUZZLES WITH SHIRTS WE HAVE TO BUY.. ALL THE SHIRTS PPL BOUGHT FOR THE LAST COUPLE YEARS SHOULD COVER THE COST OF ALPHABETE SHIRTS… SORRY SONY THIS IS GOING THE WAY OF THE LAME

+ firestar500 on August 25th, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

Does anybody have a problem with losing all their rewards because last night I log in to home and it erase all the rewards I got

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

@ S-E-G “Finally we can say stuff without being censored” Watch how many users get suspended or banned in groups.

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

@25 weather its caps or lower case pink font size 20 its still letters so if you dont want to read it dont but what u wrote said absolutly NOTHING about the post topic so i dont anyone will read you and take you serious.so would u take someone serious who dont start there sentence w/o a capital? lmao@this kid

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

We know this update wasn’t totally spectacular and may not please everyone here but there’s really no need for flaming other users posting on the PS Blog.

+ KoalaAteYoBaby on August 25th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Wait, this was a concern when I heard of the alphabetee’s contest: Are you going to dump 26 lettered shirts in my wardrobe? Because I don’t think my wardrobe can handle that many shirts. Also, there aren’t any female costumes? I guess that’s okay because no one will wear the latest female costume pants anyway. What happened to the move space? Why does it seem like your letting us down over and over again, promising things that you’ll never deliver? If your excuse is “Because we’re in beta,” A lot of games go into beta but they actually take the time to get feedback and release information in advance so there can be discussion, they don’t lie.

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

@31 who’s flaming?

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

didnt see u paper, sup! are u enjoying Home?

+ Shortnsassy37 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

it is an ok update this week, and to KoalaAteYoBaby, if you look on the forums you will find that Locust_Star posted about the move space and when we were gonna get it.

+ PaperCarrier on August 25th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

over 26 alphabetic shirts in the wardrobe = wardrobe lag, and disorganized placements.

+ polo155 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

@32 @35 AGREED and AGREED!

+ King0fHearts2007 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

This update seems a lot like last weeks update. People where not happy then and they don’t seem to be happy now.

We want the things they told us we where getting in the closed beta. TV’s, Radios, The Hall of Fame, hovercrafts and every thing else I didn’t list.

I do hope they do start to fix Home and some day it will come out of this dumb closed beta.

+ plaztiksyke on August 25th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Speaking of IREM, I would love to see an R-type HD release on PSN with trophies and Home rewards. R-type is one of my favorite classes games!

+ jayyy91 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

I honestly used to like Home and I was even in the Closed Beta and enjoyed it. But I got tired of waiting for media sharing, trophy room, etc. and I never really liked all the games (like Sodium) they kept adding in. I’m not bashing Home, it’s just not for me anymore but I know there are people out there who still enjoy it and I’m glad they do!

+ jayyy91 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

@22 Agreed. Those are my thoughts exactly.

+ llSupernova on August 25th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

The feeling I have about home is there is no improvements since way too long. It might even been abandonned by Sony.

The hundreds items in the wardrobe issue is a deception. We should got a second wardrobe called the crapdrobe, where we can store our useless items.

It’s been months we have none or little clothes update, no new dances, avatar emtotes, not even emoticones in our pop up text.

There is a million of small things that can be done, but it’s a deception almost every weeks since the last months. I wonder why CydoniaX left, did she saw the lack of interest/budget from Sony ?

+ pieeater100 on August 25th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Why does the black avatar have the n T shirt -__-

+ HerbertFortoon on August 25th, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

Like all things Home related,

Pass

+ HerbertFortoon on August 25th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

My previous comment is being judged. Suffice it to say I don’t like Home.

+ Carl-G on August 25th, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

Swear words incoming in HOME then? :D

+ Gump_ on August 25th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

LMAO…this reminds me of the Jingleheimer Junction skit from SNL.

+ MAN-OF-PEACE on August 25th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

how much are the ABC Tshirts though?

+ Bengar3 on August 25th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Hey locust, whats going on with clothing, we need more cool fashionable clothes at threads, it’s been months since we got some new clothes, u guys need to make less costumes and start getting us some clothes :) and i dont mean 60′s stuff

PAGE 1 2