PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

SOCOM 4 gamescom Floor Demo: Video tour

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Aug 26, 2010 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

It’s a proud week for us here at Zipper Interactive as tomorrow marks the 8th birthday of our first-ever PS2 game and the title that started a huge multimillion-selling franchise, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs. To celebrate the eight-year mark, we’ve put together a special video for our fans.

In it, you’ll experience the gamescom 2010 SOCOM 4 demo in its entirety with commentary by lead designer, Travis Steiner. This is the first time anywhere that you’ll see the gamescom demo played all the way through and in high-definition, making it a “must watch” for anyone even remotely interested in what we have in store for 2011.

Let us know what you think below, and please accept our sincerest thanks for making the first eight years of SOCOM as great as they have been. Here’s to many more to come!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ jimfear on August 26th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

first!
yep i’ve got nothing to say

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on August 26th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

Then I have nothing to reply with!

+ GJD21 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

How about multiplayer footage?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on August 26th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

MP details are coming later in the year. Hang in there!

+ Hitman-Merc on August 26th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

MAG will ownes this game 256 times till the get the new beta fixed with the wiistation controller thing i want to play the new maps escalation

+ VooDoo_94 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

@jimfear

ROFL!

+ MvSly14 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

wat the hell is a wiistation???

+ zlihunger on August 26th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

:D

+ zlihunger on August 26th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

great game guys gonna definitely pick it up

+ ACDarkKnight on August 26th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

I know the game isn’t planned for a while, Q1, but any word on coop. 5 Player Coop would be awesome but it seems like it wouldn’t be feasable. The game looks amazing and I cannot wait for it to release!

+ versus7 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

Whoa i might actually buy this game

+ Hitman-Merc on August 26th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

lol who lets the noob shoot?

+ Sponge-worthy on August 26th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

Looks good so far!

+ HighNmighty on August 26th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

Looks good, welcome back Zipper

+ Hitman-Merc on August 26th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

wiistation is the move thing wii copyed controller now for ps3

+ BigBoss712 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Liked the stage demo, looking forward to seeing some new levels and of course hearing about the MP.

+ PAYNE_4_ALL on August 26th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

This looks like a cool game. Unfortunately, it does not look like a Socom game and looks rather easy. I find it amusing how with each new Socom that comes out, the devs claim how they keep improving AI more and more. If I recall, Socom II’s AI was the most challenging.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on August 26th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

It’s a demo — demo versions are made easier so people can check the content out without too much interruption. Final game will be more difficult.

+ VooDoo_94 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

The Facial Animations are really well done and realistic. ;)

+ Chriscanuck on August 26th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Very impressive looking cinematic’s and player animation. the quick command seems impressive, but i would still really like to see the good old Socom command list from all the other games, with add headset support… but im sure you guys won’t dissapoint us lol

Keep up the great work and i can’t wait to play this when it comes out!

+ jacob-813 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

I want this. Hope it’s not M.

+ SchuddeBuikje on August 26th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Are there any stealth missions in Socom 4? Like the first Socom 2 mission and the nightmission in the suburbs in brasil if im right?

+ Casketman- on August 26th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

I would rather see and hear more about the online play. I know its still way to early for it though.

Chances are I wont bother with the missions just like in the past games.

+ SchuddeBuikje on August 26th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Are we still able to play it with the classic socom 2 camera mode?

+ yoge on August 26th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

looks really good looking forward to this game.

+ SpecterMk23 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Great video, single player looks great.

Any word though if I can play in classic view while using the Move as well as the DS3?

+ SaveSocom on August 26th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

i feel like crying tears of sorrow when i think or look at socom 4.

+ Hitman-Merc on August 26th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

0% aim skills try zooming in with scopes

+ Marston43 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

The game is looking awesome. Keep up the good work guys.

+ skynidas on August 26th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

Wow, this looks so good. Everything looks great. Can’t wait for multiplayer details. Hope this game comes out early 2011.

+ PAYNE_4_ALL on August 26th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Thanks for the response Dunham, that cleared a few things up. I wonder if whoever is calling the shots over there realizes that a Socom II remake is a gold mine. I truly don’t think its fair to us oldschool fans that Zipper won’t bring back that experience we all loved. I miss talking [DELETED] and breaking hardware. It’s not Zipper’s fault that Slant Six tried and failed.

Vote for S2 HD people!

+ PHILLYD_1230 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

THAT WAS AWESOME I WOULD PICK THIS UP!!

+ mountain_duwe on August 26th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

two questions and two comments…

questions:
1. i notice that R3 is used to zoom in this demo. in past SOCOM games, R3 was used to reload. will there be a ‘classic’ control setting?
2. i read in the comment above about multiplayer info, ‘later this year.’ can you be any more specific than that?

comments:

1. the game looks gorgeous.
2. i miss Specter and Jester already. :(

+ tuttman1234 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Looks like a fairly impressive shooter. I can’t wait

+ Angels–Airwaves on August 26th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Is this still a Navy seal based game? I feel like it should be more stealthy although that would be boring for us gamers to watch as a teaser. Another thing, objects in the background were noticeably appearing late.. Will that be fixed?

+ Justp94 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

I am happy this got delayed because Fall 2010 has TOO many good releases. So, then i’ll have to time to save up for Killzone, twisted metal, Socom 4, & Resistance 3.

+ KuraiWarrior on August 26th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Will there be unlockables for the multiplayer like the gillie suit?

+ MvSly14 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

the move??the move was under development b4 the wii came besides the moves gonna b way better 4 starters u can play this awesome game with the move

+ SyphonFilter- on August 26th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

cool,please make online like SOCOM 2. Make sure the maps have only one version and modes should be specific to a map.

+ XxMicro_CutsxX on August 26th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Is it gonna be super stealthy like the others? Because this video looked similar to MW2, as much as it kills me to say that.
I owned Socom 1 and then got an Xbox 360, sold that, got a PS3 almost a year ago, and I want to experience that fear and slow moving gaming again.

+ OneShotOneKill52 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

Very cool im lookin forward to the release :)

+ CartBlanche on August 26th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Socom 4 wasn’t really on my radar until I saw this gameplay demo.
There are some really cool features there and my interest is definitely peaked. I look forward to seeing more about the game.
Single Player and Co-op are what are most important for me. I’m keeping Killzone 3 as my multi-player Game of Choice in 2011.

+ MnGhost1980 on August 26th, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

The game looks great! I can not wait for it! Dont listen to people who say you need to have 256 players. SOCOM 2 only had 8v8 and was probably the best shooter online. Keep doing what ya doin.

+ David2Crazy on August 26th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

Looking really good. I think I can speak for everyone when I say, I cannot wait to see multiplayer.

+ B1gg_Randall on August 26th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

I never played a Socom game but I getting this…Can you tell us if we are getting a beta this year…please say yes..

+ Unknown_Gunner on August 26th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

As long as the MP plays like Socom 2, I will be happy. Every single person who loves Socom wants a Socom 2 MP remake, pleaseeeee just do that… update the graphics and stuff but dont get too fancy.. Cant wait to see more MP details

+ thegriefer on August 26th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

this game is gonna be awesome, but it would make it so much better if it had co op campaign.

+ DoomnY on August 26th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Too quick reloading and grenades throwing.

+ Edd on August 26th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

It really looks great, I noticed how realistic the faces look and the animations, It’s pretty impressive I gotta say. You guys should make more videos of it using the Move controller though, and I was wondering as far as Move goes, will there be an option to have no dead zone with move and have it move the camera an not just the reticle?

+ DoomnY on August 26th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

…weapong changing also too fast. Too arcade style 4me.

+ litterature on August 26th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Great to see that ;) Thanks Jeremy
Is it possible to realease this demo on Playstation Store for playing please … You can take that for the Socom Birthday ;) Please please

+ washi152 on August 26th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

is there a campaign co-op?

+ FerrariThugs on August 26th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said: