Far Cry 4

LittleBigPlanet Community Update: PAX Preview, 3 Million User Levels

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Aug 27, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

First off, thanks to all our LittleBigPlanet Creators! We’ve officially reached 3 million levels online. LBP fans FTW!

Packin’ for PAX

We’re neck deep in preparing for next week’s PAX (aka Penny Arcade Expo), a big gaming event in Seattle. While we’re at it, we wanted to send an early invite for you to come out and hang with us at PAX. We’ll have tons of activities, including:

• PLAY new Story mode levels
  • CREATE in our hands-on Community Corner
  • SHARE Central: Ask us any question and we’ll answer it!
  • Sackboy PLUSHIES for sale!
  • Photo ops with our larger-than-life Sackboy
  • …and T-shirt GIVEAWAYS throughout the day.

LittleBigPlanet 2 at PAX: t-shirt

Drop by during PAX (September 3 – 5) and look for us at booth #112. You can’t miss us!

LittleBigPlanet 2 at PAX: Booth concept image

Sackboy on the Web

• We owe our thanks to EatMyDst and SackRacer77, sorry we didn’t give you the props you deserved on the last post for the awesome cardboard POD!
  • At the beach (by Rhyfelwr):

Sackboy sand sculpture

Keep a safe hold on your coffee…good stuff, Sarah!

Sackboy cup holder

Community Corner

Lots of community goodness from our ever-loving fans and fan sites.

• MUST-PLAY community level (seriously, this is amazing) = Dragon Slayer by Jaeyden and Centurion24
  • More awesome LittleBigPlanet Contraptions from our EU sister community forum challenge…

And finally…

Let’s see YOUR drawings! Include a link in the comments below. Who knows? You might get some goodies from us…

PAGE 1 2

+ ForgiveMyAim on August 27th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

I made 2 of those levels!!! yay

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 28th, 2010 at 4:49 am said:

Ya got skills!!!

+ riclucas on August 27th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Any news on the LBP2 CE for Canada? I want that 7″ Sackboy so much!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 28th, 2010 at 4:44 am said:

Still waiting to hear who in Canada will carry the CE, but don’t worry, you’ll hear very soon.

+ leimeisei on August 27th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Any news on the beta?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Mark Valledor on August 28th, 2010 at 4:48 am said:

Sorry, no updates yet but we know you guys are hungry for it…

+ FeistFan on August 27th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

LOVE the t-shirt! That’s awesome!

+ Appo on August 27th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

See you guys at PAX!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 27th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

YEAH MM… BETA PLEASE! KEEP UP TE GOOD WORK..I GOT MY LBP CE PRE ORDERED…MY FIANCÉ IS GOING TO LOVE THE PLUSH SACKBOY ;)

+ DZORMAGEN on August 27th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

I love LBP and I know I will love LBP 2!

+ zekececil14 on August 27th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

I made a sweet scratch print of SackBoy. I have to get that uploaded some how!

I had to use a carving tool to scratch each individual stitch, arm, leg, etc.. onto plexi-glass. Then I had to ink it and put it on to a printing press. I put paper on top, rolled it, and BAM! SackBoy was alive.

Goodies for the description? I will do my best to get it uploaded!

+ Sancor on August 27th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

Hi, I wanted to know if in LBP2 in ONLINE multiplayer camera will be still attach to the 4 players gaming area, or if it’s going to be individual to each person who is playing.
This is very important for racing, what happens if one player doesnt have the same pace than the others, will the camera just follow the party leader?

Thanks

+ Vorax07 on August 27th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

Can you guys please send me a LittleBigPlanet 2 Beta invite? =D

+ BRIT-KO on August 27th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Can’t wait for LBP2, that t-shirt is cool too, I nearly bought it.

+ zekececil14 on August 27th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

@8
Why is my comment being moderated??? I used only clean words SackBoy would say!

+ Zookey on August 27th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

CONGRATS ON 3 MILLION LEVELS!!

Any update yet on if you guys are down with doing something with us adult DMLC winners? We just got the OK from HASTAC to build the levels in LBP2 so I am holding off until November ;-)

If anyone wants to check it out–my personal winning entry teaches Science, Technology, Engineering and Math through the use of thrill rides and roller coasters–currently have 2 levels online for that now:

Discovery Pier (winning level)
A Taste of What’s To Come (showcases some tech demo rides and rejected rides for the pack we’re building).

BTW Mark PLEASE get these new shirts into Hot Topic! I’d buy that zipper one in a heartbeat!

+ zekececil14 on August 27th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

@14
Ignore

+ rhansen2 on August 27th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

Post some art you say?
I drew a Sackbot from LBP2 the other day. You like?

Can’t wait to see the new story levels that come out of PAX!

+ zekececil14 on August 27th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

Here is my link

Its the best I could do. I took it from my phone, sent it to my e-mail, then uploaded it.

+ zekececil14 on August 27th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

Here is my link

htt*p://ww*w.flickr.c*om/photos/53394372@N07/4933612934/

(REMOVE ASTERTISK)

This is the best I could do. I took it from my phone, sent it to my e-mail, then uploaded it.

This is in case my actual link doesnt get posted due to moderation.

+ rgoff31 on August 27th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

Will LBP1 be patched to support the PS3 Move when it comes out???

+ korchie44 on August 27th, 2010 at 7:01 pm said:

cute t-shirt :)

+ Rinaldus91 on August 27th, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

How else can I nab that shirt? I really REALLY want it.

+ marlyt on August 27th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

I made at least 22 of them levels on that there game.

+ riclucas on August 27th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

Added incentive to work on getting the LBP2 CE to Canada… A picture of Sackboy picking up his preorder at my local EB! http://twitpic.com/2ithl3

+ Torkass on August 27th, 2010 at 7:51 pm said:

Oh, yes, it would be great to get a bêta key !
I like to test things and find bugs. ^^
(I did it for Starcraft 2 and Final Fantasy XIV : Online ; it’s really pleasant to know that the game is better because of you)

+ Goaliegeek on August 27th, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

Please sell this shirt to the public. What ever happened to all of the Sony merchandise that supposed to go on sale?

+ jase619 on August 27th, 2010 at 8:12 pm said:

Will there be any way for me, in Australia, to get one of those plushies? I have been looking EVERYWHERE for 2 years now and cannot find any decently-sized official sackboy plushies. Now that I think of it, what size will they be.

+ df2506 on August 27th, 2010 at 9:11 pm said:

Wow! I keep hearing about how many amazing things will be at PAX (LBP2, the new Ratchet & Clank, cool Nintendo games, etc) and I wish I could go….*sigh*

Question though: the blog will be covering all the cool PS3 events (LBP2, RC, etc) right? With lots of video coverage like Gamescon. Sure hope so!

Oh and that shirt is cool. :)

Anyway, got my LBP2 collector’s edition pre-ordered. I’m looking forward to this game a lot.

+ remanutd5 on August 27th, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

any news on how many LBP PSP community levels r there ? anyways got my LBP2 Collector’s Edition pre ordered already ,

+ Richlando on August 27th, 2010 at 9:27 pm said:

Beta please!!! Most anticipated and desired beta test ever imo..

+ MiszKratos on August 27th, 2010 at 9:43 pm said:

I’m flying from NYC to Seattle for PAX Prime ! I can’t wait. I will be at booth 112 friday. How much will the plushies be I want one ?!?

+ kingslog on August 27th, 2010 at 9:46 pm said:

I colored in my previous drawing.
Here it is

Also, will PS+ get into the beta? that would be very good and also show PS+ is at least worth it.

+ Nomik2 on August 27th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

For those asking for LBP 2 CE for Canada…you can order from Amazon USA and they will ship to Canada. Although it ends up being a little expensive at $98.57 US, then convert to CAD when your credit card gets charged.

I ordered it already, but am seriously hoping I can get it for cheaper in Canada and cancel my preorder in the states.

+ Nomik2 on August 27th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

I should probably mention why its expensive if you ship to Canada, here’s the bill:

-Subtotal of Items: $79.99
-Shipping & Handling: $8.98
-Import Fees Deposit $9.60
-Total for this Order: $98.57

Not to mention the ridiculously late receipt:

-Delivery Estimate: November 30, 2010 – December 10, 2010

+ mikemichaelmic on August 27th, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

Oh & if you guys were looking for artwork a little with more of a traditional Sackboy style then here you go! :D

+ Delta_Canuckian on August 27th, 2010 at 11:13 pm said:

Awesome, can’t wait to drop by the booth on Sunday. First time at PAX, shouldn’t be the last either. :)

+ cool_trainer on August 28th, 2010 at 1:04 am said:

That shirt looks so cool, I wish we got them at comic-con too (but i do love the team sack boy shirts so i can’t complain, thanks!)

Will that sack boy shirt with the zipper go on sale in stores?

+ Elvick_ on August 28th, 2010 at 1:22 am said:

I -NEED- to know about the LBP2 Collector’s Edition for Canada.

If I miss out on it because you’re dragging your feet on saying, ‘yes’ or ‘no’ directly about it then I will stop supporting SCE as much as I currently do.

If it’s coming, tell me where I can get it. Otherwise, give us Canadians some time to secure it from the US.

+ Curtisio on August 28th, 2010 at 1:27 am said:

3 million? Fantastic! I feel great pride in helping out!

Sadness I won’t be getting a t-shirt. Is there somewhere I could buy one? I bought that shirt in Home but would love a real one!

~Curtisio

+ riclucas on August 28th, 2010 at 4:23 am said:

Good news everyone (In Canada)!

I checked with my local EB again and they now have a preorder SKU for the LBP2 CE… Which probably means they’re getting it. So check with your nearest EB!

I’m so glad I preordered the standard edition at EB as a placeholder… They have let me move my preorder over to the Collectors Edition and now say I’m guaranteed to be getting one… YEY!

+ mikemichaelmic on August 28th, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

Littlebigplanet 2 is gonna be amazing! This will be Game Of The Year for sure! I already pre-ordered the CE! (Thanks Sony for making it available in Canada!) As for the drawings I’ve drawn quite a bit! Actually I’m working on a LittleBigPlanet comic/manga series!

Here are some character designs:

I’m also thinking about making a level series based on the comic/manga series called “The Fall of LittleBigPlanet”!

Here is some concept sketches. (They’re a little dark.):

I also made a poster based on “The Fall of LittleBigPlanet” level series. You probably can’t tell from the image but the poster is quite large and took me more that 5 hours to sketch out, and ink. (This image looks best if viewed in full resolution. When its scaled it looks squished)

I hope you guys at Sony, and MediaMolecule like them!

+ mikemichaelmic on August 28th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Littlebigplanet 2 is gonna be amazing! This will be Game Of The Year for sure! I pre-ordered the CE! (Thanks Sony for making it available in Canada!) I’ve drawn quite a bit! I’m working on a LittleBigPlanet comic/manga series! (Remove asterix)

Here are some character designs:
htt*p://img840.image*shack.us/i/004vz.jpg/
htt*p://img822.image*shack.us/i/001iw.jpg/
htt*p://img826.image*shack.us/i/003gn.jpg/
htt*p://img843.image*shack.us/i/sackbot001.jpg/

Here is some concept sketches. (They’re a little dark.):
htt*p://img831.image*shack.us/i/littlebigplanetsketch1.jpg/
htt*p://img638.image*shack.us/i/littlebigplanetartwork2.jpg/

I also made a poster based on “The Fall of LittleBigPlanet” level series. You probably can’t tell from the image but the poster is quite large and took me more that 5 hours to sketch out, and ink. (This image looks best if viewed in full resolution. Scaled looks squished)
htt*p://img825.image*shack.us/i/sackboyposter.jpg/

Traditional Sackboy style:
htt*p://img443.image*shack.us/i/0012h.jpg/

I hope you guys at Sony, and MediaMolecule like them!

+ footballrule on August 28th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

I’m looking forward to LBP2 so much! Waiting on more info on the Beta! :)

+ mikemichaelmic on August 28th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

@ #8

Did you have any links in your post, if that’s the case then that’s the cause of the moderation, just put an asterix in your link, and say to remove them. My post has many links and this solved the problem, if this isn’t the problem then I have no idea.

+ zekececil14 on August 28th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

@37
nope, no links, no profanity, nothing bad at all.

+ darthlego on August 28th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

I wish that they made these cool LBP shirts more available.

+ digitalman123 on August 28th, 2010 at 9:20 am said:

Good job guys! Mark, please answer, 1: Beta?? 2: Where does PAX take place? 3: What size are the sack-dolls? 4: Are those/any LBP shirts being availible on retail soon? 5: Do collector edition pre-orders get beta?

+ Donteshadow10 on August 28th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

6gtydtrgtfde5fghutfrdfgyhufrd6gbhnjhgutfrde6tfrhyj

+ Donteshadow10 on August 28th, 2010 at 9:23 am said:

thats right im cool

+ Donteshadow10 on August 28th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

tufffhfkffhfiyffifififffkhkhiututftftftttttffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftvgbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttttttttggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghyujjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjmnnnnnnnnnnnnnbvcxzeffrfdedswwq2234r5678654321234567876543252521500158152693025+

+ Revolutionary on August 28th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

Oh c’mon, you’ve got to make some of these event shirts available on a LBP Store or something. :(

+ Kenshin72 on August 28th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

I’ll be there! Save a shirt for me!!

PAGE 1 2