Bloodborne

PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Aug 29, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will undergo maintenance tomorrow, August 30th.

Maintenance is expected to start at just after midnight Pacific and will last for several hours, until approximately 12:30pm Pacific. During this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store or Account Management, and may encounter difficulty while signing in to PSN.

Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when PSN is fully back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ MattyPHATty on August 29th, 2010 at 10:35 pm said:

Maybe an awesome update on it’s way?

+ marlyt on August 29th, 2010 at 10:36 pm said:

First!!! And…thanks for the heads up before instead of during :)

+ marlyt on August 29th, 2010 at 10:37 pm said:

Danrnit…second and third

+ lillington on August 29th, 2010 at 10:54 pm said:

Please give us the 3D Blu-Ray firmware update!! Or else I will have to buy a Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player!

+ LumarQQ on August 29th, 2010 at 10:59 pm said:

Not an awesome update. It’s probably their implementation of more security features to combat the PS3 mod chip currently being held from sale until September 1st, Australia.

+ Blkant on August 29th, 2010 at 11:12 pm said:

@MattyPHATy

Highly doubt it, though I’m pretty sure there will be one by october. I agree with LumarQQ, I think this is to combat that obnoxious mod chip people made. Hopefully they can find those that are using it and give them the swift kick they deserve.

+ Justp94 on August 29th, 2010 at 11:15 pm said:

Good. I hope Sony can stop those PS Jailbreak guys with a Firmware Update. Take your time and stop those pirates!

+ DZORMAGEN on August 29th, 2010 at 11:19 pm said:

Maybe this is a sign that PS Plus has some good things to come…….NOT!

+ Spartancloud on August 29th, 2010 at 11:26 pm said:

@LumarQQ I hope they stop that new mod chip, and if not an big update would always be nice. Although I have no clue what they would add.

+ Jedi08 on August 29th, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

what mod chip? lol….no seriously

+ BlooodyCow on August 30th, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

in before people expecting a major feature being added.

+ Tasteemobile on August 30th, 2010 at 12:06 am said:

Come time to reinforce those prison bars I reckon

+ The1stMJC on August 30th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

must be prep for a firmware update.

+ maltyler84 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:16 am said:

Oh God. I was shopping and it said some error occurred. Thought I had just bought something that asploded my PS3.

+ wocyob on August 30th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

darn on my day off too :(

+ maltyler84 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:40 am said:

PSN Update: Ability to delete trophies so I can finally get all these stupid games my little cousin plays off my compare trophies list?

+ JesseHaysFL on August 30th, 2010 at 12:42 am said:

Sooooooooooooooo anything good coming on the 31st?

+ JesseHaysFL on August 30th, 2010 at 12:43 am said:

OHhhhhhh nevermind, the jailbreak ships on tuesday….Well dont worry sony I didnt spend all this money to brick my ps3

+ adolson on August 30th, 2010 at 1:08 am said:

I hope whenever the anti-mod-dongle firmware comes out, that there are some new features for everyone. And I really, really hope the firmware doesn’t just disable USB ports entirely, like when they disabled OtherOS support. I actually use my USB ports.

+ Carl-G on August 30th, 2010 at 3:34 am said:

If anyone moans about this then they should really get a LIFE :D

+ footballrule on August 30th, 2010 at 4:09 am said:

Thanks for the heads up Sony! I hope you can tell us what this is for soon.

+ CDubyahS on August 30th, 2010 at 4:17 am said:

cleaning up servers dont need a bazillion copies of critter crunch for sale now that they gave it away on PS+ probably reorganizing server farms

+ KinjiroSSD on August 30th, 2010 at 4:30 am said:

Hopefully this will stabilize PSN as I’ve been getting an unusually high amount of connection errors. Normally I rarely have issues.

+ PhilRiverBR on August 30th, 2010 at 5:36 am said:

YEAH!!! KILL THOSE PIRATES SONY!!!

(but please don’t kill our USB ports, mmmkay?)

+ F-minus on August 30th, 2010 at 6:15 am said:

@22 AGREED!!!

Im all for homebrew stuff but as long as its used in a legal manner.

+ headwing45 on August 30th, 2010 at 6:27 am said:

Put KH on the GO…:/

+ Glacier928 on August 30th, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

I hope they find a way to combat those pirates with their PSJailBreak…also, glad you guys are doing this maintenance now cause tomorrow is Castle Crashers and I need to play that online coop, been waiting for a year and half for that to release on the PSN!

+ Shinmigami on August 30th, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

They can’t kill the usb ports because some of ps3 systems require the use of the ports. Also, it is the only way that some people are charging their controllers.

+ VectorRaven on August 30th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

Yeah I agree with you guys this has to be a security update to the network. Also I really hope they can put an end to jailbreak.

+ Hitman-Merc on August 30th, 2010 at 7:00 am said:

thanks for nothing… how about steal our offshore bank accounts too while your at it okay!!!

+ CDubyahS on August 30th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

i hope they fix HOME I havent benn able to login since JUNE!

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 30th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

If they kill USB ports then I can’t recharge my controller anymore. >.>;

+ Hitman-Merc on August 30th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

@CDubyahS i hope they fix HOME I havent benn able to login since JUNE…
what you have too do is delete you home icon then pick bigger hdd cache 12gb it should work or delete some junk off you drives

+ PhilRiverBR on August 30th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

LOL, I was just kidding about the USB ports, SONY would never do that, right SONY??? XO

OtherOS being removed because of that GeoF*g**t dude was enough I guess.

+ TUSTIN1 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:17 am said:

Is this supposed to happen at 12:01 AM Monday the 30th or 12:01 AM Tuesday the 31st? It’s hard to tell with this post because if it was the 30th, the network should be down right now…

+ PhilRiverBR on August 30th, 2010 at 7:18 am said:

@23

AGREED!!!

In fact, It would be awesome if Sony release a framework or a Lite version of the PS3 SDK for Indie Devs and the general public, something like XNA.

ScummVM is welcome.

And by doing that, the: “it’s all for the homebrew” talk of the likes of PS Jailbreak will fail miserably.

+ CDubyahS on August 30th, 2010 at 7:18 am said:

lol im not adding a 12 gig cache i got a 250 gb drive with 40 gb free it should work better out of the box. thanks for the suggestion, but that baloney. they got a big bug to fix here losing money on their own substandard software

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

PS jailbreak VS SONY, Round 2, FIGHT!

+ Hitman-Merc on August 30th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

CDubyahS if your not gonna listen to me well you can play the cry baby games on Wii dumb it down for you kid…. noobs never learn so i dont help them anymore bite the hand that feeds!!!

+ kenny-1995 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

If it helps then i dont give a crap.

+ CaruthK on August 30th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

As long as a fix for the download speed of game updates in on their list of things to fix… Other than that I’m good.

+ zombie9 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Sweet I’m down to my PS3 is broken!!! I have went threw 4 of them since 06. :(

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

@zombie9
go buy yourself a air compressor to clean your PS3 every week.
i have 3 PS3, 40gb, 80gb, 160gb and they all work perfectly by cleaning them weekly.
you’ll save your investment and solve alot of problem like PS3 freezing.
just need 100 lbs compressor and a blower.

@CaruthK
No, they are not “fixing” or “improving” any speed issues.
they are fighting agains PS jailbreak “PS3 hacking”

+ TwinDad on August 30th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

I don’t think they are fighting the JailBreak. They do routine maintenance like this all the time. They do it before Firmware updates and when they add feature to the PSN.

It’s likely for Home to add content. And to load the new games into the store for tomorrow.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

@TwinDad
they dont do “maintenance” just for game update.
The 2 last “maintenance” was to counter proxy connection bypass (3.40) and deleting OtherOS feature on (3.30) for preventing people to “hack” PS3.
so we lost a feature and the PS3 is STILL HACKABLE.
so now SONY is looking on WHAT they can remove to US now.
i’ll not argue if yes or no they are fighting or not Jailbreak,
but i have a Bad Feeling about this…

+ PhilRiverBR on August 30th, 2010 at 8:28 am said:

@TwinDad

Maybe… But this update is a little, say, suspicious to say the least. Reasons:

1- The last lengthy update was due to the PS+ (a major update)
2- PS Jailbreak ships “officially” today.

Coincidence?

My guess is that SONY is testing the water first, to check users with ID LAUN12345 (PS Jailbreak ID).

And ultimately, they’ll release 3.42 Firmware update (AKA: The Penitentiary Sniper), rendering the Jailbreak useless and BAN!!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

@PhilRiverBR
Exactly what i think!
lol, “The Penitentiary Sniper” should be the Official name for this firmware update! XD

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on August 30th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

Bang! Head Shot! XD

+ KongWen on August 30th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Doesn’t seem very “regular scheduled” to me, but whatever, as long as I can play me some Castle Crashers I’m happy.

+ PhilRiverBR on August 30th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

@48

Lol, I’d rather stay in my CELL(tm).

PAGE 1 2