PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Box Art Revealed

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Aug 30, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! Yes, November 2nd is right around the corner, and if you haven’t already pre-ordered, be sure to do it soon as the ultimate DLC bundle (announced earlier this month) is only available for a limited time. We’ll be providing more detailed information for each of the pre-order elements starting next week.

And if you’re in the Los Angeles area, be sure to come out and join us over at the El Portal Theater this Wednesday, 9/1 from 4pm to 7pm as the entire cast of God of War Game Directors will take part in a roundtable discussion, filmed in front of a live studio audience. Seating is limited, so be sure to show up early and mark our Facebook Fanpage.

God of War GoS

For now, I’ve included detailed information for on the full game and the Limited Edition God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Bundle below.

For the ultimate God of War PSP experience, be sure to visit any of our participating retailers and pre-order the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Entertainment Pack, which includes the same great six-item pre-order bonuses, as well as the contents below.

• Black and Red Two-Toned PSP-3000
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta UMD Game– After God of War concludes, Ghost of Sparta begins with the story of Kratos’ ascension to power as the God of War.
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus PlayStation Network Downloadable Game Voucher – Before the events of God of War, experience Kratos’ journey during the 10-years of servitude to the Gods of Olympus in one of the most highly acclaimed action titles of all time!
  • Kick Ass – UMD Movie
  • 2 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

PSP3000 God of War GoS

PSP3000 God of War GoS PSP3000 God of War GoS

For more details on today’s announcement, visit godofwar.com or spartansstandtall.com.

PAGE 1 2

+ that-acmilan-guy on August 30th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

I will give it, 2/5. It looks so similar to the recent GOW box arts.

+ Derpy on August 30th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

so pretty :o

+ Ftwrthtx on August 30th, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Thanks for the info. I’m really liking the box art.

+ APVangeliLHS on August 30th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

I love the boxart but believe that that PSP is ugly.

Mine is better: http://bit.ly/cyOL72

+ The1stMJC on August 30th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

not liking the PSP’s look. Than again I am attached to the Big Boss one I currently have.

+ shawtymann on August 30th, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

looks nice. Kind of generic but nice. That PSP is beautiful

+ mountain_duwe on August 30th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

that PSP is hottttt.

+ Glacier928 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

The PSP looks awesome and the box art is SWEET!

+ spatsnaz on August 30th, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Box art is very fitting for a GOW game, appropriately epic. :P Also if I didn’t already have a psp already, I’d buy that one in a heartbeat.

+ Dragonzblaze on August 30th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

by the gods i must get this psp entertainment bundle pack

+ ediddy999 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Cool PSP Bro.

+ APVangeliLHS on August 30th, 2010 at 12:35 pm said:

I’m going to buy the game on PSN the week it comes out so I get pre-order goodies on my PSPgo.

+ FriedConsole on August 30th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I dig the PSP! Box art doesn’t matter to me because I will buy it digitally despite having a 3000. More back catalog PSP games digital please. I don’t want to carry around UMDs. You will get me to buy some games twice!!

It would be nice to have digital copies of:
Pac Man World 3
Space Invaders Extreme
Ridge Racer 2
Snoopy vs. Red Baron

+ Link01 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

how much is the bundle ? $200?

+ Link01 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

I wish you had a psp go package too :(

+ xAllanKx on August 30th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

mmm nothing surprising.. the god of war box art aren’t something special.

+ APVangeliLHS on August 30th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

@15, look at my comment (@4) up above and come back to complain to Sony… :)

+ Destiny89 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

Great boxart, tho i have a question regarding God of War 3. its been a while since the game as released so why no DLC yet?? i loved the game and want to see more of it :(

+ DZORMAGEN on August 30th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

This is by far the sexiest PSP pack I have ever seen! Plus is has one of my favorite movies of all time (Kick Ass). If I didn’t own a PSP I would buy this in a heart beat! See you guys on Wednesday, cause I will be in North Hollywood, supporting one of my favorite series ever GOW!!

+ Bethanator5000 on August 30th, 2010 at 12:48 pm said:

I want to see the back of the PSP. If it doesn’t say anything or have a picture then I’m just going to find the old God of War PSP.

+ Squirtbot on August 30th, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

CLASH OF TITANS instead of Kick Ass… D’OH!

+ zekececil14 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Price?

Also, please dont make it a Limited Edition, I want it, but I have a PSP. That PSP is sweet, but I dont need another right now.

+ APVangeliLHS on August 30th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

Considering the PSP-3000′s special edition version for God of War: Ghost of Sparta is so ugly, the PSPgo should get some of the special edition love from you guys… :’(

That’s YOU, Sony…

+ Appo on August 30th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

I need that.

+ KazeEternal on August 30th, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

I pre-ordered my copy today at gamestop…. was I supposed to receive the code today or when I pick the game up in November?

+ illinnoise on August 30th, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

well now im sold i was going back and forth about weather or not to get a psp3000 or a psp go cause my psp2000 recently died on me, but i think im sold now limited edition God of War psp3000 here i come!!!!!! SWWWWEEEEETTTT

+ KazeEternal on August 30th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

Sony should really conduct survey’s for special edition PSP’s art work. I can’t think of a single model i’ve liked the special edition artwork for. Even though the different variations for Peace Walker were nice, there wasn’t enough there to really scream “METAL GEAR SOLID FAN SITTING HERE!” Even the Final Fantasy PSPs weren’t really to my liking (which I don’t believe were even released here).

+ Frejim on August 30th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

at least better than GoW3 cover IMO

+ FunkyTable on August 30th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

I think that’s the best cover the GOW series has ever had. That’s great.

+ kenny-1995 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:40 pm said:

Holy **** That looks Like WOW!
Double WOW All The Way!!

+ QCVic on August 30th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

The cover is alright. Not my fave but heck I wont pay much attention over the excitement as I buy the new friggin PSP! Ive been looking to get a new one so I guess my favorite series version of a PSP will do just fine.

+ urienji on August 30th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

So, will this be available as a download or will Sony screw us like they are with Kingdom Hearts?

+ SpyDudeFX on August 30th, 2010 at 1:45 pm said:

@4 love that PSP Go, awesome

@31 also available via digital download and if you buy it during the first two weeks you will get all the DLC

Ken, when can we expect the preview of the avatar and dynamic theme?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on August 30th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

In about two weeks for the dynamic theme. Want to make sure it’s perfect

+ Axonn on August 30th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

I feel cheated by the company buying the PSP Go. Buying “elite” version of this console I got nothing more, and got even less (I mean the prices and availability of games). BTW This Entertainment Pack have excellent content, but the console itself is a poor painting. And one more thing – 2GB mem stick in these times it’s some kind of joke? I really like this set, but I don’t know if I wants to exchange PSP Go… again?!

+ asimm1 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

We don’t have right to use bad word in this blog “Kick A**” HA HA HA HA HA HO HEE HA HO HEE HA AHA

+ remanutd5 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

i will get the God of War Ghost of Sparta UMD version but just for collection , i dont own a psp 3001 anymore ,i have a PSP GO , hope to see the God of War Ghost of Sparta demo on PSN soon , very soon , it is my most anticipated psp title EVER !!!!
Every End Must First Begin.
and please sony , 1 of the most important features of the next psp should be PSN Friends Lists

+ Jeigh on August 30th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

I’d give high marks to that boxart, but it’s sort of gone beyond the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” phase to the “beating a dead horse with the sides of a pair chainblades” point. You could have played this one off as the boxart for any one of the other games. Actually, I wouldn’t suprised to learn it WAS for Chains of Olympus.

Still, a minor complaint, to be sure. I’ve seen this developer work, and these guys know what they’re doing. The game will be good and that’s what matters. “You can’t judge a something by a something and so forth” etc, etc.

+ gdogg666 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

holy **** now i wish i could get a new psp just for this cus it looks greatness and the box art bad*** indeed tho guys at sony u do know 2gb’s isnt that big cus well the God of War: Chains of Olympus game downloadable is actually almost 2gb’s so it will fill it up people may complain on that if they havent already

+ gdogg666 on August 30th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

also when will we be seeing a demo of this game come on i know u guys already have the game out on the network just needs to be unlocked why not just do it already come on guys u all know u want too pull sum strings or something

+ APVangeliLHS on August 30th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

@33

Thanks!

+ Zezzler on August 30th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

any Chance of a GoW: Ghost of Sparta PSPgo bundle? if it was the same kind of red and black, that would be awesome!

+ GHmatt14 on August 30th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

holy smokes looks cool.

+ angelspawn77 on August 30th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

One question about the psp, does it have any kind of image on the back of the psp like the last GOW psp with Kratos’ face? The psp isnt bad and im definitely gonna pick that up, glad the pre-order bonuses are with the psp bundle as well.

+ xuipid on August 30th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

notice it’s not a GO… Sony should be ashamed for abusing us GO owners the way you have… Wouldn’t surprise me if you cancel this title for the PSN just to dig the knife in deeper.

+ D-Roca on August 30th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

WHERE IS THE PSP2…..I’m not investing more money on my PSP until the next psp is out.

+ joaryche on August 30th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

why can’t chains of olympus be an umd disc as well with instructions to both? i feel that it would be more of a value if you really received both games with the set…the ultimate set worthy of the God of War franchise

+ divine1000 on August 30th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

No EU special edition?

+ fallito on August 30th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

the god of war king

+ King89x on August 30th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

i have a question, what firmware will i need to play this game. i mean i think its gonna be 6.31 but i don’t know if sony will drop ANOTHER filmware update before Nov 2 and right now i have a good thing going with the current firmware.

i realy need an aswer please!!!! ;-)

+ mancub194 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

I can make a PSPGo just like this ….the parts are like $30 bucks but EXACT.

PAGE 1 2