PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

ModNation Monday: Double XP Week!

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Aug 30, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

Greetings everyone! I’m here with another ModNation Monday update.

ModNation_Mondays

Double XP Week

Starting this Wednesday, everyone will receive double XP for creations and XP/XP Series races. Double XP week ends on September 8th, 2010. Have fun!

Lil’ Tinker and Kart available tomorrow!

ModNation Racers for PS3: DLC8_Adjusted_LilTinker

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, this week’s DLC is Lil’ Tinker and Kart is finally available. They can be purchased separately or as a bundle from the PSN.

MNR Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation are shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Mod Name: Dog of War
Creator: nygyg

ModNation Racers for PS3: Dog of War

Mod Name: S.V.E.R soldier – MAG
Creator: Argetlam350

ModNation Racers for PS3: S.V.E.R.

Karts of the Week

Kart Name: Sewer Buggy
Creator: Stitchless

ModNation Racers for PS3: Sewer Buggy

Kart Name: Sidwinder
Creator: Star-WB

ModNation Racers for PS3: Sidewinder

Tracks of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track, submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel ModNation@PlayStation.Sony.com and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Shipwreck Cove
Created by: pikminenco

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck 2 ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck 3

pikminenco says “a powerful hurricane “devastated” most of the ships but that doesn’t stop the MRC to make a racetrack of it. There are 3 ways to cross the lake, through the shipwrecks, through the shallow water and a hidden route that you will have to find yourself.”

Track Name: Desert Island Dash
Created by: atheistsw

ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash

ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash 3 ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash 2

atheistsw says “This is a pretty challenging course, but also very rewarding. There are multiple routes to take which offer up their own pros and cons and should make for varied, thoughtful racing strategies. I do believe this is my most fun and most balanced track to date featuring a bit of everything. Fast straights, drifty hairpins, big air jumps, devastating devastators, some roly poly barrels and a few nifty shortcuts for good measure, this event has it all and a bit more thrown in at that.”

Track Name: Shortcut City
Created by: Flamestalker-NL

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City 3 ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City 2

Flamestalker-NL says “Go between those trucks, check that alleyway and what’s behind the market stalls? As the name implies this track is littered with shortcuts. There are more then 15 shortcuts to find, some even combine or split up. The combinations you can make are almost endless.”

YouTube “Show us yours” Creation Contest!

Remember we are having a “Show us yours” contest. Contest rules are simple. Just submit a video or picture of your very best Track (original IP’s only) to ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com. One last note, be sure to subscribe for all the latest updates to MNR’s Youtube Channel.

The winners will be announced in an MNR blog in September. For more information including prizes and complete rules details visit the News and Updates section of the MNR community site at http://community.modnation.com/en-us/.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.
Monday: Shipwreck Cove, by pikminenco
Tuesday: outer space station, by Obcodis
Wednesday: Bayside Blitz, by atheistsw
Thursday: Emerald City, by finaler
Friday: The Full Metal Jacket, by GodlyFatality
Saturday: Evolution City, by Stitchless
Sunday: Ancient Rome, by freeham

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2

+ ck2875 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

nice. thanks for the double xp

+ moriarty1975 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

Double XP? Thanks!

+ TrueFFVIIFan on August 30th, 2010 at 3:15 pm said:

Hey? Will we see some famous characters from Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Mega Man, etc franchises in this game as DLCs? PLEASE SAY YES!!! PLEASE!!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Ok i dont mean to be a XP POOOPER..but whats the point of RANKING UP? there is no REWARD for ranking up..so im not that hyped about the double xp..sorry..but im still going to play this game..its FANTASTIC nonetheless..im just waiting patiently for some NEW TRACKS and COOLER CHARACTERS and KARTS and hopefully a new MODE! lets say ELIMINATIONS :) Keep up the good work UFG!

+ LightningBlade18 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

YES, just the motivation I needed. Thx UFG!

+ moriarty1975 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

Will we be getting the Drake, Kratos etc DLC?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 30th, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

Coming soon

+ SlySkyrat73 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

The mod and kart DLC is good. But when are we gonna see some theme or new track DLC. The same old tracks are getting stale in XP SERIES we need new.

+ depward on August 30th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Does double XP also count for online races for the PSP version?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 30th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Just the PS3 version

+ CAPNDigital on August 30th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Lil Tinker!!!! Thanks team!

Can’t wait for Woody and his Golf Kart, too.

Now if I could only choose which AI I competed against in Quick Race… heh heh…(UFG – thoughts??? comments??? insider information???)

CAPNDigital

+ KazeEternal on August 30th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Damn I was hoping for another Double Cash Weekend on Uncharted 2 :-/

+ OveReAction on August 30th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

Horrah! Now i have the bigger chance of having 250,000 Create XPs (i hope).

+ digitalman123 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Cool! Might play it again! Can we have a Jak and a Daxter Mod/Kart set? If not, I made some, so feel free to download them!

+ SlySkyrat73 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Is there any coming can you give a time line when.

+ PandaPoacherEsq on August 30th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

Only thing better than double XP is a double rainbow

+ Cat_King_Loki on August 30th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

aww, so not fair, y no 2x XP 4 the PSP??? we r just as dedicated 2 the game as PS3′ers, lol, do will there b any kinda of promotions for us n the near/distant future??? other then custom mod Karts n Racers?????

+ NEJI64 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

@4 I feel you about XP, I started feeling like that about XP sires and races. It sucks that you spend all that time playing the same eight tracks to get to level 30 for a stupid trophy.

What they should have done was let the players win new karts, character mods and kart parts in the career. Eliminate the race tokens and had the players earn everything else leveling up in XP Sires.

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 30th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Looking forward to Double XP. Hope you guys do this more in the future.

+ ck2875 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

@10 — It’s unlikely that Russell Ramone & United Front Games have any power in determining whether NaughtyDog gives out double XP for Uncharted 2

+ FE_RR on August 30th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

Great, thanks!

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 30th, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

For the record; I don’t consider this a resolution of the fact that XP Series doesn’t reward worthwhile XP compared to downloads.

I sincerely hope that this coming week I’ll be able to hit 30 and be done with this.

+ moriarty1975 on August 30th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

Nice to hear we’ll be getting the Drake, Kratos, Ratchet & Clank DLC (Even if they dont come with parts we can use in other creations….)

Now for some track DLC!

+ jpbslayer on August 30th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

can we please get some dlc for track creation – like new props and stuff like that -

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 30th, 2010 at 4:10 pm said:

its coming

+ MLibbey18 on August 30th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

How’s about some region lock info? Yeah, you won’t reply to this, will you?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 30th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

When we have concrete info the community will be the first to know.

+ GGod0 on August 30th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

I just want to say that when we finally DO get Track DLC, it will probably be epic beyond belief. Also maybe throw in some new Career races with new kart and mod parts to unlock, that’d be great!

+ GGod0 on August 30th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Actually Ramone, the community will be the 2nd to know. You guys have to to know it to tell us about it, right?

+ Anton_Xul on August 30th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Are we ever going to be able to race against our own creations while offline? A lot of us really want to have this option to pick our AI opponents.

+ PuppetShoJustice on August 30th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Parts, parts, parts.

Want to see something I can download and drive on. A continuation of Career Mode or a new mode of just about any sort. I’d seriously kill for a “proper” DLC pack with more trophies and things.

It’s sad when the only challenge left in the game is convincing people to download my tracks.

+ Anton_Xul on August 30th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

I think we also need a demolition derby and demolition derby style race where the cars have a lifeline and gets depleted when hit with an obstacle or weapon.

+ finaler on August 30th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Yey my track is picked for Thursday. Thanks UFG. I hope you people enjoy it. And grats to the others that made it as well. Some good looking creations here, I want to try out that shortcut city when I get a chance. Also cool double exp, despite it doesn’t really get you anywhere (which is a good thing cause online rpg’s that rely on exp suck) I can maybe get to 30 for that trophy soon now. At least I think that’s a trophy. This is the first game I plan to platinum.

+ Hooligantuan on August 30th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

I had no idea you guys would accept MAG characters for Mod Nation Monday, I have a full set of S.V.E.R., Valor, and Raven guys that I made months ago and are the most popular MAG Mod downloads.

+ UnhumanGoat on August 30th, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

Double XP sounds great!!! :D!!!
that’s a great notice :D!!!

+ Gashead-64 on August 30th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Cool! Double Xp.
Thx, im on like 50000 xp tho, so 450000 to go for level 30! :(

Please download my creations lol!

+ Kromat83 on August 30th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

Ramone, hope UFG releases Track DLC before November, because Little Big Planet 2 will be coming out around that time, so people will be more occupied in that game, if not.

+ rbanke on August 30th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

I’ll make a deal with you guys. You get the load speeds to an acceptable level, I’ll buy the game. (last ‘load faster’ patch did nothing)

+ jacob-813 on August 30th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Yea!!! maybe I can get lvl 30 now!!!!!

Go mag

+ cameron2123 on August 30th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

A new Multiplayer game mode?

Still cant see why the drift battles in career mode weren’t put into multiplayer… They were funzzz :D

+ Squirtbot on August 30th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

I feel like a fool for praising this game so much when it came out. I would agree that seemed awesome, except that it doesn’t reward creators that actually have talent and interesting artistic ability. Everyone’s random carts and mods are atrocious and lame.

Also, your fix of the career mode didn’t help at all. I tried finishing the career mod after the update, but still….

Arg! You almost had a winner.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 30th, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Correction Double XP week goes for the PSP version of MNR as well

+ AcesZERO-RAZGRIZ on August 30th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

nice double XP :)
but i do have to agree that there should be some rewards for leveling up other than a trophy
and with #37 about the career difficulty patch, it actually seems that the AI targets you more now than eachother(i really dont think im the only one who thinks they dont shoot eachother)

also, ive been having some issues with the share station
id get to the 2nd page of my download search and get kicked..sometimes the 3rd
is there gonna be a fix for this? its really the only area im having lag/server related issues
so i really dont think its caused from my end :/

+ digitalman123 on August 30th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

I haven’t played much MNR PSP.

+ korchie44 on August 30th, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

Yay double XP!!!

Please remove the region lock, guys!!!!

+ Elladyr on August 30th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

I just got this game in the mail! Sad story though, my console still isn’t here.

+ choiboybb on August 30th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

In “Dog of War”, I can read the PSN. =(

+ divine1000 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:01 pm said:

The Dog of war mod is really cool :)

+ kenny-1995 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:35 pm said:

i sold Modnation, Loved it but couldnt handle the load times, i’ll buy it back when more updates are made.

+ zekececil14 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:38 pm said:

Check out My mods American Made, and George. Also check out a track I put a lot of work into called Stranded! Make sure they are by Zekececil14. Im sure they all,(especially George) can be a top mod if they get noticed.

+ goatowski on August 30th, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

I just need 150,000 race xp till level 30 and the platinum trophy. Thanks for makin’ it a bit easier. This is the best game I own right now.

P.S. Get over the load times people. Think of how many mods, karts, and tracks there are now. They can only do so much.

+ zekececil14 on August 30th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

@44
Thats bull! “I sold Modnation, loved it but couldnt handle the load times.” Your an idiot. The load times are very reasonable considering what is being loaded!

You sir, need a new hobbie, because you are not cut out for this.one.

+ Hooligantuan on August 30th, 2010 at 8:35 pm said:

Maybe the PS3 needs a processor upgrade. :D

But seriously, be fair – the load times did improve. It wasn’t a whole heckuva lot, but it was very much noticable.

I would still love to see original creations better rewarded, which is why I am thankful of ModNation Mondays, but it’s so obnoxious when people drive around with a Skittles van being ModSpot Bullies and calling other peoples’ cars trash. I mean, people like Skittles. That’s his foot in the door. He has instant cred with the public. He’s associated himself and his kart with that Skittles magic.

And he drives all over the dude that really threw himself into an original creation, who has reaped a tenth of Skittleman’s downloads.

+ Hooligantuan on August 30th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

OH, and one more thing. This is the important thing.

Can you guys make sure the DLC Mods and Karts have a minimum number of Creation items? I know Tinker is a preexisting Pre-Order incentive mod getting a Store release, but if I had not known that ahead of time I’d kinda think his 2 Mod items was skimpy.

Please please please, DLC should have no fewer than 3 new Creation items per Mod, per Kart.

PAGE 1 2