PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

ModNation Monday: Double XP Week!

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Aug 30, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

Greetings everyone! I’m here with another ModNation Monday update.

ModNation_Mondays

Double XP Week

Starting this Wednesday, everyone will receive double XP for creations and XP/XP Series races. Double XP week ends on September 8th, 2010. Have fun!

Lil’ Tinker and Kart available tomorrow!

ModNation Racers for PS3: DLC8_Adjusted_LilTinker

Previously only available via special pre-order offers, this week’s DLC is Lil’ Tinker and Kart is finally available. They can be purchased separately or as a bundle from the PSN.

MNR Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation are shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mods of the Week

Mod Name: Dog of War
Creator: nygyg

ModNation Racers for PS3: Dog of War

Mod Name: S.V.E.R soldier – MAG
Creator: Argetlam350

ModNation Racers for PS3: S.V.E.R.

Karts of the Week

Kart Name: Sewer Buggy
Creator: Stitchless

ModNation Racers for PS3: Sewer Buggy

Kart Name: Sidwinder
Creator: Star-WB

ModNation Racers for PS3: Sidewinder

Tracks of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track, submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel ModNation@PlayStation.Sony.com and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Shipwreck Cove
Created by: pikminenco

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck 2 ModNation Racers for PS3: Shipwreck 3

pikminenco says “a powerful hurricane “devastated” most of the ships but that doesn’t stop the MRC to make a racetrack of it. There are 3 ways to cross the lake, through the shipwrecks, through the shallow water and a hidden route that you will have to find yourself.”

Track Name: Desert Island Dash
Created by: atheistsw

ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash

ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash 3 ModNation Racers for PS3: Desert Island Dash 2

atheistsw says “This is a pretty challenging course, but also very rewarding. There are multiple routes to take which offer up their own pros and cons and should make for varied, thoughtful racing strategies. I do believe this is my most fun and most balanced track to date featuring a bit of everything. Fast straights, drifty hairpins, big air jumps, devastating devastators, some roly poly barrels and a few nifty shortcuts for good measure, this event has it all and a bit more thrown in at that.”

Track Name: Shortcut City
Created by: Flamestalker-NL

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City

ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City 3 ModNation Racers for PS3: Shortcut City 2

Flamestalker-NL says “Go between those trucks, check that alleyway and what’s behind the market stalls? As the name implies this track is littered with shortcuts. There are more then 15 shortcuts to find, some even combine or split up. The combinations you can make are almost endless.”

YouTube “Show us yours” Creation Contest!

Remember we are having a “Show us yours” contest. Contest rules are simple. Just submit a video or picture of your very best Track (original IP’s only) to ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com. One last note, be sure to subscribe for all the latest updates to MNR’s Youtube Channel.

The winners will be announced in an MNR blog in September. For more information including prizes and complete rules details visit the News and Updates section of the MNR community site at http://community.modnation.com/en-us/.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.
Monday: Shipwreck Cove, by pikminenco
Tuesday: outer space station, by Obcodis
Wednesday: Bayside Blitz, by atheistsw
Thursday: Emerald City, by finaler
Friday: The Full Metal Jacket, by GodlyFatality
Saturday: Evolution City, by Stitchless
Sunday: Ancient Rome, by freeham

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2

+ HoefMeistert on August 30th, 2010 at 10:48 pm said:

Is the Double XP for US only ? Or also for EU ?

+ nygyg on August 30th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

I’d like to know who BUFF8824 is and just how they got on my friends list! That’s not the name thats on the original pick, I imagine they edited the psn id. Nice catch tho, I didn’t even notice it.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on August 31st, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

It’s someone on my friends list I took that picture

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on August 30th, 2010 at 11:13 pm said:

will there b a sequel 2 this game

+ Tecnoboy1 on August 31st, 2010 at 12:38 am said:

Hey, just Hot lap and stuff, are you working your way through old submissions to get to the more recent ones?

+ NESGamepro on August 31st, 2010 at 2:01 am said:

I’ll be joining the Modnation on PS3 soon, just won the game from the Subway promotion. :)

See you in 8-10 weeks!

+ moriarty1975 on August 31st, 2010 at 2:52 am said:

@51

never thought about that. Reply please Ramone!

+ Bleedthesky78 on August 31st, 2010 at 6:23 am said:

Will we be getting an DLC for the PSP version?

+ Elnath10 on August 31st, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

@56 moriarty1975, if the boost of create XP was for all, there’s no reason for this double XP week were restricted for US only… it will be for everyone for sure

Hi Ramone, ey after lil tinker and woody DLC, are gonna put another brand new DLC with new body kart and stuff as it was with princess and vampy? it will be cool. Thanks for doubleXP week

+ SIGMA2DIE4 on August 31st, 2010 at 9:57 am said:

This would be nice if i could actually get online. Everyone i know in D.C. that has this game cant get online or keeps getting disconnected. Arg!

+ moriarty1975 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

@58 Hi Elnath

Yeah i know but just wanna make sure!

+ DJKim0701 on August 31st, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Sept 1 what time starts double xp event??

Pls advise ASAP

+ Icandy55 on August 31st, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

When is the cut off for submissions to the mod/kart Monday contest? I can’t find a cut-off date mentioned anywhere. And, can you not post pictures of your creations on the forum. I did that today and it seems to have been deleted but people posting pics of their tracks are there.

+ mackt123 on August 31st, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

modnation.. who is your driver?

+ Icandy55 on August 31st, 2010 at 2:06 pm said:

Disregard the second question. I simply posted it to the wrong area. But I really would like to know the cut off on submissions.

+ sniperskillz5 on August 31st, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Double XP Till the 8th sounds quite generous gotta check it out

+ mackt123 on August 31st, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

Grab the keys to the latest “PLAY, CREATE, & SHARE”
title available on the PlayStation®3! ModNation™ Racers is a next generation kart
racer that empowers the player to personalize their entire game. Build your own
quirky kart or design an imaginative track with deep, yet easy to use creative
tools. Once you are finished, share it with the rest of the world or access unlimited
amounts of user generated ModNation content on the PlayStation Network. There
is no end to the karting fun!
It’s Kart Racing for a New Generation!

+ Argetlam350 on August 31st, 2010 at 8:33 pm said:

Wow I had no idea my mod would get up on part of Mod of the Week. I’m happy now. Thanks UFG. :)

+ MidGearS69 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:03 am said:

Hey is ufg working on the westell 7500 thing i would like to know if you cant is there any way to fix my router for it to work with mnr without messing it up? please reply.

+ Beawolf_Agate on September 1st, 2010 at 5:31 am said:

Double XP..woo hoo. I should easily be able to get 100k this week, lvl30 approaching fast.

Ramone is there any plan to up the XP in series races? Some ideas

1) XP for the fastest lap within the race e.g. 50 XP
2) Mega bonus if you win all 5 races in the series e.g. 1000 XP
3) Increase the base XP.. maybe x1.5 for everything

If not please throw in some of more these double XP weeks, I get the feeling the races will now be packed which is what we want.

+ pocon28 on September 1st, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

What time does double XP start?

+ Beawolf_Agate on September 1st, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

@70 dunno I’m in UK and still no double yet. Could be midday pacific time, I think that’s what UFG is on?

Ramone?

+ TheAlbraskan on September 1st, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Yeah it’s about after lunch here and still no Double XP, from races at least.

+ Kraisis on September 1st, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Here in Germany nothing too.

+ gazb1986180 on September 1st, 2010 at 1:37 pm said:

So how will this actually work then? Will points be double as and when we get them or will they double up on the 8th September?

+ Icandy55 on September 1st, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

That’s a good question gazb. I’m beginning to wonder the same thing. I hope it’s not at the end. That won’t be near as exciting. I hope someone will tell us when it starts or IF it has started!

+ TheAlbraskan on September 1st, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Oh I think I see what it is, it’s doubled for XP series races, and creations. That’s why I wasn’t getting anything from those single XP races.

+ pocon28 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

@76

I did a couple of xp series races and didnt get double xp.

+ SlySkyrat73 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

im not getting double xp either

+ SlySkyrat73 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

Man i wish they lets us know what is going on.

+ gazb1986180 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

please someone official give us an answer dont just tempt us!

+ TheAlbraskan on September 1st, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

Yeah I just did a whole XP series and no double XP. :(

+ SlySkyrat73 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

i think it’s the blind leading the blind there.

+ pocon28 on September 1st, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

I’m not that surprised that they managed to mess this up…

+ UnhumanGoat on September 1st, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

Where’s the double XP! I don’t see it :/

+ SlySkyrat73 on September 1st, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

it starts 2am pacific time tonight the servers didn’t update runs till next thur.

+ Livingstoni813 on September 1st, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Hi Ramone, noticed this week was advertised as double xp week, but I’m not seeing anything except the regular amounts. I’ve seen some people saying it’s delayed until 2am PST, and also, that there was no server maintenance so the double xp wasn’t implemented due to that. No offense to anyone that posted the info, its just that until we would hear something form you, or get a link to where they found their info, its pretty much hear/say. If we could get an update on when the double xp would be implemented, it would be much appreciated. Thanks- Living.

+ SlySkyrat73 on September 1st, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

here is link where russell says from modnation forum.

+ GreySpot on September 1st, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

@86

Go to the modnation community forum. In the ‘Double XP’ thread, RUSSELL_05 (community developer) says, “The servers didn’t update double XP will be working starting at 2am (pacific time) and we will run it until next Thursday to make up for the lost 24 hours.”

+ Livingstoni813 on September 1st, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Thanks, just read your response on the MNR website. Appreciate the response. Thanks again.

+ moriarty1975 on September 1st, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

+ Beawolf_Agate on September 2nd, 2010 at 6:32 am said:

Anyone got the slightest clue as to what is going on with double XP? The numbers during series races are still standard, I win like 3 or 4 series in a row and then go back to mod and it gives me like 400 extra XP… i mean WTF?

Ramone please explain how this works.

+ jorgeswerebear on September 2nd, 2010 at 7:24 am said:

Ya, I will tell you what is going on with double XP week. They still haven’t figured out how to get it to work… There is no double XP yet.

+ Beawolf_Agate on September 2nd, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

@92, ok I think I can see it working now. I just won a series and I racked up around 2,000 XP for it which sounds about right. It seems to do it in the background.

+ moriarty1975 on September 2nd, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Double XP IS working now. Normal XP amounts are shown at the end of a race or series but we are getting double XP. Take note of your XP amount, do a single race then check your XP while in the modspot to see.

+ atheistsw on September 2nd, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

Hi Ramone, my track Bayside Blitz was supposed to be the hot lap for this Wednesday just gone, but it seems you actually put up another track of the same name by a creator called DeLive. You can check this because his track has 3000+ plays and mine has only 26 :( Could you look into this for me please? Thanks.

+ OveReAction on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

Good News: I have 250,00 Create XPs and now Level 30 because of this. Very nice idea, Ramone!

+ Elnath10 on September 6th, 2010 at 9:59 pm said:

what??? no modnation monday today?… what happend?

+ moriarty1975 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:12 am said:

@Elanth10

Labor day hangover is what happened!

+ Elnath10 on September 7th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

@98 hi, moriarty1975

lol…. so is it gonna be a modnation tuesday?… or it will be until next week?

+ moriarty1975 on September 7th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

“Modnation Monday : Tuesday Edition” ? ;)

PAGE 1 2