GTAV PS4

R.U.S.E. Demo Hits PSN Today, PlayStation Move Details

Mathieu Girard's Avatar + Posted by Mathieu Girard on Aug 31, 2010 // R.U.S.E. Senior Producer

As a dev team, we’re beyond excited to see the release of R.U.S.E. drawing near — it launches in the U.S. on September 7th, so we’re just about a week away!

R.U.S.E. enables players to use manipulation and trickery against their enemies. In fact, deception is at the very heart of R.U.S.E., and you’ll find that without it you cannot succeed. With R.U.S.E., we aimed to create an RTS that goes beyond the established rules of the genre — we sincerely hope we have succeeded. You will soon be able to judge for yourself, since we are making a demo of R.U.S.E. available on PSN today!

In the demo, players will be able to check out an exclusive mission from the Italy campaign and play as U.S. General Joe Sheridan, leading the U.S. army in a fight against Germany and Italy. The final objective: cut off a German offensive from withdrawing by attacking them from behind. Although the Axis forces are retreating in this mission, players will see that one should be very cautious when attacking a wounded beast… if you need a hint, or don’t mind spoilers, check out the “Divide & Conquer” video above, which outlines one of the numerous strategies you can use to bluff your opponent on the road to victory.

We’re really proud of the game’s compatibility with PlayStation Move. Since the early conception
phase for R.U.S.E., we wanted to create a strategy game plays equally well on PC and consoles, with simple controls and an interface that allows players to focus on the strategy, rather than the UI. Although the game plays like a charm with a standard controller, we couldn’t resist pushing things even further with PlayStation Move support. It is really a matter of matching philosophies: we want our game to play naturally, and PlayStation Move can provide games with this opportunity. So we used all the features of Move — optical, acceleration, and magnetic — to create smooth and natural interactions that allow you to change the view angle and zoom, control units and access the menu.

We hope you will have a great time trying the demo, please visit us at rusegame.com for more information about the game.

42 Comments

+ chaoszero14 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

looks great

+ Plankfan on August 31st, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Woot Woot!

+ BeerManMike on August 31st, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Looks boring.

+ chaoszero14 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

sorry for the double post but will this also have voice command like in Endwar?

+ acsguitar on August 31st, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I’m confused how does sending fake tanks to three areas help?

+ Wollan on August 31st, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

Instantly among the best console real-time strategy game ever due to Move controls.
Helps that the game is garnering great reviews as well (8 in Edge).

+ Aikuchii on August 31st, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

@acsguitar

In WW2 the British put fake tanks in different spots along there southern coast to hide were the Allies were amassing there real tanks and army for D-Day

+ osricenpatt on August 31st, 2010 at 10:27 am said:

What about Vanquish? We still waiting for Vanquish demo!

+ PaperCarrier on August 31st, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Fake tanks lol. That would sure distract and confuse the enemy well. The game looks great!

+ GooDer_gAMe on August 31st, 2010 at 10:40 am said:

How are the controls of this game with a controller? Since I don’t have a ps move yet (I doubt many others do as well lol), when I try the demo it will be with a controller.

+ Anddo on August 31st, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

If this is anything like the PC demo, day one! Gonna get the Move, so hopefully the PS3 version of R.U.S.E. is up to snuff.

+ SirTrigalot on August 31st, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

very impressive

+ Haskell420 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

It sounds awesome. When i 1st read about this game last year, I was dying to get into that BETA, because I love the idea and premise. Then when more info was released, it got more exciting. I can’t wait to try it out, and I hope it “IS” done well. Controls, scheme, etc..

+ KILLA_KING_007 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

hey im probably getting that im interested.

+ PhilRiverBR on August 31st, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

BO-RING… I’ll pass this one, as well the demo.

Back in the 80’s I used to play way more realistically than that with my GI-Joe vehicles at grandma’s backyard.

+ zombie9 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

LOL I’ve been waiting for move for months now and My PS3 is broke so it may be even longer for me.

+ realplayer82 on August 31st, 2010 at 11:01 am said:

Cant wait for the demo and will be getting the game the day it comes out sept. 7. Also getting move on release day so if you plan on buying the game and wanna battle send me an friend request. Also add me if you wanna play some castle crasher co-op tonite!! woot

+ mikedo2007 on August 31st, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

This looks very interesting for me. Might want to add that game to my list when I get the move.

+ PSWii2008 on August 31st, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

I’m usually not a fan of RTS games at all, but this looks like it’s pretty accessible for newcomers, but challenging for more experienced players. I’ve seen/heard great impressions from sites like Kotaku for the Move support, but I don’t see it working well with a normal controller. Maybe it’s good with voice chat (like Endwar), but a lot of people, including me, don’t have a good headset. In the video, is it being controlled with the Move controllers, or something else?

+ Berae on August 31st, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

The game looks fun, the boxart is horrible tho lol

Is the demo compatible with move when its gonna be out?

+ riskbreaker86 on August 31st, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

meh, i want Vanquish. It’s already up on Xbox Live.

+ YoungSpade141 on August 31st, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

this game isnt even showing up when i go to PS Store -_-

+ Jeigh on August 31st, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

I’ve actually been looking forward to this for awhile. Honestly, 60% of it is because Move+RTS is a total win, but I’ve also been quite intrigued by what I’ve read thus far. I’m thinking I’ll hold off on the demo until I get my hands on a Move so I can experience it “properly.”

+ KazeEternal on August 31st, 2010 at 11:29 am said:

@Mathieu Girard

Can’t wait to give this a try, I assume the demo will have PS Move support?

Also why don’t you RTS Makers ever support Keyboard and Mouse since the PS3 supports it via bluetooth and USB since choice of input is always a plus?

+ Jeigh on August 31st, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Forgot to mention: yeah, that boxart’s… well, it’s not… horrible…

Looks like a 90s war movie poster or something. Neither of the characters on the cover having any real distinguishing traits either (a patch or a scar or red eyes or evil-looking clothing). I can only assume they’re famous real-life generals or something.

+ pjimmhat on August 31st, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

looks fun but not for me…looks fun to just watch.

+ Thrasher20 on August 31st, 2010 at 12:00 pm said:

I like CNC so maybe I’ll get this

+ adolson on August 31st, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

If the demo works well when my Move controllers arrive, I’ll buy it for sure. I could get into a good strategy game with pointer support!

+ jimmyfoxhound on August 31st, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

I hope this game is good, I’ve had my eye on it for a while now!

+ marlyt on August 31st, 2010 at 1:06 pm said:

I’m a little confused. Can’t wait to demo this here unit because I’m sure it’s like some funny stories…you just have to be there to get it. Hope the long delay was worth sticking behind this game. Thanks for the demo, BTW.

+ Monetep on August 31st, 2010 at 1:25 pm said:

Mmmh, looks good, i should test the PC demo first… but what the, i’ll try the PS3 version.

+ John_Oval on August 31st, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

So does the demo have Move support as well? Like if I keep this on my hdd come sept 17th it will work?

+ jboyjeeks on August 31st, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

So how is the demo with the Move PS Blog folks, since you all have the Move already?

+ sniperskillz5 on August 31st, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

I havent heard much on this game but i will definately check out the demo if its implemented with PS Move.

+ DA_SHREDDER on August 31st, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

I wish I could try teh demo.

+ NewYork214 on August 31st, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

Is there a Move trailer out there for this game? I want to see someone playing it. I read a preview, think from joystiq, who were loving the move controls for this game.

+ the_disaster07 on August 31st, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

needs too much thinking

+ jacob-813 on August 31st, 2010 at 7:21 pm said:

Downloading demo

+ Lucky13X on August 31st, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

I hope the Move support makes the game as close to the promo videos of managing the game as though you are playing on a Microsoft Surface table.

+ EggySong85 on August 31st, 2010 at 10:57 pm said:

Which control mechanism is used in the video? Is this a video from a PC port, or is that cursor controlled with a Dualshock? Move?

+ afgar_m on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:47 pm said:

i preordered the ruse game in may for the ps3.and i’m pissed, just last week my ps3 got the ylod.so yea, now i got to get my ps3 fixed before i can play the game. & looking forward to it

+ silent_sid on September 7th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

i thought it was not going to be that good till i played the demo. And now i really want to get it