If you’re heading to the 2010 Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington this weekend, we’ve got a bit of a treat for you: Killzone 3 will be there, and YOU can go hands-on with the game’s multiplayer mode! This will be the first time the Killzone 3 multiplayer mode is accessible to the public, so we’re really anxious to hear what you think. To make sure as many people as possible get a shot, we’ve got 16 multiplayer pods set up, with 8v8 matches rolling over constantly. On top of that there’ll be seven single-player pods available, three of which sport glorious 3D! We’ll be giving away Killzone swag bags at the booth so make sure you get down there early since quantities are limited.
So be sure to visit the Killzone 3 booth at PAX 2010 (that’d be the one patrolled by Helghast Troopers), to get your first taste of the game’s single and multiplayer modes. And bring your buddies, because Brutal Melee is also part of the package. ;)
One last thing: keep your eyes out for collectible art cards we’re giving out at the Killzone 3 booth with the image above. We’ll have specific instructions on there letting you know how YOU can win a Killzone 3 Beta code!
Killzone 3 “Twitter Killzone 3 Feedback” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE PROMOTION OR CLAIM PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Killzone 3 “Twitter Killzone 3 Feedback” Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and are attending the Penny Arcade Expo (“PAX”) located at Washington State Convention & Trade Center, 800 Convention Place, Seattle, Washington 98101 and have visited the Killzone 3 booth; played the Killzone 3 video game and received a card with entry instructions. Employees and their immediate family members of Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and any and all other companies associated with this Promotion (“Promotion Entities”) and the employees, agents, officers, directors, and their immediate families (parent, siblings, children and spouse) and persons residing in the same household (whether related or not) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, anywhere outside of the U.S and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
2. SPONSOR. Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd, Foster City, CA 94404 (the “Sponsor”).
3. TIMING. The Promotion begins on September 3, 2010 at 10:00a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on September 5, 2010 at 10:00p.m. PST (the “Promotion Period).
4. TO ENTER. Anytime during the Promotion Period Entrant may enter as many times as they like but may only win once. To enter Entrant should (1)have played the Killzone 3 game and received a card with entry instructions; (2) sign into their Twitter account (“Account”) or, if Entrant is not already a member become a member of Twitter.com and sign into their Account. Please note that Entrants must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account visit http://twitter.com/tos. (3) tweet a message that contains feedback to the Killzone 3 game Entrant has just played as a targeted reply to @PlayStation using Twitter’s “@Reply” function along with exactly the following unique term (“Term”) in their tweet message “#Killzone3PAX” (collectively, “Entry”).
5. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may accept a mis-typed Term or Entry. If Entrant’s Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, their updates/responses will not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox; and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in Entrant’s failure to enter the Promotion. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrant’s online service will apply. If Entrant opts to receive Sponsor’s tweets via their wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging rates, airtime and carrier charges will apply for each text message sent or received from their handset according to the terms and conditions of Entrant’s service agreement with their wireless carrier. Entrant understands that by participation in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone or text message, if they are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact Entrant via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to their carrier’s rate plan. Entrant must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter using Twitter. Sponsor is not responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or unforeseen schedule changes that may limit an Entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion, even if caused by Sponsor’s negligence. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to Entrant’s contact information. Entries not satisfying these Official Rules are automatically disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion should virus, bugs unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Any individual who attempts or otherwise encourages, directly or indirectly, the entry of multiple or false contact information under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter or encourage, directly or indirectly, multiple or false entries, as determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com.
6. RANDOM DRAWING. Ten (10) Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions shall be final and binding. Winners shall be notified via Twitter using the Direct Message function.
7. PRIZES. Each winner will receive an invitation to participate in the Killzone 3 Beta (“Beta”).
8. WINNERS: Potential winners will be notified on Twitter by Direct Message to the potential winner’s account which shall be revealed at a later time due to the time-sensitive nature of the information. Potential winners will receive a voucher code which will be redeemed via the PlayStation 3 XMB in order to download the Beta. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $0.00. No prize substitution or cash equivalent permitted. Each prize is non-transferable. Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to unavailability of prize (or prize component) for any reason. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the Twitter Direct Message function that may interfere with winner notification. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) Failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s account prior to receipt of notification; or (2) a potential winner’s failure to become a follower of @PlayStation, resulting in the potential winner’s failure to receive a Direct Message from Sponsor; or (3) a potential winner’s account “protected mode” is set so that the potential winner’s updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @Reply inbox; or (4) a potential winner’s failure to include “#Killzone3PAX” and feedback regarding the Killzone 3 game or (5) any other non-compliance with the Official Rules.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASES. By entering, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding. By accepting prize, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, image, voice, hometown, and biographical information in advertising, trade and promotion, including on the Internet or via wireless application protocol, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All prize claims are subject to verification by Sponsor. Participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation. By participating, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any participant who attempts to tamper with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Additional restrictions may apply.
10. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
11. PROMOTION RESULTS. You may request the names of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 31, 2009 to “Twitter Killzone 3 Feedback” Sweepstakes Winner’s List, 919 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City, California 94404.
13. RESTRICTIONS. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.