Far Cry 4

Out Now on PS3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition

Tommy Rydling's Avatar + Posted by Tommy Rydling on Sep 02, 2010 // Senior Community Manager, DICE

Hi Battlefield fans! Don’t tell anyone, but I didn’t pick up Battlefield 1943 when it originally launched. For a DICE employee, that’s perhaps best kept a secret. The good news is: I have the perfect excuse to catch up on it now.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for PS3

More Battlefield goodness than you can shake an RPG at.

You get a ton of stuff in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition, with Onslaught Mode, Limited Edition Unlocks and the full version of Battlefield 1943 — DICE’s PSN WWII shooter from the summer of 2009, now making its first appearance in retail stores.

As you may or may not remember, when Battlefield 1943 first launched, DICE ran the Coral Sea Challenge. As soon as the gamers on PS3 reached 43 million kills collectively, a fourth map would unlock. For a latecomer to the party, it’s still a blast to soar through the skies on the Coral Sea bonus map, even though I missed out on contributing in the challenge.

Battlefield 1943 for PS3

Back to the beautiful Pacific in Battlefield 1943.

Back then, it took the PS3 gamers only eight days to reach the 43 million kill limit! Which got me wondering: What has happened since then in the Battlefield universe, numbers-wise? So I dove into the official PS3 stats for Bad Company 2 (released only six months ago) and came back with the following impressive figures:

Total body count: 2,551,119,430
Total time played (hours): 61,391,471 (that’s 7,000 years!)
Total dog tags taken: 76,712,440
Number of deaths by defibrillator: 828,069

Turns out a medic can use his tools for more offensive duties than reviving his comrades! Of course, by the time you read this, these numbers will have increased even further. So make sure to stop by and check out the global stats, as well as your individual, detailed battle records.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition is out now for $59.95. If you want to get the skinny on everything happening in the Battlefield community, stay tuned on Twitter @OfficalBFBC2 and battlefield.com.

Oh, and as always, remember to keep your squad tight.

38 Comments

+ Jeigh on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

And don’t think ill of me, but I really haven’t been following this game very closely. Will the Bad Company humor continue on in-tact?

Oh, and the defibrillator death-count will probably spike now that it’s out in the open and has such a comparatively small number.

+ PunchoThaBoss on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Im ready for Vietnam!!

+ Szarky on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

How about some new maps? No I don’t want anymore of those “Map Packs”. You know what, lets rename that to “new modes no one wants for exsiting level packs”.

+ OlDirtyBaztard on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

God I hate medics. Too many guys running around with machine guns. LOL

+ Szarky on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I suggest people skip single player as it was pretty bad by today’s standard and go straight to multiplayer. That’s where the magic is. Can’t wait for Vietnam! Onslaught was very underwhelming and started collecting digital dust after 2 days.

Rush multiplayer is so addictive!

+ ballar_swages23 on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

there no point of getting it when medal of honor coming out it the same thing as bfbc2 n they couldve thought about this before

+ BigBoss712 on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Definitely getting this version soon, always wanted to get the game, I loved the beta.

+ zombie9 on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Slap in the face to all who bought it early this year thanks alot DICE.

+ KiLLaNoiZ_P on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

This game needs new game modes got bored of rush conquest n team deathmatch haven’t played this game in over 2months bc game modes getting boring

+ Patronaso on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Awesome.. a big thanks to Dice for putting together an excellent “team-based” experience.

Btw, when can we get more information on the Vietnam DLC?

+ moriarty1975 on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Will BF1943 ever get a patch to fix mic issues or are DICE happy to sell a broken game?

+ Axecution on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:22 am said:

It’s so annoying that there’s not gonna be any downloadable maps for the game though. Like seriously. Medal of Honor looks awesome, but some more BC2 maps would be nice; and absolutely is and should be expected. It’s so dumb that you just locked maps and modes on the discs and then unlocked them over time. It doesn’t qualify as ‘new’ if it was on the disc the entire time. Hell you don’t even need to download/update anything. It just auto-unlocks at midnight. Wtf? Why not just… -.-
Oh well. lol i love BC2 anyway, and im sure Medal of Honor will be awesome. Hopefully it’ll actually have support after the release unlike Bad Company 2.

+ evildude683 on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

I stopped playing this due to the huge amount of idiots waiting for you at the respawn point and 12 yr olds sniping from glitching positions.

+ poodude on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

Is the DLC on disc, or does the game come packed with codes to download the content? I’m just asking because I although I already own BFBC 2 & the VIP maps, I’d rather buy this if it’s all on disc than download the Onslaught pack and such.

Also, are the SPECAT unlocks included?

+ Airwalkinman17 on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:52 am said:

I need to get back into this game!
This games online multiplayer is easily the best this generation of videogames has to offer. Its deep, rewarding, varied, and most importaly FUN. Hats off on creating one helluva game guys!
On a side note:
My dog chewed up my bluetooth mic and so I can’t talk to people while playing this game. This sucks because when I communicate with others I do really good, but when I don’t I lose some of the strategy aspect of the game.
Time to go buy a mic….

+ I3rand0 on September 2nd, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Don’t buy EA games on release, just wait 6-12 months for the Ultimate versions. DLC is ruining this console generation.

+ Justp94 on September 2nd, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

With Medal of Honor right i around the corner… This is a no go for me.

+ V0L1M1N4L on September 2nd, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

@8 zombie9

How is this a slap in the face for people who bought the game at launch? If you already have BC2, you can buy Onslaught/BF1943 on psn together for 19.99.

+ suck_my_john on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Eh whatever my bc2 is collecting dust……..

+ glody on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Will Dice be adding a 3D stereoscopic enabled mode for those of us who own or are in the market to purchase a 3D television?

+ Thrasher20 on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

I love BFBC2. Much better than MW2

+ Thrasher20 on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

BRING WAKE ISLAND TO BFBC2!

+ glody on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

I love BFBC2 much better than MW2 myself, but they definitely need to throw in a ton of new levels. $9.00 for 9 new levels and I’m sold. ;)

+ Enigma777 on September 2nd, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I don’t understand why you didn’t wait and include Vietnam in this instead of 1943 (who even cares for that anymore?)…

Is there going to be a Super Ultimate Edition that has everything? Yea… see how pointless this is.

+ poweredbyzen on September 2nd, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

i already have battlefield 1943 from the playstation network. gimme new weapons, not regurgitated maps. pffft!

+ SalMoriarty on September 2nd, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Let’s bring Battlefield Heroes over to the PS3!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 2nd, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

Hell i Want this!
battlefield 1943 free!!!

+ exterminator_123 on September 2nd, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

NICE I REALLY LIKE THIS !!!! AND IM AGREE WITH ZOMBIE9

+ MrBeatdown on September 2nd, 2010 at 7:04 pm said:

I’m definitely planning to pick this up at some point, but the price is too steep for someone who already owns Battlefield 1943.

+ station3fever on September 2nd, 2010 at 7:55 pm said:

Well i tried to play the demo of Battlefield 1943 but the demo was a half hour trial to which my friend played 25 minutes and i only played 5 minutes. To make a long story short TIME BASE DEMOS ARE B S AND ANY COMPANY WHO DOES THAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPID. HOW THE HELL CAN A BUYER TEST A GAME OUT LIKE THAT?! TO SEE IF HE OR SHE LIKES IT? IT’S JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME!!! SO THE END RESULT IS JUST TO UNINSTALL AND MOVE ON, “and not to purchase” thank you dice and have a nice day :)

+ jacob-813 on September 2nd, 2010 at 9:06 pm said:

Wish I could play m games. What if you already have 1943? Then what happens? Just wondering.

+ digiboy123 on September 2nd, 2010 at 9:12 pm said:

Isn’t there ANY WAY to fix the horrible lag and connection issues to 1943? It was great when it first came out, but now it’s become the most unpleasant thing on the PS3 to try to play. Sigh.

+ MadMeat001 on September 2nd, 2010 at 10:21 pm said:

will Battlefield 2526 ever come to Psn and Xbla? i loved this game on the pc

+ n4nobust3r on September 2nd, 2010 at 11:58 pm said:

if all the dlc not on disc then no buy from me -_-.Screw download code, PS3 Bluray should easily stuff all that dlc and addon on the disc, There is no point buying ultimate version/ or GOTY or what ever you call it if the dlc/addon not on disc.

Publisher should publish their ultimate version on disc especially since PS3 has bluray, i believe Borderland GOTY edition will also only has download codes sigh (-_-!).

+ rose_tyler18 on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

@ V0L1M1N4L

It’s a slap in the face because if we purchased the game at launch for 60 bucks we now have to pay 20 more dollars for the extra content that the Ultimate Edition has for what we paid at launch. I’m about to stop buying launch games because it looks like everyone just wants to re-release their games with all the DLC. It makes me sad. :(

+ COOPERCLAN1 on September 4th, 2010 at 4:02 am said:

I’m going crazy to get platinum on BFBC 1 & 2 before VIETNAM!!! Comes out XD can’t wait

+ KILLA_KING_007 on September 6th, 2010 at 12:55 am said:

BBC2 is a great game but it kinda sucks ppl are going to get what I had to pay for free

+ fredogairaut on September 7th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

I lost my campaign progress yesterday on BFBC2,I was at 55%.
now i have to restart from the beginning.
thanks to the freeze.
is there anyway i can get a save game data for the campaign.

PSN FREDOGAIRAUT