PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 02

Sep 02

PlayStation Move Bundle: Final Retail Unboxing

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

You may have seen some new impressions of PlayStation Move recently. A number of sites, both gaming and mainstream, received their press kits last week, hence the new reviews. We’ve been linking out to many of them on the sidebar, and we’ll fully recap on Sunday’s What We Read.

But what about you, the customer? How will your Move experience begin? We just got in the final retail packaging for the PlayStation Move Bundle. Here’s what you get in the box:

Like we said in the video, the included demo disc is so stuffed with content – 11 games! – that we decided to make a whole seperate post on it. Look for that one soon.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

nino1911 said:

September 2nd, 3:14 pm

i cant afford a move this year unfortanetly Jeff can i get a free one pleeease

bob52 said:

September 2nd, 3:18 pm

are all the demos going to be on the psn as well. I already own the eye so i do not need to pick up the bundle but is there anywhere i will be able to get the demos?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Ami Sheth said:

September 2nd, 4:39 pm

Most of the demos will be up after launch. Stay tuned for PlayStation store updates.

T3mpr1x said:

September 2nd, 3:18 pm

Lol nice I think this is Sony’s first-ever official unboxing of a product. If not first ever then surely first on the PS.Blog! :) My Move controller’s been pre-ordered for a while (already have the Eye thanks to EoJ), contemplating if I should get the Nav controller in place of my DS3…

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 3:56 pm

I believe you are correct. Should we continue?

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

September 2nd, 3:18 pm

already pre-order my Move controller!
cant wait for playing Time Crisis!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 3:57 pm

It’s definitely one of my favorites – really enjoy the Deadstorm Pirates bonus game.

GJD21 said:

September 2nd, 3:18 pm

Is Socom 4 on the demo disk?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 3:56 pm

It is not – you’ll see the whole lineup soon.

kcasa said:

September 2nd, 3:19 pm

got my move for over a month now having fun with tumble

BurntChicken said:

September 2nd, 3:20 pm

Confused about the release date… seems every store will have this for sale the 17th not the 19th as mentioned in the video. Has it changed?

WO_oLL3Y said:

September 2nd, 3:21 pm

It’d be nice if the controller came with a game seeing how I already have a PS eye….

MainEv3nt_69 said:

September 2nd, 3:22 pm

you guys should add a countdown to launch on the blog

SirTrigalot said:

September 2nd, 3:22 pm

Yep can’t wait already preordered and ready to go. Online demos would be nice though

drew713 said:

September 2nd, 3:22 pm

Will the demo’s eventually end up on the PSN? I already have the PS Eye so I won’t be getting the bundle. I hate to miss out on the demo’s.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Ami Sheth said:

September 2nd, 4:59 pm

Most of the demos will be available on PSN after launch. Keep an eye out for PlayStation Store updates.

SevenFive said:

September 2nd, 3:23 pm

I already have a PS Eye, is there a bundle without the Eye?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Ami Sheth said:

September 2nd, 4:46 pm

No. Currently, we are only offering the hardware and software bundles which both include the PS Eye camera.

Janfinsen said:

September 2nd, 3:24 pm

Why is there not a usb cable in the box? It should at least be in the starter kit. If the bluetooth headset can get one, so can this.

bob52 said:

September 2nd, 3:25 pm

@12 There is no bundle without the eye but you can get the controller and the game separately

chaoszero14 said:

September 2nd, 3:25 pm

i hope i can get this the day it releases.

GreyLynx said:

September 2nd, 3:26 pm

Put down the money for the 99.99 pack and a nav(traded in my 360 for it back when the slim 360 first came out).

I’m wondering what’s on that disck

MarinoBrea said:

September 2nd, 3:28 pm

It’d be interesting to see someone playing with the Dualshock in one hand, since they say that bundle is “all that you need”.

austinite04 said:

September 2nd, 3:29 pm

Why NOT include the ALL important Analog controller??? That is sony Nintendo of Sony.. I hated the wii for a reason, everything I wanted in the first place out of the box cost an extra fee… :-(

I MAY get this since I already have a ps eye from EoJ which btw, I haven’t played eoj since a week after i got it.. when it Launched.. So thats why i’m waiting on this one.. I do like it for having something to hold unlike XB Kinect.. But at least give us analog controllers, I dont wanna hold my ds3 in one hand, i might break it..

focaldragonfly23 said:

September 2nd, 3:29 pm

disregard the 19th release date the official release date is the 17 i asked the sony guy that goes to the store to clean up the ps3

austinite04 said:

September 2nd, 3:29 pm

I meant to say that is SO Nintendo of SONY..lol

jefXfree said:

September 2nd, 3:30 pm

Will the demo disc have trophies?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 3:59 pm

Nope, they’re just demos. Sports Champions has a full slate of Trophies, including Platinum.

Goaliegeek said:

September 2nd, 3:31 pm

So will the demos from the demo disc be available on the PS Store? I already have the Eye so I’m just gonna get a Move (maybe 2) and Sports Champions (wish it had online).

GreyLynx said:

September 2nd, 3:33 pm

@austinite04 all PS3 consoles including this bundle come with a Dualshock 3

wontbesilenced said:

September 2nd, 3:34 pm

I heard a rumor that the evil p!r@tes found a security hole in the Move that allows you play unsigned games.

Firmware 3.50 will include a patch to disable all Move functionality to protect the system.

Yeah, I’m still bitter about the loss of OtherOS functionality. And this is obviously not true (yet) but I wouldn’t put this past Sony.

Of course Karma reigns supreme, and you are going to get what you deserve. You know, since you can now officialy copy games to a hard drive. You dug your own grave, no sympathy here.

stephenju said:

September 2nd, 3:34 pm

How long is the USB cable on the PS Eye?

KiLLaNoiZ_P said:

September 2nd, 3:34 pm

Y is sports champions eye pet and so many other games releasing on sept 7 when the ps move n navigator are both releasing sept 17 or 19 one those 2 days. Well neways why are those games been release a week early when it requires the ps move. Pretty st**** if u ask me big fail only Sony would do that

Trioptical said:

September 2nd, 3:36 pm

Will all of the loyal early adopter types who already have a PS3 and PS Eye be able to get the amazing demo disc in some way?

Dragonzblaze said:

September 2nd, 3:36 pm

im getting the 320 gig ps3 move bundle can not wait to pick it up

cute_chris said:

September 2nd, 3:36 pm

cant wait for it to come out

barnaclejoe said:

September 2nd, 3:37 pm

Ah.. well, I already bought the PS Eye much earlier in the PS3 lifecycle, because of the promises that it would provide so many awesome gameplay opportunities.

….then… yeah, not a whole lot came out for it.

But then the Move comes out! Awesome.. But… I guess since Sony assumes no one bought the move, anyone who already has it has to buy Sports champions at FULL PRICE…

WTF.

That’s okay Sony, I don’t feel TOTALLY RIPPED OFF!

Funksta85 said:

September 2nd, 3:38 pm

lol PS Move looks like a wii. Just sayin. Also Imma get me CoD Black Opps when it comes out so I wont have enough for move.

Destiny89 said:

September 2nd, 3:39 pm

Im seriously looking forward to Move, getting the $99 bundle

cute_chris said:

September 2nd, 3:39 pm

it suck i juss got my 250gb ps3 an the 320 is coming =(

Carl-G said:

September 2nd, 3:39 pm

Cool video;) Wish the PlayStation eye was wireless? Or the PS3 had some USB ports at the back to. I hate wires! :D

Zinacef said:

September 2nd, 3:39 pm

In today’s terrible economy, couldn’t Sony have made this a little more affordable, or, include some kind of incentive or discount to purchase it at a lower price?

MarinoBrea said:

September 2nd, 3:40 pm

Also, don’t you think $400 is too much to ask? I mean, what’s your real target with that bundle? Not casual gamers trying to decide for this instead of $200 Wii, are they?

I suggested you should have made a bundle matching 1:1 everything the Wii packs inside. That would mean leave the Dualshock 3 out, include a Move controller, a Nav controller, PSeye and Sports Champion. Why 320GB for the casual audience that isn’t going to appreciate that kind of value? Bundle a 40GB PS3 if anything (10x more than the ridiculous 4GB X360) and it’s 100% more storage than a Wii for sure), and let them know they can easily upgrade the HDD.

Sell that bundle for $300, and you’ll see how you catch some of the Wii’s audience, and at the same time you’ll sell more Dualshocks which retail higher than the Nav controller. The important thing here is building up a installed base quickly, and you’re giving the potential customers everything they actually need for a competitive price. Save costs on HDD and that DS3 which is expensive and rather clumsy paired with the Move, and lower the costs to capture the audience you should be entirely focused on with the Move.

cute_chris said:

September 2nd, 3:40 pm

i have to get black opps.that game is sickkk

Jeigh said:

September 2nd, 3:42 pm

Unfortunately, one thing that you may or may not acknowledge in those reviews you are touting is that most say that the experience is only partial/incomplete without a second Move controller. One thing you SHOULD bring up is that most say that the Nav controller really isn’t necessary- just optional, which should at least put aside some of the complaints about pricing.

My ideal bundle: 2 move controllers and The Fight or Sports Champions. $100-120

jayrockslife said:

September 2nd, 3:45 pm

I’m waiting for some retailers to put together their own bundles coughCOSTCOcough or for Sony to release a bundle that includes enough controllers for more than one player.

cute_chris said:

September 2nd, 3:46 pm

yh true

SpyDudeFX said:

September 2nd, 3:47 pm

I wish you made one more SKU Move+Navigator+Game bundle. So does the Move itself also come with the demo disc? Or is the disc exclusive to the bundles?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 4:01 pm

The disc only comes with the bundles.

tiger7758 said:

September 2nd, 3:47 pm

I see a reoccurring theme of LBP Music. Keep it up!

Kirkpad said:

September 2nd, 3:49 pm

I would love to get the demo disc without buying another EYE.

KazeEternal said:

September 2nd, 3:50 pm

Jeff I want demo disc! I already own the PS Eye and I’m ordering this mess separately because I don’t need 2 of what I already own. Anyway you can help a guy out and ship me the demo disc or make sure others like myself can download those demos from PSN?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

September 2nd, 4:02 pm

Lot of questions on that – I’ll see what I can find out.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

September 2nd, 3:51 pm

i dont need the bundle..i already own the camera..but like everyone else is asking ..will the demo be available separately or atleast on PSN..which im sure they will do so.anywho..ima get the MOVE day one…sucks TIME CRISIS wont be out till a few weeks later..

SolidPlisken said:

September 2nd, 3:54 pm

inFamous music :)

CheesePie13 said:

September 2nd, 3:55 pm

Is that LittleBigPlanet music im hearing?

El_Hoardo said:

September 2nd, 3:59 pm

I already have a PS Eye, but I’m interested in the standalone Move and Nav controller.

Is there any way I can get my hands on these demos?

jimfear said:

September 2nd, 4:02 pm

Cant wait to play at the fight lights out :]
i hope its one the demo disc
brrrlaaap brrrrlaaaappp