Minecraft PS4

Coming Tuesday to PSN: TerRover for PS3

Scott Hyman's Avatar + Posted by Scott Hyman on Sep 03, 2010 // VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey there, PlayStation faithful! It’s Scott from Creat Studios, back again like a bad vampire movie sequel. Haven’t heard about TerRover, our upcoming release from Sony Online Entertainment? Let me tell you all about it. TerRover will hit the PlayStation Network on Tuesday, September 7th for $14.99 and keep you playing for untold hours thereafter.

The TerRover is a cute little robot buggy with a big smile and warm heart in need of your help to find a new planetary home for him and his friends. You get weapons and tools and a chassis equipped with rocket launchers, magnet cables and more to assist in collecting all the mechanical parts scattered about and discovering the secret areas and hidden passages.

Now, the new stuff: TerRover features over 40 stages of puzzling arcade levels on five strange and different planets, each with its own physics and funky, eye-popping 2D art style. All pose unique threats and their own version of fun! The icy vistas of Congelata let you dig through snow and glide along stretches of ice. The all-tech surfaces of Mechanica toss you about its gears and motorized hazards. Robot-eating plants, underground rivers, and strange vegetation on the terrains of Acor and Aura will keep you and your TerRover on your toes (er… wheels?) The treacherous volcanoes and lava of Volcanus can thrust you high into the air or melt you on contact.

TerRoverTerRover

When you do complete a challenging level and feel the need to show the world just how you did it, you can! TerRover offers YouTube support to upload your latest escapade to the internet and crown yourself as TerRover champion. That’s not enough? Well, then you’ll have to rack up the multitude of Trophies available and make your status official to everyone.

And if you need a break from all that pressure of trying to relocate the TerRover population to safety, there’s great local multiplayer action, too! Up to four players can compete in a number of different modes and races in different locations. While the multiplayer is competitive, it occasionally takes a cooperative turn, and forces you and your opponent to briefly work together.

TerRover for PS3: core team

Our team at Creat Studios frequently gets asked about the inspiration for TerRover’s expressing emotions. To better explain it, let’s hear from TerRover’s producer, Olga Solokova:

“We discussed it at the very beginning, based on our experience of making an inanimate character come to life on previous project, Digger HD. We thought it was cool, so we set out to push it further and make TerRover smile, gasp and frown, get angry or frustrated, to make him feel and express emotion. Early into production, TerRover was alive due to the amazing work of our art director, Anastasia Vasilieva. She’s a master of perfecting small and cute things, like she did on Mushroom Wars. We laughed a lot while working on TerRover, and I hope that we’ll make the players feel that and smile at TerRover’s funny faces, too.”

Everyone at Creat Studios really hopes you enjoy our newest game, and we want to hear from you. Please drop by our website, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, and tell us what you think. As always… thank you again to all of our fans out there. We can’t do what we love without you.

PAGE 1 2

+ Spores on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Right on!!! You guys sure know how to please us….um in a non-X-rated way lol Once I played the demo I knew I had to have it, every new thing I came across I was shouting about its brilliance.I’m psyched to play the full game, yet I hate to say your Trophies on past games were a bit….lackluster. I hope that’s not the case this time around :( Once you spend a couple grand on the PSN you get choosy lol Looking forward to the game and maybe some terrover shirts or figures *hint Hint*-Spores

+ GooniesAndy on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

We’ve been waiting for word on when this would be out since the Qore demo first came out – I was out shopping with the kiddos today when my husband called to let us know it was coming out on Tuesday. My four-year-old is SO excited… he asks about it all the time!

+ Spores on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

@GooniesAndy…….22year olds re excited too lol!!!

+ KILLZONE79 on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

hey create, how about some for DLC for SmashCars since theres no online players found on that game and i wanted to try that virus run too.

+ sNsKid on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

Didn’t know TerRover would be out so soon. Some parts in the demo were a bit hard. I enjoyed it though. I’m actually liking Mushroom Wars more than I thought I would. Sucks that I can’t buy it at the current discounted price because it’s offered free to PS+ subscribers.

+ Szamal on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

why only local multiplayer?

+ barnaclejoe on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

looks fun. I’ll try the demo when I get the chance.

It could definitely be worth the price if the puzzles are fun and, at least as important, if it feels “good” to move around.

I am sure you know what I mean by that.

+ Brapp347 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

Looks cool. It’s like jelly car, except better :)

+ DrMikki on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

I want to purchase as well, but I’m hesitant because I’m sure there will be a Pkaystation Plus discount eventually and I want to take full advantage of my membership. If therecwas a PlayStation Pkus discount on day 1, I’d buy it immediately…

+ DrMikki on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

Silly iPhone typos :) sorry!!

+ rjejr on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:55 pm said:

I liked the demo for the most part, but the “lightness” [for lack of a better word] of the character seemed wrong. I wanted to drive this tank over and through stuff but more often than not I would just jump and roll, roll and jump. Why try to drive and deal with the controls when you can just basically turn yourself into a ball and roll across a level?

+ BlackLemonade on September 3rd, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Looks like a mix of PixelJunk: Eden + Loco Roco + Tiny Tank. Count me in at the first price drop!

+ zlihunger on September 3rd, 2010 at 4:48 pm said:

awesome game! definitely sold on this one

+ Hell-Raiser-85 on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Yes good news. But when will it be out in the uk?

+ PullusPardusUS on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Review in just 3 Words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huLk9IU-8qk :-D

+ Monetep on September 3rd, 2010 at 6:08 pm said:

This a puzzle game? MMMh i would like to try first the demo, looks interesting…

+ Sakimori_X on September 3rd, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

Can’t really spare the cash, but I’ll buy it anyways. I love creat and everything they do, and TerRover looks like the sort of quirky fun/challenge I could go for right about now.

+ Richlando on September 3rd, 2010 at 9:40 pm said:

I’ll buy it, not only because the demo was so much fun but mostly because of the amount of comments you have posted. Refreshing to see on this blog indeed.TAKE NOTES SCEA!!! THIS IS THE TYPE OF FEEDBACK YOUR COMMUNITY WANTS!!! European P.S. Blog gets it..

+ freddyrivas on September 4th, 2010 at 2:55 am said:

im gonna have to pass on this one i loved the demo but purhased too many 15 dollar games already and feel this one should just be 9.99 soon or later every game on psn will be 19.99 dont know what ill do then LOL

+ Mooshywooshy on September 4th, 2010 at 5:30 am said:

After seeing all these people loving the demo it makes me wonder if I just missed something? Like the whole ferris wheel in the lava stage was nearly impossible for me to jump out of? And I would have difficulty maneuvering in the rotating door type obstacle…
Then again maybe I just sucked at the game?

+ Berae on September 4th, 2010 at 5:49 am said:

looks nice ill try the demo.

A new interpol full screen 1080p would be awesome.

+ c-mac13 on September 4th, 2010 at 8:00 am said:

Awesome demo. That’s all I have to say.

+ AriAdniA on September 4th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

TeRover looks awesome. I love those “artsy” games on PS3. I just hope TeRover will
find it´s way to EU PSN at the same time, which may well not be the case unfortunately,
as too often.. (pun intended!).

+ Disjecta on September 4th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

Wow, looks like PixelJunk Shooter meets Moon Patrol. Too bad it’s $15, though. Please lower it more reasonably to $10.

Though I guess at least it’s not 599 US dollars.

+ letherclad on September 4th, 2010 at 3:43 pm said:

I’ve been enjoying the demo, I may pick this up!

+ austinite04 on September 4th, 2010 at 6:19 pm said:

I am a PS+ user, I did play the demo, $15?? I am aware how the profit margins split The Official PS magazine does have a pie chart but come on!! The game is circa 1992 as far as looks, I wouldn’t pay $15 for it, and controls were clumsy.. I have played ps games forever… I would publish a game for only $6.00 if I had the SDK for the PS3..

+ OILIX on September 4th, 2010 at 11:35 pm said:

Congratulations on this awesome looking game. I’m always looking for games that have some sort of weird cartoon graphics and mechanics and you guys did a great job on this one, I’ll get it since day 1 and for the price, I think is an affordable one because it will provide me and my family hours and hours of entertainment. Keep up the good work guys and keep those wonderful games coming!

+ BananaFish on September 5th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

Overpriced. Sony needs to put a PRICE CAP on all ‘wire frame’ games at like $5.99.

+ kenb6870 on September 5th, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

You guys make great games (loved Smash Cars, Cuboid, and Mushroom Wars) I checked out the demo on Qore (nice!)

+ Libintia on September 6th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

I have much love for Creat and their willingness to respond to their audience (*ahem* Take a hint, Sony!!) I’m definitely going to pick this title up but I’m afraid I might have to wait for a sale/price drop. $15 seems a bit steep.

+ gamerboy845 on September 6th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

im a 2d platformer kind of guy, id say its at the right price and it very fun! hope you guys someday make a full $60 game, it would be amazing if you guys got a big buget for a game.

+ saadskel on September 6th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

After playing the demo I was really waiting for this game to come out….but not for $15. I notice the pattern of psn games coming out for $15 lately and that is just too much for me. $10 is just right and would gladly buy it for that price, but with most of the games coming out the past few weeks for $15, i’m gonna pass until the price drops.

+ Budmaceone on September 8th, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

did this come out yesterday? As of like 9pm EST, it wasn’t available in my store.

+ illthreat on September 8th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

$15 is too much!?? It’s well worth the price! A fantastic game!

Instead of complaining that the $15 price is above your limit, work another half hour and enjoy the great game that the devs worked hard on!

+ infotree on September 9th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Thumbs up, Creat Studios! I’m delighted with this wonderful game! The very fine 2D very colorful artwork, the expressive face on our cute TerRover depending on terrain, movement or effort is a great touch. Loved the demo, bought full game immediately on release.

I find the controls very easy to use and work effectively to maneuver the TerRover through these wonderful planets. As a patent searcher, I enjoy figuring out difficult puzzles, challenges in both work and gaming. The tougher it becomes, the more I dig in to figure it out.

The price of this downloadable game is very appropriate, no problem with me considering what’s been put into this game. As a PSN+ member a little discount would of been nice.

I personally think TerRover is the best release so far on PSN.

Now just provide as with a little TerRover avatar……

+ toasty_hoodie on September 10th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

@85, I’m not sure what game you’ve been playing, but I agree with IGN’s review with this.

I am constantly wrestling the controls in this game. The difficulty is ramped up because of this. It is incredibly frustrating and not fun at all.

I wish I could get my money back and buy Castle Crashers instead.

+ jbsmooth7 on September 20th, 2010 at 5:39 am said:

Bought this game day one. I have really really enjoyed it… until the final level. I’m sorry, but it is quite ridiculous not to include a continue point. I’m not sure how many people have actually beat it, or did it by climbing the wall in the beginning of the level, but I expect not many have made it through… Shame.

+ FlukeRogi on September 29th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

I’ll second toasty_hoodie’s comments – IGN puts into words my exact feelings after playing the demo.

It looks great, you want to like, but you feel like you’re fighting the controls all the way instead of enjoying the game.

The levels (at least those I played) also seemed ridiculously cramped. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of a learning curve either.

Shame really, but my money will be going elsewhere.

PAGE 1 2