PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Demo for Spartan Army, God of War Live Recap

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 03, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! Disappointed that you couldn’t make it to God of War Live?

Unable to attend the PAX PlayStation.Blog Beyond meetup in Seattle yesterday?

No worries! We’ve got you covered on the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Demo.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta demo for PSP

We know our Spartan Army members are true die-hard God of War fans, so it only makes sense for us to grant our opted-in registrants all premiums and first access. As part of a ‘thank you’ to our hardcore Spartan Army members, we are emailing out demo voucher codes to each and every GodofWar.com and SpartansStandTall.com registrants today, Friday, September 3rd at 2:00pm Pacific time.

So be sure to check your email inbox for your own access to the God of War: Ghost of Sparta demo experience.

All we ask is that you’re within the United States, Canada or Mexico. You must also be a GodofWar.com or SpartansStandTall.com registrant on or before 08/01/2010. For European residence, please check with PlayStation.Blog.Europe for more information.

For those that couldn’t attend, God of War Live on Wednesday was absolutely incredible! Thank you again for all that attended and making the event a huge success. Over 150 of our PlayStation.Blog community was treated to an unfiltered, non-censored, no-holds-barred discussions with the entire cast of God of War Game Directors. Those who attended could tell you that the responses given by David, Cory, Ru, Stig and Dan were honest and totally unscripted.

God of War: Game Directors Live

God of War: Game Directors Live

Three very fortunate attendees won our raffle prizing at the end of the night, including the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Entertainment Pack, Franchise Bundle, and the mystery prize… the first and only print of the official Art of God of War III from Ballistic Publishing — a 272-page book revealing more than 100 pieces of artwork that didn’t appear in the game. Best of all, it was signed by each of the five God of War game directors, and he took the ONLY public released copy home the same night. Visit Ballistic Publishing for more info.

The Art of God of War III cover

To witness the recording of God of War Live, be sure to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta at any of our participating retailers to secure your six-item pre-order bonuses.

Every End Must First Begin.

+ etur0 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

I got the code but I can’t play it yet but I download it anyway

+ G-Force08 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

I just checked my e-mail about 20 mins ago and saw it in there, then came here. I THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL! Guess not! =p

I kid. But cool stuff, although I was going to get it next week with PS+ anyway, it’s cool that I got it even before most PS+ members >=D

+ remanutd5 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

ok i still havent received no demo yet

+ eddieMX07 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

Thanks for demo! I played for a few minutes and then the game froze at the part where kratos is fighting the snake creature. It froze after I dodged the tail attack. That was the first time my PSP had to restart. The beginning was very familiar since I played GOW1. Hopefully the rest of the game will feel new…

+ gdogg666 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

yo eddiemx07 how big is the file?

+ poohFan on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:46 pm said:

I still have not received the code for the demo.

+ KazeEternal on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:50 pm said:

Code still not received for Demo….

+ T-Whitt24 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

I just got the GOW demo and it is epic. This game is going to be awesome!!! I can not wait till it comes out.

+ eddieMX07 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

The file is 93 MB… I thought it would be bigger…

+ eddieMX07 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

Actually its 92 MB

+ divinuseques on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

Where’s my demo code? I’m a member…

+ gdogg666 on September 3rd, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

wow thats actually pretty small for this type of game hell the chains of olypmis is actually a gb big or so odd indeed

+ PhillyTheCat on September 3rd, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

92mb=demo

+ Arucard55X on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

Serious question what do i do if an e-mail never comes when i’ve been registered to both sites for quite some time and im a huge fan of the series i even have the game preordered

+ PhillyTheCat on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

go to the main site and look for a member that you can ask for their code. many people have an extra code or dont have a PSP. good luck!

+ TruRage on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

I got my email and I played it and OMFG the graphics on this is insane. MAJOR props to the devs. I didn’t know PSP could be so powerful! Awesome job! I love the shield/spear weapon! I can’t wait to play more!!

+ Zhi13 on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

just played the demo! simply amazing cant wait till it comes out!

+ eyesofreality03 on September 3rd, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

just finished the demo…AMAZING!!! november can’t get here soon enough, just wish there were dlc plans for 3.

+ dstith76 on September 3rd, 2010 at 6:12 pm said:

THIS BLOWS I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN THE CODE HAVE BEEN A MAMBER OF THE GOD OF WAR SITE FROM 6-26-2009 AND STILL NO DEMO CODE

+ felipe227 on September 3rd, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

I didn’t receive my code also. WTF!! Very frustrating when you have registered since the site went up. Someone needs to look into this and right the very big wrong to loyal game fans. Not cool.

+ Budapesti on September 3rd, 2010 at 7:10 pm said:

God of War Directors Live was fantastic. As you said, the directors were refreshingly honest. I go to a lot of panel discussions, mainly for films (an advantage of living in LA, and being just a few hours drive away from Comic-Con) but this was one of the most illuminating that I’ve ever attended.
All five directors gave thoughtful, intelligent and honest (sometimes brutally so, quite fitting given the subject matter) responses to the questions. That stage set was pretty fantastic, too.
I’m just VERY curious as to how much material ends up on the cutting room floor. There was more cussing than the average Tarantino film (not mentioning any names Jaffe) and plenty of potentially unflattering comments about certain industry professionals.
Loved it!

+ xxnike629xx on September 3rd, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

Hm. I still haven’t gotten my code or whatever emailed and I did register for that http://www.godofwar.com site a while ago.

>_<

+ Venom1976 on September 3rd, 2010 at 8:04 pm said:

I registered a while ago and I haven’t received a code either. What’s up ?

+ spartan400 on September 3rd, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

I have been signed up since GOW3 and i didnt get an email code yet? whats up

+ toasty_hoodie on September 3rd, 2010 at 8:34 pm said:

Still no code for me

+ remanutd5 on September 3rd, 2010 at 8:43 pm said:

yeap , still no code for me either

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 4th, 2010 at 1:02 am said:

read above

+ gbear240 on September 3rd, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

I signed up for the spartan army before god of war 3 cae out i didnt geod of war fan i have gow collection gow 3 n im plannin to get the psp bundle just so i can have every gow of war game except betrayal on the phone i dont know how to get that

+ angelspawn77 on September 3rd, 2010 at 9:56 pm said:

I HAVENT GOTTEN MINE YET EITHER!!!! I have been signed up on the GOW website since like november or december of last year! I have posted on the forum and have been pretty active on there, this is seriously lame, some people got theirs early and some on time and others such as me and by the comments above me, not at all. If you couldnt get to all the people then say so on the blog post at least we will know that maybe we’ll get it tomorrow rather than thinking we got screwed.

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:00 pm said:

I guess no one wants a free code for the God of War: Ghost of Sparta demo. Contact me on PSN, my ID is Platinum_Parker, I have no use for two…

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

Can someone PLEAAAAAASE give me a demo code. PLEASE I really appreciate it.

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

parker i’ll take it man

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 pm said:

You guys are making this too hard…

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:02 pm said:

mememememe parker me please

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

@ epiphoneguitar hit me up on PSN now! I’m on!

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:03 pm said:

on ps3? i don’t have one.

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:04 pm said:

please i really need one

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

OK you have a PSP then I assume…

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

yes i do

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:08 pm said:

but how do i contact you on psn?

+ OldKai on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

And yet again, the next Plus update is a waste. I am glad I got my code though.

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

how do i contact you parker?

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:14 pm said:

You need a PSN ID, basically need a PS3… I could post it here but you will have to be fast…

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:15 pm said:

can you email it to me?

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:15 pm said:

do i enter it into the psn store?

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:15 pm said:

I think the edit out emails and such…

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

so should i just be really fast?

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

Naw, I mean you sign in with it… let me see if I can contact you if not I will post it here.

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

ok im ready

+ epiphoneguitar on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

contact me how?

+ Platinum_Parker on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:22 pm said:

I tried your PSN ID and it shows but I can tell that you don’t have a PS3 because I don’t see any games you have played with trophies. Ah well…