PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Killzone 3 Coming to PS3 February 22, 2011

TJ Consunji's Avatar + Posted by TJ Consunji on Sep 03, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager

Guerrilla Games has been hard at work making the most explosive shooter possible on the PlayStation 3 system. At E3, the development team gave you a glimpse of Killzone 3 in 3D where they walked away with Best Shooter, Best 3D graphics, and Best PS3 game to name a few of the E3 awards received.

Last month, we unveiled elements of Killzone 3’s stellar new multiplayer at gamescom and revealed new vehicles.

Killzone 3 multiplayer

Today, on behalf of Guerrilla Games, we are happy to announce the official release date of Killzone 3 in North America is February 22nd, 2011!

Killzone 3 multiplayer

We’re at PAX today so if you’re at the show, please stop by the Killzone booth and check out multiplayer for yourself.

72 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Neil on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

2/22/11?

+ vividi on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

I cant wait I want this game now Killzone 3 OMG

+ Link01 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

+ remanutd5 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Best 3D graphics has to go to Motorstorm Apocalypse , it was the most impressive 3D demo at E3 in my opinion but Killzone 3 does look good too

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

OMGEE IM SO HYPE CANT WAIT ZOMG ONE MONTH AFTER MY BDAY OMGEE AHHHHHHHH

+ MarinoBrea on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Only wanted to say you guys have made me a believe in the FPS genre again, thank you.

+ commanderlewis on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Awesome! Can you guys show us some game-play footage of Mp from today’s event>? Thanks for the news btw!

+ ATOMS11 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

If only I had Dorothy like abilities :(

+ TEC-WeaponX on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Me: “Hello Sir”
Boss: “Hi, how can I help you Ali?..”
Me: “I can’t come in to work on Feb 22nd 2011″
Boss: “… O… K. ”
Me: “Or the 23rd, and 24th… and you get the point”
Boss: “You’re fired Ali”
Me: “YES!!”

~ EXC355UM

+ bebohonda on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

to bad my ps3 is burned to death

+ Enigma777 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

No Limited/Collector’s edition?

+ Jetup on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

I’m waiting on how the MP will play! Wish I was at PAX

+ mike_93hn on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I just hope there is an announcement for a public/close beta.

I am a KZ2 hardcore-fan and KZ3 MP vids made me doubt about buying KZ3, need a beta to judge it for myself.

+ Vorax07 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

I didn’t like KZ2,so I might be skipping this one,aswell.

+ eliud18 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!! Buying this as soon as it comes out. Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully there is a beta or something for Plus subscribers.

+ TooTall19 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

KZ3 is looking great! You guys are taking steps in the right direction!

+ crunchmonkey on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

Question: Have Guerrilla mentioned anything about a co-op campaign at all? If this game has co-op I won’t need to buy another game until 2012.

+ kzarling on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:26 am said:

I hope the campaign is better than Killzone 2′s. Don’t get me wrong; it wasn’t a bad game. It was beautiful and reasonably fun. I wish the guns had secondary fire, for instance. But really, the story was boring, cliche, uninteresting, etc. And stuff on the back of the box even promised “an environment that takes a toll” or something like that, and the game had none of it. That could have made things interesting, if Helghan had actually played a role in the story, had actually affected gameplay. That would have made Killzone 2′s campaign stand out from other shooters.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Is this gonna have online/offline co op? Yes or no? Stop dodging the question!!!!

+ Shin-Ra on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:31 am said:

The new screenshots are rather tasty.

+ ICU-KILLA on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Will be buying day 1 just like killzone2

+ ICU-KILLA on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

I know is going to be good i loved the 2nd one and will be taking off a week for this game again

+ jonathan_val on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

any co-op???
co-op campaign???

+ Berae on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Good news, any kind of coop would be awesome too. i didnt like killzone 2 singleplayer that much it was nothing special in term of gameplay (thats my opinion btw), i hope this one is better. The multiplayer tho was incredible. Ill preorder it at the beginning of next year anyway.

+ Shinmigami on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Multiplayer beta or demo. Please? I would love both, but either or would be amazing as well.

+ Blkant on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Will there be more vehicles in KZ3s MP than the exo or jet packs? I’m desperately hopping the jeep will make it in the MP, as well as everyone on the forums :P

+ Dragonzblaze on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:41 am said:

day 1 buy going to reserve ASAP

+ VenomUK on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:47 am said:

Does Killzone 3 have 4 player split-screen, offline and online?

+ Justp94 on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

YES!!! Woot Woot!

+ AngelMayLaugh on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:49 am said:

Beeeeeetaaaaaa???

+ vcotson on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:55 am said:

when is the beta site going to work? and please give us PS+ Members a close beta invite!!!

+ e-WrEcK- on September 3rd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Sony…can you make sure that SOCOM 4 isn’t out around this time and is AT LEAST released a few months after KZ3…KTHXBYE

+ Rike255 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

So excited now i just hope Resistance 3 release is spaced appropriately so i won’t have to pick between the two! Great news.

+ zombie9 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:00 am said:

just dont pull a GT5 LOL;)
Killzone 3 is going to deystroy Black ops!!!

+ hfj16 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

So that means Resistance 3 has a chance of coming out on may or june!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Destiny89 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

Looks great, cant wait

+ spideyal on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

I agree with Rike. I’m hoping I can spend time on one before so I can fully enjoy the other, and my guess is Killzone 3 will be coming first.

So I’m hoping Resistance 3 comes out either right before Summer or sometime in the Fall of 2011. At least the pressure will be off Insomniac, because I’m really looking forward to R3, too.

Oh, but I also hope Uncharted 3 doesn’t come out until November or something if it comes out 2011 and have Resistance 3 come out early fall. Just some tips :) And don’t worry about the next CoD, cause we all know it won’t do so well on PS3 due to the lack of love.

We’ll be buying first party games, or games from EA and others who respect the Playstation fans.

+ gillettjoe on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:20 am said:

What do I have to do/kill to get into this beta?

+ CrapForce on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

OMG the sequel to my favorite fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! plz give beta to psn plus ! members!

+ T-Jani on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

All i ask for is the game to have status updates so you know what your friends are up to while playing like Modnation Racers.

+ jh6269 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

I wish I could be at PAX! I’ve had Killzone 3 pre-ordered for months; can’t wait!

+ MarinoBrea on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

@people asking/wishing for split screen and

co-op: do you want a bad-ass Killzone 3 game, or do you want…HALO? make up your mind, geeeez….

+ Battlepope190 on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

Is there a set Japanese release date yet?

+ ww2_honor on September 3rd, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

February again eh? What was the 2nd games release date? Wasn’t it like 2/3/09 or something like that? No wait maybe it was 2/10/09 I think.

+ xIx_GamEOveR_xIx on September 3rd, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Looks promising,but 2 got alot of bad feedback as far as online is concerned,so not sure im gonna jump on this band-wagon just yet!Who knows single player may rock,but im an online freak so that has to be tight for me to jump on this :\

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 3rd, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

when can we learn about more multiplayer features, like CO OP?

+ NoWay on September 3rd, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

same day as my birthday :) thanks .. cant wait !

+ TheGuardianFID on September 3rd, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

The Masterpiece returns to outdo itself once more!!! 8)

+ Jeigh on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:01 pm said:

REGARDING CO-OP

@ MarinoBrea (42)
Yeah, Halo isn’t the only game to ever do co-op and not even my favorite by a long-shot. Ever heard of Resistance: Fall of Man?

The more important point for all those wondering, c’mon, people, you should know this by now: If there’s no answer, you already know the answer. Developers don’t usually hold back on bragging rights.

It’s understandable, given KZ3′s graphical quality, but disappointing, all the same. Don’t expect they’ll stray far beyond KZ2, vehicles being their “innovation” this time around. Center stage, once again, will be the idiocy that is multiplayer, a competition of pure repetition ad nauseam, minus the idiosyncratic minutia which keep the players blissfully unaware of the sense of deja vu they should be feeling.

The only thing that will drag cooperative back into the limelight is if this competitiveness spills into the corporate side of things, with one shooter successfully implementing the feature, thus forcing others to respond in kind.

+ mikedo2007 on September 3rd, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Looking good, keep it up.

PAGE 1 2