PlayStation VR

Sep 06

Sep 06

PlayStation 3 System Software Update v3.42 Now Available

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

PhilRiverBR said:

September 7th, 4:17 am

@143

Agreed!

If SONY wouldn’t listen us, what’s the point of PSBlog.Share then?

Kill the pirates, okay, but when you have time, can you please give us:

1- Cross Game Voice Chat
2- OtherOS back
3- User Custom Avatars (pictures, etc)
4- XMB User Customization
5- Lite SDK or Framework for indies, for the homebrew! SCUMMVM anyone?
6- and the list goes on…

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

September 7th, 4:34 am

1- Cross Game Voice Chat – no it kills live
2- OtherOS back – no for known reasons
3- User Custom Avatars (pictures, etc) – yea that would work well
4- XMB User Customization – use the theme creation kit
5- Lite SDK or Framework for indies, for the homebrew! SCUMMVM scummvm wahahaha

Justp94 said:

September 7th, 4:39 am

PS Jailbreak is screwed now!!!! hahaha and even if people don’t update u can’t connect to PSN!!!! hahahaa

Link01 said:

September 7th, 4:58 am

I pray this is to fight the hackers

boo93boo said:

September 7th, 4:58 am

i wish they would come out with an update where we can chat to other buddies outside of the game you are playing, or switch to talking to in-game players.

neuroned said:

September 7th, 5:13 am

This is the strangest batch of comments I’ve ever read. Why is everyone congratulating Sony for blocking a hack? The Jailbreak only affects those who use it. So if you’re not going to use one, then it really doesn’t affect you.

Are you celebrating because you are too weak to pass on the offer of a hack device?

Does anyone understand the homebrew scene? Do you realize what this patch is preventing? How many of you would like to play PS2 games on your non-backwards compatible PS3? What about older consoles? Homebrew typically adds all the features a gaming community longs for… features that the consoles developers don’t want you to have.

Cross game chat anyone?

Oh… and Sony, you’re customer service sucks big hairy ones. Releasing an update with a vague description and no new features? Do you think that your entire gaming community is made up of the psychologically compromised?

Just.plain.bad.

hush404 said:

September 7th, 5:14 am

no doubt to counter the jailbreak stuff, gladly appreciated.

Hamood-Solid said:

September 7th, 5:21 am

wowwyy, and i was thinking of getting another ps3 for special for jailbreak, cuz i knew that sony would block access to psn, im too attached to psn, loved ps2 free games, but now i really think sony is awesome for doing this step, makes creators not want to make more games for 360 XD

imadptr said:

September 7th, 5:25 am

haha I will not update to this secured firmware version. I want to remain free to use my PS3 in news ways that have been open recently >:-) I may buy another console (sold at loss by Sony) if enough good exclusive online games are released.

Take that Sony (especially SCEE), that’s what you deserve for not making the PSN officially available in Morocco. We’ve been buying original games here since PS3 release but you showed no support for us at all, it’s revenge time!

fasahatrox said:

September 7th, 5:26 am

m updating ryt now :)

fasahatrox said:

September 7th, 5:28 am

iz there a crack for ps3????
i heard there iz

BiezulbubBill69 said:

September 7th, 5:29 am

Sony always wins baby!!!!

xSALEMx said:

September 7th, 5:31 am

i totally agree with neuroned, im sick of sony facists deciding what i choose to do with something ive paid for, on top of them taking away the option of installing linux this totally takes the biscuit,with support from the homebrew community the ps3 could much more than it is. they can stick their updates.

AZNTree said:

September 7th, 5:31 am

Put it up on the website, so I can download it via removable storage.

Jeanse27 said:

September 7th, 5:35 am

@ iPuntBabies

Get a life poster # 14!!!

KnightRid said:

September 7th, 5:39 am

Everyone knows this is to block the jailbreak.

Let’s see…

Sony takes away PS2 playability then “upscales” older games and makes you pay for them AGAIN to play them on your PS3

Sony takes away Linux ability on the console for no other reason than someone was finding a way to create a workaround to play illegally downloaded games (seriously, downloading a blu-ray game is a bit crazy anyway)

Sony still has not given cross game chat

Sony patches a security hole within DAYS but can not seem to give the community what they want even in a couple years.

Now who do you think Sony cares about?

I still play games, so does my wife, that will just lock up for no apparent reason and I have to restart the system to continue. How about fixing that problem ;) Various games, random times, just locks up.

I gave up on Sony years ago after they screwed me over with a camcorder that NEVER worked right and since it was out of warranty (even though it was “repaired” twice before and STILL never worked) they told me to pound sand. I gave another try with the PS3 and for the most part, I am happy playing offline games but hate to go online and deal with the losers.

ok, rant over :) Sony won’t care about it anyway.

Wii60_DarkPGR said:

September 7th, 5:43 am

I’m still waiting for them to completely steal USB functionality. This time around, there’s a REAL security threat yet they did take the time to come up with a patch? Just in case anyone still believed them about the real reason for stealing OtherOS, this is PROOF thata security threat was NOT the reason… since, you know, the hack doesn’t even use OtherOS lol.

XMohsenX said:

September 7th, 5:44 am

My ps3 says I’m on latest version but i’m still on 3.41 and i can’t find it on pc so i can use starage.

Wii60_DarkPGR said:

September 7th, 5:44 am

@KnightRid

Don’t let them fool you. Is quite clear now that the reason why sony stole OtherOS from us had nothing to do with security, but rather with the very poor sales of their ps3-based workstations.

NoukonX said:

September 7th, 5:47 am

If only they could implement features us users want as quickly as they can build a team to block piracy measures…

oh well.

Gas0linE said:

September 7th, 5:47 am

LOL, another pointless update to the community. How about party chat? PS3 is a joke for online gaming. Sony please just license xbox live, so we don thave to deal with the crappy features of PSN. It will only do you and everyone else a big favor.

xxnike629xx said:

September 7th, 5:50 am

“Hi everyone! A minor update to your PS3 system is now available via system software update v3.42 that includes additional security features. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit the PS3 System Updates page.”

In short…

Block PS3JailBreak

Zinacef said:

September 7th, 5:58 am

Yet another unimpressive update.

lost_4_ever said:

September 7th, 6:00 am

jail breaker will figure it out i know it
hackers and Sony = templer and assassins lol

Uraizen said:

September 7th, 6:06 am

For all of you complaining about the lack of features, blame SCEJ, not worth complaining about it here:

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 7th, 6:06 am

For those making states about downloading Blu-Ray games, not every game is going to take up the entire blu-ray. Sure it has extra space but those multiplatform games will more than likely be around the same size they are on 360 and those run off DVDs. I’ll say it again, just because Blu-Ray can hold a ton of data doesn’t mean your games are taking advantage of it. Look at the full games on PSN for example. Their disc counterparts sure aren’t filling the entire disc.

Heisem said:

September 7th, 6:11 am

get it together guys…i’m not gonna update my ps3 every week due to “security reasons”

Berae said:

September 7th, 6:15 am

I hope its for stopping hacks

Keyeszx said:

September 7th, 6:16 am

@78 Are you serious? What features on the PSP that were wanted aren’t on it through homebrew. Learn the difference between pirate and homebrew. Homebrew is the act of hacking your console or handheld, which is not illegal, in some countries it is. But US it is not. The only thing illegal is when people download backups that they didn’t make themselves. Backups are really useful. It’s like digital download but you can use it for anything. With UMDs being so fragile it really helps.

What is with everyone being a fanboy for this. Homebrew is going to get on the PS3 one way or another so they might was well just let it happen. I would think of going if I saw some cool features for it, such as custom dynamic themes. Cross game chat, better in game XMB. Which I’m sure the homebrew community will bring. We’ll probably see a lot of apps come out for the PS3 through this.

PKFC said:

September 7th, 6:18 am

Want to readd linux support so I can install updates and go online? Just hope New Vegas doesn’t require >3.15

JeNeI said:

September 7th, 6:21 am

I am banned on PSN for a year now (6 Sept. 2009),and the news about the PSJailbreak made me excited.I don’t care about Sony banning now on PSN,because it’s irrelevant for me.I bought ~12 PS3 games over 1 year,and after that I realised that with that money I could bought a X360.It’s not worth the money to pay $60 for a game which you finish in 10-15hrs.And in the financial crise we are now,many people don’t have money for games.I will be the happiest person in the world when the free “PS3 jailbreak” will be releasen for the iPhone so I could jailbreak my PS3.I will play all the games that I hadn’t.I am not supporting the piracy but the $60 price tag in these days is huge.

A former Sony fanboy.

joelberg31 said:

September 7th, 6:22 am

Something went wrong during my update, and it’s asking me to connect storage media containing version 3.42 or later.

The problem is on Sony’s System Update webpage, it only has 3.41

Can you guys please put 3.42 on there? I can’t use my PS3 at all until you do.

I’m using an 120 gig slim (unmodded of course)

favian said:

September 7th, 6:23 am

Sony is kind of mishandling this one. If they’re closing an exposed security hole in the system, and they anticipate some resistence (we all know why there’d be some resistence). they need to include something major in the update to make it a more attractive option to update the firmware. For example, include an oft requested feature (ps2 software emulation, x game chat, etc etc, whatever people are requesting)

bunnyhunter said:

September 7th, 6:28 am

+10 for #11’s post!

favian said:

September 7th, 6:31 am

@174

you’re a total joke. Do you go into stores and say, i’m going to take this for free because the MSRP is out of my price range?

eyesofreality03 said:

September 7th, 6:35 am

lets keep this bad boy safe and secure , good job sony.

VectorRaven said:

September 7th, 6:39 am

@ ProjectInfiniti
Get some sense before posting. Personal music option has been a part of PS3 for a long while now. It’s up to the devs to implement it. It’s not that hard. PS3 was bound to be hacked sooner or later. You have all these folks talking about it’s for features they want and they won’t pirate games. Most of them do otherwise piracy wouldn’t be so high.

TheBearJew173 said:

September 7th, 6:43 am

@Tondog yea for games that will be able to use move.

and @Nathanuc1988 no the automatic download does not work you have to do yourself

Deyvisson said:

September 7th, 6:43 am

@JeNeI You talks about financial crise and have an IPHONE.

LOL.

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:44 am

screw you with your updates Sony! There useless and pointless! Where’s the real update that we’ve been asking for for months year’s now! Cross Game Chat!, More support for Custom Sound Track’s in all our games!, A Longer Friends and Ban List!,A Better way to communicate with my friends when I’m not on my PS3!.This is why Xbox Live kick’s your ass big time!!..You might as well advertise to the kiddie market because that’s what your doing in my opinion! 3.42 What a damn joke!

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:46 am

they had long enough to pick up the pace! Not even close! HD 3D what a joke as well as Move! lmao!

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:47 am

Move is for kids not adult’s! lamo! Your all blinded by Sony’s stupid so called innovation’s? Don’t make me laugh!

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:49 am

Didn’t you moron’s watched XPLAY they gave it 2 out 5 for Move’s games and the device they said it handled horribly lamo! Wow..Sad $99.99 is a ripoff! TRY HARDER SONY!

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:51 am

Never will Sony change they only want your money!..

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

September 7th, 6:53 am

SCEA if you want to play catch up then start charging to play online to get rid of those annoying kids and those damn noob tuber’s etc.. Otherwise your luck is out!.I don’t see this on XBL mind you people only on PS3!..

carlosmrce said:

September 7th, 7:03 am

Where is the cross chat sony?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

DDavidian said:

September 7th, 7:07 am

I don’t have any problem with Sony updating the firmware every week, as long as they throw a new feature every time.

JohnTrix said:

September 7th, 7:25 am

hey im having this problems i cant install the update of playstation home version 1.36 when y click ok to down load the ps3 restar… and i have another problem 2 where do i claim some problems with a redeem code cuz when i reserve god of war they give me a redeem code that when i finish the game they send me a code to have a skeleton armor hope u can help me with that

BroWren said:

September 7th, 7:26 am

How about fixing that leap year bug while you’re at it?

niked said:

September 7th, 7:31 am

This is not acceptable!

“That’s where they develop the core firmware as well. And we’ve been trying to take over their work here in Europe and the US, or at least divide the tasks, but without success. See, they’re really stubborn. And they have other priorities over there. They don’t care much about social media and online gaming. Not many people play online games in Japan, apart from the ones that are into MMOs. But, as I said, we’re still working on it and we’ll get there eventually. I mean, we know it’s a big deal here in Europe and in the US. And we’re frustrated by the fact that Sony Japan really slows things down.”

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9