No Man's Sky

PlayStation 3 System Software Update v3.42 Now Available

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Sep 06, 2010 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

Hi everyone! A minor update to your PS3 system is now available via system software update v3.42 that includes additional security features. For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit the PS3 System Updates page.

431 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

+ osorio516 on September 7th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

keep it up sony… we need better stuff….

+ Orbilator on September 7th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

Thank you sony, I sick of my 360 owning friends throwng this in my face. I dont need homebrew to enjoy my PS3.
It goes to show that Sony is committed to the console and keeping it a viable machine for software developers who dont want to worry of piracy. I also have to things to say on this whole affair.
It was never a righteous hack anywayz, it was always a software exploit. and 2. Being only a software exploit did anyone ever think that it would be any length of time before sony patched this, and how many looser bought a jailbreak at 170? I cant stop laughing at the moment, but you only have silly selfs to blame.

So all in all I am with Sony in whatever endevour they chose to make the my PS3 unhackable, just wish they could do the same with the PSP.

Does anyone think that Microsoft and Nintendo dont do enough to combat piracy?

+ Nibeltos on September 7th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

OMG! This thread is full of trolls!! Shame on you!!

Thanks SONY!! If I will have to Update every week, I WILL do it more than pleased.

+ kmufc222 on September 7th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

thanks !! atlast

+ ssmokemadblnts on September 7th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

oh well im not JB but this sounds like it much suck for the people who are. I would get my ps3 “fixed” i just dont know how

+ zombie9 on September 7th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

@194 LOL:)

@190 Delete Home with triangle button then go back in it.(it will redownload).
Code for god of war??? Have no idea what your talking about.

+ TwinDad on September 7th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

@SNAKE-EYES73

Don’t worry in a few posts someone will rebut your X-Play argument with “teh bias”.

+ ssmokemadblnts on September 7th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

no more hackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ aquastorm on September 7th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

Isn’t it funny how Sony sure can jump on it and get a patch out to prevent the use of jailbreak but it takes them YEARS “looking at” how to implement cross game chat?

+ phinnv8 on September 7th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Yet another pointless waste of time PS3 update. If only PS3 was like Xbox when it got updates it actually did something good and added new stuff.

+ Chuckbait on September 7th, 2010 at 8:16 am said:

Is this update required?

+ Orbilator on September 7th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

chuckbait, its mandatory.

+ ziggurcat on September 7th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

@100 KazeEternal:

and if geohot left the PS3 alone we wouldn’t be in this predicament… so… you know…

+ papidj1 on September 7th, 2010 at 8:21 am said:

Big LOL for those people saying ” thanks Sony for keep the jailbreak away” LOL.

LOOk at your very own Ipod, It’s already Jailbreaked! LOL.

+ toda9008 on September 7th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

hey are you guys going to update the system update page because I cant download the new update 3.42 by the internet because I keep getting the DNS error so am I going to be able to update via storage media soon.

+ UNIT-TRB on September 7th, 2010 at 8:22 am said:

I am total cool with patches to thwart hackers. The psp should be enough of a playground for them. As for Linux…it runs on anything, stop using the excuse and put it on your old box that is collecting dust.

+ R0n1n_76 on September 7th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

I have an 60GB, unhacked, not jailbroken phat PS3…I’ll wait until i know this update won’t brick my system.

+ LeonBlade on September 7th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Well, good thing I didn’t spend money on making my own jailbreak dongle, now huh?
Sony, I like that you’re trying to keep the pirates at bay and away from the PS3, and more power to you. But me personally, I wanted to jailbreak for a chance to develop on the PS3 with homebrew.

Release something like XNA for the PS3 for free and I will love you for life.
And I wont even care about jailbreaking anymore, I just want to develop for your console!

Oh well, hopefully someday? Maybe this is the spark that starts the fire to a SDK for the PS3.

+ KidCommando on September 7th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

juice by Sony, juice by Sony….Goooooooo SONY!

+ MarinoBrea on September 7th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

Dear Sony:

You are really FAST to address the stuff you CARE about, but how about the stuff people post in this blog.share you created?

Yeah…

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 7th, 2010 at 8:30 am said:

See? jailbreaking had nothing to do with Linux, so give it back to us, and also give us PS2 backwards compatibility

+ xSALEMx on September 7th, 2010 at 8:31 am said:

@post 193, most people didnt even pay for it anyway and now theyve modded their consoles they’ll just refuse to update,its not like theres any ps3 exclusives on the horizon worth updating for and psn is a joke, if i want to play online i’ll use my 360.

+ BLALAZER on September 7th, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

GTFO of my ps3 piratezz

+ MarinoBrea on September 7th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

@ #206

toda9008: get the update from the boards, it’s always faster:

+ shaded-sp on September 7th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

Where is Bluetooth A2DP? So much gamers are waiting for this!!!

+ blackburn1974 on September 7th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

I just hope the update dont kill my ps3 like the last 1 did with my 80gb model the red screen of death after update : (

+ CrapForce on September 7th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

sony fails at listening

+ PhillyTheCat on September 7th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

I went to playstation.blog share with an idea I posted it twice. yesterday and today. I do not see it there(reason for my second post). Idea~~ Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen Re~make for the PS3. Are there any Kain fans currently online to support my idea?

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 7th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

@MarinoBrea +1 ;)

Please sony i really need to download your 3.42 firmware for my USB key, i changed my hard drive and now i cant install Anything!!!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 7th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

btw european server already released 3.42 firmware…

+ Luis_rules_1st on September 7th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Yeah! New update.
I’ll update & see the changes.

Oh, wait, there R NO changes. Not even 1 that we should care about.

Come on. This is crap!

1.- Most of us know what this update is for.
2.- Looks like we didn’t loose anything this time, but next time, what R we gonna lose? We already lost Other OS. What’s next? USB support?
3.- From all the things posted, U give us nothing. Only a crappy update that works for nothing.

Thanks for nothing.

L8er!

+ xAllanKx on September 7th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

good work Sony kill those tards who like to copy games

+ BettyBlueGT on September 7th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

If only updates that mattered were pushed out like this.. Instead we get a security update and a suggested things to buy in PS store..

+ Rene_Led on September 7th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Hackers are now gonna have to make a Jaaiiilbreak-AC/DC from new security ;)

+ Zezzler on September 7th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Hopefully my automatic updates has already downloaded and installed this firmware :D

+ xSALEMx on September 7th, 2010 at 9:15 am said:

or just not update

+ Sarno1605 on September 7th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

Sony you do realize that they have already figured out how to not download this “mandatory” update. Nice try but hackers will ALWAYS find a way around it. Theirs a video already showing how to be able to sign in and still use PSN without downloading this “Mandatory” update. Once again Nice try. ;D

+ xSALEMx on September 7th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

whats the big worry??? you all scared that your ps3′s might accidentally get hacked and be able to run unsigned code?

+ Baby_Crimes on September 7th, 2010 at 9:16 am said:

@Wonder if there will be an update for my PS3 to be capable of reading 3D movies later on…. doubt it though. It’s wierd how it can read 3D games :)

+ Sarno1605 on September 7th, 2010 at 9:18 am said:

CyberfreakISO…..put old hard drive in and download update. then put in the new one and it should work. i got that same message before and that worked for me hope this helps.

+ bone_crusher504 on September 7th, 2010 at 9:24 am said:

we neeed an update that enables us to listen to music while play
ing any game!!!

+ NoisyNieghbor on September 7th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

Instead of fighting a war they can’t win, Sony should make the same features that ‘PSJailbreak’ can do so people WANT to update and don’t hack their PS3.

- Make an option to install full games on the hard drive OFFICIALLY. 360 can do this, no?

- Give back PS2 emulation for those complaining, but still release HD Collections for the buyers.

If Sony removes any features like how they removed Linux because of hackers, people will just support the hackers even more.

+ Denuq on September 7th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

maybe when your company fixes Install failure at 14% (code 80029564) bug then it might be possible download the new firmware update, infact when you get around to fixing the bug, i might even get to download demos and stuff off the psn

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 7th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

@Sarno1605
hanks for your help!
but i cant re-download it
i already upgraded to 3.42 before upgrading my hard drive
everythin is fine when i put back my old hard drive but i really cant put my new hard drive
i even try the link on boardus.playstation for 3.42 and it keep saying that it need 3.42 to continue

+ SkyNet003 on September 7th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

I’ll update as soon as i see that this is not breaking other people’s systems.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 7th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

@SkyNet003
i updated my 2 FAT PS3 and absolutly no problem happen

+ titoboy666 on September 7th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Sony FTW! Hope the fight against piracy won’t take all your development time and prevent you from adding new features to the system!

+ Dj_TuCeN on September 7th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

its sad how every1 fights over something so stupid =.= homebrew isn’t bad.. to a certain point which also seems to pass that point

there’s a lot of cons and pros using homebrew more pros then cons seriously search and read before you start writing nonsense

its good that sonys protecting the system by limiting our ability of freedom? come on now how stupid does that even sound its like if i was a slave ill be happy? now wtf are you smoking yes its ok i see were sony is going they are trying to get there cash etc. also trying to keep it fair for every1 we understand but please if your going to call it a update do not even say its a update that’s just garbage 2 updates already for things that our so stupid

OtherOS: just cause of geohot

PsJailbreaking: homebrew

NOW WHAT I CAN EVEN RUN MY WEB BROWSER CAUSE THEY FOUND A HACK THERE TOO? OR I CANT PUT A COMMENT UP CAUSE THAT’S HACKED TOO? SOONER OR LATER WE WONT BE ABLE TO PLAY BLUE RAY DISCS AT THIS POINT

+ Lucky13X on September 7th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

And yet, we still can’t have Other OS back. A bit lame if you ask me.

+ Gitsy365 on September 7th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

Fair play to Sony for making life hard for jailbreakers. Let’s not forget the honest people to while you’re doing that. Any chance in updating the browser as it’s God damned awful?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 9